ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Are you going to watch the Super Bowl? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320824)

DinoHackett 01-22-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 14065708)
The fact is that the NFL has so screwed their product up that I can't bear to watch it outside of KC. College is a much superior product.

lol no it isn't.

Bowser 01-22-2019 10:01 PM

Oh, I'll probably end up watching it. But I doubt if I get invested in the game much if at all.

chiefsfan987 01-22-2019 10:05 PM

I won't be watching but not because I'm bitter. About 5 years ago I stopped watching the superbowl as well as regular season games that didn't involve the Chiefs because when it came down to it I really didn't care who won since it wasn't going to be KC. Good luck to both teams though.

BigRedChief 01-22-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14065571)
Frazod is correct, all other takes are pointless shit. The NFL lives and dies by television contracts. Television contracts are given to the NFL based on ratings. Don't watch, don't buy their advertisers products, and you ABSOLUTELY "send a message".

P.S. Suck it if you hate this post. Thanks!

the Chiefs game was the highest rated show of all TV since Super Bowl 52. TV ratings are thru the roof. All days, networks and times. Fans love the offense. For crissakes, you had newbies pissed off on Twitter because Mahomes didn’t get his chance in overtime. They had no idea about the overtime rules. The offense is attracting new fans.

ILChief 01-22-2019 10:09 PM

Go Rams

Why Not? 01-22-2019 10:17 PM

Nah. But I kinda want the Pats to win because maybe just maybe Brady ****ing retires. Also no way can douche frat bro Goff win a SB before Mahomes

cooper barrett 01-22-2019 10:20 PM

Only if they replay the CCGs.

Imon Yourside 01-22-2019 10:22 PM

What time is the Chiefs vs Saints game?

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-22-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14065894)
the Chiefs game was the highest rated show of all TV since Super Bowl 52. TV ratings are thru the roof. All days, networks and times. Fans love the offense. For crissakes, you had newbies pissed off on Twitter because Mahomes didn’t get his chance in overtime. They had no idea about the overtime rules. The offense is attracting new fans.

Okay.....

And if Mahomes were in the Super Bowl I can guaran-****ing-tee you the ratings would be off the charts versus the pablum they're getting ready to televise.

Which was my point: if you're sick and tired of watching shit football just so the NFL can try and keep working it's "expand to overseas markets by continuously featuring NE and large market"-horse shit, then ****ing DO SOMETHING about it.
DON'T watch. DON'T buy "Pepsi" or "Bud Light", and hit these ****ers and their network's clients right in the wallet.

GloucesterChief 01-22-2019 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinoHackett (Post 14065886)
lol no it isn't.

Yes, yes it is.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-22-2019 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 14065912)
Nah. But I kinda want the Pats to win because maybe just maybe Brady ****ing retires. Also no way can douche frat bro Goff win a SB before Mahomes

Dude....

If Brady wins, all that does is embolden him to keep on playing.

oldman 01-22-2019 10:45 PM

Boycotting advertisers products isn't going to work. Seriously, do you really expect people to stop drinking Bud Light, quit buying Ford and Chevy trucks, and stop eating Doritos? No, the answer is to tune your TV to the History Channel, ION Television, or just leave it off. Don't watch pregame, pre-pregame, or any other broadcast that features the SB. Ratings are what drives advertising money and that's king.

Frazod 01-22-2019 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14065930)
Dude....

If Brady wins, all that does is embolden him to keep on playing.

I don't know about that. His skills have clearly diminished. Against a real defense he would have lost. Hell, he was just a dumbass offsides inch away from a 3-interception loss.

Maybe if the Cheatriots win the miserable old **** will finally ride off into the sunset and take Hoodie with him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-22-2019 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 14065969)
Boycotting advertisers products isn't going to work. Seriously, do you really expect people to stop drinking Bud Light, quit buying Ford and Chevy trucks, and stop eating Doritos? No, the answer is to tune your TV to the History Channel, ION Television, or just leave it off. Don't watch pregame, pre-pregame, or any other broadcast that features the SB. Ratings are what drives advertising money and that's king.

To an extent; YES. Shit, even if I were a stone-cold alcoholic, I could give up Bud Light with less than a snap of my fingers! LMAO

Does Doritos have a competitor? Of course they do!

The Truck thing is usually a brand loyalty-issue, so that's a wash but you get my point.

Other than that, I agree with you; just TURN IT OFF.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14065971)
I don't know about that. His skills have clearly diminished. Against a real defense he would have lost. Hell, he was just a dumbass offsides inch away from a 3-interception loss.

Maybe if the Cheatriots win the miserable old **** will finally ride off into the sunset and take Hoodie with him.

I watched some sideline clip of him and Edleman sucking each other off after a TD, and he said "WE CAN DO THIS FOREVER"!

So yeah, he needs to get his ass beat, and painfully.

GloryDayz 01-22-2019 10:58 PM

I loath both cites, one is the womb of U.S. terrorist, the other is L.A. (!!!); outside of their weather they pretty-much suck as a people and they have Marcus Peters.

I don't know which team I want to lose more, perhaps Boston can do its thing and torch both teams and improve America.