ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto ***Official Car and Gearhead Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291377)

Marcellus 12-17-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12622580)
The weekend after new years I'm scattering the 69.

I've got a shit ton of parts sitting around my wife has been buying while sitting at her desk. (She's ****ing awesome btw., who's wife does that? She could be buying clothes or some shit).

She wants to be driving it come spring.

And she bought a new radiator for the black truck and took the transmission for it to my buddy to get built.

She's not ****ing around another summer without a couple hot rods. We wanna start taking the kids to shows and cruise nights.

I'll post pics when we start.

Awesome. I plan to be driving the balls off my car this spring and summer so I may make a trip to KC.

Looking forward to pics of the build.

Marcellus 12-17-2016 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12622720)
Hometeam just PM'ed me his video. Here it is. Back to square one I guess.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/099douUPsOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO

lewdog 12-17-2016 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12622932)
Awesome. I plan to be driving the balls off my car this spring and summer so I may make a trip to KC.

Looking forward to pics of the build.

Swing by AZ and pick me up. Your car makes me harder than the bottom of a pontoon boat.

stevieray 12-17-2016 06:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
dude came into my lane the other morning..(still dark), had to slam on the brakes...elko fish tailed twice..scared the shit out of me...it's exactly how my van got totaled.

:cuss::cuss::cuss:

Perineum Ripper 12-20-2016 12:52 PM

So I need to ask all you guys a favor

I'm trying to track down a 1975 Chevy K20 with the old 4 speed in it

Growing up my grandpa had one and I learned to drive on it..He and I were really close and when he passed from cancer in 2009 I told Grandma all I wanted of his that truck and his 30-30...I got both..I was in the process of restoring the truck and had it store in the barn on our farm..but in 2011 the barn burned down with the truck and of course all our farm equipment..on Christmas morning which made it so much better

Well after all these years of looking I haven't found one that was worth restoring or even the money to buy it..so I need some help if you guys can help me out

I know finding a 75 really limits so I will take a 73 to a 78 if you can find one and point me in that direction..it can be Chevy or GMC

Any help would be greatly appreciated

BigRedChief 12-22-2016 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 12623177)
dude came into my lane the other morning..(still dark), had to slam on the brakes...elko fish tailed twice..scared the shit out of me...it's exactly how my van got totaled.

:cuss::cuss::cuss:

That sucks. Sorry man.

EPodolak 12-22-2016 11:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Someone help me out? The gf saw this wagon this week and would like to know the make/model.

MIAdragon 12-23-2016 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPodolak (Post 12635039)
Someone help me out? The gf saw this wagon this week and would like to know the make/model.

65 International travelall

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 12630721)
So I need to ask all you guys a favor

I'm trying to track down a 1975 Chevy K20 with the old 4 speed in it

Growing up my grandpa had one and I learned to drive on it..He and I were really close and when he passed from cancer in 2009 I told Grandma all I wanted of his that truck and his 30-30...I got both..I was in the process of restoring the truck and had it store in the barn on our farm..but in 2011 the barn burned down with the truck and of course all our farm equipment..on Christmas morning which made it so much better

Well after all these years of looking I haven't found one that was worth restoring or even the money to buy it..so I need some help if you guys can help me out

I know finding a 75 really limits so I will take a 73 to a 78 if you can find one and point me in that direction..it can be Chevy or GMC

Any help would be greatly appreciated

My dad has a 1972 C20 Camper Special, but you'd get better odds obtaining his kidney.

Gramps bought it new, gave it dad when he replaced it with a new 1994. It's what I rode around w/gramps all over, farming, auctions, hauling, etc. growing up, and what I drove through HS until I finished my Nova right before senior year. Hasn't been a day of it's life it hasn't been ready to do work.

Faded and beat up to all heck, it's a work truck. But fortunately it was manufactured the year before Chevy started with the recycled steel, so it's not rusted out.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635203)
My dad has a 1972 C20 Camper Special, but you'd get better odds obtaining his kidney.

Gramps bought it new, gave it dad when he replaced it with a new 1994. It's what I rode around w/gramps all over, farming, auctions, hauling, etc. growing up, and what I drove through HS until I finished my Nova right before senior year. Hasn't been a day of it's life it hasn't been ready to do work.

Faded and beat up to all heck, it's a work truck. But fortunately it was manufactured the year before Chevy started with the recycled steel, so it's not rusted out.

Different body style

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635210)
Different body style

My understanding in those years, both C and K were 3/4 p/us, but C was 2WD and K was 4WD. Any body changes between 72 and 75 were platform-wide.

