ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2024 WR Class (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=350534)

Dunerdr 04-25-2024 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 17493686)
Mahomes to McConkey, I think, would be a good pairing once Travis retires. He has a feel for the game.

You cant argue that he can threaten the same parts of the field. It's why I'm not going to be upset no matter what they do. It'll just be what flavor does Veach want. If its Worthy then he probably takes over for Hollywood, if its Mchonkey its probably like you said. None of it will be right or wrong tonight but there's going to be a melt down no matter what. lol.

wannaGOback 04-25-2024 05:47 PM

Chiefs are taking Mitchell at 32

ToxSocks 04-25-2024 09:54 PM

My two favorite of the 2nd group of WR's went in the 1st round; Worthy and Legette.

AD falls to day 2. Early vindication.

Nightfyre 04-25-2024 10:00 PM

I have just one piece to say before I embrace trusting veach again. The Chiefs have never had a problem moving the ball down the field, and this pick doesn't help us in the red zone. Why can't we ever go find a legitimate red zone target? Okay. In veach I trust.

wannaGOback 04-25-2024 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 17496651)
I have just one piece to say before I embrace trusting veach again. The Chiefs have never had a problem moving the ball down the field, and this pick doesn't help us in the red zone. Why can't we ever go find a legitimate red zone target? Okay. In veach I trust.

not a bad point. hopefully they can score on some longer plays. also, covering Worthy, hollywood kelce and whoever else in red zone isnt going to be easy by any means. the offense will be twice as good as it was before, chiefs could def lead the league in alot of offensive stats. and our defense will probably still be top 5-8. thats hard to beat.

MahomesMagic 04-25-2024 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 17496651)

I think Worthy helps back off teams which will make our offense much better but that is a solid point.

Hopefully there is a Tight End with freak measurables we grab cheaply in the next few rounds.

FD 04-25-2024 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FD (Post 17254000)
Give me Worthy.

^^^ December 2nd

Couch-Potato 04-26-2024 03:40 PM

Anyone else a bit surprised by the Pearsall to SF pick? Maybe the Legette pick?

Couch-Potato 04-26-2024 03:42 PM

Bills gonna take Franklin.

I think they're making the same move the Jags did, they traded back knowing their guy would be there.

Nightfyre 04-26-2024 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17498432)

Not especially. We've hit the "pick your flavor" when it comes to WRs. There is a bevy of second round talents remaining and if you want a specific type, you may as well take em where you can. There isn't much telling if they will be there if you move down given the marginal cost to move around.

ToxSocks 04-26-2024 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17498432)

Pearsall in the 1st was the reach of round 1.

Dunerdr 04-26-2024 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17498482)
Pearsall in the 1st was the reach of round 1.

FTR I said I wouldn’t be mad if we took imhim in the first in the heat of my pearsall passion.

Couch-Potato 04-26-2024 08:16 PM

Corley > Franklin is the surprise of the draft so far

kccrow 04-26-2024 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17499753)
Corley > Franklin is the surprise of the draft so far

Franklin not being drafted yet in the 3rd round has me kind of like WTF. What did the kid do? At this point I can't think it's a talent issue.

Nightfyre 04-26-2024 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17499814)
Franklin not being drafted yet in the 3rd round has me kind of like WTF. What did the kid do? At this point I can't think it's a talent issue.

I heard medicals maybe, on a live YouTube stream? Not sure

Couch-Potato 04-26-2024 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17499814)

Falling under Burton too, weird.

I hope we get him and Wright in the 4th!

kccrow 04-26-2024 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 17499837)
I heard medicals maybe, on a live YouTube stream? Not sure

Seems like the logical reason. Those are the things the public isn't privy to that kill a guy's stock. I mean, we all know a guy like Payton Wilson who's had a lot of shit but I don't recall anything major coming out on Franklin.

Thinking it has to be a knee or something.

Couch-Potato 04-26-2024 09:37 PM

Luke McCaffrey also!

