ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good news [Lonewolf Ed] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290171)

BlackHelicopters 04-10-2017 10:34 AM

Enjoy the golden streets and the songs of angels, Ed. God, no doubt , will give you a fast pass for admission.

tooge 04-10-2017 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12816213)
I don't know how much longer I will be able to sit at my computer and make posts, so I wanted to share something with you all now, to put my mind at ease that I got to say it. The multitude of you who have expressed such wonderful sentiments to me has been truly overwhelming. I never really thought I could inspire people, let alone to the degree you all tell me I have. My friend Chris who is a global outreach minister and goes to some nasty, scary places to bring God's word such as Ethiopia, northern India where radical Hindus rule, and Liberia said that my purpose here may well have been to show through my suffering how a man of faith in Jesus lives and how he dies. I may have brought many closer to Christ and eternal salvation and when I do pass, I will hear, "well done, my faithful servant."

I want to thank you all once again for how you have touched my life with all the prayers, support, and love these past two and a half years. It has made more of a difference in my life than I can put into words. I love you all.

Oh my......Ed, wow. You sir are perhaps the most inspirational person I've ever come across. We've never met. I had the chance when a bunch of CPers met in shawnee a few years back, and I couldn't pull it off. I wish I had, but, perhaps because I heard it from you, a guy that is terminal, to not have regrets, I shouldn't. I hope and pray that when my time comes, I have the courage and resolve you've had throughout this entire ordeal. You are THE man Ed. God bless you, though he already has. When the time comes, Godspeed Ed. Prayers. Amen

JohnnyHammersticks 04-10-2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

I don't know how much longer I will be able to sit at my computer and make posts, so I wanted to share something with you all now, to put my mind at ease that I got to say it. The multitude of you who have expressed such wonderful sentiments to me has been truly overwhelming. I never really thought I could inspire people, let alone to the degree you all tell me I have. My friend Chris who is a global outreach minister and goes to some nasty, scary places to bring God's word such as Ethiopia, northern India where radical Hindus rule, and Liberia said that my purpose here may well have been to show through my suffering how a man of faith in Jesus lives and how he dies. I may have brought many closer to Christ and eternal salvation and when I do pass, I will hear, "well done, my faithful servant."

I want to thank you all once again for how you have touched my life with all the prayers, support, and love these past two and a half years. It has made more of a difference in my life than I can put into words. I love you all.

Your documentation of this journey will help so many of us more than you can ever comprehend, Ed. Peace be with you brother. I hope to visit you in paradise one day. You will certainly be there.

InChiefsHeaven 04-10-2017 11:47 AM

God bless brutha, and GodSpeed. You have made a positive impact in this world...and now on to a better one.

temper11 04-10-2017 11:53 AM

Thank you Ed, for your courage. God bless.

mikeyis4dcats. 04-10-2017 12:10 PM

Sorry the hear that Ed. You've put up a good fight, and I also hoped you would best it.

CP should have a memorial page for our fallen...

luv 04-10-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 12817618)
Sorry the hear that Ed. You've put up a good fight, and I also hoped you would best it.

I really like this idea.

Thoughts are with you, Ed. Cancer has taken much of my father's side of the family from us. I hope that your loved ones take solace in the fact that you will no longer be suffering.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-10-2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 12817620)
I really like this idea.

Thoughts are with you, Ed. Cancer has taken much of my father's side of the family from us. I hope that your loved ones take solace in the fact that you will no longer be suffering.

Me too.

Sadly, this seems to be becoming a far too frequent event.

Dave was one of my favorite posters, and he was one of the few people that understood my sense of humor.
And Ed has made me feel like a part of his life for well over a year now. Losing our friends like this, be they down the street or an across the country "e-friend", just completely sucks.

wazu 04-10-2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 12817618)

This idea has merit. Could just be a sub forum that contains the threads like this one.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-10-2017 09:31 PM

Ed,

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRCDFED 04-11-2017 09:14 AM

Ed, thank you as well. Peace be with you and those around you! You have truly been an inspiration to many! You will no doubt pass through the pearly gates! God bless you!

Rukdafaidas 04-11-2017 03:06 PM

Bless you, Ed. Godspeed.

R8RFAN 04-11-2017 03:54 PM

As tears run down my cheek you are in my prayers friend

rabblerouser 04-11-2017 04:12 PM

Goddamn it.

frozenchief 04-11-2017 05:22 PM

Quote:

Ed:

We have not had a chance to speak but this greatly encourages me. We will meet in heaven.

