ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about Harris's catch. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310866)

Mosbonian 10-16-2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 13155908)
I do not think it was a catch, in terms of completing the process. It was just a drop.

I also find it interesting that no one else, the announcers or anyone thought it worthy of a challenge, and there hasn't been any discussion in the media that I have seen about it being a questionable call, so I think this is most non-Chief fans' view on it.

Actually Romo did question it on the replay.

Ragged Robin 10-16-2017 10:22 AM

IMO it was worth a challenge but it was most likely not going to get overturned, ended up not needing the timeout anyway. Should have taken the FG in the first place though

CaliforniaChief 10-16-2017 10:25 AM

3rd down call: Garbage.
Not taking the FG: Garbage.
4th down call: Garbage.
Not challenging? Yeah, Garbage.

That was a really bad sequence for Andy.

O.city 10-16-2017 10:29 AM

The more I watch it the more it looks like he does have possession and two feet down and it's in a controlled state

Ming the Merciless 10-16-2017 10:31 AM

I'll admit this:

I thought it was a touchdown when I saw it. It looked like a TD that was ripped out after the fact....and I do not know, still...how this rule works. I have no clue what the proper ruling is. I have a feeling, since we didnt challenge it ...and no one made a stink over it...that it was not a TD....but thats simply a guess.

I'd love it if some of you drafturbator geniouses could enlighten me.

Ming the Merciless 10-16-2017 10:32 AM

And, absoluetly yes. I was horrified we didnt take the 3 points and move on.

Absolutely game losing decision, right there.

Discuss Thrower 10-16-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13155950)
I thought it was a catch/TD, but I also do not have a clear understanding of the rules.

You're now qualified to referee and NFL football game.

Gravedigger 10-16-2017 10:52 AM

The thing that burns me is the no call for challenge. Let the Refs decide the catch, maybe they give it to us and we have a chance. Taking it away wasn't egregious, but I would waste a timeout to at least try to get 7 points, instead of lose by 6.

Reerun_KC 10-16-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 13155935)
Still has to complete the "process" which didn't happen IMO

Can you explain the "process".

Reerun_KC 10-16-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 13156194)
3rd down call: Garbage.
Not taking the FG: Garbage.
4th down call: Garbage.
Not challenging? Yeah, Garbage.

That was a really bad sequence for Andy.

These attributes are why some of us just love the fat guy.

FishingRod 10-16-2017 11:16 AM

So is this correct? if it is ruled a score it gets automatically reviewed but if ruled not a score the coach has to challenge?

nbarone007 10-16-2017 11:22 AM

Not challenging this play is dumb. Its an extremely controversial play that you want the refs to determine the outcome of after a second look...

Chiefnj2 10-16-2017 11:25 AM

How can anyone be mad that Reid was aggressive and went for 7?

People kill him all prior years for being too conservative, settling for FG's, having no sense of urgency when trying to score, etc.

I love aggressive Andy.

ThaVirus 10-16-2017 11:26 AM

Let's talk about Harris's catch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13156295)
How can anyone be mad that Reid was aggressive and went for 7?

People kill him all prior years for being too conservative, settling for FG's, having no sense of urgency when trying to score, etc.

I love aggressive Andy.

There are times to be aggressive and times not to be. That simply was not one of them.

.. and the worst part, aside from possibly costing us this game, is it’ll likely make him more gun shy later on when it actually is smart to be aggressive.

gblowfish 10-16-2017 11:27 AM

If it's Brady to Gronk, it's a TD. Smith to Harris, not so much...