ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***** 2017 Chiefs Training Camp Megathread ***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308928)

ToxSocks 08-08-2017 10:52 AM

I don't really care who wins the battle between West and Spiller. Both will rarely see snaps as Ware/Hunt will gobble the snap count. West hasn't really shown anything that makes him indispensable. He can't afford to have back to back down seasons.

May the best man win.

penbrook 08-08-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12998174)
I don't really care who wins the battle between West and Spiller. Both will rarely see snaps as Ware/Hunt will gobble the snap count. West hasn't really shown anything that makes him indispensable. He can't afford to have back to back down seasons.

May the best man win.

West is a very good receiving threat and is explosive.

O.city 08-08-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12998173)
If he's so hurt that he can't play, put him on the PUP and assign Spiller to the 53, as he'll likely be injured or out by the 6th game, anyway.

Regardless, I just don't see them cutting bait with West because when healthy, he's explosive.

Plus, there's Dead Cap money associated with cutting him but with Spiller, he's clean off the books.

That's my issue though, when healthy, spiller is explosive as well. He's just not healthy very often the past couple years

penbrook 08-08-2017 10:55 AM

We need to win a super bowl ring for DJ. He deserves it more than anybody on this team

ToxSocks 08-08-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12998178)
West is a very good receiving threat and is explosive.

He wasn't last year....

The jury is still out on West. He had a good season followed by a down season. Like i said, he needs another good season, and that starts with staying healthy and putting in a strong camp.

Halfcan 08-08-2017 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12998182)
We need to win a super bowl ring for DJ. He deserves it more than anybody on this team

The fans deserve it too.

saphojunkie 08-08-2017 11:03 AM

Who knows what happens with this team. So far, the Reid administration is not one for predictable roster moves. Would anyone be TRULY surprised if final cuts left the QBs as:

Smith
Mahomes
Stave

with Bray being traded or cut? I know it's nowhere near the odds-on favorite, but I didn't expect them to cut Murray so unceremoniously, either.

I didn't expect Maclin cut.

And Poe not re-signed.

I didn't expect Chris Jones to be the leader of the DL. Or Bennie Logan to be starting. Or Terrence Mitchell to be unseating Gaines.

This team is unpredictable, and I love it.

raybec 4 08-08-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12998164)
I believe Vick will make the team before Stave does

That's bold of you.Way to go out on a limb.

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12998181)
That's my issue though, when healthy, spiller is explosive as well. He's just not healthy very often the past couple years

4 years, not a couple, FOUR.

The dude was dumped by the ****ing Jets, man.

Rasputin 08-08-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12998182)

Dustin was drafted same year and he deserves a medal for not having his leg fall off.

Rasputin 08-08-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 12998195)
Who knows what happens with this team. So far, the Reid administration is not one for predictable roster moves. Would anyone be TRULY surprised if final cuts left the QBs as:

Smith
Mahomes
Stave

with Bray being traded or cut? I know it's nowhere near the odds-on favorite, but I didn't expect them to cut Murray so unceremoniously, either.

And Poe not re-signed.

I didn't expect Chris Jones to be the leader of the DL. Or Bennie Logan to be starting. Or Terrence Mitchell to be unseating Gaines.

Stave has absolutely no business being on this team or any team. He is the definition of camp fodder. Bray will lucky make this team or dropped for another if Chiefs can find someone of some value to them out of the heap pile. Every team has to cut to 53 but i forget the deadline.

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 12998195)

Smith
Mahomes
Stave

And Poe not re-signed.

Maclin deserved to be cut, so it wasn't truly a surprise, other than the timing. Poe's play has been on the decline since back surgery in 2015, so letting him walk was a no-brainer. Since they paid Bennie Logan $8 million, I expected him to start. Phillip Gaines is made of glass, so being unseated by a guy that can stay healthy isn't a surprise, either.

The biggest issue this roster has faced since Reid arrived is the QB position, especially the 3rd QB position. Daniel and Foles won games for the Chiefs, so I'm sure that whomever Reid chooses to be the #2 can come in an dink and dunk his way to a victory.