ForeverChiefs58 04-27-2024 06:38 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Top 100 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFLDraft?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFLDraft</a> WR Contracts<br><br>ARZ: M. Harrison Jr.: $35.3M<br>NYG: M. Nabers: $29.2M<br>CHI: R. Odunze: $22.7M<br>JAC: B. Thomas Jr.: $14.3M<br>KC: X. Worthy: $13.1M<br>SF: R. Pearsall: $12.3M<br>CAR: X. Legette: $10M<br>BUF: K. Coleman: $9.9M<br>LAC: L. McConkey: $9.9M<br>NE: J. Polk: $9.5M<br>IND: A.…</p>&mdash; Spotrac (@spotrac) <a href="https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1784181870806057395?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 27, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

JohnnyHammersticks 04-27-2024 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 17428057)
Couple quick post-combine addendums to earlier posts I made:

It's always been my opinion the gauntlet drill translates pretty well to what you can expect these guys to turn out to be. The gauntlet doesn't show you much in terms of quickness/route running, but in my opinion it gives you a good idea who can catch, and who can catch at game speed. It's one of the reasons I wasn't as high as others on Jalin Hyatt last year.

My opinion of Keon Coleman has changed. I thought he killed the gauntlet drill, so his stock has gone up for me. I wasn't sure he had quickness and speed to separate and I questioned why FSU used him on punt returns. There's a difference between game speed and track speed. You're not catching a football running track. The way Coleman didn't slow down to catch those passes and how confidently he caught them with his hands really impressed me. He's a natural hands-catcher with great size and good game speed. He also showed better quickness than I expected in some of the other drills. We could do worse at pick 32 than this guy and since watching him at the combine, I wouldn't be at all disappointed if we picked him.

My reservations regarding Troy Franklin were exacerbated after watching his gauntlet and a few other drills. His 40 went as I expected, maybe even better. But he just doesn't seem like a natural hands-catcher to me. He weaved and he slowed down quite a bit in the gauntlet. Some of the other drills had me questioning his ability to fight through press coverage, run quick routes, and catch the football. He lost his balance in a lot of drills, seems like he'd be easy to jam. He has great speed, but I didn't see the quickness that you need to run crisp routes. And he just doesn't seem like a natural, confident catcher of the football to me. He's the kind of guy who could have a few drops early in his career that mess with his mind. Just my opinion and I could be wrong, I know a lot of you guys who I respect like him.

Looks like NFL GMs have similar opinions as I had on Franklin since he’s still on the board after 3 rounds.

JohnnyHammersticks 04-27-2024 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17419455)
If some actual NFL team actually takes little Worthy before Adonai I will laugh my ass off.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tKdcjJoXeEY?si=t9nc-JdXekzx14a2" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chris Meck 04-27-2024 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 17500255)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tKdcjJoXeEY?si=t9nc-JdXekzx14a2" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But...but...he's an ALPHA!

MahomesMagic 04-27-2024 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 17500255)

21 Jaelen Reagor

22 Justin Jefferson

I am sure there was person just as dumb as you who rubbed it in a Jefferson fan's face as a gotcha after the 2020 draft.

LMAO

Whoops.

Hate to break it to you but the players now actually get on the field. You might want to slow your victory celebration.

MahomesMagic 04-27-2024 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17500323)
But...but...he's an ALPHA!

Low T men should not be talking about alphas.

ChiefsFanatic 04-28-2024 06:43 AM

Why did Franklin fall so far? It makes no sense, unless he is injured, or has some character concerns that teams found out about.

****. Denver got Nix and Franklin. The Chargers got Alt, McConkey, and Brenden Rice. And the Raiders? Well, it appears that AP wants to put his own stamp on the team by taking the star TE, because he needs to prove that his star TE is better than the star TE the last guy drafted last year.

That is competent drafting by the Chargers and Broncos, and I don't like it. Thank goodness the Chargers team doctors will probably maim most of the players at some point next season. And the Broncos are still under the weight of that trade and contract for a failed Subway spokesperson.

kozzman555 04-28-2024 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 17502195)
Why did Franklin fall so far? It makes no sense, unless he is injured, or has some character concerns that teams found out about.

****. Denver got Nix and Franklin. The Chargers got Alt, McConkey, and Brenden Rice. And the Raiders? Well, it appears that AP wants to put his own stamp on the team by taking the star TE, because he needs to prove that his star TE is better than the star TE the last guy drafted last year.

That is competent drafting by the Chargers and Broncos, and I don't like it. Thank goodness the Chargers team doctors will probably maim most of the players at some point next season. And the Broncos are still under the weight of that trade and contract for a failed Subway spokesperson.

