ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs **Official Chiefs 2018 Training Camp Thread** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316387)

RunKC 07-29-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13649078)
I know it's still early in camp, but I don't like all these interceptions I'm seeing from Mahomes.

Pat is a young QB with One game worth of experience. Andy has said multiple times that he’s going to push Mahomes and let him see what he can get away with. That is exactly what needs to happen because that’s what’s going to happen in real game. The time for this kid to learn and make these mistakes is right now, not when it matters. If you look at the reports the Chiefs are throwing a lot of things at him including blitzes and drops by linebackers, which is again what they need to do.

Too many people take practice too seriously when this is something that has been said was going to happen for over a week

KChiefs1 07-29-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

I know it's still early in camp, but I don't like all these interceptions I'm seeing from Mahomes.

Have they played a preseason game yet?

KChiefs1 07-29-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13649084)
I'm mostly paying attention to which players get reps with which units and how often.

Smart man.

staylor26 07-29-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13649137)
Pat is a young QB with One game worth of experience. Andy has said multiple times that he’s going to push Mahomes and let him see what he can get away with. That is exactly what needs to happen because that’s what’s going to happen in real game. The time for this kid to learn and make these mistakes is right now, not when it matters. If you look at the reports the Chiefs are throwing a lot of things at him including blitzes and drops by linebackers, which is again what they need to do.

Too many people take practice too seriously when this is something that has been said was going to happen for over a week

:clap:

KChiefs1 07-29-2018 12:52 PM

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platf...sunday-edition

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platf...ions-and-video

Quote:

The Kansas City Chiefs were able to get in a full, productive practice despite the majority of the session being covered in rain.

Here were my takeaways from both sides of the football:

Offense

The first team period was first-unit offense and defense playing a full drive. The offense did tapped into something I’ve been a proponent of them utilizing this season: no huddle.

The offense was efficient on the drive. Travis Kelce had five of the first six targets and hauled in four catches. Chris Conley was utilized heavily on the drive as well. Both Conley and Kelce were primarily working on short, underneath routes.

Conley looks fine to me. I didn’t see any issues stemming from the Achilles injury while observing. He could be a trusted target for the young quarterback moving forward.

Mahomes made a big mistake in the red zone to end the drive. He threw to a covered receiver and the ball tipped in the air. The windows get tighter closer to the end zone, and his decision making there will be critical to his success this year.

The offensive line responded from Saturday’s lackluster performance in nine-on-seven drills with a better performance. It was not lost on offensive coordinator Eric Bienemy, who had some energy from the performance. Mahomes was visibly energetic about it as well.

The Chiefs utilized their three-tight sets some Sunday. Your third tight end Sunday was Alex Ellis. He showed more Sunday than Jace Amaro and Tim Wright.
Darrell Williams looked good in 9-on-7 and during the day. He’s a no-nonsense runner who doesn’t waste movement.

Byron Pringle didn’t have a ton of production Sunday, but I really like what he’s doing on the field. I’m intrigued by him has a practice squad candidate. He spent most of his time with the third team, but there’s some promise.

Marcus Kemp continues to get looks with the first team. He had a nice catch in seven-on-seven, adjusting to throw behind him from Mahomes for 20-plus yards.
Mahomes and Hill connected on a nice back shoulder.

The offensive play of the day was a Mahomes to Watkins connection on a deep throw. Watkins did a great job tracking the ball.

Overall, the offensive line had a less-than-stellar day in protection compared to Saturday. There would be several plays that would be considered likely sacks on the day.

Andy Reid is exceptional at keeping his staple plays fresh. We saw some new “window dressing” for the Chiefs on one of their basic concepts. All I will say is it’s smart. It’s a sign of things to come, as Reid continues to try and stay ahead of defenses.

Defense:

Kendall Fuller stayed on the field in base personnel as an outside corner, which wasn’t the case Saturday. There were times last year when teams could keep him off the field in Washington by forcing them into base personnel.

Ukeme Eligwe got the majority of the time with the first-team unit in Reggie Ragland’s absence.

Tanoh Kpassagnon had the best day of anyone. He had an early sack in team drills coming off the edge and later intercepted Mahomes dropping into coverage in the middle of the field.

Breeland Speaks wasn’t particularly productive in pass rush but there is some hope for him. He’s pushing the pocket some, doing his job. He could be a steady presence this season regardless of production. Could be a solid role player.
Dorian O’Daniel did a great job in coverage on Tim Wright. He broke on an out-route quickly. He’s still coming along as he works to process the game, but he flashed the traits that make him a weapon the Chiefs can utilize this season.

Arrion Springs isn’t the best athlete on the field, but he is standing out to me. He is an excellent communicator for a rookie. He was getting people lined up, early to communicate in coverage and was even calling routes out. He had a few rough moments in coverage, but he made an impression on me. He looks prepared and is quick to process what he’s seeing. Springs lined up both inside and outside on the day.

D’montre Wade had a great day as well. He played a couple fades to Jehu Chesson perfectly and broke one of them. He also spent time in the slot and defended a corner route exceptionally, contesting the throw.

pugsnotdrugs19 07-29-2018 12:54 PM

People need to remember that Alex always threw more picks in camp than he did in games. That’s just how it goes usually.

staylor26 07-29-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13649149)
People need to remember that Alex always threw more picks in camp than he did in games. That’s just how it goes usually.

It’s amazing that people aren’t aware of this. How do they forget Peters picking off Alex for like 10 straight days? lol

TLO 07-29-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13649155)
It’s amazing that people aren’t aware of this. How do they forget Peters picking off Alex for like 10 straight days? lol

I didn't forget - I just wasn't aware apparently. Granted I've been paying much closer to Mahomes than I ever did Smith.

Hammock Parties 07-29-2018 01:12 PM

Pretty concerned about Breeland Speaks. No one is saying much of anything about him.

By the way, if he blows up with Bashaud Breeland we have to name our defense "The Breeland Brigands" or something else suitably old-tymey.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20110820110821

Halfcan 07-29-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

It is training camp- Practice makes perfect. This is where the offense learns to play as a unit.

How are all the other QB's doing in training camp? Have they thrown any INT's or is Mahomes the only one?

FloridaMan88 07-29-2018 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13649149)

People also need to remember that there has been exactly one day of training camp practice with pads thus far.

JFC, training camp has barely begun and already people want to bury Mahomes.

CasselGotPeedOn 07-29-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13649162)
I didn't forget - I just wasn't aware apparently. Granted I've been paying much closer to Mahomes than I ever did Smith.

Also you're a moron so there is that...

O.city 07-29-2018 02:32 PM

http://www.chiefsdigest.com/tremon-s...rookie-chiefs/

MoreBeer 07-29-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13649101)
I’m thinking about starting a fanduel league, what are your thoughts on that and also Peyton Manning, Hoot... I mean MoreQueer.

Silence!!!,....short man with moustache...

-King- 07-29-2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13648987)
Tanoh dropped and picked off Mahomes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KCchiefsf...823040/video/1

Looks like that has been Mahomes biggest weak point thus far

Gotta see the check down.
Posted via Mobile Device