ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 20 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322727)

Bump 08-16-2019 01:37 PM

franchise sure is scripted isn't it. They don't put much thought into what the players say when the are trying to complain.

Hardman now leads the league in receiving yards and is complaining about him not being a #1 WR waaaaah. Tyreek hill was also mad about his 9 catch, 150 yard and 2 TD game because he wasn't getting the ball. Also the def coordinator wanted to tell me to "watch out for DE Clark, he might be good!" Oh really? The guy we traded a 1st round pick for and paid $100 mill might be good?

Aspengc8 08-16-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 14395541)
ya I've put it on all madden and made the sliders hard so it's more challenging and it is.

I gave up on MUT and started a franchise last night. MUT is way too greedy this year, way more than the past 2 years so I'm done with that mode.

Week 5 and Tyreek Hill leads the league in receptions, yards and touchdowns but he's not happy with the amount of catches he's getting. EA logic.

MUT has always been greedy. It's actually a good year for no money spent players. With the really good solo rewards + weekend league, you can build a good team in no time without spending a dime.

Dayze 08-16-2019 05:26 PM

Game is still meh. I can’t find a happy medium . Rookie is too easy, pro is reeruned
Sick of ****ing with sliders. Basically the higher the difficulty the more cheating the CPU can do. Four man rush, consistently sacking me as I hit my back foot of my drop. Super zoom defenders.

Speeds are stupid. DL chasing down a rib with a ****ing 10 yd yd start.

Pfftt.

Game is still trash in terms of QB1. Looks good, but prepare to spend hours tweaking sliders. That’s all I’ve done since I’ve bought it and it’s either reeruned easy, or stupid difficult

Same shit different package. Just tired of spending hours tweaking sliders to make the game worth playing.

Giving it another legit go this weekend, but it’s looking like a trade in or sitting on the shelf yet again. What a bummer

Aspengc8 08-16-2019 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 14397314)
Game is still meh. I can’t find a happy medium . Rookie is too easy, pro is reeruned
Sick of ****ing with sliders. Basically the higher the difficulty the more cheating the CPU can do. Four man rush, consistently sacking me as I hit my back foot of my drop. Super zoom defenders.

Speeds are stupid. DL chasing down a rib with a ****ing 10 yd year start.

Pfftt.

Game is still trash in terms of QB1. Looks good, but prepare to spend hours tweaking sliders. That’s all I’ve done since I’ve bought it and it’s either reeruned easy, or stupid difficult

Same shit different package. Just tired of spending hours tweaking sliders to make the game worth playing.

Giving it another legit go this weekend, but it’s looking like a trade in or sitting on the shelf yet again. What a bummer

Unfortunately I dont think they will ever have a good single player/offline experience. It's just too catered towards head to head and tournament play, which is where all the money is at for them.

Dayze 08-17-2019 07:35 AM

I need to give MUT offline a try. I tried it the first time ever a day before I bought M20 and it felt totally, absolutely totally different than franchise I had been playing.

Maybe I just need to resign to that fact and just change modes.

Priest31kc 08-17-2019 09:27 AM

Mahomes' Bazooka ability is kinda useless IMO. I've still yet to activate it in game lol. And even if I do, throwing it 80 yards only matters if I have a guy getting behind the coverage obviously.

Wish they would've given him something better and just have his throwing power be a 99 instead of a 96.

Hammock Parties 08-17-2019 09:31 AM

1. You can edit any rating in franchise mode.

2. You don't have to have a guy behind coverage. I'll typically try a bazooka throw on the first drive of a game. If Tyreek is even with his guy and the safety isn't in a good position, I'll just chuck it as far as I can.

Or you know, you can just throw a jump ball to someone 80 yards down the field.

And remember that it ADDS 15 yards to throwing distance. So if you're rolling out, and throwing on the move, which will affect the distance of the throw, you can also throw it further in that situation than normal. That's extremely useful.

Lzen 08-19-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 14397816)
Mahomes' Bazooka ability is kinda useless IMO. I've still yet to activate it in game lol. And even if I do, throwing it 80 yards only matters if I have a guy getting behind the coverage obviously.

Wish they would've given him something better and just have his throwing power be a 99 instead of a 96.

Mahommes throwing power is only a 96? is there currently another QB in Madden with the same or better THP? Has there ever been a QB with a stronger arm? I don't think so. It should be 99 by default, IMO.

Lzen 08-19-2019 02:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSu-84SPYzw

Lzen 08-19-2019 02:31 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ynh652M9vY

Bump 08-19-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 14400948)
Mahommes throwing power is only a 96? is there currently another QB in Madden with the same or better THP? Has there ever been a QB with a stronger arm? I don't think so. It should be 99 by default, IMO.

In the MUT league, I would be completely dumbfounded by the cards they put out.

The guys that make the cards in that mode think that Baker mayfield has a stronger arm than Mahomes, for example. Baker's 86 card had more power than Mahomes 87. Last year they thought that Conley was faster than Tyreek Hill.

Hammock Parties 08-20-2019 08:50 AM

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...=1566310539489

hUUUUUge update...lots of fixes and some new features....the blocking double team sounds sweet

Hammock Parties 08-20-2019 09:32 AM

phenomenal

Quote:

New Pre-Play Mechanic: Pass Block Double Team mechanic added to Pass Blocking Adjustments, replacing the Pinch adjustment

How it works: In the Pass Blocking adjustments pre-play menu, you can now target a defender aligned on the line of scrimmage for a pass-block double team. You can do this by opening the Pass Protection menu with R1/RB, and selecting the bottom option: ‘Double Team’ (this new mechanic is replacing the Pinch Adjustment, which has been removed globally). Once in this state, you’ll be shown a ‘D2’ indicator that you can move around with the LS, and then lock in your double team target by pressing A/X. While this can be bluffed on running plays and play-action, it will only assign a double team on dropback passing plays.

Lzen 08-20-2019 10:25 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F9-Um7PfH-w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sassy Squatch 08-20-2019 11:00 AM

LMAO I love how the update has multiple fixes for shit that Clay said was nothing but user error.