ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How sick have you been and still been able to work? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271963)

007 04-10-2013 04:46 PM

If I am not running a high fever or throwing up, my ass is at work.

I get really annoyed at the people that complain about coming to work with a cold too. JFC its a cold. You were exposed to it before I even knew I had it. If people stayed home for colds winter would be a pretty damn unproductive season.

SAUTO 04-10-2013 05:40 PM

VERY.
Posted via Mobile Device

JoeyChuckles 04-10-2013 05:52 PM

I'm a 30 year old that works in an office. Four years ago, I wasn't feeling good, so I just sat at my desk and kept quiet for 9 hours. I then went to the emergency room and got a kidney stone surgically removed. Back at work after a day off.

If I can sit in a chair, I'll be there.

Simba 04-10-2013 05:52 PM

Malaria once, and didn't miss any time off of work. A year and a half later dengue fever; still came to work.

Al Bundy 04-10-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simba (Post 9575609)
Malaria once, and didn't miss any time off of work. A year and a half later dengue fever; still came to work.

That makes you a dumbass.

lcarus 04-10-2013 06:13 PM

I don't have a choice but to work when I'm sick. There's only about 6 people at my shop and I'm responsible for too much. I mean if it's something that I literally have to miss work for, like a broken arm or severe flu, then they have to work around it somehow. Mostly I have to tough shit out though. We've had several people up there that call in for something every other damn week before. It's always a Friday or Monday. Of course...

Chief Roundup 04-10-2013 06:20 PM

If you are running a fever or are contagious you should stay home. I have told people that I worked for that I would not be in a enclosed vehicle or share a phone with someone that has strep or the flu etc.
Sick people should stay home and not infect everyone else.

Pablo 04-10-2013 06:21 PM

I work for a large corporation with lots of people in a close vicinity. If I'm sick, I'm not coming in and being sick guy getting everyone else sick. The place will run just fine without me.

I already got a nasty flu this winter from a workplace hero trying to save the company from certain ruin with some sort of nasty swine flu type shit running through her system.

TribalElder 04-10-2013 06:30 PM

The only reason you go to work sick is because it's your business. I hate when people come in to work sick. Keep that shit to yourself. I appreciate your dedication but don't make me sick because you think you can make it through the day

kcxiv 04-10-2013 06:31 PM

i despise people who go out of their home when they have the flu. Last year i had a flu like i never had in my damned life! i was bed ridden for like 7 days. Folks need to be like them japanese wearing them masks if they go out sick to public places! lol Damn flu turned me into a germaphobe lol

TribalElder 04-10-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9575757)
i despise people who go out of their home when they have the flu. Last year i had a flu like i never had in my damned life! i was bed ridden for like 7 days. Folks need to be like them japanese wearing them masks if they go out sick to public places! lol Damn flu turned me into a germaphobe lol

SARS mask required

Spott 04-10-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9575757)

We don't get sick time where I work so I've gone to work with the flu a few times. I'm a lineman and one of the times I threw up at work that day I actually vomited from 25 feet in the air while I was working in the bucket. I think I threw up like 6 times that day at work. I'm sure it looked pretty cool from the ground but it didn't feel so great at the time.

LoneWolf 04-10-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9574966)
What is work?

That activity your mom does on the corner of Hollywood and Vine in the evenings. :evil:

TimeForWasp 04-10-2013 08:13 PM

When I'm really sick , I go to work. When it's sunny and I am in the mood to play hookie, i call in sick. If you are sick, Why not get paid for it? If you want to be free, pretend you are sick. I can not think of a time I took of sick when I was really sick.

Phobia 04-10-2013 08:37 PM

I work pretty hard. I worked the day after spraining my knee. Could barely walk. Got heat exhaustion last summer. Went inside for an hour, drank some water, then went back at it for 6 more hours until 11:00 PM. But the runs? If I have the runs, I'm stationed very near a toilet. I'm not about to shit myself at a client's house. I learned that lesson the hard way a long, long time ago.