And remember what Paul said: For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. Romans 8:18

God speed, my good man.

Titty Meat 04-11-2017 08:00 PM

Love you ED. Youre a great man who always gave good takes sorry I read this thread and never posted in it.

Dylan 04-12-2017 12:43 AM

Broken heart...Praying for you darlin'

Baby Lee 04-12-2017 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 12820689)
Broken heart...Praying for you darlin'

Dylan called you darlin' with genuine affection.

Ed, if nothing else in the this thread suffices, this is a testament. ;)

Matt101KC 04-12-2017 07:21 AM

Sad to hear Ed, prayers sent god bless.

BigRichard 04-12-2017 07:39 AM

I haven't posted in here before but have read through the thread from time to time. You seem like a decent man and my thoughts are with you.

Mother****erJones 04-12-2017 11:54 AM

You've been very inspirational and a great poster. Sorry I haven't been on lately to post (busy with nursing school). Thoughts are with you man!

big nasty kcnut 04-12-2017 12:37 PM

Prayers up ed may god embrace you into the kingdom of heaven and hold close your family and friends in their and our time of grief.

patteeu 04-12-2017 01:40 PM

This thread is quite a monument, Lonewolf Ed. You can be proud of your testimony here in this corner of the internet.

Fat Elvis 04-12-2017 10:53 PM

Ed-

I just want to thank you for being you and sharing your journey with us. May God bless you because you've certainly blessed us.

Fat E

go bo 04-13-2017 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 12821344)
This thread is quite a monument, Lonewolf Ed. You can be proud of your testimony here in this corner of the internet.

i pretty much share the thoughts of all the people who've posted in this thread lately...

but this ^(patt's post) ^ is the ultimate take-away for me...

congratulations ed, on a life well-lived!! :toast: :toast: :toast:

threebag 04-13-2017 09:28 PM

Ed you are my favorite Viking. Thank you

eDave 04-14-2017 12:59 AM

I've felt it Ed and your journey has affected me a lot. I've admired your strength, courage and attitude throughout.

luv 04-14-2017 08:11 AM

Has anyone kept up with him off the board?

Lonewolf Ed 04-14-2017 09:26 AM

Just a quick update. I am under home hospice care and the director is a friend of mine from way back. She asked me if I ever needed hospice that I go with her group because she wants to take care of me. I am having good days, such as this one so far, and bad days with pain, such as two nights ago when my back had me in agony so I couldn't sleep and I called my friend at midnight. She told me to take another hydromorphone even though I had one two hours earlier, but did that second one ever knock me clean out when it took effect. My pain level was a 6 or 7 out 10 that night and I seriously said to God, "If you want to call me home tonight, I'll come a'running to the light."

I have three drains in my abdomen now, two are for my liver and one to drain fluid build up from my belly area. The drain was placed Monday for my stomach and they drained 4.5 liters from the area. My nurse friend took a liter out of me two days after that and will continue to tend that every three days. I'm feeling hungry and my pastor is coming to bring me Communion in an hour, so I had better get with things here.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-14-2017 09:31 AM

Thank you for the update, Ed. Is there any particular prayer that I can pray for you? You can PM me if you'd like.
It's good to hear from you again!

Lonewolf Ed 04-14-2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 12824029)
Thank you for the update, Ed. Is there any particular prayer that I can pray for you? You can PM me if you'd like.
It's good to hear from you again!

I think just praying for me to have comfortable days and nights would do the trick, thanks!

BlackHelicopters 04-14-2017 10:06 AM

I pray for your comfort and be at peace with yourself. God will never abandon you. Walk with our Lord.

GloryDayz 04-14-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12824084)
I think just praying for me to have comfortable days and nights would do the trick, thanks!

We love ya brother, and we'll keep praying...

ChiTown 04-14-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12824018)
Just a quick update. I am under home hospice care and the director is a friend of mine from way back. She asked me if I ever needed hospice that I go with her group because she wants to take care of me. I am having good days, such as this one so far, and bad days with pain, such as two nights ago when my back had me in agony so I couldn't sleep and I called my friend at midnight. She told me to take another hydromorphone even though I had one two hours earlier, but did that second one ever knock me clean out when it took effect. My pain level was a 6 or 7 out 10 that night and I seriously said to God, "If you want to call me home tonight, I'll come a'running to the light."

I have three drains in my abdomen now, two are for my liver and one to drain fluid build up from my belly area. The drain was placed Monday for my stomach and they drained 4.5 liters from the area. My nurse friend took a liter out of me two days after that and will continue to tend that every three days. I'm feeling hungry and my pastor is coming to bring me Communion in an hour, so I had better get with things here.

