ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs sign Revis (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311747)

MVChiefFan 12-11-2017 06:46 PM

I guaran-damn-tee you that Peters would be acting this way whether he played for the Raiders, Jets, Ravens, Patriots... well, maybe not the Patriots sinced they’re blessed by God. But, seriously, he is what he is. All we can do is hope the talented Marcus starts shining while the volatile Marcus starts taking a back seat. I know I look back on things I did at that age and feel stupid. If he matures, his talent is sure worth having around.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-11-2017 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 13260533)
Revis looks like a 40 something year old jazz singer that kept himself in good shape. He looked terrible as an NFL DB.

Like a Neil Diamond-type jazz singer? Or more of an Ida McBeth?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 13276160)
If Terence Newman can play until he's 39, then Revis should still be able to be a good player until he's 33/34 which is how old he'd be next year.

The Chiefs will have a big decision to make on Revis for next year. That's a lot of cap to use up and we can't afford to make a mistake on it.

Holy ****; he needs to get his ass back in shape. There is NO reason he can't be killing it THAT ****ing young.

Mama Hip Rockets 12-11-2017 07:20 PM

Did Revis play yesterday? I don't recall seeing him.

Simplicity 12-11-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 13277322)

He played very well I believe he was targeted like 7 times and only gave up 1 reception for 8 yards. It's a good sign when you don't hear a corner's name often in a game.

Mama Hip Rockets 12-11-2017 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 13277324)
He played very well I believe he was targeted like 7 times and only gave up 1 reception for 8 yards. It's a good sign when you don't hear a corner's name often in a game.

Cool. I missed most of the first half, so I wasn't sure.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-11-2017 11:54 PM

Mitchell looked really good too. Much tighter coverage all around. The Jets game makes ZERO sense. I still don't get it.

pugsnotdrugs19 12-12-2017 12:10 AM

Just rewatched the defensive snaps. Revis was fantastic in coverage.

We'll see how the rest of the season goes, but if that's the guy you're going to get consistently, Veach has a tough decision to make come March.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-12-2017 12:14 AM

He did get beat deep pretty bad once, but fortunately Carr shit his pants good.

Cornstock 12-12-2017 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 13277322)

That is really the goal of any CB to a casual observer. Never to be noticed at all.

KCrockaholic 12-12-2017 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13277899)
Just rewatched the defensive snaps. Revis was fantastic in coverage.

We'll see how the rest of the season goes, but if that's the guy you're going to get consistently, Veach has a tough decision to make come March.

If he plays like that the rest of the season then Veach has to keep him and pay the big 1 year deal money.

Game 1 to game 2 shows he's learning, and it's not his athletic ability that's holding him back which would be the main concern for an aging CB.

Cornstock 12-12-2017 12:56 AM

Probably too early to tell, but it looks like it was a good signing at this point. Still has a little gas in the tank.

RobBlake 12-12-2017 03:10 AM

He will be key as the games get more crucial - this next one in particular. I see him taking the Allen challenge and winning TBH. I’m guess Allen will get 50 yards and a lucky td when he isn’t covered by Revis

Nickhead 12-12-2017 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornstock (Post 13277946)
Probably too early to tell, but it looks like it was a good signing at this point. Still has a little gas in the tank.

to be fair he is no worse than the current secondary on the roster :thumb:

RINGLEADER 12-12-2017 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 13277245)
I guaran-damn-tee you that Peters would be acting this way whether he played for the Raiders, Jets, Ravens, Patriots... well, maybe not the Patriots sinced they’re blessed by God. But, seriously, he is what he is. All we can do is hope the talented Marcus starts shining while the volatile Marcus starts taking a back seat. I know I look back on things I did at that age and feel stupid. If he matures, his talent is sure worth having around.

Reminds me of Pac-Man Jones — he was a complete nut bag until he was traded and (seemed to) wise up.

NJChiefsFan 12-12-2017 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 13278007)
Reminds me of Pac-Man Jones — he was a complete nut bag until he was traded and (seemed to) wise up.

He almost single-handedly cost the Bengals a playoff game.