But the 3rd string developmental guy that can become a solid, long term #2 has alluded him. Murray and Hogan weren't the answer. It's hard to believe but after 4 years, no one knows if Bray is capable of leading this team to a win if the starter or backup is injured and Stave seems like a Practice Squad arm.

If they actually let Smith go before the 2018 season, the Chiefs will need not one but two QB's to back up the starter, something they haven't had much success with in the draft.

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12998203)
Stave has absolutely no business being on this team or any team. He is the definition of camp fodder.

Was he awful at TC last weekend?

Titty Meat 08-08-2017 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12998211)

He was bad in college.

Tribal Warfare 08-08-2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12998022)
If you ever doubt MVP again I will punch you in the ****ing face...

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12998020)
So are we gonna go for it on fourth down everytime since we don't have a kicker. Or is Colquitt gonna try

Doubting the MVP is like hating Jesus and loving Communism.

Marcellus 08-08-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12997979)
And you can't blame the losses on the team but use the line "All Smith does is win!".

I agree.

I stated we lost the Pitt game mainly because of Smith.

bigjosh 08-08-2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12998197)
4 years, not a couple, FOUR.

The dude was dumped by the ****ing Jets, man.

he appeared in 6 games last year and 13 the previous year for the saints. While with the saints he didnt get many touches because of the Logjam at RB, and the saints dont run the ball much anyway. Pierre Thomas, Mark Ingram, Khiry Robinson.

The guy has only had a little over 900 offensive touches in the NFL. to put that in perspective Jamaal Charles has had over 1600 in almost the same amount of time.

I think Spiller still has some in the tank.

penbrook 08-08-2017 11:20 AM

The Chiefs worked out Kicker Conrad Ukropina from Stanford. He set basically every single Stanford kicking record

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 12998231)
he appeared in 6 games last year and 13 the previous year for the saints. While with the saints he didnt get many touches because of the Logjam at RB, and the saints dont run the ball much anyway. Pierre Thomas, Mark Ingram, Khiry Robinson.

The guy has only had a little over 900 offensive touches in the NFL. to put that in perspective Jamaal Charles has had over 1600 in almost the same amount of time.

I think Spiller still has some in the tank.

He had 112 yards in 2015 with the Saints and 18 yards combined between the Jets and Seahawks in 2016.

He's 30 years old and hasn't had a decent season since 2013, when he rushed for 933 yards.

He was 26 years old at the time.

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter Libby (Post 12998217)
He was bad in college.

If he was "bad" in college, there's no way he'd be on the Chiefs roster.

He must have something that Reid likes or he wouldn't have been signed to the PS last year or have made the cut through OTA's and minicamps.

That said, he's far from a guaranteed roster spot and I look forward to seeing him on the field Friday night.

Titty Meat 08-08-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12998285)
If he was "bad" in college, there's no way he'd be on the Chiefs roster.

He must have something that Reid likes or he wouldn't have been signed to the PS last year or have made the cut through OTA's and minicamps.

That said, he's far from a guaranteed roster spot and I look forward to seeing him on the field Friday night.

He's the 4th stringer man. He was bad hell Jake Heaps was awful in college and played in some pre season games. Stave sucks it's a waste of reps Mahomes should be getting.

Why Not? 08-08-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12998027)
He has scored several TD's so far, if he does that in games- there is no way he makes it to the practice squad.

I hope you're right. Nobody on this board would be happier if he makes the Chiefs 53 than I would

RunKC 08-08-2017 12:03 PM

Pat makes it look so easy

https://mobile.twitter.com/pgsween/s...35128396443653

https://mobile.twitter.com/pgsween/s...32257936474115

TimeForWasp 08-08-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12998131)
Hill
Conley
Wilson
Robinson
Chesson
Thomas

I haven't heard much about conley. I'm not high on that dude.

bigjosh 08-08-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12998280)
He had 112 yards in 2015 with the Saints and 18 yards combined between the Jets and Seahawks in 2016.

