ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2017 Saccopoo NFL Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306604)

TambaBerry 03-25-2017 04:39 PM

Thanks guys!

kccrow 03-25-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12797421)
The Cincinnati Bengals Select Chidobe Awuzie CB Colorado

I don't think he was picked yet. I'm at a bar for the games tried to pick to keep the game going.

I was going to pick the kid, but decided to stay more realistic and go for the OG with picking for the Chargers. Awuzie had zero business being on the board this late. He's got a legitimate shot of going round 1. Had I not been able to make the pick, I had him listed as #1 when I PM'd SNR earlier. That all said, good pick and I'm sure you'll gain at least a +30 rating after the draft.

BossChief 03-25-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12797421)
The Cincinnati Bengals Select Chidobe Awuzie CB Colorado

I don't think he was picked yet. I'm at a bar for the games tried to pick to keep the game going.

Damn it.

Oh well, I was gonna pass in hopes he would fall to KC anyway.

That's the steal of the whole CP mock right there.

Kids gonna be a top 20 pick.

Awesome job!

Rain Man 03-25-2017 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12797483)
Damn it.

Awesome job!

Is that allowed? I think that would get you fired as a GM.

TambaBerry 03-25-2017 05:15 PM

Yeah that's why I thought he was picked already. I went a few pages back and quickly scanned. He is a really good prospect. I think he will take some coaching to get his full potential.

Direckshun 03-25-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12797483)
Damn it.

Awesome job!

Then why did you draft Tim Williams?

Not going BPA?

TambaBerry 03-25-2017 05:16 PM

This shows how deep cb is in this draft

BossChief 03-25-2017 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12797509)
Is that allowed? I think that would get you fired as a GM.

I already took a CB for Philly in the second round, so it's logical to pass on another one in the third, IMO...even if the talent is there, the need isn't as pressing. Plus, there are lots of options left that I have high on my board.

If Awuzie fell to KC in the third, I was gonna be thrilled...I can see Williams, Mahomes and Awuzie all going in the first round....so that would be a value home run.

When I sent 3 picks to DJ (in order of my preference if others got selected prior to my selection) the 3 were

1)Tim Williams
2) Quincy Wilson
3) Awuzie

BossChief 03-25-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12797517)
Yeah that's why I thought he was picked already. I went a few pages back and quickly scanned. He is a really good prospect. I think he will take some coaching to get his full potential.

Everybody is all over the place on the kid.

Some have him as a first round guy...others have him falling to the 5th or 6th round.

He's soaring up draft boards, though.

By the time the draft rolls around in a month, the kids gonna be a top 20 pick....jmo.

This draft is just really really talented.

I'm still deciding who I want to take here for Philly...I have it narrowed down to 3 guys.

I'll have my pick in shortly.

BossChief 03-25-2017 05:55 PM

In the third round of the 2017 NFL draft, The Philidelphia Eagles select Chris Wormley, DE/DT, Michigan

They lose Bennie Logan and replace him with a guy that consistently gets to the QB on a rookie cheap deal.

The bills are on the clock.

Hoover 03-25-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12797478)
I was going to pick the kid, but decided to stay more realistic and go for the OG with picking for the Chargers. Awuzie had zero business being on the board this late. He's got a legitimate shot of going round 1. Had I not been able to make the pick, I had him listed as #1 when I PM'd SNR earlier. That all said, good pick and I'm sure you'll gain at least a +30 rating after the draft.

I had him ready to go for the Jags but went with a tweener in King

Marco Polo 03-25-2017 07:14 PM

The Bills go BPA and address some depth in the defensive line.

The Buffalo Bills select Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama.

Direckshun 03-25-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12797555)
In the third round of the 2017 NFL draft, The Philidelphia Eagles select Chris Wormley, DE/DT, Michigan

They lose Bennie Logan and replace him with a guy that consistently gets to the QB on a rookie cheap deal.

The bills are on the clock.

Outstanding pick.

Rain Man 03-25-2017 08:57 PM

The New England Patriots have chosen a player for their pick #96 and are suing the league for the right to go ahead and take that player now.

staylor26 03-25-2017 09:25 PM

The New Orleans Saints select Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech

This is strictly a BPA pick. Hodges has the potential to be a serious weapon in this offense, and Thomas/Ross/Hodges for the final years of the Brees era (and potentially for his eventual replacement) is too good to pass up. Getting McKinley and Conley (along with year two for Bell and Rankins) with my last two picks makes me comfortable gambling a little bit here to try and make this offense unstoppable. Also, Fleener was a bit of a disappointment last year, and I've never really been a fan.