ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***2024 NFL Free Agency*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352525)

Danguardace 03-18-2024 09:37 AM

I like Wanya as LT because a rookie LT no matter how highly draft will likely suck if asked to start straight away. Morris already had his welcome to the nfl moments so i expect him to improve next season with a bit of competition.

Woogieman 03-18-2024 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 17448449)
I like Wanya as LT because a rookie LT no matter how highly draft will likely suck if asked to start straight away. Morris already had his welcome to the nfl moments so i expect him to improve next season with a bit of competition.

I expect improvement as well, but you don't put Kumho tires on a Lamborghini. There has to be a veteran there to share snaps at best....no way can he be "the man", unless his off-season has been miraculous.

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-18-2024 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woogieman (Post 17448460)
I expect improvement as well, but you don't put Kumho tires on a Lamborghini. There has to be a veteran there to share snaps at best....no way can he be "the man", unless his off-season has been miraculous.

Yup. If Wanya showed promise despite being a rookie, this would be a different conversation. He looked like burnt toast out there.

kccrow 03-18-2024 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17448429)
I’ve heard/seen nothing about the Chiefs looking at LT options.

I can’t believe they’re that confident with Wanya. I also can’t believe they’d just wait and see in the draft.

Think maybe they have something worked out with Donovan Smith to come back if he doesn’t get big money somewhere else?

The Chiefs are always pretty hard to get info on visits about but we've for sure met with Jordan Morgan, Taliese Fuaga, Patrick Paul, Blake Larson (DII RT), and Garret Greenfield. Those aren't the big names but Fuaga is a 1st rounder, Morgan is probably a 1st rounder and Paul is a 2nd rounder. I'm sure it's safe to say they've met with more than that.

ForeverChiefs58 03-18-2024 10:09 AM

Chiefs not even mentioned

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former Chargers’ WR Mike Williams is scheduled to visit this week with the Jets, Panthers and Steelers, per source. Jets up first with Williams arriving Monday night.<br><br>Also, with the Chargers having traded WR Keenan Allen, they also are interested in bringing back Williams.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1769508869821104179?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 17, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gravedigger 03-18-2024 10:24 AM

Back to drafting for replacement for contracts we're not going to renew.

In no particular order:
T for D. Smith
CB for Sneed
S for Reid
G for T. Smith
Dline for take your pick
WR for take your pick

Double up on WR or get a young TE if we resign Donovan Smith, keep Sneed, etc

ToxSocks 03-18-2024 10:24 AM

With Brown signed, the Mike Williams dream sailed. No way they'd use that much cap space on two vet WR's, unless they traded Sneed, with a draft class like this one. Still gotta get a LT and some depth signings.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-18-2024 10:25 AM

Looking at those teams, someone there is gonna overpay for Williams. Better them than us.

Still want and expect another vet added, even if it's simply Hardman. We badly need to support the floor of the room against injury.

The Franchise 03-18-2024 10:27 AM

Kinda surprised that he hasn't already signed a $100 million dollar contract with the Panthers already.

ToxSocks 03-18-2024 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17448514)
Looking at those teams, someone there is gonna overpay for Williams. Better them than us.

Still want and expect another vet added, even if it's simply Hardman. We badly need to support the floor of the room against injury.

The Quez Watkins rumor does make some sense. Maybe they even bring back Richie James.

chiefforlife 03-18-2024 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17448519)
The Quez Watkins rumor does make some sense. Maybe they even bring back Richie James.

Either of those make some sense.

If we end up bringing back Hardman, I see that as a failure.

If his last play as a Chief is catching the walk off win in the Superbowl, thats as good of a legacy as he will ever get.

Bringing him back will only remind us of how truly bad he actually is. Imagine if we had lost the Buffalo game because of his fumble? He is a mistake waiting to happen every time he touches the ball.

Sassy Squatch 03-18-2024 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17448514)

Room is probably done, outside of the draft.

Rice
Brown
Watson
Moore
Toney
Ross

Mecca 03-18-2024 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17448548)
Room is probably done, outside of the draft.

Rice
Brown
Watson
Moore
Toney
Ross

Uh Toney and Moore need to have realistic competition, those guys can't just be handed spots.

Sofa King 03-18-2024 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17448549)
Uh Toney and Moore need to have realistic competition, those guys can't just be handed spots.

They shouldn't have spots at all. Those bottom 4 wr's all are glaring issues. Watson is feasible as a 4th/5th wr

Sassy Squatch 03-18-2024 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17448549)

Well, unfortunately, that's probably what happens.