I did not hate any of the drafts by our division foes tbh. I also really liked the Jaguars draft, so you're not alone here feeling that way.

Franklin is this year's Hyatt. Easily disrupted by physical corners and press coverage, one trick pony for route running, etc. I can't see it being off the field issues, even Jermaine Burton went before him and JB is a total douche according to literally everyone that's ever been around him. Maybe there was a lingering injury, but unless it's massive, I can't see it causing him to drop that far. Zak Zinter's leg exploded and he didn't drop that far.

staylor26 04-28-2024 11:18 AM

LMAO

The Broncos draft was shit because they took Bo Nix 12th overall for a team that's nowhere close to winnning. Franklin was by far the best pick, but there has to be a reason he fell despite being a consensus top 50 guy.

As for the Chargers, they had a top 5 pick, so kind of hard to completely **** that up. I'll say this, I'm just glad they didn't end up with something like Naber/Oduze and Newton, or Alt and A.D. Mitchell.

In the grand scheme of things, it could've been a lot worse, and despite having a top 5 pick, it's not any better than ours.

RunKC 04-28-2024 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17502432)
LMAO

The Broncos draft was shit because they took Bo Nix 12th overall for a team that's nowhere close to winnning. Franklin was by far the best pick, but there has to be a reason he fell despite being a consensus top 50 guy.

As for the Chargers, they had a top 5 pick, so kind of hard to completely **** that up. I'll say this, I'm just glad they didn't end up with something like Naber/Oduze and Newton, or Alt and A.D. Mitchell.

In the grand scheme of things, it could've been a lot worse, and despite having a top 5 pick, it's not any better than ours.

It’s not gonna be easy to get pressure on Herbert anymore now that they have Slater, Alt and Johnson.

McConkey makes sense considering he’s an intermediate weapon with long speed that will immediately line up in the slot while Palmer/Johnston line up outside. Don’t like that they got Cam Hart bc we all really liked him.

Raiders did well too IMO. Didn’t panic at QB like Denver. Took the blue chip TE and got 2 quality OL prospects.

Denver had the worst draft IMO. They reached badly on Nix and then took an another small project rusher and a slow bruising RB. Their best picks by far were Franklin and the MU corner

Couch-Potato 04-28-2024 01:34 PM

Safe to say all of our division rivals will be terrible.

Megatron96 04-28-2024 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozzman555 (Post 17502367)
I did not hate any of the drafts by our division foes tbh. I also really liked the Jaguars draft, so you're not alone here feeling that way.

Franklin is this year's Hyatt. Easily disrupted by physical corners and press coverage, one trick pony for route running, etc. I can't see it being off the field issues, even Jermaine Burton went before him and JB is a total douche according to literally everyone that's ever been around him. Maybe there was a lingering injury, but unless it's massive, I can't see it causing him to drop that far. Zak Zinter's leg exploded and he didn't drop that far.

We’re talking about Franklin from OR, right? Idk man, I saw a piece of a game last season and he was balling out. Made a pile of nice catches in tight spots, ‘several with guys on top of him. Maybe it was a fluke, idk. But in that one game he looked pretty good.

Couch-Potato 04-28-2024 02:39 PM

Johnny Wilson could end up being an absolute steal in the 6th.

MahomesMagic 04-28-2024 03:33 PM

Quote:

Did he actually "fall" or did he go about where teams valued him.

Most of the hype on him was from randos on Twitter and the analytic bros.

Daniel Jeremiah has him as prospect 76. By the time we got to the 2nd teams were just grabbing guys they liked or scheme fits.

JohnnyHammersticks 04-28-2024 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17501133)
21 Jaelen Reagor

22 Justin Jefferson

I am sure there was person just as dumb as you who rubbed it in a Jefferson fan's face as a gotcha after the 2020 draft.

LMAO

Whoops.

Hate to break it to you but the players now actually get on the field. You might want to slow your victory celebration.

If only you were as good at evaluating WRs as you are at creating a complete straw man. But alas, you’re not.

Not only did I not think Reagor was going to be better than Justin Jefferson, I had Jefferson as the top player in that draft other than Burrow. As soon as I watched the combine I posted that Jefferson “just made a pile of cash” and laughed at Reagor’s 20 yd shuttle because it was slower than Mahomes’ 3 years earlier.