He's 30 years old and hasn't had a decent season since 2013, when he rushed for 933 yards.

He was 26 years old at the time.

He has been buried behind good running backs since leaving Buffalo. I already stated who he was behind in NO. In NY he was behind Matt Forte and Bilal Powell. And he was only with seattle for 2 games. The guy is not here to be the number one . He is depth, who may get on the field once in a while. I trust him to do more on the field than West.

Rasputin 08-08-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12998211)

Eh Stave hardly got any reps before they would go to different drills. He may have gotten a rep or two compared to Tyler & Patrick 5 or 6 reps each and Alex several.

I think several times he didn't get any reps for practice. Like the under center exchange and handoff to the running back I think he only got one rep and that was right in front of us but they move on quickly when someone blows the air horn to the next drill. I couldn't tell you if he sucked or not because of his lack of opportunity. They also had other drills going on at the same time I probably didn't pay as much attention to him.

penbrook 08-08-2017 12:39 PM

Damn he's done

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala
CJ Anderson will play no more than 3 series with first team. Jamaal Charles will NOT play Thursday.

BlackOp 08-08-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12998353)
Damn he's done

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala
CJ Anderson will play no more than 3 series with first team. Jamaal Charles will NOT play Thursday.

The more time passes...the more you realize Charles will be the last to accept his career is over.

Shame he went out crying to the press...another accurate move by Dorsey.

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 12998309)
He has been buried behind good running backs since leaving Buffalo. I already stated who he was behind in NO. In NY he was behind Matt Forte and Bilal Powell. And he was only with seattle for 2 games. The guy is not here to be the number one . He is depth, who may get on the field once in a while. I trust him to do more on the field than West.

Oh, come on. He's done.

He's got talent and speed but at age 30 and with multiple injuries over the years, his body won't be able to withstand the pounding of a 16 game season, even if he's just a kick returner and 3rd down back.

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12998358)
another accurate move by Dorsey.

Dorsey had zero choice in the matter.

Beside the fact that Charles wasn't healthy and still isn't healthy, Dorsey ****ed up the cap so badly that Charles and his $5.3 million dollar cap hit had to go.

BlackOp 08-08-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12998372)
Dorsey had zero choice in the matter.

Beside the fact that Charles wasn't healthy and still isn't healthy, Dorsey ****ed up the cap so badly that Charles and his $5.3 million dollar cap hit had to go.

That's not entirely true...Charles said they didn't even try to offer a new contract. His bloated cap hit played a part...no doubt, but they also didnt think he had anything left.

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12998391)
That's not entirely true...Charles said they didn't even try to offer a new contract. His Bloated cap hit played a part...no doubt but they also didnt think he anything left.

And why would they? He's done, man.

Done.

Also, he bitched about the Chiefs not asking him to restructure, then blabbed an all out assault against the Chiefs while praising the Broncos.

Can you imagine what would have happened if he had been asked to restructure?

Dude's a pampered baby.

BlackOp 08-08-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12998393)
And why would they? He's done, man.

Done.

Also, he bitched about the Chiefs not asking him to restructure, then blabbed an all out assault against the Chiefs while praising the Broncos.

Can you imagine what would have happened if he had been asked to restructure?

Dude's a pampered baby.

Also..Dorsey structured Charles's contract that he could be cut without any dead money on the books. So it wasn't that terrible...

jjchieffan 08-08-2017 01:20 PM

I've been hoping since the day he signed with the Donks that he was done and wouldn't make the team. I loved watching him play. But I will be done with him if he is effective at all for the cheating Donks.

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12998401)
Also..Dorsey structured Charles's contract that he could be cut without any dead money on the books. So it wasn't that terrible...

He was overpaid and earned more than $7 million in 2016 for 12 rushing attempts.

It was a bad contract for the Chiefs.

BlackOp 08-08-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12998408)
He was overpaid and earned more than $7 million in 2016 for 12 rushing attempts.

It was a bad contract for the Chiefs.