And FTR, dad's is a Camper Special, but never kitted for a camper. Gramps bought it for the rear suspension beef.

1972 C20

http://www.affordableclassicsinc.com...20PU%20(2).JPG

1972 K20

https://assets.hemmings.com/story_im...0@2x.jpg?rev=2

1975 K20

http://dealeraccelerate-all.s3.amazo...5a_low_res.JPG

SAUTO 12-23-2016 08:32 AM

if you cant see the difference between those pics i dont know what to say...

67-72 basically the same
73-87 basically the same.

the 73 -87 are known as square body trucks

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635232)
if you cant see the difference between those pics i dont know what to say...

67-72 basically the same
73-87 basically the same.

the 73 -87 are known as square body trucks

Jesus, who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?

Of course I see the differences, they're different model years.

But by your comment you'd think I was comparing a commercial truck and a station wagon.

mac mentioned growing up with a 1975 K20, I mentioned growing up with a 1972 C20. It's a conversation point with a lot of commonality. They're 1970's 3/4 ton Chevrolet work trucks.

As I said, the point of mac's post was moot in my instance anyway, because there's no way in hell dad is parting with his truck.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 08:37 AM

and i wasnt saying that the c or k made it a different body style, its the year range

SAUTO 12-23-2016 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635234)
Jesus, who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?

Of course I see the differences, they're different model years.

But by your comment you'd think I was comparing a commercial truck and a station wagon.

mac mentioned growing up with a 1975 K20, I mentioned growing up with a 1972 C20. It's a conversation point with a lot of commonality.

As I said, the point of mac's post was moot in my instance anyway, because there's no way in hell dad is parting with his truck.

all i was saying is he wouldnt want that one anyways, its a different body style.

which is exactly what i said.

i wasnt sure you realized the year break off point, i definitely do since i only own 3 67-72 short wides and no less than 4 square body trucks...

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635235)
and i wasnt saying that the c or k made it a different body style, its the year range

'different body style' is simultaneously vague and dismissive.

Anyway, **** me for sharing.

The answer, mac, is NO. NO I DO NOT have a 1975 K20 for you to purchase. End of story.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635237)

no its very specific.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635237)

Anyway, **** me for sharing.

The answer, mac, is NO. NO I DO NOT have a 1975 K20 for you to purchase. End of story.

maybe its YOUR cheerios that got pissed in this morning.

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635238)
no its very specific.

Eat my entire asshole with strawberry jam.

How's that for specific?

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635247)
maybe its YOUR cheerios that got pissed in this morning.

Yeah, thanks for that.

Hydrae 12-23-2016 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12622720)
Hometeam just PM'ed me his video. Here it is. Back to square one I guess.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/099douUPsOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OMG, that is hilarious and extremely sad at the same time. Didn't stop me from laughing along with the video though! ROFL

I saw a guy in a 65 Chevelle doing a burn off at an intersection one time and the rear left wheel came off. That sucker must have bounced 20 feet in the air. Again, it was hilarious seeing that sucker lift in the back, straight back down and sliding to the curb like a dead animal.

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635235)

And I never said that the 72 C20 and the 75 K20 were the exact same vehicle, nor that that I had one for sale, but you felt the need to interject.

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 12635252)
OMG, that is hilarious and extremely sad at the same time. Didn't stop me from laughing along with the video though! ROFL

I saw a guy in a 65 Chevelle doing a burn off at an intersection one time and the rear left wheel came off. That sucker must have bounced 20 feet in the air. Again, it was hilarious seeing that sucker lift in the back, straight back down and sliding to the curb like a dead animal.

Q - already discussed. old news. /Sauto

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le...u18ao1_400.gif

SAUTO 12-23-2016 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635249)

How's that for specific?

how about go **** yourself then.

youre the one being an asshole here when i was just pointing out hes looking for a TOTALLY different LOOKING truck, just to make it clear. and i was prety ****ing polite about it, saying he's looking for a different body style isnt shitty in the least.

**** you, maybe midol would help with your issues today asshole.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635255)
Q - already discussed. old news. /Sauto

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le...u18ao1_400.gif

what are you even talking about here? dumbass.

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635256)
how about go **** yourself then.

youre the one being an asshole here when i was just pointing out hes looking for a TOTALLY different LOOKING truck, just to make it clear. and i was prety ****ing polite about it, saying he's looking for a different body style isnt shitty in the least.