Last year I had Zay Flowers #1 and Rice #2. I liked Puka, but I didn’t think he’d get ROTY. My dislike of Hyatt was also well-documented.

This year I have Nabers as not only the #1 WR, but as the best player in this draft. I like MHJr and Odunze, but Nabers will be better than all of them. My dislike of Troy Franklin was well-documented even before I saw him butcher the combine and plummet to the 4th. My dislike of Tez Walker has been well-documented since the Senior Bowl practices, long before he sank to the 4th. Me liking Worthy and Legette is also well-documented.

I’ll put my track record in terms of WR and CB - the 2 positions I played - evaluation up against anyone’s. Especially yours. LMAO

The only WR issue I’ve been wrong about in recent history was buying into the Skyy Moore route videos last summer, but I did counterbalance that by saying before the season (and before he tweaked his knee) that i wasn’t counting on anything at all from KT and that any production we got from him “would be gravy”.

Edit: Tez Walker, not Dez Walker

MahomesMagic 04-29-2024 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 17502988)
If only you were as good at evaluating WRs as you are at creating a complete straw man. But alas, you’re not.

Not only did I not think Reagor was going to be better than Justin Jefferson, I had Jefferson as the top player in that draft other than Burrow. As soon as I watched the combine I posted that Jefferson “just made a pile of cash” and laughed at Reagor’s 20 yd shuttle because it was slower than Mahomes’ 3 years earlier.

Last year I had Zay Flowers #1 and Rice #2. I liked Puka, but I didn’t think he’d get ROTY. My dislike of Hyatt was also well-documented.

This year I have Nabers as not only the #1 WR, but as the best player in this draft. I like MHJr and Odunze, but Nabers will be better than all of them. My dislike of Troy Franklin was well-documented even before I saw him butcher the combine and plummet to the 4th. My dislike of Tez Walker has been well-documented since the Senior Bowl practices, long before he sank to the 4th. Me liking Worthy and Legette is also well-documented.

I’ll put my track record in terms of WR and CB - the 2 positions I played - evaluation up against anyone’s. Especially yours. LMAO

The only WR issue I’ve been wrong about in recent history was buying into the Skyy Moore route videos last summer, but I did counterbalance that by saying before the season (and before he tweaked his knee) that i wasn’t counting on anything at all from KT and that any production we got from him “would be gravy”.

Edit: Tez Walker, not Dez Walker

So were you wrong on Jefferson when Reagor went higher than him?!

;)

Couch-Potato 04-29-2024 08:56 PM

Kansas City Chiefs

Did the Chiefs do enough to improve at wide receiver?

The top six receivers on the Chiefs' depth chart are Marquise "Hollywood" Brown, Xavier Worthy, Rashee Rice, Kadarius Toney, Skyy Moore and Justin Watson. There's plenty of talent, but not much in terms of sure things. Brown is new, Worthy is a rookie, and Rice is battling legal issues, while Toney and Moore are coming off deeply disappointing seasons. It wouldn't be a bad idea for the Chiefs to bring in a veteran before camp for depth. -- Adam Teicher

Per Teicher's suggestion who's your preferred vet WR to add to our roster?

Palangi 04-29-2024 09:27 PM

It’s amazing how someone could be so off and then refuse to eat the crow. But instead create a straw man argument over something that happened 3 years ago to deflect from the idiotic things he said.

Just eat your humble pie, admit you were wrong. And move on. Damn, for someone who claims to be an expert on alphas, you sure don’t act like one.
AMAZING!!!

Couch-Potato 04-29-2024 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palangi (Post 17504352)
It’s amazing how someone could be so off and then refuse to eat the crow. But instead create a straw man argument over something that happened 3 years ago to deflect from the idiotic things he said.

Just eat your humble pie, admit you were wrong. And move on. Damn, for someone who claims to be an expert on alphas, you sure don’t act like one.
AMAZING!!!

Let's let it lie until next offseason guys.

Someone will prevail as the ultimate WR expert, someday.

