ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ian Rap: “Berry is improving” (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317500)

Marcellus 09-21-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13750513)
I mean that we keep hearing that from the team, but he still isn't even practicing. How can we not be reminded of Houston's situation with his knee where he was held out for most of the season and then came back clearly not the same, and ended up needing surgery anyway.

I don't understand your point. If Berry needs surgery this is all moot.

I'm pretty sure they have been clear on this, they are being careful with him because they don't want a repeat of last season.

If they thought he was hosed they would have put him on IR, they didn't so obviously they expected him back sooner.

I don't understand what people want done differently here or what could be done differently.

htismaqe 09-21-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13750524)
I don't understand your point. If Berry needs surgery this is all moot.

I'm pretty sure they have been clear on this, they are being careful with him because they don't want a repeat of last season.

If they thought he was hosed they would have put him on IR, they didn't so obviously they expected him back sooner.

I don't understand what people want done differently here or what could be done differently.

If I understand correctly, he's not saying he wants anything done differently. He's just worried Berry's issues are worse than everybody thinks...

RunKC 09-21-2018 02:35 PM

Just want them to quit saying he’s “day to day”. He isn’t. He hasn’t practiced for 40 days.

Mecca 09-21-2018 02:41 PM

The whole situation is rather annoying, they act like he has some mystery injury and have no idea when anything will improve.

penguinz 09-21-2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13750483)
It isn't normal for achilles tendonitis to persist for more than 6 weeks, so one would think they'd do the MR to rule it out.

You have no clue about this. Tendinitis can last a very long time.

Also a good chance it isn’t tendinitis and is tendonosis. Hopefully for him it is tendinitis. I have tendonosis in both Achilles and have already had one reconstructed. Not the most pleasant thing to deal with.

Eleazar 09-21-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13750529)
If I understand correctly, he's not saying he wants anything done differently. He's just worried Berry's issues are worse than everybody thinks...

Yes, thanks.

Bwana 09-21-2018 03:18 PM

The guy is turning out to be a very high priced cheerleader.

dirk digler 09-21-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13750553)
The whole situation is rather annoying, they act like he has some mystery injury and have no idea when anything will improve.

Reid said this last week. I can sort of relate because when I had knee\leg surgery I used my other leg to compensate and when my surgically repaired knee\leg started getting better my good leg Achilles started hurting and I actually heard\felt it pop because of all the over compensation on that leg that had occurred. It scared the shit out of me because I thought I had blown my Achilles just walking to the bathroom.

Doctor said I had tennis leg and would recover in 4-6 weeks which it did. Occasionally it still bothers me though.

Quote:

Reid said Berry and the Chiefs are “waiting for everything to calm down in the Achilles area, so we’re just being cautious with it.”

Easy 6 09-21-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13750553)

Pretty much

Its turned into a long, drawn out soap opera with no plot resolution in sight

farmerchief 09-21-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13750541)
Just want them to quit saying he’s “day to day”. He isn’t. He hasn’t practiced for 40 days.

Yea, they need to change it to "week to week" or "month to month"!

dirk digler 09-21-2018 03:43 PM

Of course they originally said it was a heel issue. If he isn't back in a couple of weeks we can officially be worried.

Hammock Parties 09-21-2018 04:03 PM

Reminds me of LJ with his foot.

Marcellus 09-21-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13750529)

There is an overall air of implication in most posts that something was done "wrong" by the Chiefs here and I have yet to figure out what that is.

Marcellus 09-21-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13750665)
Pretty much

Its turned into a long, drawn out soap opera with no plot resolution in sight

Well see that's not true, the only soap opera is here. I see no soap opera on this topic anywhere else in media, on line on, on radio, on TV etc....

htismaqe 09-21-2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13750860)
There is an overall air of implication in most posts that something was done "wrong" by the Chiefs here and I have yet to figure out what that is.

I don't see that but that's probably just a matter of perspective.