ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321485)

TambaBerry 12-15-2019 08:26 PM

Also you gave Eli his first passing touchdowns of the year

cdcox 12-15-2019 08:27 PM

I can't catch a break. I'm quite certain I am the best 2-5 team in the league.

TambaBerry 12-15-2019 08:28 PM

Also my defensive numbers are pretty impressive when you factor in my inept offense

Hammock Parties 12-15-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14658462)
Also you gave Eli his first passing touchdowns of the year

One of my corners was out.

It's fine, we got the dub.

DJ's left nut 12-15-2019 09:26 PM

Despite 3 interceptions and generally completely ineffective play by my sorry-ass street free agent quarterback, Columbia takes down the Russell Wilson led KC squad on a game-winning FG as time expires.

The Columbia defense stood tall again to limp this sucker home.

Really a piss-poor effort from Billays boys.

Solar Central has THREE teams at 6-1. Just insane.

MagicHef 12-15-2019 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14658419)
Don't sleep on Issaquah. Hef built a good squad. They can run the ball and get after the QB.

I thought I might get lucky and have a Rivers meltdown day but he ran the ball too effectively for it to come to that.

On another note, we're 7 games in and I've yet to force a single turnover.

Sorry about the TD on the last play of the game. I’d like to think I’m above running up the score, but apparently not.

ThaVirus 12-15-2019 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 14658637)
Sorry about the TD on the last play of the game. I’d like to think I’m above running up the score, but apparently not.

You're filthy Bronco scum so it's to be expected

Titty Meat 12-15-2019 09:51 PM

Gonna have a fantastic draft pick

ThaVirus 12-15-2019 09:55 PM

LMAO Billay, how do you field such a shit team with Russell Wilson at the helm?

wheeler08 12-15-2019 11:53 PM

The Crown Point RailSplitters took last weeks loss out on the San Marcos Salty Dogs, with their most dominating performance of the season. We proudly take back our title of
#1 scoring defense. Has anyone blocked a punt and returned it for a TD? I usually don’t read other teams pbp unless someone comments on the game.

Coach made some personnel changes along the defensive front and it really paid off with a season high 5 sacks (eat it Clay) Still getting killed with penalties. We’ll focus on cleaning that up. I take the blame for that.

If you was the opposing team today and had to read the play by play it would make you sick. Twice we received a punt, and Zeke scored on the first or second play of the drive with TD runs of 62 and 89 yards. After having another TD sniped from him, he finished the day with a total of 4 TDs/275yds Rushing/36 receiving. He walked off the field to the chants of “MVP” “MVP” “MVP”

Countdown to the coming of Bosa: 3 weeks

Hammock Parties 12-15-2019 11:55 PM

I'm already playing my best personnel, so no, I will not eat it.

For some reason, the sim thinks a Pro Bowl DT can't get a sack in 7 weeks.

wheeler08 12-15-2019 11:58 PM

Why do I have street free agent returning kicks with Cordarrell Patterson on my team? I think that should be an option to assign under game planning - lineup

DJ's left nut 12-16-2019 09:46 AM

I've spent 10 minutes trying to get the draft board to do ANYTHING on mobile in both explorer and Chrome.

Can't click, can't drag, cant do shit. Will try to get to a computer to make a pick but this draft interface is really rough.

TambaBerry 12-16-2019 11:08 AM

Danielle Hunter 14.5 sacks last season and 13.5 so far this season only has one sack in sandbox. its safe to say sacks are broken as ****

Hammock Parties 12-16-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14659380)
Danielle Hunter 14.5 sacks last season and 13.5 so far this season only has one sack in sandbox. its safe to say sacks are broken as ****

hey man you just need to coach better

the fact that cam heyward and danielle hunter are recording 4.4% of their real life production is just bad coaching

TambaBerry 12-16-2019 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14659404)
hey man you just need to coach better

the fact that cam heyward and danielle hunter are recording 4.4% of their real life production is just bad coaching

damn bro apparently we suck at coaching

DJ's left nut 12-16-2019 03:52 PM

Just keep shovelin' over here in League 2.

Gonna see just how much difference scheme can make because man, this defense suuuuuucks (Though my Ward/Ward/Harris CB setup is pretty nice). Shoulda just grabbed a team from the start...

carlos3652 12-16-2019 09:29 PM

Quote:

why do you post 2019 numbers? Sim doesnt care...