Couch-Potato 04-29-2024 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17504324)
Kansas City Chiefs

The top six receivers on the Chiefs' depth chart are Marquise "Hollywood" Brown, Xavier Worthy, Rashee Rice, Kadarius Toney, Skyy Moore and Justin Watson. There's plenty of talent, but not much in terms of sure things. Brown is new, Worthy is a rookie, and Rice is battling legal issues, while Toney and Moore are coming off deeply disappointing seasons. It wouldn't be a bad idea for the Chiefs to bring in a veteran before camp for depth. -- Adam Teicher

Any interest in Odell Beckham Jr? ...he'd certainly be a Veachy addition and cement our WR room. Spotrac has him as just under $10m.

How about Renfrow? ...I hear he's a top route runner for short to intermediate slot WRs.

Tyler Boyd? Spotrac has him at $8m.

DJ Chark has been tossed around this site for years...

How about MVS? Hardman? or Richie James returning?

Is another WR overkill or the final cherry on top?

Couch-Potato 04-29-2024 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17504390)
Any interest in Odell Beckham Jr? ...he'd certainly be a Veachy addition and cement our WR room. Spotrac has him as just under $10m.

How about Renfrow? ...I hear he's a top route runner for short to intermediate slot WRs.

I think I'd probably prefer MVS or Hardman returning on a reasonable 1-yr deal at this point, but OBJ would really give us some momentum towards that 3-peat on a 1-year ring chaser deal! Would be fun to make some noise!

Couch-Potato 04-30-2024 07:10 AM

BTJ doomed with the Jags? ...If I were him I woulda been praying for a Chiefs jersey.

Dunerdr 04-30-2024 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17504533)
BTJ doomed with the Jags? ...If I were him I woulda been praying for a Chiefs jersey.

There are worse things than landing with Dougie P and Trevor Lawrence.

Dunerdr 04-30-2024 09:27 AM

Zay Jones just got cut.

staylor26 04-30-2024 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 17504663)
Zay Jones just got cut.

Would.

ToxSocks 04-30-2024 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17504324)
Kansas City Chiefs

Teicher logic: Brown is new and therefore not a sure thing, so the Chiefs should add another new, non-sure thing vet.

Im totally fine with the room the way it is. The ONLY vet receiver i'd be interested in is OBJ and even still, im not all that interested.....any guy you bring in is only going to take snaps from Worthy and Rice, who are two guys that are most important to develop.

Toney still has scintillating potential, so he gets one more chance, and he gives us a great option as a returner.

Also, Rice's development last season HAS to be seen as an addition THIS season. I feel like that gets skimmed by when talking about the WR room.

Dunerdr 04-30-2024 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17504668)
Would.

He should be semi familiar with the system coming from Pederson.

O.city 04-30-2024 10:07 AM

"We can't afford to add these WR's at these prices they're getting paid"

"We can't play draft picks, they're unproved, it could go bad"

It can't be both guys.

duncan_idaho 04-30-2024 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17504390)

Another WR is overkill.

Teicher is saying "there's no sure thing here" ... but at this point in FA, you're not adding sure things.

No interest in Renfrow or Boyd, at all. Valdes-Scantling and Hardman are not the type of WR they would need to add now, as they duplicate the skill sets of Brown and Worthy.

Beckham Jr. might add something to the WR room, but I wouldn't want Worthy or Rice missing snaps for him, and they would if he was here. And I don't want him stewing on the sidelines about his usage, either.

The room is what the room is going to be. They'll lean into 12 sets a bit more if Rice misses some time, but otherwise, the room is full, and a one-year veteran addition is just going to slow down the progression of the exciting young guys with talent, and potentially destroy the chemistry in the group.

O.city 04-30-2024 10:14 AM

The 3rd RB spot is the much bigger hole at this point

Mecca 04-30-2024 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17504668)
Would.

If he can stay on the field....he'd fill the X role pretty nicely.

Mecca 04-30-2024 10:35 AM

Quote:

There were some rumors out there that Franklin bombed interviews and left GM's feeling like he didn't even like playing football he just does it because he's good at it.

AD Mitchells health was an issue but on top of that he point blank told GMs he didn't go 100% everyplay as a strategy to setup CBs, apparenly telling GM's you don't go 100 every play was not a smart move.

RunKC 04-30-2024 10:36 AM

After the Kelce contract redo I don’t think that they will bring back Hollywood. But that’s okay.

