ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sources: Bears trading QB Justin Fields to Steelers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352765)

Bowser 03-16-2024 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 17447053)
We should know. How about a bakers dozen?

Steve Bono,
Rich Gannon,
Elvis Grbac,
Warren Moon,
Todd Collins,
Damon Huard,
Brodie Croyle, '
Tyler Thigpen,
Matt ****ing Cassel,
Tyler Palko,
Kyle Orton,
Brady Quinn
Brodie Croyle

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bHb5CFGYz1A?si=5wjU8RcVM5MUZuKN" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stryker 03-16-2024 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 17447007)
Watch Mason Rudolph be the starter by the second half of the season.

That won't happen, he's a Titan now! LMAO

TwistedChief 03-16-2024 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17447005)
As of right now, seems like Wilson is pencilled in as the long term starter. Apparently they're already discussing numbers for an extension next off season, as ridiculous as that sounds. I honestly don't get why they traded for Fields if that's the case. Fields seems to have a pretty sizable contingent of players across the league that love him and Wilson, well, doesn't have that same luxury.

I find that really hard to believe. I think they only got Russ because he was the vet minimum guy. I would be shocked if he received any sort of extension when his entire value was that you could cut him and not even care.

jdubya 03-16-2024 08:29 PM

How in the world does Fields get his own thread here? He is about as inspiring of a QB as Derek Carr... Weird

Rasputin 03-16-2024 08:40 PM

I think it be funny for Denver Donks to pay Russell Wilson 30 million dollars to sit as a back up quarterback to another team.

scho63 03-16-2024 09:07 PM

Quote:

Steve Bono,
Rich Gannon,
Elvis Grbac,
Warren Moon,
Todd Collins,
Damon Huard,
Brodie Croyle, '
Tyler Thigpen,
Matt ****ing Cassel,
Tyler Palko,
Kyle Orton,
Brady Quinn
Brodie Croyle

Why did you have to bring back my worst nightmares? :spock:

dlphg9 03-16-2024 09:22 PM

I love that dipshit Bears fans acted like he'd be in the MVP conversation last off season and then some still wanted to stick with him this coming season and pass on some really good QB talent and then the best the front office could get for him was a 6th rounder....

In next year's draft!

Hammock Parties 03-16-2024 09:28 PM

holy cringe

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GI1iaZhW...pg&name=medium

Chief Pagan 03-16-2024 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 17447017)
Sounds like the Steelers are attempting a hard reboot on Fields by giving him the Mahomes treatment of sitting him behind a proven vet to learn how to QB properly, only they're doing it in his fourth year as a pro.

So here's the deal kid, go find a RB that can turn into beastmode. Make sure you have a legion of boom defense. Receivers that know how to get lot's of separation and a great head coach that knows how to hide your weaknesses.

And then always negotiate a huge contract with some dumbass team as part of any trade...

Otter 03-16-2024 09:32 PM

Quote:

Steve Bono,
Rich Gannon,
Elvis Grbac,
Warren Moon,
Todd Collins,
Damon Huard,
Brodie Croyle, '
Tyler Thigpen,
Matt ****ing Cassel,
Tyler Palko,
Kyle Orton,
Brady Quinn
Brodie Croyle

Brodie was a reach that didn't work so I don't agree with that part of the list. But that howdy doodie looking cassel mother fer needs to be sacrificed to football gods.

tk13 03-16-2024 09:35 PM

May not work out but what do you have to lose? Didn't really give up much. Not sure what Fields can be at this point but I always said the Bears handled him wrong. They always wanted to make him a pocket passer, this year probably more than ever. He does need to get better at passing but the guy is unbelievably dynamic as a runner.

ghak99 03-16-2024 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17447218)

I swear he tries to be weird.

ljmhawk 03-16-2024 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 17447224)
May not work out but what do you have to lose? Didn't really give up much. Not sure what Fields can be at this point but I always said the Bears handled him wrong. They always wanted to make him a pocket passer, this year probably more than ever. He does need to get better at passing but the guy is unbelievably dynamic as a runner.

needs to convert to a taysom hill type role…or straight go to a RB

Hammock Parties 03-16-2024 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 17447231)
I swear he tries to be weird.

He's bilked two NFL franchises out of millions now. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

I think he plays two more years as a backup.

Enid Borden 03-16-2024 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17447218)
holy cringe

LMAO. Lit like what?

One has to be able to consistently complete passes to be "lit."