ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328296)

TomahawkChump 01-31-2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14762831)
think so? We'll see. Promise to come back and take your ass-whoopin' after the game?

Congratulations on hitting 100+ posts in this thread with no thoughtful text outside of, "Promise to come back". Hard to imagine what this place would be like without your thoughtful posts.

Marcellus 01-31-2020 01:31 PM

Idiots on twitter telling me Buckner is better than Jones and Bosa is better than Clark.

Bosa is a stud and he could end up being epically good but even being healthy the whole season his stats almost mirror Clark's and Clark wasn't healthy.

Sherman wasn't as good as Ward this season and HB was better than Ward etc...

I think we actually have the better overall defense at this point.

Chris Meck 01-31-2020 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomahawkChump (Post 14762855)
Congratulations on hitting 100+ posts in this thread with no thoughtful text outside of, "Promise to come back". Hard to imagine what this place would be like without your thoughtful posts.

well, you're not interested in actual discourse.

I've actually outlined quite a lot in terms of factual discussion.

You guys have no answer for that.

New World Order 01-31-2020 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14762857)
Idiots on twitter telling me Buckner is better than Jones and Bosa is better than Clark.

Bosa is a stud and he could end up being epically good but even being healthy the whole season his stats almost mirror Clark's and Clark wasn't healthy.

Sherman wasn't as good as Ward this season and HB was better than Ward etc...

I think we actually have the better overall defense at this point.

Clark is better than Bosa right now but Bosa will eventually be better than Clark.

Jones>Buckner

Clark>Bosa

Suggs=Ford

Halfcan 01-31-2020 01:36 PM

All of these 69er trolls keep sidestepping that their QB is Jimmy Grapes and on the other side is Mahomes.

Their only answer for having an overpaid, turnover-prone QB is that their defense is so amazing, that it will shut Mahomes down to cancel out this huge edge the Chiefs have.

Good luck with that.

New World Order 01-31-2020 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14762889)
All of these 69er trolls keep sidestepping that their QB is Jimmy Grapes and on the other side is Mahomes.

Their only answer for having an overpaid, turnover-prone QB is that their defense is so amazing, that it will shut Mahomes down to cancel out this huge edge the Chiefs have.

Good luck with that.

The same defense that gave up 24+ (twice) to a rookie quarterback in Kyler Murray, 30+ to Jared freaking Goff, 45+ to NO etc..

Their d has also looked worse the second half of the season.

Chris Meck 01-31-2020 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14762899)
The same defense that gave up 24+ (twice) to a rookie quarterback in Kyler Murray, 30+ to Jared freaking Goff, 45+ to NO etc..

Their d has looked worse the second half of the season.

but...but...they're ELITE! And also, CHIEFS SUCK!

Marcellus 01-31-2020 01:41 PM

Wasn't Ward a top 3 rated CB by PFF?

Sherman cant play man on a single WR KC has, Ward has been playing mostly man with little help all season if I remember correctly.

Marcellus 01-31-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14762899)

Their d has also looked worse the second half of the season.

But injuries!!!

As if KC hasn't has injuries on the defense including losing 2 starting DE for the season.

New World Order 01-31-2020 01:48 PM

When they finally started playing some legit offenses, the SF d gave up 26 ppg in the second half of the season.

In the last 8 games they gave up 26 or more 5 times. It very well could have been 6 if Seattle could've gained another inch on their last play against SF in week 17.

They're so overrated.

Andoverer 01-31-2020 01:48 PM

Here's a question for you '9er followers..If you guys win the coin toss do you typically take the opening kick or defer to the 2nd half?

Andy likes to defer and get the ball first in the 2nd half and more often than not it seems to go that way for us.

Oh and the Chiefs will win this.

dirk digler 01-31-2020 01:54 PM

Bill Barnwell on ESPN.com wrote a 100 page dissertation on this game but in the end picked the 49ers and had the Chiefs only scoring 23 pts. Yeah I can't see the 49ers holding down our now healthy offense to just 23 pts. If they do that then they deserve to win.

Quote:

The Chiefs have been able to overcome sloppy play on defense and special teams by scoring at an astronomical, unsustainable rate on offense, even by Mahomes' incredible standards. The 49ers won't shut down Mahomes, and I would be worried about a fourth-quarter comeback if the 49ers are winning once the pass rush begins to tire and Reid finds a weakness, but this is the best defense Mahomes has faced during the postseason by a considerable margin. The 49ers should be better along the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball in this game, and that has won football games for a century now. If Mahomes can overcome those advantages and still guide Reid to his first Super Bowl victory, we'll be lucky enough to see it. 49ers 27, Chiefs 23

staylor26 01-31-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 14762949)
Bill Barnwell on ESPN.com wrote a 100 page dissertation on this game but in the end picked the 49ers and had the Chiefs only scoring 23 pts. Yeah I can't see the 49ers holding down our now healthy offense to just 23 pts. If they do that then they deserve to win.

Lol no respect for our OL and DL like everybody else.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-31-2020 01:58 PM

I’ve seen some stuff out there about how Wisniewski is supposed to struggle mightily against Buckner’s length... so I decided to start digging.

And I found that Wisniewski and LDT are both actually much longer armed than one of the Saints guards (Nick Easton) that played when they had so much offensive success. They are also both just barely behind Larry Warford in arm length, the other Saints guard.

They are also both longer than Cardinals guard Justin Pugh, another team that scored a solid amount of points relatively speaking on that defense, twice.

Moral of the story, that aspect of the game seems overanalyzed. I’m sure they’ll get the best of our interior at times, but it should not have a game altering effect IMO.

The Franchise 01-31-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14762960)
Lol no respect for our OL and DL like everybody else.

All I’ve heard is that this game will be won in the trenches and that their DL is better than our OL....and their OL is better than our DL.