Get a guy with your extra 3rd next year. Jalen Hyatt, Tez Walker, Troy Franklin, Jermaine Burton etc to be WR3. Those guys will be there

Oh and **** the Bengals. I hate that they got Burton. He’s gonna make them forget all about Tyler Boyd

RunKC 04-30-2024 10:40 AM

Yeah Troy Franklin had a terrible combine from expectations. Came in a lot lighter than people thought he’d be, 40 was underwhelming considering people thought he’d be in the 4.3 range, his 10 yard split was terrible and he was by far the worst in the gauntlet drill.

There were rumors that he was a pot head too. Not saying that’s true. Also not trying to judge but he looks like a pot head lol

duncan_idaho 04-30-2024 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17504735)
After the Kelce contract redo I don’t think that they will bring back Hollywood. But that’s okay.

Get a guy with your extra 3rd next year. Jalen Hyatt, Tez Walker, Troy Franklin, Jermaine Burton etc to be WR3. Those guys will be there

Oh and **** the Bengals. I hate that they got Burton. He’s gonna make them forget all about Tyler Boyd

I don't think it affects that all at. We're talking about $2.5M. If they wanted to bring back Brown on a 3-year or 4-year deal, and Kelce retires after next year, Brown's biggest salary hits would be after Kelce's retirement...

Couch-Potato 04-30-2024 08:58 PM

Damn it.

Keon Coleman's going to be a ****ing star. I'm tellin ya!

If you haven't seen it yet, they made a youtube showcasing his first 24 hours with the Bills. His personality is already winning him lot's of fans in the league, he's... a character, but in an ingratiating way that makes you wanna root for the kid.

This kid HAS IT. Good for him. I'm happy with Worthy, but I have a gut feeling the negative metrics surrounding his game and all the naysayers disappear once he gets on the field.

Expect him to be mic'd up and appearing in a lot of interviews this year.

Couch-Potato 04-30-2024 10:15 PM

X-Worthy got himself a Chiefs tattoo, hurray.

Quietly judging him already for this introverted response to Keon's instant stardom lol

Couch-Potato 04-30-2024 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17504739)
Yeah Troy Franklin had a terrible combine from expectations. Came in a lot lighter than people thought he’d be, 40 was underwhelming considering people thought he’d be in the 4.3 range, his 10 yard split was terrible and he was by far the worst in the gauntlet drill.

There were rumors that he was a pot head too. Not saying that’s true. Also not trying to judge but he looks like a pot head lol

That's the kind of moneyball player that ends up being a hell of a value pick though, I'm still a fan.

ChiefsFanatic 05-03-2024 06:34 AM

I know it won't happen, but I would love anyone to replace Moore on this roster.

I would rather have midget Phillip Brooks playing WR than Skyy Moore.

I have never disliked a Chiefs player more than I dislike Moore and Toney. I didn't even dislike Williams Bartee or Philip Gaines this much.

In fact, I didn't even dislike Ben Niemann this much. And I hated the fact that Ben Niemann was anything other than a special teamer.

louie aguiar 05-03-2024 07:14 AM

Maybe Nikko Remigio can take Moore’s spot. I thought he flashed a couple times in preseason last year.

Jerm 05-03-2024 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17505614)
Damn it.

Keon Coleman's going to be a ****ing star. I'm tellin ya!

If you haven't seen it yet, they made a youtube showcasing his first 24 hours with the Bills. His personality is already winning him lot's of fans in the league, he's... a character, but in an ingratiating way that makes you wanna root for the kid.

This kid HAS IT. Good for him. I'm happy with Worthy, but I have a gut feeling the negative metrics surrounding his game and all the naysayers disappear once he gets on the field.

Expect him to be mic'd up and appearing in a lot of interviews this year.

Yes he's going to be a star based off of cornball antics on social media and jokes...sure.

We'll see how long that goodwill lasts once he can't get open and gets outran by LBs in the league...

Couch-Potato 05-10-2024 12:25 PM

"Matt Bowen, NFL analyst: Bills wide receiver Keon Coleman will lead all rookies in touchdown receptions this season. With quarterback Josh Allen's aggressive throwing mentality, Coleman will get opportunities on vertical concepts and inside the red zone. Coleman has the frame (6-foot-3, 213 pounds), plus the playmaking ball skills to cash in here."