DJ's left nut 12-17-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

I think y'all are still underestimating the impact of hindsight on this sim.

Think of how few sacks truly good starting lineman give up. Even BAD starting lineman aren't giving up a sack every game.

By and large it's backup quality guys that are getting smoked most weeks. And not only did we have an opportunity to sift through ONLY starting caliber lineman, we got to pick from the top 75% since we have 24 teams vs. 32.

The numbers may be a little low (especially since some guys like Ford, Mack and Donald are getting figures in-line with what you might expect), but I think we need to acknowledge that OL play is MUCH better in this sim given the fact that we knew the performance of these linemen before we drafted them, we had a bunch of surplus players AND we were able to backfill with quality depth because again, we KNEW what happened.

TambaBerry 12-17-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14661662)
I think y'all are still underestimating the impact of hindsight on this sim.

Think of how few sacks truly good starting lineman give up. Even BAD starting lineman aren't giving up a sack every game.

By and large it's backup quality guys that are getting smoked most weeks. And not only did we have an opportunity to sift through ONLY starting caliber lineman, we got to pick from the top 75% since we have 24 teams vs. 32.

The numbers may be a little low (especially since some guys like Ford, Mack and Donald are getting figures in-line with what you might expect), but I think we need to acknowledge that OL play is MUCH better in this sim given the fact that we knew the performance of these linemen before we drafted them, we had a bunch of surplus players AND we were able to backfill with quality depth because again, we KNEW what happened.

Doesn't explain why a bunch of no names are on the top of the sack list. If anything those guys shouldn't be getting sacks

carlos3652 12-17-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14661708)
Doesn't explain why a bunch of no names are on the top of the sack list. If anything those guys shouldn't be getting sacks

Its because the good players are getting double teamed and their counter part is benefiting.

Rain Man 12-17-2019 10:46 AM

I've been coaching Ryan Kerrigan up on his technique. It's really paying off.

DJ's left nut 12-17-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14661708)

I wouldn't say there are 'no-names'.

Kerrigan has been a good player for a long time. He's also an OLB so I suspect he's getting sent on blitzes a LOT. And you can have a 'scheme' win on a blitz.

Ford, Mack and Donald seems about right. Littleton and Brown are LBs who are also getting sent on blitzes.

Mario Addison is the only 'odd' name in there but he's been low-key among the most consistent pass-rushers in football over the last 3-4 years. He's not a great player, but he's a pretty solid pass rusher.

Just seems to me like the game plays pretty correctly in that a team that has 5 solid starting caliber OL ISN'T going to give up much pressure at all to 4 man fronts. How often does a team truly just send 4 and get there with their DL?

It happens, but it's gonna happen a LOT less in a league that starts 120 offensive lineman instead of 160 AND gives you the benefit if hindsight in picking who those lineman will be.

You're gonna have to scheme pressure, IMO. Things will change going forward as nobody will know how their OL performed and whether or not they stayed healthy, etc.... So you'll have a more 'true' simulation because you're gonna be playing against teams that are going to have to start dudes who were backups in the NFL or even street free agents. Then you'll have your guys get your numbers.

But expecting DL to just straight up beat quality starters every week at the same rate they are in the NFL against a thinner talent pool is just ignoring the advantages we had in assembling our rosters.

wheeler08 12-17-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14661766)
I've been coaching Ryan Kerrigan up on his technique. It's really paying off.

PM me your secret because I made him my top pick once I joined second league lol. I’d never heard of him till this sim!

Hammock Parties 12-17-2019 11:22 AM

No, DJ. It's bad programming when the sack rate is 4.4% of what it was in real life for two elite pass rushers.

Rain Man 12-17-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14661823)
PM me your secret because I made him my top pick once I joined second league lol. I’d never heard of him till this sim!

Well, to be honest I've been 'filming documentaries' at other teams' practices. But it works.

Hmm, we should make that an optional additional purchase for the game.

ntexascardfan 12-17-2019 11:36 AM

I've played this baseball sim on and off for the last 15 years. https://www.csfbl.com/index.html

I've found that I enjoy the quirks of it that don't fully align with what happens in the MLB. It'd be pretty boring if this game were as simple as drafting or signing dudes whose previous real NFL season was great.

Maybe the programming needs refined, it probably does...however, it's also entirely possible that you aren't putting your sackmasters in the best possible position to succeed.

