ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352059)

duncan_idaho 01-30-2024 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 17376499)
Purdy is a great QB. He had a better year than Allen and Jackson with a mediocre offensive line. Very slippery in the pocket and he keeps his eyes down the field while scrambling. Reminds me of Mahomes but without the elite arm. Very accurate. Probably should have been a 3-5 round pick in the draft. To beat Purdy and the 49ers you've got to get him into situations where he throws prayer balls. Baltimore got blown up by the SF offense but forced Purdy into situations where he threw dumb picks.

"great" is a strong word.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-30-2024 10:57 AM

I saw the clip circulating now of Alex Smith saying he thinks SF is in trouble defensively... and while I like playing the underdog, I think he's 100% right.

He prefaces it by saying they don't present a lot of volume - it's a relatively simple defense. That just hasn't worked against Mahomes historically. It's the crazy defenses that do everything - Anarumo comes to mind - that make it more challenging.

Philly last year was relatively simple too but not as much as Wilks - and they had twice the talent.

Mulliganman 01-30-2024 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17376474)
I've never bought a Super Bowl patch jersey. Strongly considering right now.

Someone, anyone - convince me why I should or shouldn't do this before the game.

All jokes and stupid conspiracies aside, I love the logo this year.

Don't do it if you're a stitched numbers jersey guy. The Super Bowl ones will be screen printed numbers unless something has changed from last year.

The Franchise 01-30-2024 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 17376499)
Purdy is a great QB. He had a better year than Allen and Jackson with a mediocre offensive line. Very slippery in the pocket and he keeps his eyes down the field while scrambling. Reminds me of Mahomes but without the elite arm. Very accurate. Probably should have been a 3-5 round pick in the draft. To beat Purdy and the 49ers you've got to get him into situations where he throws prayer balls. Baltimore got blown up by the SF offense but forced Purdy into situations where he threw dumb picks.

Dude is in a system that protects the QB with four of the top offensive skill players.

Give McCaffrey, Deebo Samuel, Brandon Aiyuk and George Kittle to Mahomes and I bet he puts up more than what Purdy did.

RunKC 01-30-2024 11:01 AM

Yeah watching the last few SF games and holy shit. They can't stop the run and they can't cover well outside of Ward.

The Lions could have dropped 40 on them if they didn't drop easy passes and fumble. 37 was a given if they also just take the FG's. Like I said the Packers young offense scored 21 but had them in position to score 24.

I think 24 is the floor for this offense and the expectation is 30. This defense is nowhere near what the defense was in LIV. Andy with 2 weeks to gameplan as well.

Mecca 01-30-2024 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17376526)
Yeah watching the last few SF games and holy shit. They can't stop the run and they can't cover well outside of Ward.

The Lions could have dropped 40 on them if they didn't drop easy passes and fumble. 37 was a given if they also just take the FG's. Like I said the Packers young offense scored 21 but had them in position to score 24.

I think 24 is the floor for this offense and the expectation is 30. This defense is nowhere near what the defense was in LIV. Andy with 2 weeks to gameplan as well.

Their defense is one of those schemes that basically needs all pros everywhere. So when you don't have them it turns into swiss ****in cheese.

If Bosa and Warner are neutralized they'll give up 30+ points because all they are going to do is sit in zone.

seamonster 01-30-2024 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17376504)
"great" is a strong word.

Hard to sack. Throws for 4200+ yards. Threw 31 touchdowns in a run-happy Shannahan offense. Top five in completion percentage (accurate). Quick release. He's top five. People sleep on this kid because he's a 7th round pick but he's >>>> Tua, Herby, Kirk and all the other QB's outside of the top five.

digger 01-30-2024 11:05 AM

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...363710c9508a1&
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...f43047999306c&
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...4970e86ac6de2&

Mulliganman 01-30-2024 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17376474)
I've never bought a Super Bowl patch jersey. Strongly considering right now.

Someone, anyone - convince me why I should or shouldn't do this before the game.

All jokes and stupid conspiracies aside, I love the logo this year.

If you do buy, I would look into first buying a discounted gift card for Fanatics (I've seen Sam's Club and Costco sell them) and then use the gift card with some coupon code that Fanatics is running to maximize your savings.

tredadda 01-30-2024 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 17376535)
Hard to sack. Throws for 4200+ yards. Threw 31 touchdowns in a run-happy Shannahan offense. Top five in completion percentage (accurate). Quick release. He's top five. People sleep on this kid because he's a 7th round pick but he's >>>> Tua, Herby, Kirk and all the other QB's outside of the top five.

How was he against the top defenses in the league?

Mulliganman 01-30-2024 11:10 AM

Where are those from? The numbers look stitched....

Mulliganman 01-30-2024 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17376486)
Fair, but I didn't before LV either... :)

Just FYI but I believe Fanatics also has 365 day returns.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-30-2024 11:13 AM

It does say on the product description that the name and numbers are screen printed, which I'm sure is purely so they can pump these out in a hurry: https://shop.chiefs.com/mens-nike-pa...ID:i-r0c1:po-1

All I currently have is an all-stitched white 15. But, I'll take screen printed to get the patch if that's what it has to be.

tredadda 01-30-2024 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulliganman (Post 17376549)
Where are those from? The numbers look stitched....

Yeah was doing to ask that. It’s not on Fanatics that I could see.

duncan_idaho 01-30-2024 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 17376535)

I'm not saying he's a bad player.

But he is not a top 10 NFL QB. He's in a QB-friendly scheme with incredible offensive talent around him and played in the JV conference.

He's definitely not top 5.