ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 20 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322727)

Bump 09-14-2019 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14445995)
Finally sprang for this today, cant wait to binge tomorrow

Anyone have any top 3 tips for a quick start?

what are you doing, franchise? Find some sliders that fit your skill level if you want the game to seem semi realistic. All Madden is too frustrating for me, they just cheat you but I tweaked the sliders on all-pro and I get semi-realistic games and I even lose some games, which is cool because I want it to be somewhat realistic.

I'm actually having fun with the solo franchise, I'm in year 3 of mine and the first draft I uploaded some draft roster that had all of the college players that will be in next years draft. The only thing about that is that most of the players are all first round pick quality, so I ended up getting ridiculous players even in the 4th round. Walker Little (LT), Jaylon Johnson (CB), Jacob Phillips (MLB) are college players that I got in that draft and they are pretty damn good.

lcarus 09-14-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14445995)
Finally sprang for this today, cant wait to binge tomorrow

Anyone have any top 3 tips for a quick start?

I-Form Close - HB Stretch is a great running play. Pretty much any of the "inside draw" plays out of shotgun are pretty good. I forget the exact formation but the 3 WR set where the slot is on the left - one of those - has a really good jet sweep. There's probably multiple formations with good ones. Sub Tyreek into the slot and run like the wind.

You can go to customize playbooks and make your own. Try plays out in practice mode and build your book around the things you like.

Drag routes are great across the board. With the weapons the Chiefs have, and I assume you'll be using the Chiefs, they're unfair. Actually the Chiefs offense period is unfair. Pretty insane. Here I've been playing Madden for 25 years with only shit QBs until I acquired a new one. Now we have the cream of the crop.

lcarus 09-14-2019 11:03 AM

Also when you get down to the opponents 1 or 2 yard line the goal line play QB Waggle is money. Block your RB and FB and Kelce is open 95% of the time. Just have to make sure you get the pass off before you get sacked.

Bump 09-14-2019 03:59 PM

I also force myself to use nothing but coach suggestions plays.

Easy 6 09-14-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 14446012)
what are you doing, franchise? Find some sliders that fit your skill level if you want the game to seem semi realistic. All Madden is too frustrating for me, they just cheat you but I tweaked the sliders on all-pro and I get semi-realistic games and I even lose some games, which is cool because I want it to be somewhat realistic.

I'm actually having fun with the solo franchise, I'm in year 3 of mine and the first draft I uploaded some draft roster that had all of the college players that will be in next years draft. The only thing about that is that most of the players are all first round pick quality, so I ended up getting ridiculous players even in the 4th round. Walker Little (LT), Jaylon Johnson (CB), Jacob Phillips (MLB) are college players that I got in that draft and they are pretty damn good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 14446321)
I-Form Close - HB Stretch is a great running play. Pretty much any of the "inside draw" plays out of shotgun are pretty good. I forget the exact formation but the 3 WR set where the slot is on the left - one of those - has a really good jet sweep. There's probably multiple formations with good ones. Sub Tyreek into the slot and run like the wind.

You can go to customize playbooks and make your own. Try plays out in practice mode and build your book around the things you like.

Drag routes are great across the board. With the weapons the Chiefs have, and I assume you'll be using the Chiefs, they're unfair. Actually the Chiefs offense period is unfair. Pretty insane. Here I've been playing Madden for 25 years with only shit QBs until I acquired a new one. Now we have the cream of the crop.

Just played 5 games and wow, this is absolutely the best Madden yet

Havent even played in 2-3 years and even then was just renting them for a few days at a time... but man is this new version user friendly, intuitive and smooth with the gameplay, everything looks sooo good and natural

Most of the pre snap adustments from the old days are still there, so it was easy to get back into the groove... the running is so realistic, same with the passing... everything just looks sooo smooth, right down to the player celebrations and announcers that dont constantly repeat themselves

Loving it, feels like being a kid again... rookie mode is already waaay too easy

But a few serious gripes remain... do you actually have to sign in with EA sports online to access functions like in game depth chart management, or say swap out Hyde for McCoy before games?

