ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs McDowell: Why The Chiefs Pursuit to Renovate Arrowhead Has Hit A Snag (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351198)

TEX 12-02-2023 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 17253990)
Arrowhead need to bring back the rolling cover concept.

Now THAT would really be something!

BigRedChief 12-02-2023 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 17253990)
Arrowhead need to bring back the rolling cover concept.

Why? I don't see a scenario where the Royals stay at Kaufmann.

Woogieman 12-02-2023 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 17254003)
Hard to fill luxury boxes with corporate clients with corporations don't stick around..

Cerner, DST, KC Southern..

Kansas City has never been a huge corporate town but sells out a 75,000 seat Arrowhead every game, including all the recently-built suite additions. In addition to 4 Light, there are several other housing and other projects beginning in Downtown. In 2012, KC Downtown had 225,000 out of town vistors, a decade later, the number is 10+ million and steadily increasing.
A Royals Stadium location anywhere other than Downtown would be a monumental disaster. Nobody wants to come to KC from Minnesota, Chi, Stl, Iowa, Omaha, et al and spend the weekend at the Legends. It's just silly talk/posturing.

TribalElder 12-02-2023 04:47 PM

Maybe Frank White will do everyone a favor an die

That would be great for this whole nonsense and the entire Jackson county property tax scam thats a back alley abortion with rusty equipment

Bob Dole 12-02-2023 06:38 PM

I really don’t understand the entire downtown stadium thing. Are you there for the game, or something else? The Truman sports complex was a brilliant idea 50 years ago, and continues to shine. “But I can’t find a BW3 or an AirBNB within walking distance” is a shit excuse to spend a billion and remove an iconic facility.

Chief Roundup 12-02-2023 06:46 PM

Would it be better for the Chiefs if the Royals were removed from the equation? I would think it certainly could be better and really should be better because of the disparity between the two franchise's situations and the drive to obtain wins and provide the best product for the tax payers and fans.

Woogieman 12-02-2023 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 17254337)
I really don’t understand the entire downtown stadium thing. Are you there for the game, or something else? The Truman sports complex was a brilliant idea 50 years ago, and continues to shine. “But I can’t find a BW3 or an AirBNB within walking distance” is a shit excuse to spend a billion and remove an iconic facility.

I think The K is fine (convenient, unparalleled parking ease), but Sherman says (at gunpoint) that the only way to stay competitive is to create alternate/additional income streams with a new facility. I personally think the "crumbling" state of the K is an exaggeration at best, and I would MUCH rather see MLB get it's shit together and institute a real salary cap, but IF they must leave the K, the Downtown model has proven a success in nearly every city. The Rs avg just over 16K/game, they need to do something.

BigRedChief 12-02-2023 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woogieman (Post 17254426)
I think The K is fine (convenient, unparalleled parking ease), but Sherman says (at gunpoint) that the only way to stay competitive is to create alternate/additional income streams with a new facility. I personally think the "crumbling" state of the K is an exaggeration at best, and I would MUCH rather see MLB get it's shit together and institute a real salary cap, but IF they must leave the K, the Downtown model has proven a success in nearly every city. The Rs avg just over 16K/game, they need to do something.

No idea about the condition of the underlying infrastructure. As a non-Royals fan, I can say that the “K” without a doubt is one of the best places to watch a game in the entire MLB.

ChiefsFanatic 12-02-2023 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17253471)
Lol this is an awful excuse to pay for billionaires. As a KCMO resident it would be awesome if both went to KS

I don't know if you are in this category, but a lot of people who feel like you do, don't actually understand the revenue that is generated in the city of Kansas City proper, because of the location of the Chiefs and Royals.

While the loss of said revenue would not be immediately felt, over the course of time the city will have to raise taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, etc. to start recouping the monies lost.

City governments are slow to react to trends like a steady loss of tax revenue, especially revenue that isn't easily tracked or quantified, as in this case, and that delay could end up causing long term damage to the city that would more than likely be a long term issue.

I don't know. I am super high, but I remember lectures from economics in college talking about this type of issue. Actually, I am thinking of a lecture hosted by the economics and political science professors. I can't remember the freaking introduction of the lecture, but I feel like it was something about city management, but I am really high and can't remember.

L.A. Chieffan 12-02-2023 09:08 PM

Royals is one thing but if the Chiefs leave Arrowhead it'd be like if they knocked down the Louvre

Woogieman 12-02-2023 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17254482)
No idea about the condition of the underlying infrastructure. As a non-Royals fan, I can say that the “K” without a doubt is one of the best places to watch a game in the entire MLB.

Could the infrastructure have "crumbled" that badly in 14 years? It must have, since none of the $250,000,000 renovation was earmarked towards infrastructure :hmmm:

ghak99 12-02-2023 09:28 PM

Frank White can go **** himself with a rusty fork.

Bob Dole 12-02-2023 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woogieman (Post 17254426)

The R’s average that because they put up a shit team. Does a downtown stadium change that?

Bob Dole 12-02-2023 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 17254351)
Would it be better for the Chiefs if the Royals were removed from the equation? I would think it certainly could be better and really should be better because of the disparity between the two franchise's situations and the drive to obtain wins and provide the best product for the tax payers and fans.

Word salad.

Woogieman 12-02-2023 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 17254550)
The R’s average that because they put up a shit team. Does a downtown stadium change that?

Yes, if it increases revenue...that's the whole point.