ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Batwoman is a lesbian (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141603)

fan4ever 05-22-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 14982083)
You must have been heartbroken when they killed her off in 79 and didn't bring her back for almost 30 years.

Really haven't read comics since I was about 12 so I missed that edition but my comment wasn't directly focused on Batwoman; she's not the only character that's been, or will be, altered from their original persona for an agenda.

DaneMcCloud 05-22-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14980832)
I didn’t even realize this show existed. But I wonder why she left?

She was injured multiple times on set, including a nasty back injury in which she herniated two discs and nearly severed her spinal cord.

She also took a bunch of heat from Social Media once she was cast and from my understanding, didn't like the grind of a weekly TV series, which made it difficult not just for her, but for the entire crew.

Brody Wa 05-23-2020 04:04 PM

I’ll take the cat girl over bat women every day of the week.

listopencil 05-23-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brody Wa (Post 14986141)
I’ll take the cat girl over bat women every day of the week.

Yvonne Craig as Batgirl, hotter than either of them.

CarlosCarson27 05-24-2020 12:08 AM

I watched a couple episodes back then.
Just weak. Like a Sci fi channel series.

Didn't really care for the lesbian either..or a villain being a past friend sort of love interest.

All tv is dumb.. but that was dumb-dumb

UK_Chief 05-24-2020 12:17 AM

Wait, Robin is gay right? Batman at least bi and possibly a pedo (depending how old Robin is supposed to be). Billionaire bachelor Bruce Wayne has a young male ‘Companion’ living with him. Together they fight crime and Batman gets propositioned by hot women in every episode and turns them down. Plus they both dress up in women’s clothes...

Mahomes_Is_God 05-24-2020 02:13 AM

Lesbians are great (not the fat ugly ones). If anybody knows of any single hot lesbians that like poor fat ugly men, plz let me know.

kysirsoze 05-24-2020 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 14984721)
Really haven't read comics since I was about 12 so I missed that edition but my comment wasn't directly focused on Batwoman; she's not the only character that's been, or will be, altered from their original persona for an agenda.

Dude, the only agenda is selling comics. Diversifying helps them reach a broader audience. Just because comics spent almost a century only catering to straight white males doesn't mean it has to continue and in fact it can't if they hope to maintain any relevance or marketability.

stevieray 05-24-2020 09:22 AM

Keep lowering the bar for money.

MahiMike 05-24-2020 09:26 AM

Let's just ruin everything shall we?

kysirsoze 05-24-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14986671)
Keep lowering the bar for money.

And I see it as raising the bar but we obviously aren't going to come to an agreement there. The real point is how many comics have you purchased in the last 20 or 30 years?

fan4ever 05-24-2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 14986686)
And I see it as raising the bar but we obviously aren't going to come to an agreement there. The real point is how many comics have you purchased in the last 20 or 30 years?

Comic books? I don't know what comic book revenue is currently but I have a feeling the big screen is what they're focusing on nowadays...hence the influence from Hollywood.

kysirsoze 05-24-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 14986688)
Comic books? I don't know what comic book revenue is currently but I have a feeling the big screen is what they're focusing on nowadays...hence the influence from Hollywood.

This has very little to do with Hollywood. This is about comics which have seen decades of declining sales. The movies are mostly in line with the history of the characters because they want the nostalgia dollar and don't need to appeal to more specific demographics. The movies are much more one size fits all. The actual monthly issues, however, have always sought to find more niche markets. In this case it's trying to draw in readers that would have usually dismissed comics as fantasies for 12 year old boys. They have to change with the times or risk becoming irrelevant and folding altogether.

stevieray 05-24-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 14986686)
And I see it as raising the bar

I see it as promoting homosexuality to a very small percentage of society because of declining sales.

DaneMcCloud 05-24-2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14986800)
I see it as promoting homosexuality to a very small percentage of society because of declining sales.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14986800)

Promoting? Homosexuals are everywhere in today's society. From teachers to policemen, firemen, politicians, bankers, hairdressers, store clerks - you name it.

Secondly, this thread was started 14 years ago. Not yesterday, last week or last year but 14 years ago.

This character was always homosexual in the comics. It has nothing to do with "sales" and everything to do with reflecting upon today's society.