**** you, maybe midol would help with your issues today asshole.

I wasn't offering him a truck. I was reminiscing with him about growing up with a particular make and model of truck.

I made the differences clear, as well as the fact that I wasn't fulfilling his purchase search.

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635258)
what are you even talking about here? dumbass.

People are enjoying this video, but CP already viewed and discussed it when it happened 2 or so years ago. So I thought it my place to shit on their belated enjoyment.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635254)
And I never said that the 72 C20 and the 75 K20 were the exact same vehicle, nor that that I had one for sale, but you felt the need to interject.

you started with saying your dad has a 72 c20 camper special BUT YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF ASKING FOR HIS KIDNEY

sounds like you thought he may actually WANT your dads truck.

i was just pointing out it was a different body style (hence DIFFERENT LOOKING) truck because that last line made it seem likehe may want it so you were telling him he couldnt have it.

that line made no ****ing sense and didnt need to be included since it is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT TRUCK.

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635263)
you started with saying your dad has a 72 c20 camper special BUT YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF ASKING FOR HIS KIDNEY

sounds like you thought he may actually WANT your dads truck.

i was just pointing out it was a different body style (hence DIFFERENT LOOKING) truck because that last line made it seem likehe may want it so you were telling him he couldnt have it.

that line made no ****ing sense and didnt need to be included since it is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT TRUCK.

You missed the proper context. It was 'before you start thinking 72/75, oh heck CLOSE ENOUGH, this isn't a sales pitch.'

Making it clear I was reminiscing about growing up with a make and model [which was the reason mac was looking for a replacement], not proposing a transaction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 12630721)
Growing up my grandpa had one and I learned to drive on it..He and I were really close and when he passed from cancer in 2009 I told Grandma all I wanted of his that truck and his 30-30...

I grew up
my grandpa had one
I learned to drive on it
we were close
he's passed on
he passed it to my dad
it carried familial importance

THAT is what I was remarking on, not 'body types' and 'model years.'

And the 'better off asking for his kidney' was about the sentimental value we shared regarding an inanimate object.

But you had to interject.

Thanks for that.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635260)
I wasn't offering him a truck. I was reminiscing with him about growing up with a particular make and model of truck.

I made the differences clear, as well as the fact that I wasn't fulfilling his purchase search.

once again he said he was looking for a truck.

you brought up a different body style truck, commented about it, THEN said he couldnt have it.

i pointed out it was a different body style truck, just in case you didnt realize the body style break off year.

you acted like a mentally disabled donkey.

have a merry ****ing christmas.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635267)
You missed the proper context. It was 'before you start thinking 72/75, oh heck CLOSE ENOUGH, this isn't a sales pitch.'

youre a dumbass.

once again you didnt need to say he couldnt have something he didnt want.

that stupid line is why i thought you were confused

SAUTO 12-23-2016 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635267)

Making it clear I was reminiscing about growing up with a make and model [which was the reason mac was looking for a replacement], not proposing a transaction.

I grew up
my grandpa had one
I learned to drive on it
we were close
he's passed on
he passed it to my dad
it carried familial importance

THAT is what I was remarking on, not 'body types' and 'model years.'

But you had to interject.

Thanks for that.

then maybe you shouldnt have said he couldnt have it.

if you KNEW they were different you would have KNOWN he wouldnt have wanted it.

sorry i embarrassed you this morning

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635276)
then maybe you shouldnt have said he couldnt have it.

if you KNEW they were different you would have KNOWN he wouldnt have wanted it.

sorry i embarrassed you this morning

God you're an inveterate asshole.

You didn't embarrass me. You saddened me that normal people can't have a conversation without the autistic among us picking on shitty irrelevant details to derail the discussion.

The only embarrassing aspect is the drudgery of explaining social conventions to a ****ing alien.

Laying it out as simplistic as I can in the interest of imparting undertstanding.

I mentioned that 'you'd have better luck buying his kidney' for 2 reasons

1. To make it clear it wasn't a sale offer, thereby stemming any calculation by mac whether a 72 to CLOSE ENOUGH to consider as a surrogate
2. To punctuate how much sentimental value my dad placed on the truck, much like mac's sentimental value for the HIS grandfather's.

It's called reminiscing. And I can understand your anal retentiveness if I were responding to a stranger on Craigslist. But mac is a member of CP, posting in a general 'car and gearhead' thread.