Yeah..but when they signed him..he was like 50% of the offense and the only legitimate offensive superstar...showed good faith in the veterans that produced.

Nobody can plan on career ending injuries...you wouldn't sign anyone.

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12998411)
Yeah..but when they signed him..he was like 50% of the offense and the only legitimate offensive superstar...showed good faith in the veterans that produced.

Nobody can plan on career ending injuries...you wouldn't sign anyone.

Dude, Dorsey repeatedly gave out shitty contracts, whether it was Bowe or Maclin or Charles or Joe Mays or Dunta Robinson and on and on and on.

He constantly overpaid people, which was part of his undoing.

jjchieffan 08-08-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12998424)
Dude, Dorsey repeatedly gave out shitty contracts, whether it was Bowe or Maclin or Charles or Joe Mays or Dunta Robinson and on and on and on.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But at the time that Dorsey re-signed Charles, wasn't that deal viewed to be a very good deal for the Chiefs? If he hadn't gotten hurt, was it really a bad deal? As far as the rest. Yeah. Dorsey overpaid.

BlackOp 08-08-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12998424)

They had no choice with Bowe...he was the #2 rated FA WR that year and the draft was horrifically terrible for receivers. You should revisit the list of WRs from that class.. KC didnt have a 2nd round pick either...

That was purely a situational signing...they couldn't go into their/Smith's first season without a #1 WR.

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12998441)
Correct me if I'm wrong. But at the time that Dorsey re-signed Charles, wasn't that deal viewed to be a very good deal for the Chiefs? If he hadn't gotten hurt, was it really a bad deal? As far as the rest. Yeah. Dorsey overpaid.

I guess it depends on your perspective. I felt he was overpaid and said as much.

Charles was paid just shy of $23 million dollars for 2014-2016, which averages more than $7 million per year, which is absurd for a running back in today's NFL.

Charles earned $13.2 million in 2015-2016 and the Chiefs paid $32,673 dollars per yard or $2.64 million per TD for those 2 years.

Bad deal.

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12998443)
They had no choice with Bowe...he was the #2 rated FA WR that year and the draft was horrifically terrible for receivers. You should revisit the list of WRs from that class.. KC didnt have a 2nd round pick either...

That was purely a situational signing...they couldn't go into their/Smith's first season without a #1 WR.

They had a choice. There was no reason to pay him $11 million per year, just like there was no reason to pay Maclin $11 million per year.

It also had nothing to do with the draft class, as Dorsey made the decision and signed him on March 4th, 2013.

BlackOp 08-08-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12998452)
I guess it depends on your perspective. I felt he was overpaid and said as much.

Charles was paid just shy of $23 million dollars for 2014-2016, which averages more than $7 million per year, which is absurd for a running back in today's NFL.

Charles earned $13.2 million in 2015-2016 and the Chiefs paid $32,673 dollars per yard or $2.64 million per TD for those 2 years.

Bad deal.

Dude..you're acting like they gave him that contract after he was injured. He was playing great when they extended him...

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12998466)
Dude..you're acting like they gave him that contract after he was injured. He was playing great when they extended him...

His decline began in 2014 and he was overpaid

BlackOp 08-08-2017 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12998458)
They had a choice. There was no reason to pay him $11 million per year, just like there was no reason to pay Maclin $11 million per year.

It also had nothing to do with the draft class, as Dorsey made the decision and signed him on March 4th, 2013.

That makes no sense....Bowe would have got that money somewhere. He was franchise tagged the year before.. The FA WR market was barren...and teams were interested.

It had absolutely everything to do with that draft/FA class...KC had the #1 pick...then nothing until the 3rd round. Dorsey would have had an extensive amount of information about that WR class.

There are like 2 WRs that produced as a #1 WR level. Hopkins and Allen...Allen being the only one they could have had a shot at. If you want to get all retrospective about it...drafting Allen in third would have cost them Kelce.

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12998480)
That makes no sense....Bowe would have got that money somewhere. He was franchise tagged the year before.. The FA WR market was barren...and teams were interested.