I tend to agree, but it's just a hunch.

duncan_idaho 05-10-2024 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17515724)
"Matt Bowen, NFL analyst: Bills wide receiver Keon Coleman will lead all rookies in touchdown receptions this season. With quarterback Josh Allen's aggressive throwing mentality, Coleman will get opportunities on vertical concepts and inside the red zone. Coleman has the frame (6-foot-3, 213 pounds), plus the playmaking ball skills to cash in here."

I tend to agree, but it's just a hunch.

I tend to disagree.

I am suspicious of a guy with such a high rate of contested catches throughout his career (it was 1/4 of all targets) and also such a shitty conversion rate (he converted about 40 percent of his contested catch situations against Big 10 and ACC corners. NFL corners gonna shut that shit down).

I think he's going to be massively disappointing and Allen is going to throw picks trying to squeeze it into him, then eventually give up and give those targets to Shakir and Kincaid instead (guys who can actually separate and get open).

DJ's left nut 05-10-2024 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17515789)
I tend to disagree.

I am suspicious of a guy with such a high rate of contested catches throughout his career (it was 1/4 of all targets) and also such a shitty conversion rate (he converted about 40 percent of his contested catch situations against Big 10 and ACC corners. NFL corners gonna shut that shit down).

I think he's going to be massively disappointing and Allen is going to throw picks trying to squeeze it into him, then eventually give up and give those targets to Shakir and Kincaid instead (guys who can actually separate and get open).

I still think Allen's the exact wrong style of QB for someone like him.

Precise passers can be underneath guys; dink and dunk sorts because the low reward is offset by low risk. But guys with the erratic ball placement that Allen demonstrates on occasion need to be pushing the ball downfield more.

If Allen's gonna miss, at least miss downfield where your guy can maybe adjust and a turnover at least acts like a mediocre punt. But if you're missing close, there's little your guy can do, he's probably gonna get blasted and an interception can go the other way. Moreover, if you DON'T miss, you gain 7 yards and have to do it all over again the next play.

There's this sentiment among fans (and some teams) that inaccurate passers should work short and I just don't agree. If you're not super accurate - be Eli Manning. Short passing games should be reserved for guys like Alex Smith who have good timing/precision but lack aggression and arm strength. For Bo Nix.

And Coleman's a guy who's going to work best in a shorter passing system, IMO.

It's just a bad QB/WR/System fit, IMO.

duncan_idaho 05-10-2024 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17515804)

Precise passers can be underneath guys; dink and dunk sorts because the low reward is offset by low risk. But guys with the erratic ball placement that Allen demonstrates on occasion need to be pushing the ball downfield more.

If Allen's gonna miss, at least miss downfield where your guy can maybe adjust and a turnover at least acts like a mediocre punt. But if you're missing close, there's little your guy can do, he's probably gonna get blasted and an interception can go the other way. Moreover, if you DON'T miss, you gain 7 yards and have to do it all over again the next play.

There's this sentiment among fans (and some teams) that inaccurate passers should work short and I just don't agree. If you're not super accurate - be Eli Manning. Short passing games should be reserved for guys like Alex Smith who have good timing/precision but lack aggression and arm strength. For Bo Nix.

Yeah, if Allen is working short it needs to be to a guy who can create great separation (Shakir seems good at that, and Kincaid is good at that) or someone who is just a dump off (the Dallas Knox special).

Couch-Potato 05-10-2024 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17515789)
I tend to disagree.

Well, lol, that certainly wouldn't disappoint this Chiefs fan either!

Couch-Potato 05-10-2024 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17515804)

Man, saw some Alex Smith highlights the other day and he looked sharp out there! Tuckin and runnin after the play action etc... Was good to see him get some love!

Couch-Potato 05-10-2024 07:18 PM

Moved on to FF mock drafts, go figure.

Came here to say HOLY SHIT, Justin Jefferson only played 10 games and had 1k+ yards last season lol that's crazy!

Also, didn't realize CeeDee had such an incredibl 1.7k yard season last year either!

Couch-Potato 05-11-2024 08:16 PM

"How was your first time on the Bills field Keon?"

~"Awe, man! I was only out there for like 30 seconds, but I scored 3 imaginary TDs. That must be an imaginary record!"

lol kid's pretty funny.

Dunerdr 05-11-2024 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17516079)
Moved on to FF mock drafts, go figure.

Came here to say HOLY SHIT, Justin Jefferson only played 10 games and had 1k+ yards last season lol that's crazy!