OF COURSE I knew they were different model years, I made the year and C/K designation explicit from the outset. That wasn't the point.
And OF COURSE I knew that different model years had body differences, but C/K body differences went by model year, not letter designation

But you have bunches of trucks and run a shop, so you're the only person on CP with fundamental knowledge of domestic autos, so you needed to misread the conversation and point out an irrelevancy.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635280)

You didn't embarrass me. You saddened me that normal people can't have a conversation without the autistic among us picking on shitty irrelevant details to derail the discussion.

The only embarrassing aspect is the drudgery of explaining social conventions to a ****ing alien.

you are a total jackass.

seriously.

again sorry i embarrassed you.

if you had realized it was a different body style truck to begin with you wouldnt have felt the need to state right off the bat that your dad wasnt going to part with it because you would have realized he DIDNT WANT it anyway.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Laying it out as simplistic as I can in the interest of imparting undertstanding.

1. To make it clear it wasn't a sale offer, thereby stemming any calculation by mac whether a 72 to CLOSE ENOUGH to consider as a surrogate
2. To punctuate how much sentimental value my dad placed on the truck, much like mac's snetimental value for the HIS grandfather's.

OF COURSE I knew they were different model years, I made the year and C/K designation explicit from the outset. That wasn't the point.
And OF COURSE I knew that different model years had body differences, but C/K body differences went by model year, not letter designation

But you have bunches of trucks and run a shop, so you're the only person on CP with fundamental knowledge of domestic autos, so you needed to misread the conversation and point out an irrelevancy.

the c/k designation HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BODY STYLE.

i dont know why you keep saying c/k body differences...

just admit you werent clear ans i was only trying to tell you that in 1972 the body style was different than in 1975.

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635303)
you are a total jackass.

seriously.

again sorry i embarrassed you.

if you had realized it was a different body style truck to begin with you wouldnt have felt the need to state right off the bat that your dad wasnt going to part with it because you would have realized he DIDNT WANT it anyway.

What exactly, am I supposed to be embarrassed about?

Give it a while and revisit. This is much more embarrassing for you.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635312)
What exactly, am I supposed to be embarrassed about?

Give it a while and revisit. This is much more embarrassing for you.

ROFL

no, no it wont.

im not the one who said something stupid. everything i said was the truth

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635311)
the c/k designation HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BODY STYLE.

just admit you werent clear ans i was only trying to tell you that in 1972 the body style was different than in 1975.

Is you were TRYING to simply differentiate between 72 and 75, you did a shitty job. Hence, the reason I pointed out that your vague and ambiguous 'different body style' was dismissive.

OF COURSE they are different. They're different model years. But your interjection made it sound like mac asked about a 1975 K20 and I mentioned a 1955 Bel-Air convertible.

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635315)
ROFL

no, no it wont.

im not the one who said something stupid. everything i said was the truth

You assumed everyone else was stupider than you, and completely missed the actual conversation.

I'll grant it's more autistic and socially awkward than full on stupid. But the deficit is entirely yours.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635320)
Is you were TRYING to simply differentiate between 72 and 75, you did a shitty job. Hence, the reason I pointed out that your vague and ambiguous 'different body style' was dismissive.

OF COURSE they are different. They're different model years. But your interjection made it sound like mac asked about a 1975 K20 and I mentioned a 1955 Bel-Air convertible.

really? the perfect way to differentiate between a 1972 and a 1975 chevy truck is by saying they HAVE DIFFERENT BODY STYLES. its not dismissive OR vague OR ambiguous, ITS THE WAY TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN THE TWO.

im not sure if you realize but like i said earlier the 1967 to 1972 (all different model years) are the same basic truck with minor cosmetic differences. then THE BODY STYLE changed in 1973. from 1973 to 1987 the BODY STYLE was basically the same, but different than the BODY STYLE on the 1972 that your grandpa owned.

thats all i was getting at, seriously. i thought maybe you didnt realize where the body style change came in at.

you got your shit twisted and flipped out on that for some reason.

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635311)

I don't know why you're now resorting to lying about what I said.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635325)
You assumed everyone else was stupider than you, and completely missed the actual conversation.

I'll grant it's more autistic and socially awkward than full on stupid. But the deficit is entirely yours.

i didnt miss anything.

im not the one who acted as though he would WANT a truck he wasnt asking about, and if you didnt think he may want it there was NO NEED to point out he couldnt have it.

seriously man...

SAUTO 12-23-2016 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635335)
I don't know why you're now resorting to lying about what I said.

i quoted YOUR post dude...

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635334)
thats all i was getting at, seriously. i thought maybe you didnt realize where the body style change came in at.