Thanks for the update, Ed. Still thinking and praying for you every day. I mainly pray for your peace, and a clarity of vision that will lead you home. God bless you.

Iowanian 04-14-2017 11:49 AM

I'm out of words of wisdom so I'll leave my favorite verse from one of my favorite songs.

[Chorus:]
Well raise another round boys and have another glass
Be thankful for today knowing it will never last
Still lets leave the world laughing when our eulogies are read
May we all get to heaven 'fore the devil knows we're dead
May we all get to heaven 'fore the devil knows we're dead

Meatloaf 04-14-2017 11:53 AM

Yes, Ed, thanks for the update! You really are an amazing example of God's work! Here's hoping you have a restful day/night followed by more restful days/nights!!!

duncan_idaho 04-14-2017 11:56 AM

Ed, hoping for your peace and comfort and more good days than bad.

Thank you for sharing. Cancer sucks... But Thank you for showing us that joy and love always beat it.

You're an inspiration. You are admired greatly.

Peace and love to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kc rush 04-14-2017 12:41 PM

Thanks for the update Ed. I'm glad you have so many friends there to comfort and care for you. Continued prayers for you.

Grim 04-14-2017 01:02 PM

I'm happy to hear that you can receive in-home hospice care, Ed.
You will remain in my thoughts and prayers..

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-14-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Consider it done!

Easy 6 04-14-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

You got it, brother

Buehler445 04-14-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Done man. Thanks for the update. Glad to see you are still your same old upbeat self. You are an amazing man.

Demonpenz 04-14-2017 02:49 PM

The balls on this guy. Lots of people might have ended it on their own at this point. Hope he gets some quality time because it makes me feel better.

R8RFAN 04-14-2017 03:01 PM

Praying for a miracle Ed God Bless

Mosbonian 04-14-2017 03:37 PM

Ed......the strength and dignity with which you have handled this is a sign of the great character and man of faith that you are.

May God's love surround you as you make this final journey. May your days be filled with peace and comfort.

Bwana 04-14-2017 03:50 PM

Ed thanks for the update. I'm glad you're in good hands.

Demonpenz 04-14-2017 05:32 PM

I thought Lonewolf Ed and Lonewolf were the same person. I kept on thinking How the hell is someone in LW condition still giving me neg rep.

Gonzo 04-14-2017 07:02 PM

Ed, if your nurse is hot, get a BJ, if not, get a handy. ;)
You are a ****ing badass. You were given a few weeks but I see you posting in here for months yet. Kick that cancer's ass for just a bit longer dude.

We love you.

Lonewolf Ed 04-15-2017 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 12824662)
The balls on this guy. Lots of people might have ended it on their own at this point. Hope he gets some quality time because it makes me feel better.

My cajones are nothing to boast of these days, but I know what you meant! Early on after my diagnosis, I told the doctor that I could just put my 9mm to my head or swan dive off of the roof of a parking lot, but I am a Christian and do not want the last thing I do on this earth to be a sin. I never really prayed so much for being cured but mostly that I would be granted to keep my faith no matter what lay ahead, because if I do that to the end, then I win this war with cancer. It dies when I die and in my mind I will be the one who kills it. I won't let the cancer see me die. As far as I am concerned, it will go first, I will take steps in victory away from its foul carcass in defiance and victory before I drop over. Once I cross over, I know that the reason why I went through what I did will be made known to me and I will then say, "Oh, now I understand. Thank you, Father, for putting that task upon me and I pray that I have pleased You in how I dealt with it."

REDHOTGTO 04-15-2017 05:25 AM

Thanks for showing all of us how to keep our head up and fight this crap to the end
I have followed this thread a lot and have prayed for a better outcome.
I just lost my fav sis in law last week to the nasty cancer devil and was hoping better for you.
You will be in my thoughts and again thx for showing all of us how to kick cancer in the ass.
Todd

Pushead2 04-15-2017 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12825302)
My cajones are nothing to boast of these days, but I know what you meant! Early on after my diagnosis, I told the doctor that I could just put my 9mm to my head or swan dive off of the roof of a parking lot, but I am a Christian and do not want the last thing I do on this earth to be a sin. I never really prayed so much for being cured but mostly that I would be granted to keep my faith no matter what lay ahead, because if I do that to the end, then I win this war with cancer. It dies when I die and in my mind I will be the one who kills it. I won't let the cancer see me die. As far as I am concerned, it will go first, I will take steps in victory away from its foul carcass in defiance and victory before I drop over. Once I cross over, I know that the reason why I went through what I did will be made known to me and I will then say, "Oh, now I understand. Thank you, Father, for putting that task upon me and I pray that I have pleased You in how I dealt with it."

