ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Sign Sammy Watkins (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314384)

RustShack 03-13-2018 05:36 PM

So basically the Chiefs can score at will next year. Hopefully the youth movement on defense can get more stops than our Dick Vermiel defenses... which if we find a good NT/S/CB through the draft and rest of free agency we could be good enough on defense.

Just ****ing blitz Houston more again.

chiefzilla1501 03-13-2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13466968)
We’re going to be seeing more zone defenses than any team in football. Teams are not going to consistently try to man up against the Chiefs offensive personnel, except maybe someone like Jacksonville or the Rams.

This is why we need to incorporate a lot of air raid. Air raid can absolutely crush zone.

KChiefs1 03-13-2018 05:37 PM

https://youtu.be/Sd1BJGjqt70

https://youtu.be/1nBTFOVb_w4

pugsnotdrugs19 03-13-2018 05:38 PM

Terez says the Chiefs view Conley as their 3rd receiver and a short to intermediate target.

Chiefshrink 03-13-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13466937)
Only 10m per year guaranteed and that's not that much when looking at all these contracts today. At the end of the day we needed to pay to make this happen because this offense is going to be unstoppable.

Yes on paper it looks good. But can SW assimilate AR's playbook and stay healthy remains to be seen.:hmmm:

Don't get me wrong, I like the signing but if SW is 'all that' why didn't McVay make it happen ? Was it durability? Money ? Not committed to the play book ? All the above ? Who knows but we will soon find out in due time.:hmmm:

Chiefshrink 03-13-2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13466975)
This is why we need to incorporate a lot of air raid. Air raid can absolutely crush zone.

Our pass blocking better significantly improve then.:rolleyes:

displacedinMN 03-13-2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13466977)
Terez says the Chiefs view Conley as their 3rd receiver and a short to intermediate target.

Glad he is back.
Would we pick up one more in the draft?

Sassy Squatch 03-13-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13466978)
Yes on paper it looks good. But can SW assimilate AR's playbook and stay healthy remains to be seen.:hmmm:

Don't get me wrong, I like the signing but if SW is 'all that' why didn't McVay make it happen ? Was it durability? Money ? Not committed to the play book ? All the above ? Who knows but we will soon find out in due time.:hmmm:

Rams have a ton of tough decisions to make very soon. Signing Watkins to that type of deal just want in the cards.

LoneWolf 03-13-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 13466982)
Glad he is back.
Would we pick up one more in the draft?

Marcus Robinson and Jehu Chesson are fine for the number 4 and 5 receivers. No reason to waste valuable draft picks this year on another receiving prospect when they have needs on defense.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-13-2018 05:48 PM

Wow, watching his highlight film. He has all the ball skills, route skills ,vision. With Hill on the other side and Mahomes throwing bullets this is gonna be epic. I mean NFL record setting epic.

KChiefs1 03-13-2018 05:54 PM

Chiefs Sign Sammy Watkins

Just got off the phone with my cousin in Dallas. Most Cowboy fans are pissed that he signed with the Chiefs. They were all counting on him as their #1 WR. They are all ready to wave bye bye Dez Bryant. He was like what now? I said draft one. He said it takes WR’s three years to be worth a shit. LMAO

Just thought I’d pass it along.

Chiefshrink 03-13-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 13466973)
Yeah. I think Tyreek is mislabeled because he's so dangerous deep.
But he's done nothing but improve and looked like his routes were pretty tight last I saw.

TH right now is a No.2 who continues to improve no doubt to your point. If SW quickly assimilates AR's play book he will be our No.1 WR taking that away from Kelce to allow Kelce to be that "Maverick Wild Card" play all over field wherever AR wants him(a la WR,Slot,TE) in order to use his extreme versatility. Robinson, Chesson and Kemp will be challenging Conley hard for that No.3 and I am rooting hard for Kemp to take over that 3rd WR spot in due time.:thumb:

Chiefshrink 03-13-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13467010)
Just got off the phone with my cousin in Dallas. Most Cowboy fans are pissed that he signed with the Chiefs. They were all counting on him as their #1 WR. They are all ready to wave bye bye Dez Bryant. He was like what now? I said draft one. He said it takes WR’s three years to be worth a shit. LMAO

Just thought I’d pass it along.

What were his thoughts on losing Hitchens ?

beach tribe 03-13-2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 13465616)
Haven't read through every single post, but has anyone mentioned the 2015 game where Watkins torched KC (mostly in the first half, IIRC)?

I knew he had a crazy day on us not too long ago.

It just looked so easy for him that day.

Simply Red 03-13-2018 06:18 PM

This still doesn't have as many posts as the Hardees thread.