Yes, I get it. You assumed you were the only one who knew shit about shit, and were completely oblivious to the point of the conversation.

It's 'seriously' condescending to think I didn't know the difference regarding a vehicle I've been around my entire life, and it's 'seriously' presumptuous to correct me on an irrelevant detail in a conversation that wasn't even about transactions, or model years, or body styles.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 09:43 AM

Quote:

2. To punctuate how much sentimental value my dad placed on the truck, much like mac's sentimental value for the HIS grandfather's.

It's called reminiscing. And I can understand your anal retentiveness if I were responding to a stranger on Craigslist. But mac is a member of CP, posting in a general 'car and gearhead' thread.

And OF COURSE I knew that different model years had body differences, but C/K body differences went by model year,not letter designation

you are making no sense here.

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635341)
i quoted YOUR post dude...

1. You said I 'repeatedly' said C/K body differences.
2. The post you quoted says C/K body differences went by model year, meaning each model year had the same body for C and K, but that body could change for both of them from year to year.

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635344)
you are making no sense here.

Let me know how simple I need to talk for you to understand.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635342)
Yes, I get it. You assumed you were the only one who knew shit about shit, and were completely oblivious to the point of the conversation.

It's 'seriously' condescending to think I didn't know the difference regarding a vehicle I've been around my entire life, and it's 'seriously' presumptuous to correct me on an irrelevant detail in a conversation that wasn't even about transactions, or model years, or body styles.

just because youve been around a 72 all your life doesnt mean you know the difference between that and a 73.

and if it wasnt about a transaction there was no reason to state it wasnt available. thats where you confused me and i simply stated the truck you were talking about was a different body style.

i wasnt trying to bash you or make you feel insecure little buddy...

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635348)
just because youve been around a 72 all your life doesnt mean you know the difference between that and a 73.

and if it wasnt about a transaction there was no reason to state it wasnt available. thats where you confused me and i simply stated the truck you were talking about was a different body style.

i wasnt trying to bash you or make you feel insecure little buddy...

Well at least we finally progress to where you admit you were the one who was confused.

You might want to stop the condescending though.

I wasn't just 'around' the truck, or any of my vehicles. I've performed all major maintenance outside computer/specialized operations like alignments on every car I've owned. That includes making most every major component off the 1972, as well as building my first car [69 Nova] from the unit body and bare block on up.

You didn't make me insecure. I know what I know. You irritated me with your presumption that I couldn't possibly know what you know, and the irrelevance of your 'helpful' distinction.

It's OK, you thought when I said my dad wouldn't sell that I was some dummy who was trying to slyly sell something that wasn't for sale, on the stupid belief that it was what mac was looking for. A lot of confusion on your part.

But as I made clear, and for normal people was clear from the start, I was simply indicating that my dad and I shared mac's sentimental bond with a truck, so don't go thinking maybe it was 'close enough' in model and era and styling to purchase as a surrogate for his out grandfather's truck.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635358)
Well at least we finally progress to where you admit you were the one who was confused.

You might want to stop the condescending though.

You didn't make me insecure. I know what I know. You irritated me with your presumption that I couldn't possibly know what you know, and the irrelevance of your 'helpful' distinction.

It's OK, you thought when I said my dad wouldn't sell that I was some dummy who was trying to slyly sell something that wasn't for sale, on the stupid belief that it was what mac was looking for. A lot of confusion on your part.

But as I made clear, and for normal people was clear from the start, I was simply indicating that my dad and I shared his sentimental bond with a truck, so don't go thinking maybe it was 'close enough' in model and era and styling to purchase as a surrogate for his out grandfather's truck.

i never thought you were trying to slyly do shit.

i think, no i KNOW, you are MUCH more confused here than i am.

i KNEW you werent trying to sell the truck, BUT saying it wasnt for sale confused me in the context of just a reminiscing post. there was no need for that distinction because it wasnt something he would want to satisfy what hes looking for anyway.

that truck is in NO WAY "CLOSE ENOUGH" for what he was wanting. he was VERY specific in that regards.

you are a ****ing idiot this morning buddy, and obviously insecure. maybe the holidays are bringing that out more in you, but whatever the issue is i hope you can get past it and enjoy the holiday.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 10:05 AM

ohhh now youve worked on cars. why did you feel the need to edit you post to point that out?

you need to tuck that insecurity in, its showing again.