Also, didn't realize CeeDee had such an incredibl 1.7k yard season last year either!

Did they sign ceedee or is he holding out?

Couch-Potato 05-15-2024 06:27 PM

Now that these WR's have landed with their new teams, which rookie WRs do you think will be most successful in year 1?

List your top 3-5 I guess...

Couch-Potato 05-15-2024 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17520930)
Now that these WR's have landed with their new teams, which rookie WRs do you think will be most successful in year 1?

List your top 3-5 I guess...

I'm thinking

1. Nabers
2. Harrison
3. McConkey
4. Coleman
5. Worthy

*Bonus: Burton fills Boyd shoes in Cincy and Corley shows out too

kccrow 05-15-2024 11:28 PM

Most successful in year 1... hmm...

1. Marvin Harrison, Jr. (ARZ) - The kid is a stud and he's going to be the go-to guy for Murray.
2. Ja'Lynn Polk (NE) - Brissett will need to count on someone and Polk is a chain mover.
3. Malik Nabers (NYG) - Even though Danny Dimes is unlikely to light the world on fire, Nabers easily presents the most consistent skill set and they'll undoubtedly try to run their offense through him.
4. Keon Coleman (BUF) - Coleman is a possession type who should see a high volume of targets with a bunch of slot options outside of him.
5. Xavier Worthy (KC) - With Rice likely to miss significant time and Pat at QB, he's going to make plays.

Honorable Mention: Roman Wilson (PIT) - Van Jefferson is okay but he's not a high-volume player so someone will need to take up the slack opposite Pickens.

Couch-Potato 05-16-2024 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17521426)
Most successful in year 1... hmm...

1. Marvin Harrison, Jr. (ARZ) - The kid is a stud and he's going to be the go-to guy for Murray.
2. Ja'Lynn Polk (NE) - Brissett will need to count on someone and Polk is a chain mover.
3. Malik Nabers (NYG) - Even though Danny Dimes is unlikely to light the world on fire, Nabers easily presents the most consistent skill set and they'll undoubtedly try to run their offense through him.
4. Keon Coleman (BUF) - Coleman is a possession type who should see a high volume of targets with a bunch of slot options outside of him.
5. Xavier Worthy (KC) - With Rice likely to miss significant time and Pat at QB, he's going to make plays.

Honorable Mention: Roman Wilson (PIT) - Van Jefferson is okay but he's not a high-volume player so someone will need to take up the slack opposite Pickens.

I agree on ARZ, I think Murray and Harrison turn into a nice duo

I think Nabers will be the best weapon in the draft.

Harrison slides right in as a stalwart #1 in ARZ rookie year, but not as flashy as Nabers.

McConkey is gonna get so many targets, they're offensive weapons suck!

Coleman gonna get a lot of red zone targets.

Worthy is in the best possible place for him to shine.

ChiefAshhole1056 05-17-2024 12:44 AM

Pearsall could become something quickly if Deebo or Aiyuk are traded. I think he could replace what Aiyuk does at this point, and if given the opportunity he’s probably a top rookie performer quickly.

Couch-Potato 05-17-2024 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056 (Post 17523149)
Pearsall could become something quickly if Deebo or Aiyuk are traded. I think he could replace what Aiyuk does at this point, and if given the opportunity he’s probably a top rookie performer quickly.

I could see it!

BossChief 05-19-2024 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17496605)
My two favorite of the 2nd group of WR's went in the 1st round; Worthy and Legette.

AD falls to day 2. Early vindication.

Im still trying to imagine hearing Leggette reading back a play from Andy’s playbook.

Mecca 05-20-2024 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 17525736)
Im still trying to imagine hearing Leggette reading back a play from Andy’s playbook.

Carolina is the dumbest ****ing team...lets take Mingo and follow that by taking Leggette, you can't just take THE most boom or bust guy every damn year and think that is going to work.

RunKC 05-20-2024 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17526025)
Carolina is the dumbest ****ing team...lets take Mingo and follow that by taking Leggette, you can't just take THE most boom or bust guy every damn year and think that is going to work.

New staff. Baker had a career year last year unde Canales so I think right now he gets the benefit of the doubt but we’ll see

Couch-Potato 05-20-2024 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17526025)

They should trade for Burks too lol