Hammock Parties 12-17-2019 11:38 AM

That's literally not an option in gameplanning. All I can control is the percentage of snaps they play.

It's not like I play them half the time, or play DEs at OLB. FFS.

DJ's left nut 12-17-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14661881)
That's literally not an option in gameplanning. All I can control is the percentage of snaps they play.

It's not like I play them half the time, or play DEs at OLB. FFS.

Your secondary barely even qualifies as 'bad'. It's friggen trash.

And you're complaining that down linemen aren't able to get to the quarterback in the 1.5 seconds it takes for one of your scrub-ass corners to lose coverage?

"RAWR!!! WHY AREN'T MY WASHED UP CORNERS AND BACKUPS CREATING COVERAGE SACKS FOR JASON PIERRE PAUL!!!!"

I'd imagine watching your defense right now is about like watching the Chiefs vs. the Patriots in the playoffs last year.

For the record, JPP didn't even qualify as a GOOD pass-rusher last season when viewing his advanced metrics. He was adequate at best. That dude just isn't very good.

So you're running one genuine asset at end in Clark (who again, by advanced metrics was a good but not elite pass rusher) a mostly replacement level guy in JPP and a bad set of aging CBs and grousing that you're not getting sacks when every owner in this league had the benefit of hindsight and a deep talent pool in assembling their OL.

Myles Garrett was genuinely elite last season and Ngakoue was slightly better than Clark - I have 4 sacks out of the 2 of them COMBINED (1 sack from Garrett is a far greater injustice than anything you're wailing about and that's w/ a deep secondary) and you don't hear me bitching like a kid with a skinned knee.

TambaBerry 12-17-2019 11:55 AM

the game is only like this at the moment, the farther we get into the game it wont be us drafting based on previous seasons. We'll be having rookie drafts without them ever playing a snap

DJ's left nut 12-17-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14661907)
the game is only like this at the moment, the farther we get into the game it wont be us drafting based on previous seasons. We'll be having rookie drafts without them ever playing a snap

Exactly.

When you don't know the outcomes in trying to put together your pass protection, this will change a TON.

You try to manipulate this engine to where someone like Jason Pierre Paul is getting double-digit sacks against teams comprised of OL's assembled with the benefit of hindsight and in the future it'll be damn near impossible to move the football.

The SIM is fine. Clay just cries a lot.

Rain Man 12-17-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14661907)

Yeah, that's going to be the fun part. When your team takes some injury hits and you've got gaps to fill and you're squinting at draft sheets trying to figure out who's going to be good when they're just coming out of college.

DJ's left nut 12-17-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14661935)
Yeah, that's going to be the fun part. When your team takes some injury hits and you've got gaps to fill and you're squinting at draft sheets trying to figure out who's going to be good when they're just coming out of college.

Filling up depth is going to be so damn hard.

Trying to find a guy to play Nickel CB from you while sifting through the 50th man on NFL rosters to see who could end up getting playing time will be a chore. And not only do they need playing time, they need to not suck.

The number of Rashad Fentons that slide under the radar will be unreal.

And I'm looking forward to someone drafting a Davis Webb sort, giving him a 5 year deal as a 1st round quarterback and then watching him go in the 3rd and then be out of football 2 years later.

Though in some ways the amateur draft will be easier than finding veteran depth.

Rain Man 12-17-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14661939)
Filling up depth is going to be so damn hard.

Trying to find a guy to play Nickel CB from you while sifting through the 50th man on NFL rosters to see who could end up getting playing time will be a chore. And not only do they need playing time, they need to not suck.

The number of Rashad Fentons that slide under the radar will be unreal.

And I'm looking forward to someone drafting a Davis Webb sort, giving him a 5 year deal as a 1st round quarterback and then watching him go in the 3rd and then be out of football 2 years later.

Though in some ways the amateur draft will be easier than finding veteran depth.

Yeah, an advantage in the rookie draft will be that you know how at least one NFL team valued a guy, so it helps with risk management. But like the NFL, the key will be figuring out how to avoid the busts and find the value. It seems easy when you're not the one doing it.

ntexascardfan 12-17-2019 03:43 PM

I'm curious to see how the conversation re: pass rush here translates to my team. I don't have any elite pass rushers, but have been working to build up solid tacklers at all levels of my defense. I guess I feel like if getting home isn't a consistent safe bet, I might as well minimize the damage after catch and be strong v. the run.