It had absolutely everything to do with that draft/FA class...KC had the #1 pick...then nothing until the 3rd round. Dorsey would have had an extensive amount of information about that WR class.

There are like 2 WRs that produced as a #1 WR level. Hopkins and Allen...Allen being the only one they could have had a shot at.

Okay, sure, just excuse every ****ing mistake made by Dorsey.

:rolleyes:

What a bunch of horseshit.

jjchieffan 08-08-2017 02:09 PM

I'm somewhere in between you 2. Bowe was overpaid. That was a bad signing. But he was our best receiver at the time and our options were limited. I'm not sure what else could have been done. But that's why Dorsey got the big bucks. He was supposed to figure that stuff out. And he has gone on to overpay several others. The most recent was LDT. I like LDT, but there's no way he gets that much on the open market. Things like that have us in cap hell.

crazycoffey 08-08-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65TPT (Post 12998308)
I haven't heard much about conley. I'm not high on that dude.

He was solid when I went to TC. Saw him on a couple occasions talkin/coaching up other WRs. Plus he stayed after practice with PM, and another WR and worked on hand drills.

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12998509)
I'm somewhere in between you 2. Bowe was overpaid. That was a bad signing. But he was our best receiver at the time and our options were limited. I'm not sure what else could have been done. But that's why Dorsey got the big bucks. He was supposed to figure that stuff out. And he has gone on to overpay several others. The most recent was LDT. I like LDT, but there's no way he gets that much on the open market. Things like that have us in cap hell.

$9.4 million in Dead Cap space this year and nearly $5 million next year.

His free agent contracts sucked.

penbrook 08-08-2017 03:22 PM

Terez A. Paylor @TerezPaylor
The Chiefs have signed former Penn State kicker Sam Ficken, per sources.

Red Dawg 08-08-2017 03:24 PM

What? I know Santos is gimpy but he had the Doink!

I will pray for my little midget kicker.

thabear04 08-08-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 12998669)
What? I know Santos is gimpy but he had the Doink!

I will pray for my little midget kicker.

Out with a groin injury.

RealSNR 08-08-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12998667)
Terez A. Paylor @TerezPaylor
The Chiefs have signed former Penn State kicker Sam Ficken, per sources.

A bad sign.

Ficken is German for "to ****"

Rasputin 08-08-2017 03:48 PM

https://twitter.com/chiefs_fanly/sta...673600/photo/1

Tyler Bray shows off the deep ball in Chiefs’ 11th practice #ChiefsKingdom https://fanly.link/4212b5f1e7

Looks like Bray is not going go down without a fight showing some life that he is up for the task. Just where have all these reports been for Bray all camp? :hmmm:

penbrook 08-08-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12998711)
https://twitter.com/chiefs_fanly/sta...673600/photo/1

Tyler Bray shows off the deep ball in Chiefs’ 11th practice #ChiefsKingdom https://fanly.link/4212b5f1e7

Looks like Bray is not going go down without a fight showing some life that he is up for the task. Just where have all these reports been for Bray all camp? :hmmm:

He's been saving it for when the time counts.

Rasputin 08-08-2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12998729)
He's been saving it for when the time counts.

Well if he shows competency Friday night it may not matter how good Patrick looks Bray will be able to keep his job even though Patrick has all the upside.

It's not really geared to be fair but at least Patrick has to earn his spot rather than just given to him and that's good for him to be humble as a first round pick imo. I'd still rather go with Patrick as #2 but still got to see them both in live action ye ye ye ye

penbrook 08-08-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12998757)
Well if he shows competency Friday night it may not matter how good Patrick looks Bray will be able to keep his job even though Patrick has all the upside.

It's not really geared to be fair but at least Patrick has to earn his spot rather than just given to him and that's good for him to be humble as a first round pick imo. I'd still rather go with Patrick as #2 but still got to see them both in live action ye ye ye ye

May the best man win

thabear04 08-08-2017 04:39 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/chiefs-...7039--nfl.html

Chiefs QB Mahomes to start second half of preseason opener

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. (AP) -- It has been years since the Kansas City Chiefs gave their fans any reason to stick around after halftime of their preseason opener, when the starters and backups generally take a seat.