Well said, sir. Thoughts and prayers your way.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2017 07:55 AM

Ed, you are a true soldier of the Almighty.

Love ya' brother!

Pasta Little Brioni 04-15-2017 09:02 AM

Lone is an inspiration to us all

SAUTO 04-15-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Man...

Chiefshrink 04-15-2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

but I am a Christian and do not want the last thing I do on this earth to be a sin. I never really prayed so much for being cured but mostly that I would be granted to keep my faith no matter what lay ahead, because if I do that to the end, then I win this war with cancer. It dies when I die and in my mind I will be the one who kills it. I won't let the cancer see me die. As far as I am concerned, it will go first, I will take steps in victory away from its foul carcass in defiance and victory before I drop over. Once I cross over, I know that the reason why I went through what I did will be made known to me and I will then say, "Oh, now I understand. Thank you, Father, for putting that task upon me and I pray that I have pleased You in how I dealt with it."

BOOM !!!! Amen Brother !!!

What a Spiritual Inspiration you are my brother ED !!!

1 Corinthians 15:55
55 O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?”

New World Order 04-15-2017 04:58 PM

Ed is truly a man of God, and I have no doubt God will continue to instill comfort and peace in Ed's final days.

Dartgod 04-15-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

That's beautiful man. I hope my faith is that strong should I ever be challenged with something like what you are going through.

God bless you.

TLO 04-15-2017 09:00 PM

God bless you Ed. My thoughts are with you as you conclude your earthly journey. Say hi to my Grandpa Davis up there for me?

You are truly an inspiration to us all.

RINGLEADER 04-15-2017 09:47 PM

You've inspired me to go to church tomorrow where I will say a prayer for your comfort. Rest easy Ed...

KS Smitty 04-15-2017 10:12 PM

If I were God, I would welcome you with open arms and raise you up and tell all "His faith lifted him, he is a true warrior." Godspeed and God Bless. XOXO

HonestChieffan 04-16-2017 08:00 PM

What a special man. He brought life to the word. We are all better for him being here. He was a messenger of Gods blessings on all of us. Believers are stronger as a result.

ferrarispider95 04-16-2017 09:40 PM

I have posted in years, but have watched this thread as I have checked in on chiefsplanet from time to time. I just wanted to express what an inspiration you are to all of us.

Prayers heading your way.

R8RFAN 04-17-2017 05:15 AM

.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a8cc9498e3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

ChiTown 04-17-2017 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 12827448)
.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a8cc9498e3.jpg

That's a beautiful image.

R8RFAN 04-17-2017 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 12827489)
That's a beautiful image.

It was taken at Pirate land campground during sunrise service..

ChiefGator 04-17-2017 07:48 AM

Not sure what the prayers of this sinner will do, but you have my thoughts and prayers. I prayed that your final days would go as easily as possible and that I might show the strength, resolve, and faith in my battles that you have shown in yours. God bless, man.

CaliforniaChief 04-17-2017 12:52 PM

This thread needs to be in the HOC. Ed, you'll soon join the Hall of Faith (Hebrews 11) and I'm honored to know you.

Lonewolf Ed 04-17-2017 05:37 PM

As most of you know, the Irish House in Aalborg is my favorite pub and means far more to me than a great place to have a beer. Day or night, I loved being there. A sign as you come in reads "your home away from home" and that is exactly what it is. Built in 1616, it oozes historic charm and the details of the wood carving inside shows true craftsmanship and artistic ability. Jerome, the owner, and I are not acquantances, but good friends. I am honored to know him. We spoke this morning and he said he will find a spot for me to put a plaque and my photo is in a rotation on the big screen. He said, you will always be a part of this place and I want people to know who you are. You will not be forgotten. Jerome, you made my day and then some.

If any of you should ever find yourselves in Aalborg, Denmark, be sure to stop in at the Irish House and have the best fish and chips in town or a delightful Irish stew. I recommend a pint of Carlsberg to go with either. Tell them Ed sent you!