I have Jordan Hicks, De'Vondre Campbell, and Bud Dupree in my linebacker corp. Just picked up Budda Baker who I'll use at free safety. He's listed as a CB in the game, so I'm excited to lock him up long term at a discount once he makes that switch.

My starting D-line is Chris Jones, Gerald McCoy (who PFF has really liked this season), and Derek Wolfe.

On paper it feels good...but it's hard to really know how good it really is when you're looking at 24 teams v. 32.

ThaVirus 12-17-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14661813)
I wouldn't say there are 'no-names'.

Kerrigan has been a good player for a long time. He's also an OLB so I suspect he's getting sent on blitzes a LOT. And you can have a 'scheme' win on a blitz.

Ford, Mack and Donald seems about right. Littleton and Brown are LBs who are also getting sent on blitzes.

Mario Addison is the only 'odd' name in there but he's been low-key among the most consistent pass-rushers in football over the last 3-4 years. He's not a great player, but he's a pretty solid pass rusher.

Just seems to me like the game plays pretty correctly in that a team that has 5 solid starting caliber OL ISN'T going to give up much pressure at all to 4 man fronts. How often does a team truly just send 4 and get there with their DL?

It happens, but it's gonna happen a LOT less in a league that starts 120 offensive lineman instead of 160 AND gives you the benefit if hindsight in picking who those lineman will be.

You're gonna have to scheme pressure, IMO. Things will change going forward as nobody will know how their OL performed and whether or not they stayed healthy, etc.... So you'll have a more 'true' simulation because you're gonna be playing against teams that are going to have to start dudes who were backups in the NFL or even street free agents. Then you'll have your guys get your numbers.

But expecting DL to just straight up beat quality starters every week at the same rate they are in the NFL against a thinner talent pool is just ignoring the advantages we had in assembling our rosters.

Addison had a 4-sack performance for me a couple games ago that boosted his numbers.

It’s not unheard of. Adrian Clayborn recorded 6 sacks in a game once upon a time and that dude’s buns.

ThaVirus 12-17-2019 05:07 PM

Clay really is just a crybaby ass bitch. You can tell dude was an only child.

Hammock Parties 12-17-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14661905)
Your secondary barely even qualifies as 'bad'. It's friggen trash.

This isn't true at all. Two solid corners, ballhawk safety....other safety position is mediocre but it's more than good enough with my elite DL.

In any case, there is a giant gap in DL production vs talent on my team.

Bad sim.

Hammock Parties 12-17-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14662629)
Clay really is just a crybaby ass bitch. You can tell dude was an only child.

I have two siblings.

Hammock Parties 12-17-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14661905)
For the record, JPP didn't even qualify as a GOOD pass-rusher last season when viewing his advanced metrics. He was adequate at best. That dude just isn't very good.

He had 12.5 sacks dumbass.

And there is NO reason Cam Heyward should be sackless at this point.

ntexascardfan 12-17-2019 05:27 PM

Also, do we know how many abandoned teams there are in the second league? I'll start trying to fill some spots once we have a number.

I'm ready for that thing to get kicked off so we can have the same level of discussion in here about that league as I'm seeing for the first league.

Titty Meat 12-17-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14662633)
I have two siblings.

LMAO

Hammock Parties 12-17-2019 05:34 PM

And by the way, it's not JUST my D-line.

It's also the fact that Brees is an INT machine, despite my excellent OL and stud receivers and running game, and Kelce and one of my best deep threats are averaging less than 10 yards per catch.

It's just not realistic.

It's OK. It's hit or miss. The misses are currently pissing me off and wrecking my championship-caliber squad.

I could accept a couple more picks than IRL or a few less sacks or a few less yards, but the vast chasms currently existing here are not realistic or fun.

ntexascardfan 12-17-2019 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14662692)
And by the way, it's not JUST my D-line.

It's also the fact that Brees is an INT machine, despite my excellent OL and stud receivers and running game, and Kelce and one of my best deep threats are averaging less than 10 yards per catch.

It's just not realistic.

It's OK. It's hit or miss. The misses are currently pissing me off and wrecking my championship-caliber squad.

I could accept a couple more picks than IRL or a few less sacks or a few less yards, but the vast chasms currently existing here are not realistic or fun.

Why are you such a garbage head coach that all these future hall of famers can't get their shit together?