That will change Friday night.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid plans to give each of his quarterbacks a full quarter against the San Francisco 49ers. That means Alex Smith will start and veteran backup Tyler Bray will get the second quarter, while first-round draft pick Patrick Mahomes II will start the second half.

It's arguably the most anticipated preseason debut by a Chiefs rookie since 1983, which also was the last time Kansas City spent a first-round draft pick on a quarterback.

Asked what he wants to see out of his young signal caller, Reid replied: ''I'd tell you this with everyone: execute. Obviously the quarterbacks have a little more responsibility with all the calls and so on, but the main thing is to execute.''

Reid said most of the starters would play the first quarter alongside Smith, while the backups on the depth chart this week will have Bray under center. So whatever the outcome for Mahomes is Friday night, it must be examined through the prism of working with third-team players.

Likewise, it will almost certainly come against the second- and third-team 49ers defense.

That's one reason Reid was reticent Tuesday following the Chiefs' final open practice of the week to put too much stock in a single preseason game. He instead will lump the performances in a game setting along with what he's seen out of practice and the meeting rooms, and begin deliberating with his coaching staff on what will ultimately comprise his 53-man roster.

With changes to the cutdown rules, he'll also have three more games to examine.

''The first preseason game, everyone has an opportunity to play. After that, it's not guaranteed,'' Reid said. ''That kind of stuff has never changed. The thing you don't want to do is give another team, if possible, a good player. You want to make sure you do as thorough evaluation as you can.''

Several starters are also unlikely to play because of injuries, and at least one of them could force the Chiefs to make a roster move ahead of their preseason opener.

Reid indicated kicker Cairo Santos could be out while nursing a groin injury.

''We'll just monitor it and see how he does,'' said Reid, who had former Stanford kicker Conrad Ukropina and Liberty's John Lunsford in for an audition. ''We've got some kickers that are here to come in. We'll work those guys out just in case he can't go in this game.

''Other than that,'' Reid said, ''he's going to be fine. It's not a serious deal.''

Most of the other injury woes have occurred on defense.

Rookie lineman Tanoh Kpassagnon was the latest to go down with what Reid called shin splints. DT Bennie Logan has already been out with a knee injury, while second-year pro Chris Jones remains on the PUP list following offseason knee surgery.

DT Roy Miller, signed last week, continues to work his way back from a torn Achilles tendon sustained last October. He has yet to practice with the team.

In the secondary, star safety Eric Berry is unlikely to play while dealing with a heel injury that has sidelined him since Saturday. Cornerbacks De'Vante Bausby (ankle) and Jacoby Glenn (concussion) are also out, while linebackers Tamba Hali and Dadi Nicolas remain out with knee injuries.

The positive of all those injuries is that others will have an opportunity to stand out.

''You get to see them with the swings that happen in games. That is really what it is all about,'' defensive coordinator Bob Sutton said, ''is how you deal with these swings and can you get your focus right back in. Can you let that play go, good or bad, and get right into it? Or hey, we have had two or three series that have not gone the way we wanted it to go on defense. So can we get this thing back on track and get in position to win the game?

''We have a lot of young guys,'' Sutton said, ''so I think it will be exciting to see them.''

Halfcan 08-08-2017 05:29 PM

Calling Tyler Bray a veteran backup is a real stretch.

**** Bray.

Reerun_KC 08-08-2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12998957)

**** Bray.

People are calling Bray a veteran backup? Classic CP stupidity...

Kiimo 08-08-2017 06:07 PM

Friday at 6 can't get here fast enough. Oh hey I get out of work at 6. Sounds like I'm gonna need to jump out of here early and immediately start drinking.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-08-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12997956)
Can we give him a full preseason before $#itting all over him?...

No, because ThreebagsO'douchin' has firmly tied the remainder of his testicles to the Shitty-Shitty Bang-Bang Playnottolose Express.

