ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars: Rebels (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273208)

keg in kc 03-31-2016 05:56 PM

I can go even crazier than maul being snoke. Which is crazy, but anyway...

Ezra began his fall at the end of the finale (which was fantastic, btw - particularly the last ten min), allowing him to open the Sith holocron. Hence the twilight of the apprentice title. It's the start of his darkness extinguishing his light. Maul will find him, and train him, but not as a Sith. They'll begin a new order. And eventually Ezra murders maul and takes a new name. Snoke.

Now I don't think that's going to happen. I just thought I'd throw out another crazy fan theory.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-31-2016 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12158278)

Ezra began his fall at the end of the finale (which was fantastic, btw - particularly the last ten min), allowing him to open the Sith holocron. Hence the twilight of the apprentice title. It's the start of his darkness extinguishing his light. Maul will find him, and train him, but not as a Sith. They'll begin a new order. And eventually Ezra murders maul and takes a new name. Snoke.

Now I don't think that's going to happen. I just thought I'd throw out another crazy fan theory.

I'll double down.

Benicio Del Toro is coming aboard as an aged Ezra.

Now that one is a stretch, but would interesting if true.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-31-2016 06:07 PM

Quote:

In any event, there is a connection between Snoke and the Empire. Snoke didn't just sit back and watch holofeeds in the outer rim for 30 years while all of this was going on.

He's tied in to the whole thing. He knows intimate details. And the remnant of the empire didn't just happen to bump in to him.

DaneMcCloud 03-31-2016 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12158290)
I'll double down.

This has already been discussed

DaneMcCloud 03-31-2016 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12158295)
In any event, there is a connection between Snoke and the Empire. Snoke didn't just sit back and watch holofeeds in the outer rim for 30 years while all of this was going on.

He's tied in to the whole thing. He knows intimate details. And the remnant of the empire didn't just happen to bump in to him.

This is already out there. Abrams discussed it, as did Andy Serkis.

Snoke is an entirely new character that's been around since before the Clone Wars. As I linked earlier, Pablo Hidalgo has stated that Kylo Ren and Snoke were never Sith.

If he was lying and wanted to be coy, he could have said something different but he was emphatic.

DaneMcCloud 03-31-2016 06:41 PM

Quote:

I thought the entire episode was fantastic from start to finish. Maul, Ahsoka, a brief glimpse of Anakin, Kanan being blinded by Maul and so on.

I watched it again today and was even more blown away.

SAUTO 03-31-2016 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12158290)
I'll double down.

that is EXACTLY what is going to happen.

Nothing else makes sense.

SAUTO 03-31-2016 09:13 PM

And dane said it months if not years ago

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-01-2016 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12158652)
And dane said it months if not years ago

It's been on the web for months.

Tribal Warfare 04-01-2016 05:26 AM

What if Snoke is Galen Marrik

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-01-2016 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12158831)
What if Snoke is Galen Marrik

I don't know if he made the canon. Probably not.

Anyong Bluth 04-01-2016 02:15 PM

Star Wars Rebels

Cinelinx is reporting a significant rumor that says that the show’s upcoming third season will in fact be its last.

Expounding on rumors reported on Slashfilm (by current io9 reporter Germain Lussier) in 2014, the site claims that Rebels will end after its third season, replaced by a new animated series that could be potentially set in the “sequel era” between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. The third season would focus on linking the series closer and closer to the events of the films—specifically Rogue One—while wrapping up the character arcs of many of the characters on the show. Although the series would come to an end, the site claims, it would live on with direct-to-DVD releases to explore the characters' futures.

As ever with rumors like this, it’s best to take it with a pinch of salt—but considering that executive producer Dave Filoni recently told us that he’s already planned how the series ends, perhaps it’s not too unlikely?

unlurking 04-01-2016 02:20 PM

I'm OK with that. The stories have improved greatly, but I'm still not a fan of the animation. If they take the chance to improved the animation in the new series I'll be happy.

That finale was the best episode so far, and I'm looking forward to a climactic season 3.

DaneMcCloud 04-01-2016 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 12159433)
I'm OK with that. The stories have improved greatly, but I'm still not a fan of the animation.

The only way to improve the animation is by giving the Star Wars animation division a bigger budget, which I doubt happens anytime soon.

The viewership (and thus licensing fees) were much higher on the Cartoon Network. But Disney XD and The Disney Channel aren't part of a basic service or lower tiered service, so they'll likely never have that kind of viewership or revenue stream.

DaneMcCloud 04-01-2016 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12159424)
Star Wars Rebels

Cinelinx is reporting a significant rumor that says that the show’s upcoming third season will in fact be its last.

I had heard that it was going to tap out after four seasons. Next season, the timeline will be very close to Rogue One and from my understanding, there will be some crossover characters. But at that point, we're essentially looking at a time just before A New Hope and it would likely be tedious to continue.

I think the show has been very good at showing us how the Rebellion started, how Vader hunted down surviving Jedi using his Inquisitors, Ahsoka's and Maul's fate but I'm not sure how much longer it can continue after Rogue One is released, unless the team sent to steal the Death Star plans actually fails.