Rain Man 12-17-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntexascardfan (Post 14662674)
Also, do we know how many abandoned teams there are in the second league? I'll start trying to fill some spots once we have a number.

I'm ready for that thing to get kicked off so we can have the same level of discussion in here about that league as I'm seeing for the first league.

I think there are four or five spots that are being autodrafted right now, so if you know folks, feel free to refer them to us.

Hammock Parties 12-17-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntexascardfan (Post 14662707)
Why are you such a garbage head coach that all these future hall of famers can't get their shit together?

I was 14-2 in the last league

i can only assume far too much tinkering was done with the sim

lewdog 12-17-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14662754)
I was 14-2 in the last league

i can only assume far too much tinkering was done with the sim

Maybe banging dudes has cut into your game planning?!?!

TambaBerry 12-17-2019 06:30 PM

Well to be fair sacks should have been adjusted, Greg Hardy for me had like 32 sacks in one season for me

Rain Man 12-17-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14662801)
Well to be fair sacks should have been adjusted, Greg Hardy for me had like 32 sacks in one season for me

Heh. I remember that. He was on a rampage through the league.

ntexascardfan 12-17-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14662714)
I think there are four or five spots that are being autodrafted right now, so if you know folks, feel free to refer them to us.

Cool, I just posted it on another forum I post on. Is the best way to get them connected to provide you with their email?

Rain Man 12-17-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntexascardfan (Post 14662882)
Cool, I just posted it on another forum I post on. Is the best way to get them connected to provide you with their email?

Yep. Just pm them to me and cdcox. Thanks!

MagicHef 12-18-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14662714)

If you want another person to take over a league 2 team, I'd be willing to.

Rain Man 12-18-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 14664134)
If you want another person to take over a league 2 team, I'd be willing to.

Excellent! I'll ask cdcox to set you up.

cdcox 12-18-2019 09:16 PM

I have opened rosters for week 8, planning sims for tomorrow night.

DJ's left nut 12-18-2019 09:38 PM

Making my best effort at a Brendan Daly 'mush rush' line in League 2.

Jonathan Allen - Javon Hargrave - Kenny Clark - Arik Armstead

Putting some BEEF on that line. Over 1200 lbs of starting defensive lineman on that front.

Gonna be interested to see what all this sim can possibly take into account because brotha, it's gonna be hard to push that line around. They really should be able to collapse that pocket with some regularity.

ntexascardfan 12-19-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14664818)
Making my best effort at a Brendan Daly 'mush rush' line in League 2.

Jonathan Allen - Javon Hargrave - Kenny Clark - Arik Armstead

Putting some BEEF on that line. Over 1200 lbs of starting defensive lineman on that front.

Gonna be interested to see what all this sim can possibly take into account because brotha, it's gonna be hard to push that line around. They really should be able to collapse that pocket with some regularity.

It'll be interesting to see your d-line up against my o-line. I didn't have the choice of a solid QB by time I started tuning into the draft, so I opted to go with a strong ground game.

Lane Johnson - Mark Glowinski - Travis Frederick/J.C. Tretter - Joe Feliciano - Ryan Ramczyk

Glowinski and Feliciano have really started coming on this year and PFF has them both in their top ten. Not sure if the sim will represent that growth right away, but in a season or two I expect them both to be solid.

Leonard Fournette and Matt Brieda get to run behind those two.

ntexascardfan 12-19-2019 08:40 PM

What happens with players who retired?

One of the new owners in league 2 had Andrew Luck autodrafted for him in the first round and he's curious how that impacts his team.

Rain Man 12-19-2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntexascardfan (Post 14666614)
What happens with players who retired?

One of the new owners in league 2 had Andrew Luck autodrafted for him in the first round and he's curious how that impacts his team.

He'll have Andrew Luck for one season, and will then give him a nice going away dinner after that. I'd recommend only signing him to a one-year contract. If he signs him to a five-year contract he's going to eat those salary points with no payoff.

This is really only occurring because we're offering a bonus 2018 season given the timing of startup. In this draft, there are guys who played in 2018 and were then out of the league, so that's something to think about when drafting. You can always draft a guy if you need him, but you'll know that he's gone after this season. Going forward, the drafts will occur before the NFL season so you may not know. It's the uncertainty that makes it fun.

cdcox 12-19-2019 09:37 PM

Sims are going up.