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12999049)
People are calling Bray a veteran backup? Classic CP stupidity...

Classic stupidity on your part.

No one in this forum said that he was a veteran backup.

The writer of the article linked, Dave Skretta, wrote that description.

Beer goggles already?

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12998957)

**** Bray.

Yeah, that's really smart.

Chiefs fans had better hope that Bray improves this year because there aren't any reliable options on the market that know Reid's offense.

okcchief 08-08-2017 07:36 PM

I like the idea of Mahomes being 3rd string if he gets a full half week one. It will be the most interested I've ever been in the second half of a preseason game hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjchieffan 08-08-2017 07:41 PM

I'm not concerned with how much playing time he gets this week. It's just game one of the preseason. Game 4 is what I'm looking forward to. The starters will play one series, like always. Then I expect to see Mahomes play for a full half. Plus, he will have the full preseason under his belt and should be our most indicative view of him.

Reerun_KC 08-08-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 12999365)
I like the idea of Mahomes being 3rd string if he gets a full half week one. It will be the most interested I've ever been in the second half of a preseason game hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They hype for Mahomes pre season games will be electric... Can.Not.Wait...

Even though I have a company dinner Friday @ 6.

Sandy Vagina 08-08-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12999467)
They hype for Mahomes pre season games will be electric... Can.Not.Wait....

It really will be. :)

Reerun_KC 08-08-2017 08:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12999484)
It really will be. :)

You just Shitty rolled me

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-08-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12999467)
They hype for Mahomes pre season games will be electric... Can.Not.Wait...

An actual reason, to give an actual ****.

Haven't been able to say that for DECADES.

dirk digler 08-08-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12999216)
Yeah, that's really smart.

Chiefs fans had better hope that Bray improves this year because there aren't any reliable options on the market that know Reid's offense.

We don't need a veteran backup we have Mahomes. If Alice goes down I would want Mahomes to play anyway.

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 12999514)
We don't need a veteran backup we have Mahomes. If Alice goes down I would want Mahomes to play anyway.

Well, that's stupid

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-08-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

You'd best believe all the time they have put in to Bray has happened for one reason only:

FLIP.

Reerun_KC 08-08-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Bray is just as an unknown??? Still trying to remember when we've ever seen him in regular season let alone active for a game.

threebag 08-08-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12997981)
Couldn't agree more. I'm in the middle with all of this Alex Smith shit. I'm ready to move on, but I appreciate everything he's done and give credit where it's due.

He is due at least this. He will be a solid piece until Mahomes sinks or swims.

dirk digler 08-08-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12999518)
Well, that's stupid

If Alex went down in the middle of the season you wouldn't want Mahomes to come in and play?

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-08-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12999529)
Bray is just as an unknown??? Still trying to remember when we've ever seen him in regular season let alone active for a game.

He lit it up against the Green Bay scrubs one preseason, and that's pretty much his claim to fame in KC.
And if we don't have any reliable options for backup QB, then that tells me one of two things:

a) Reid the "GM" is a piss-poor planner. Or,

b) This shit with Bray as the backup is a complete ****ing ruse, they plan to FLIP his ass to a needy team provided he can demonstrate some skill, and Mahomes is going directly to the #2 slot when the season kicks in.

"But...but...STAVE, man"!

Who?

Uh-huh.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-08-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 12999536)
He is due at least this. He will be a solid piece until Mahomes sinks or swims.

I'll admit he has been solid.

And floaty.

And very hard indeed to flush.

There's a lot of fiber to that man, for sure.

Reerun_KC 08-08-2017 08:24 PM

Okay.... So no regular season games or active for games?

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-08-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12999567)
Okay.... So no regular season games or active for games?

**** no.

He's been riding that PUP the way hot sauce rides Reid's french fries.

dirk digler 08-08-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 12999521)
You'd best believe all the time they have put in to Bray has happened for one reason only:

FLIP.

That would be my plan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12999529)

I don't remember either.