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635373)
i never thought you were trying to slyly do shit.

i think, no i KNOW, you are MUCH more confused here than i am.

i KNEW you werent trying to sell the truck, BUT saying it wasnt for sale confused me in the context of just a reminiscing post. there was no need for that distinction because it wasnt something he would want to satisfy what hes looking for anyway.

that truck is in NO WAY "CLOSE ENOUGH" for what he was wanting. he was VERY specific in that regards.

you are a ****ing idiot this morning buddy, and obviously insecure. maybe the holidays are bringing that out more in you, but whatever the issue is i hope you can get past it and enjoy the holiday.

I know what I was talking about. You admit you were completely confused. But your insecurity and ego can't let that go, despite my patient and simple explanation, and insist on projecting insecurity and lack of knowledge on me.

YOU assumed that mac posted about his grandfather's truck wanting ONLY and SOLELY to talk about that specific make and model and a pending transaction for a replacement.

YOU assumed that I responding oblivious to the the body differences between the years.

YOU locked in on those two misapprehensions and made a shit ton of assumptions about me and derailed the entire exchange.

YOUR ego won't let you admit you just misread the conversation and provokes you to shit on me by insisting your confusion had merit.

FTR - I knew the differences from the moment I posted. But I was posting to find common ground to talk with mac over something he was sentimental and emotionally invested. The 'not for sale' remark was not intended to be and did not serve as the blockbuster mistake on my part. I didn't think he would want to buy my dad's truck. I didn't think it was the same truck. I was making an offhand reference to 'don't even think about it' to indicate the common sentimental value.

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635377)
ohhh now youve worked on cars. why did you feel the need to edit you post to point that out?

you need to tuck that insecurity in, its showing again.

You are a real insecure ****wagon. I've never sought you out to belittle you, Mr. "i definitely do since i only own 3 67-72 short wides and no less than 4 square body trucks..." But you make a stupid mistake on the matter of cars and conversation and your world collapses and you lash out.

F to the U to the **** you too.

I've been exceedingly patient with your bullshit offering increasingly and more patiently simplistic and easy to understand explanations for your confusion, yet you continue to heap on derision out of some micropenis pathology.

MIAdragon 12-23-2016 10:24 AM

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20130508204635

SAUTO 12-23-2016 10:31 AM

Where did I lash out here?

Dude you flipped out right off the bat, idiot.

I can guarantee if there's only one thing I'm not insecure about it's cars or trucks.

I simply and innocently pointed out the two trucks were different because he stated he wanted one and you stated the one in your family wasn't for sale.

You took it on this tangent

SAUTO 12-23-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 12635412)

I don't think I was an asshole here, maybe someone can chime in and give me their thoughts...

SAUTO 12-23-2016 10:35 AM

And I never said I was "completely confused" you ****ing asshole.

Hydrae 12-23-2016 10:41 AM

Wow, you two are still going at it? I wouldn't think it was worth the effort but please, carry on with your bad selves. :)

Demonpenz 12-23-2016 10:43 AM

When I get my billions of dollars I am buying a dark silver benz g-wagon. Me and pest can roll around and shoot some rounds into Tigerpunk

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635426)
Where did I lash out here?

Dude you flipped out right off the bat, idiot.

I can guarantee if there's only one thing I'm not insecure about it's cars or trucks.

I simply and innocently pointed out the two trucks were different because he stated he wanted one and you stated the one in your family wasn't for sale.

You took it on this tangent

Again, you're misreading the conversation.

mac asked about a truck and gave a story about why it was sentimentally important.
I replied that I don't have a truck to meet his needs, but I understand the sentimental attachment
You ambiguously posted 'different body type'
I asked you what you meant and why you thought it was relevant.
[at this point I knew and understood that since they were different years, there were structural differences, but your remark was ambiguous enough it seemed like you chiding me for posting something of no relevance whatsoever. Were I clairvoyant I might have divined that you were confused about the conversation already, because it wasn't about finding a Craigslist exact match for his search, but to converse about the sentimental value of trucks we grew up with in the family].
I asked you what your deal was, and that's when you started in the with the condescending and belittling, and pretending my every attempt to inform you was me being insecure.