DJ's left nut 12-19-2019 09:56 PM

Well the vaunted Columbia defense put up its second no-show of the season.

Fortunately Issaquah was WORSE. Fitzmagic with 400 yards passing and Kerryon Johnson continued his ultimately doomed MVP caliber campaign (I'll miss ya, bud).

A wild one for sure but it's good to see the O pick up the defense on an off day.

Rukdafaidas 12-19-2019 10:24 PM

My guys need to focus......16 penalties for 151 yards. They obviously don't have that gleam....that was ugly.

Rain Man 12-19-2019 10:30 PM

Vail has been crippled with injuries in our receiver spots, and I think it showed up today in QB-WR communications. Andrew Luck threw two interceptions to no-name defensive backs, and Vail fell to our second straight loss. The defense also got run over by the Phoenix running attack, which was uncharacteristic for us.

Rain Man 12-19-2019 10:38 PM

Denver got destroyed on time of possession. We couldn't keep the Blue Springs offense off the field, and they held the ball for 41 minutes on us. We were 1-10 on third downs and they were 9-14, and that pretty much says it all. Ugly loss.

wheeler08 12-19-2019 11:39 PM

Crown Point continues their dominance with an easy win. Thought this matchup would be more difficult going up against Chris Carson and CMC, but their coach wouldn’t give them the ball, instead let Baker throw it 40+ times. That’s never going to end well.

We now boast the #1 scoring defense and #1 scoring offense. If our GM tells us to pick up candy wrappers, by god we do it, cuz he sure knows how to draft!

Countdown to Unleash the Kraken: 2 weeks

DJ's left nut 12-19-2019 11:45 PM

Yeah, Crown Point - as one dimensional on offense and marginally talented on defense as they may be - is not ****ing around right now.

I was missing my #1 CB and starting FS so I'd imagine that had an impact, but it's past time for Myles Garrett to un**** himself.

wheeler08 12-20-2019 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14666772)
Yeah, Crown Point - as one dimensional on offense and marginally talented on defense as they may be - is not ****ing around right now.

I was missing my #1 CB and starting FS so I'd imagine that had an impact, but it's past time for Myles Garrett to un**** himself.

Capt Kirk scoffs at your backhanded comment! Look at passing stats. He’s tied for like 7th in passing TDs, more than that shitbag Brees! #1 in completion percentage, #1 in QB rating, and 4th in yards per completion. He’s managing games like Alex only dreamed of! As long as we don’t have to play on a Monday night, we’ll be fine! And he’s got shit for WR’s. Keenan Allen has Demetrius
Harris hands in this sim, Anthony Miller is blah, and my #3 is out every other week. I don’t even have a #2 TE for most weeks, I slide a LT over to that spot lol

Hammock Parties 12-20-2019 02:09 AM

Yep. This sim is total ass.

It thinks Drew Brees and Kareem Hunt are turnover prone buffoons.

Kareem Hunt had ZERO fumbles last season and he had TWO IN ONE GAME?!

Meanwhile, All Pro Travis Kelce had two catches for 7 yards, as his YPC continues to plummet LMAO

AND I WAS AT HOME

Sim can eat me.

lewdog 12-20-2019 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14666725)
Vail has been crippled with injuries in our receiver spots, and I think it showed up today in QB-WR communications. Andrew Luck threw two interceptions to no-name defensive backs, and Vail fell to our second straight loss. The defense also got run over by the Phoenix running attack, which was uncharacteristic for us.

I game planned like a MF seeing those WRs out.

The Sim is loving Gurley. His YPC is right up near Elliot. Once I got Ingram back, that 1-2 punch is pretty incredible.

Surprised I still won though. Wish I had a QB like Brees. Would make game planning easier.

wheeler08 12-20-2019 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14666843)

Meanwhile, All Pro Travis Kelce had two catches for 7 yards, as his YPC continues to plummet LMAO

AND I WAS AT HOME

Sim can eat me.

You should look at the play by play of my game. Some TE by the name of Vannett or something tore shit up. He was unstoppable. I’d never heard of him before until I played against him

InvinciBill 12-20-2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14666843)

AND I WAS AT HOME

Sim can eat me.

I think the Sim was broken for the first four games, but it's been humming along perfectly for the last four.

DJ's left nut 12-20-2019 08:35 AM

I get more enjoyment out of watching Clay lose at this point than I get out of winning.

5 sacks out of his holy trinity of 'elite' pass-rushers and he's still grousing.

