ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Will Andy Ever Win The Big One? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320895)

KCFTW 01-26-2019 09:06 AM

All we need to do is be middle of the pack in terms of penalties and defense, and we will win one. If he can't make the super bowl by the time Mahomes contract expires, he needs to go.

It was a horrible error in judgement to keep Sutton around as long as he did.

Coochie liquor 01-26-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 14073198)
I don't know that Andy knows what to do to win the Super Bowl or he would have done it by now.

I want to believe that Mahomes changes that. But I’m really struggling to be positive after I saw the offensive gameplan in the first half of the Pats game. He seemed to go away from what was working for us all year. Screens, and motions were non existent, and everything just looked different. I hope next time he has a better first half gameplan. Mahomes is a God, but is he enough to overcome Andy’s playoff blunders? I sure ****ing hope so, but at this point I’m skeptical at best.

crayzkirk 01-26-2019 09:43 AM

I say no for two reasons. First, Andy is a great offensive coordinator and an average head coach. He doesn't seem to be a full team coach and leaves the defense to the other guys. Second, the Chiefs are a model organization which is more interested in public opinion than winning. I base this on their loyalty to players and the large number of contracts that have strapped the team over the years.

Didn't want Andy/Alex when they were brought here and still don't want someone else's trash.

I'm not sure how many five year plans I have left.

FringeNC 01-26-2019 09:47 AM

Sure he will, because of Mahomes. Almost all coaches who win SBs will them shortly after becoming head coach. Reid will be the exception. He's come close, has a great offensive mind, and this was Mahomes first year starting. He could actually get quite a bit better. Think about that.

oldman 01-26-2019 10:16 AM

Yes he will, mostly due to Mahomes. I'm not going to blame the total crapfest of the 1st half totally on Andy. There were passes missed and dropped that could have lead to scoring. But the greater problem was the D. How many 3rd and longs did Brady overcome because Sutton couldn't/wouldn't adjust? When the broadcast booth starts dissecting the defense and calling the play, you know the Hoddie knew it, too. Spags may not be the total answer, but we sure know Sutton took us down a dark path.

Deberg_1990 01-26-2019 10:16 AM

If just average coaches like Billick, Kubiak and Switzer can win it, Andy can too.

Sometimes its just timing, circumstance, and luck.

oldman 01-26-2019 10:23 AM

Switzer??? Please, I could have won one with the 95 Cowboys.