GloryDayz 04-17-2017 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12828258)
As most of you know, the Irish House in Aalborg is my favorite pub and means far more to me than a great place to have a beer. Day or night, I loved being there. A sign as you come in reads "your home away from home" and that is exactly what it is. Built in 1616, it oozes historic charm and the details of the wood carving inside shows true craftsmanship and artistic ability. Jerome, the owner, and I are not acquantances, but good friends. I am honored to know him. We spoke this morning and he said he will find a spot for me to put a plaque and my photo is in a rotation on the big screen. He said, you will always be a part of this place and I want people to know who you are. You will not be forgotten. Jerome, you made my day and then some.

If any of you should ever find yourselves in Aalborg, Denmark, be sure to stop in at the Irish House and have the best fish and chips in town or a delightful Irish stew. I recommend a pint of Carlsberg to go with either. Tell them Ed sent you!

On the list... Looks fun!

http://theirishhouse.dk/

http://theirishhouse.dk/wp-content/g...15/image12.JPG

And I'm Irish too....

Buehler445 04-17-2017 06:03 PM

It warms my heart to know you're still with us.

DaFace 04-17-2017 06:13 PM

That's awesome, Ed. Keep on keepin' on. Glad you're able to hang around with us for a while longer at least.

Easy 6 04-17-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Aalborg to middle America, and wherever in between... Fast Eddie Ragnarok makes a big impression wherever he goes

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-17-2017 08:45 PM

You've touched a lot of lives, brother. God Bless.

ChiefsOne 04-17-2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

I'm going to Copenhagen in June, the people I'm am going to see was in Alaborg this past weekend. If I can squeeze it in, I'll go there and have a drink and salute to you!

Nickhead 04-18-2017 05:37 AM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...43496f4fdf.jpg

DaNewGuy 04-19-2017 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 12828544)
You've touched a lot of lives, brother. God Bless.

:clap: Idon't post much anymore but you were always in my thoughts ed. I'm a pussy sometimes about small things and wish I could have some of the courage and perspective you do.

Lonewolf Ed 04-19-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNewGuy (Post 12830655)
:clap: Idon't post much anymore but you were always in my thoughts ed. I'm a pussy sometimes about small things and wish I could have some of the courage and perspective you do.

Just look within you, let me inspire you as needed, but don't think of yourself as a pussy. Explore your inner strengths instead because every tiny drop of positivity builds up, as does negativity. Like a pot of water, sometimes just a little drop of negativity will spill over if the pot was fed negative feelings and thoughts. Don't shrug it off as just a little drop in bucket. Let that positive pan fill up, even a drop at a time. In that case if the thing overflows and makes a puddle, it's a good thing. Drink some down, fill 'er up again! It does make a true difference. Simply speaking, life is a series of choices, some good and some bad. It is of course much more complex than that, but it is the core of things. Some choices are easy, and others hard when the options are bad choice and even worse choice. Life is such a precious gift and we deserve peace, joy, and love in all our lives. Often it is an internal battle, but that is an obstacle we face and so worth the fight to have those good things. Arm and strengthen yourself with positivity because negativity can not prevail over that. Say to yourself, that negative force is blocking me from things that are MINE and I will have them back because I deserve them. Then head in and win that battlefield over and take what is yours back. You will feel the difference in your personal outlook and your being. It's powerful stuff.

Easy 6 04-19-2017 02:31 PM

You sound as lucid and intelligent as ever, Fast Eddie... are you staying comfortable?

kccrow 04-19-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Always a first class man. Keep up the faith Ed, and I keep praying for you.

scho63 04-19-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12830955)
Just look within you, let me inspire you as needed, but don't think of yourself as a pussy. Explore your inner strengths instead because every tiny drop of positivity builds up, as does negativity. Like a pot of water, sometimes just a little drop of negativity will spill over if the pot was fed negative feelings and thoughts. Don't shrug it off as just a little drop in bucket. Let that positive pan fill up, even a drop at a time. In that case if the thing overflows and makes a puddle, it's a good thing. Drink some down, fill 'er up again! It does make a true difference. Simply speaking, life is a series of choices, some good and some bad. It is of course much more complex than that, but it is the core of things. Some choices are easy, and others hard when the options are bad choice and even worse choice. Life is such a precious gift and we deserve peace, joy, and love in all our lives. Often it is an internal battle, but that is an obstacle we face and so worth the fight to have those good things. Arm and strengthen yourself with positivity because negativity can not prevail over that. Say to yourself, that negative force is blocking me from things that are MINE and I will have them back because I deserve them. Then head in and win that battlefield over and take what is yours back. You will feel the difference in your personal outlook and your being. It's powerful stuff.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

This post speaks volume to the great character and wonderful human being that is Lonewolf Ed. Sorry I never met you when I was in Olathe for Christmas and KC with GBlowfish.