You made the wrong assumptions, you started the sniping. You escalated to condescending. All I wanted to do was talk with mac, not argue with you over obvious mundane matters of model year body differences you seem to think some mystic realm.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635443)
Again, you're misreading the conversation.

mac asked about a truck and gave a story about why it was sentimentally important.
I replied that I don't have a truck to meet his needs, but I understand the sentimental attachment
You ambiguously posted 'different body type'
I asked you what you meant and why you thought it was relevant.
[at this point I knew and understood that since they were different years, there were structural differences, but your remark was ambiguous enough it seemed like you chiding me for posting something of no relevance whatsoever. Were I clairvoyant I might have divined that you were confused about the conversation already, because it wasn't about finding a Craigslist exact match for his search, but to converse about the sentimental value of trucks we grew up with in the family].
I asked you what your deal was, and that's when you started in the with the condescending and belittling, and pretending my every attempt to inform you was me being insecure.

You made the wrong assumptions, you started the sniping. You escalated to condescending. All I wanted to do was talk with mac, not argue with you over obvious mundane matters of model year body differences you seem to think some mystic realm.

if you knew all of this there was NO REASON to state the vehicle wasnt for sale...

Perineum Ripper 12-23-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635203)

That is pretty much how it was with Pa and his truck..bought it brand new and it was his daily driver until he retired and then it was a full time farm truck..we used to go everywhere in it..I remember standing on the seat eating ice cream as we drove around town when I was little..deer hunting drinking hot chocolate and eating cookies..driving to auctions with him and my dad

Loved that truck..so far in my life that is the only vehicle that I loved and smiled every time I would see it or get in

Perineum Ripper 12-23-2016 11:32 AM

This one is almost identical to what Pa had..only difference really is the spare tire mounted on the brush guard and had the huge CB whip antenna on it as well

http://media.discoverstuff.com/img/l...388871984.jpeg

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 12635538)
That is pretty much how it was with Pa and his truck..bought it brand new and it was his daily driver until he retired and then it was a full time farm truck..we used to go everywhere in it..I remember standing on the seat eating ice cream as we drove around town when I was little..deer hunting drinking hot chocolate and eating cookies..driving to auctions with him and my dad

Loved that truck..so far in my life that is the only vehicle that I loved and smiled every time I would see it or get in

Nevermind, different body type. **** your memories /Sauto.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635561)
Nevermind, different body type. **** your memories /Sauto.

yeah that's EXACTLY what i said you dripping, whiny, ****ing ****.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 12:02 PM

And just FTR while i've been sitting here being berated by a whiny **** i've actually also been looking for the RIGHT body style truck for the guy.

none i can find has any kind of bed left on them but a guy did tell me about one just south of me with a flat bed on it.

if you are interested i'm gonna be that way possibly this afternoon and ill stop and take a quick look...

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635592)
And just FTR while i've been sitting here being berated by a whiny **** i've actually also been looking for the RIGHT body style truck for the guy.

none i can find has any kind of bed left on them but a guy did tell me about one just south of me with a flat bed on it.

if you are interested i'm gonna be that way possibly this afternoon and ill stop and take a quick look...

Insecure. . . .

Look, I wasn't the one who started this, but you're ****ed if you think your condescending is gonna finish it.

All I wanted to do with chat with mac. All you wanted to do was snark and provoke.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635602)
Insecure. . . .

Look, I wasn't the one who started this, but you're ****ed if you think your condescending is gonna finish it.

All I wanted to do with chat with mac. All you wanted to do was snark and provoke.

you.

my first post said "different body style"

that isnt snark or a provoking post you ****ing idiot.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 12:16 PM

and i dont REALLY give a **** if its ever finished you stupid piece of shit...

SAUTO 12-23-2016 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635249)

How's that for specific?

in fact THIS was the first contentious post in this conversation...

but keep on with the kiddie "i didnt even do anything and sauto just ATTACKED me"

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635611)

you.

my first post said "different body style"

that isnt snark or a provoking post you ****ing idiot.

Yes, it was ambiguous and dismissive. So I asked you to clarify, not because I didn't know that there was a difference between a 72 and 75 body style. I posted the damn differences in body styles. I asked you to clarify because no rational person would think that the body style changes from 72-75 were the point of mac and my exchange.

You've conceded you misread the matter, what is so hard about saying 'sorry for interrupting the conversation, . . . I'll be on my way?'

What in you drives this need to be 'right' about something that didn't even involve you at the time, then you interjected to provide unneeded 'knowledge' you later concede was superfluous.