Every time I wanted to substitute, it gives me the "roster moves unavailable during a play" or whatever... it used to be you could swap players around before a game even in exhibition mode, like ditching Hyde and bringing in McCoy, or releasing Tremon Smith as kick returner etc

I was always a stickler for making the roster right before a game, and being able to situationally substitute players during the game... if theres a way to do those things without signing up with EA online I'd love to hear about it

pugsnotdrugs19 09-14-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 14440534)
ya you can just go to rosters and then select team, position and then click on the player and scroll down to edit.

I only did it with Luck and Shazier. Seriously, Shazier broke his neck why is he in the game still? That seems wrong.

Yeah I always wipe Shazier clean too.

arrowheadnation 10-17-2019 07:42 PM

and this ****ing game claims another victim.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-25-2019 11:55 AM

When does Madden 20 Superstar edition for PS4 restock? They’re sold out everywhere

Chiefs Pantalones 12-25-2019 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 14676897)
When does Madden 20 Superstar edition for PS4 restock? They’re sold out everywhere

Bump

Sorry 12-25-2019 07:57 PM

My running back literally got hit to the ground from the def and he falls to the ground and gets up to run a 75 yd TD. Garbage devs

Walt White 01-20-2020 08:36 AM

Not sure if anyone will see this or can help me, but I rented Madden 20 a couple days ago to mess around in Franchise with the Chiefs.

My goal was to see what options we have with salary cap etc. The problem is, it seems very difficult to navigate. I also don't know a ton about the cap and was hoping it would be more intuitive.

By default, I don't have enough cap space to sign Chris Jones. If I cut Watkins and others, I can but that leaves no room for anyone else. And Fuller demands a huge contract, is that gonna happen for real? And then I don't know how much to save for my draft picks or even how to sign my draft picks.

Can somebody help me with this? I just want to know what type of semi realistic options I can create for the off season.

Hammock Parties 01-20-2020 09:08 AM

just do trial and error

more fun to make mistakes that way and deal with the consequences LMAO

ThaVirus 01-20-2020 09:31 AM

Madden is pretty limited as far as contracts and money management are concerned. I don't believe there's any way to backload or frontload deals to make room.

But it's kind of realistic in the sense that you'll need to make some tough decisions at key positions. You can't sign Mahomes, Chris Jones, and Kendall Fuller to long-term deals while also keeping Watkins.

It's been a while since I've played franchise mode but I pretty much unload Watkins as soon as possible. Then I target OL for retooling. Fisher and LDT are both like 76-80 OVR but taking up massive amounts of cap space. You can find rookies just below that OVR range making a fraction of what they do and contribute just as well.

Walt White 01-20-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14739566)
just do trial and error

more fun to make mistakes that way and deal with the consequences LMAO

Yeah. That is what I've been doing. It's fun, I was just hoping to get a better feel of what we can actually do this off-season. Cap magic will need to be worked lol.

Also, Frank Clark's rating is that low. An 83? Should be closer to a 90.

Walt White 01-20-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14739613)
Madden is pretty limited as far as contracts and money management are concerned. I don't believe there's any way to backload or frontload deals to make room.

But it's kind of realistic in the sense that you'll need to make some tough decisions at key positions. You can't sign Mahomes, Chris Jones, and Kendall Fuller to long-term deals while also keeping Watkins.

It's been a while since I've played franchise mode but I pretty much unload Watkins as soon as possible. Then I target OL for retooling. Fisher and LDT are both like 76-80 OVR but taking up massive amounts of cap space. You can find rookies just below that OVR range making a fraction of what they do and contribute just as well.

Okay thank you. And funny you mentioned the O Line. One of the big things I've been trying to do is find a way to beef that up while keeping it realistic. I'm trying to see what options we have in real life with it.

Or I can cut some people and trade picks for Jason Kelce LMAO