I'm over here shuffling dudes all over the line to try to unlock them and somehow Ronald Blair is my top DL, but the Sim is just out to get the Anarchy, I suppose.

Why don't you just send Kelce my way, Clay? I'll send you Chris Herndon and we can stop wasting the prodigious talents of a future HoFer...

carlos3652 12-20-2019 08:42 AM

Good game cdcox!

I was very concerned in the 3rd / 4th quarter of a possible comeback (very much chiefs like pre Mahones), but our _efense held on.

ThaVirus 12-20-2019 09:10 AM

LMAO LMAO Clay's trash!

Hammock Parties 12-20-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14667058)
LMAO LMAO Clay's trash!

still in the running for the wild card

better hope the sim doesn't fix itself because if drew brees actually starts playing like real life drew brees my team should be unstoppable

ThaVirus 12-20-2019 09:19 AM

Your offense led by Drew Brees, Kareem Hunt and Travis Kelce is scoring fewer points per game than an offense led by Mitch Trubisky, Adrian Peterson and Alshon Jeffery.

You've gotta do some tweaking of your gameplans, brotha.

Hammock Parties 12-20-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14667080)
Your offense led by Drew Brees, Kareem Hunt and Travis Kelce is scoring fewer points per game than an offense led by Mitch Trubisky, Adrian Peterson and Alshon Jeffery.

You've gotta do some tweaking of your gameplans, brotha.

Gameplan is fine. I run a balanced offense.

It seems to be boom or bust though - which just isn't realistic with my talent collection at all, especially given that my offensive line has been top 5 all season, and suddenly had a bad game against a fairly mediocre defense.

Kareem Hunt should have been GASHING that team left and right. They're 32nd in yards per carry. He had a 75-yard carry and the other 10 went for 32 yards.

Shit sim is shit.

Rain Man 12-20-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14667094)

It seems to be boom or bust though - which just isn't realistic with my talent collection at all, especially given that my offensive line has been top 5 all season, and suddenly had a bad game against a fairly mediocre defense.

Kareem Hunt should have been GASHING that team left and right. They'e 32nd in yards per carry. He had a 75-yard carry and the other 10 went for 32 yards.

Shit sim is shit.

So you're publicly chastising Kareem for having 11 carries for 107 yards? No wonder he's demanding a trade from Aberdeen.

DJ's left nut 12-20-2019 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14667063)
still in the running for the wild card

better hope the sim doesn't fix itself because if drew brees actually starts playing like real life drew brees my team should be unstoppable

Yeah, being in the minor leagues over there in the Lunar conference helps you out seeing as how a 3-5 team in Lunar is in the same spot as a 5-3 team in Solar.

A 6-2 record is good enough to get someone a tie for the 3rd best record in all of Sandbox...and a 3rd place spot in the Solar Central. The entire Lunar conference has 2 teams with a 5-3 or better record meanwhile the 2nd best division in the Solar Conference can match that.

They let you fellas play with a real football over there or do you have to use Nerf balls to keep from hurting yourselves?

Hammock Parties 12-20-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14667106)
So you're publicly chastising Kareem for having 11 carries for 107 yards? No wonder he's demanding a trade from Aberdeen.

If you're insinuating that I didn't try to run the ball, you're wrong.

I was down 10 points in the second, and in a string of 4 series Kareem Hunt had seven carries for 13 yards.

Against the 32nd ranked run defense.

And when my offense is forced to go hurry up....

Quote:

4th Q 11:16 1st and 10 Lawrence 33 Drew Brees sacked by Malcolm Jenkins for a loss of -5 yards.

4th Q 10:51 2nd and 15 Lawrence 38 Drew Brees sacked by Kyler Fackrell for a loss of -5 yards.

4th Q 10:26 3rd and 20 Lawrence 43 Drew Brees sacked by Jack Crawford for a loss of -7 yards.
I have a top 5 offensive line and a QB who was sacked 17 times in real life.

Please, please, fix this sim. I want Kelce to average more than 8.68 yards per catch.

carlos3652 12-20-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14667094)

Kareem Hunt should have been GASHING that team left and right. They're 32nd in yards per carry. He had a 75-yard carry and the other 10 went for 32 yards.

Shit sim is shit.

Lol 11 carries for 107 yards and you are complaining? Should have game planned to run the rock 25 times... he would have had over 200...