Oh well, the entire conversation is shot to hell anyway.

in the interest of board comity

Thank you Sauto for noticing the differences between my grandfather's truck and mac's grandfathers. Those of us less versed in the automotive arts tend to miss those kind of subtle sledgehammers of visual information. I apologize to mac if I in any way insinuated that the truck I was not offering to sell was in any way similar to his grandfather's, which clearly has body differences. I should probably know to keep my sentimental trap shut when menfolk are talking, and with that I apologize once more all around and take my leave.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635632)
Yes, it was ambiguous and dismissive. So I asked you to clarify, not because I didn't know that there was a difference between a 72 and 75 body style. I posted the damn differences in body styles. I asked you to clarify because no rational person would think that the body style changes from 72-75 were the point of mac and my exchange.

You've conceded you misread the matter, what is so hard about saying 'sorry for interrupting the conversation, . . . I'll be on my way?'

What in you drives this need to be 'right' about something that didn't even involve you at the time, then you interjected to provide unneeded 'knowledge' you later concede was superfluous.

Oh well, the entire conversation is shot to hell anyway.

in the interest of board comity

Thank you Sauto for noticing the differences between my grandfather's truck and mac's grandfathers. Those of us less versed in the automotive arts tend to miss those kind of subtle sledgehammers of visual information. I apologize to mac if I in any way insinuated that the truck I was not offering to sell was in any way similar to his grandfather's, which clearly has body differences. I should probably know to keep my sentimental trap shut when menfolk are talking, and with that I apologize once more all around and take my leave.

saying a truck has a different body style isnt in ANY ambiguous. not in ANY ****ING WAY. it HAS a different body style because they CHANGED IT IN 1973.
you are a crazy, whiny, ****ing ****.

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635617)
in fact THIS was the first contentious post in this conversation...

but keep on with the kiddie "i didnt even do anything and sauto just ATTACKED me"

Like hell it was. That was after I asked you why you were being so contentious, and you responded 'hurr, I know cars and you look like you need help' and I pointed out you misread the situation what you later admit you misread. Nevertheless, you kept coming back with your 'get your facts straight mister' schtick.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 12:32 PM

and ALSO i didnt MISREAD anything, you confused me about what you were getting at when you stated it wasnt for sale, i thought you may have thought it was what he was looking for...

sorry i ruined all your memories of grand pa.

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635638)
saying a truck has a different body style isnt in ANY ambiguous. not in ANY ****ING WAY. it HAS a different body style because they CHANGED IT IN 1973.
you are a crazy, whiny, ****ing ****.

'different body style' is ambiguous, and dismissive. Don't forget dismissive.

Different body style can be as different as Jonathan and Red Delicious Apples, or as different as ants and baleen whales.

Neither was relevant to the conversation, because the conversation was about sentimental value of grandpa's truck, not the General Motors chassis development team. So I asked you to clarify what you meant and why you thought it relevant.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635639)
Like hell it was. That was after I asked you why you were being so contentious, and you responded 'hurr, I know cars and you look like you need help' and I pointed out you misread the situation what you later admit you misread. Nevertheless, you kept coming back with your 'get your facts straight mister' schtick.

again dumbass i didnt misread ANYTHING and never typed "misread" until after you had.

****ing idiot.

and i never responded with what you said here either.

maybe you need to walk away from your computer for a minute before you have a ****ing stroke

Baby Lee 12-23-2016 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635648)
and ALSO i didnt MISREAD anything, you confused me about what you were getting at when you stated it wasnt for sale, i thought you may have thought it was what he was looking for...

sorry i ruined all your memories of grand pa.

And I'm the dripping ****. . . . Live with that.

All your righteous indignation, and you end up admitting you're trolling to derail what might have been a pleasant conversation. I'm not heartbroken or anything. But be honest about yourself for a second.

Perineum Ripper 12-23-2016 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12635592)

If it isn't a problem I would appreciate that

SAUTO 12-23-2016 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635652)
'different body style' is ambiguous, and dismissive. Don't forget dismissive.

Different body style can be as different as Jonathan and Red Delicious Apples, or as different as ants and baleen whales.

Neither was relevant to the conversation, because the conversation was about sentimental value of grandpa's truck, not the General Motors chassis development team. So I asked you to clarify what you meant and why you thought it relevant.

no different body style only means one thing in regards to this conversation.

you are the one trying to make it SO much more.

dude i seriously dont get where you are so pissed here.

sorry the holidays are obviously rougher for you than most, hope you find some enjoyment out of life.

SAUTO 12-23-2016 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12635659)
And I'm the dripping ****. . . . Live with that.

All your righteous indignation, and you end up admitting you're trolling to derail what might have been a pleasant conversation. I'm not heartbroken or anything. But be honest about yourself for a second.

i'll be fine with myself.

and link to me admitting to being a troll here please, or just shut the **** up and walk away.