ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread ***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338873)

KC_Connection 07-10-2021 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15736043)
If take the clanks over the getting stuffed in the lane. A lot of those led to transition points.

Garrett would honestly be a perfect player to add to this team right now given how far down the offensive chain he would be. Could be very similar to 2012 Releford with maybe even better lockdown defense. But he wants to get paid and start his pro career and I respect that.

Pants 07-10-2021 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 15736924)
Yes. Snacks can no longer play college basketball

LMAO

Buehler445 07-11-2021 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15736937)
Garrett would honestly be a perfect player to add to this team right now given how far down the offensive chain he would be. Could be very similar to 2012 Releford with maybe even better lockdown defense. But he wants to get paid and start his pro career and I respect that.

Affirmative.

But I’m the biggest Releford homer here. I’d argue he was the better all around defender because if his size and length, but Garrett certainly guarded on the ball better. Releford just wouldn’t let a fool get the ball. I’m a total sucker for good defense.

cmh6476 07-16-2021 09:08 AM

we're in need of a different ku thread on the front page

lawrenceRaider 07-16-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15737074)
Affirmative.

But I’m the biggest Releford homer here. I’d argue he was the better all around defender because if his size and length, but Garrett certainly guarded on the ball better. Releford just wouldn’t let a fool get the ball. I’m a total sucker for good defense.

Releford was a better defender and a better scorer.

DanBecky 07-16-2021 01:11 PM

Releford had a much more consistent jump shot and he was awesome in transition.

sedated 07-16-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15743190)
Releford was a better defender and a better scorer.

What?? Garrett was national defensive player of the year.

lawrenceRaider 07-16-2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 15743430)
What?? Garrett was national defensive player of the year.

And?

sedated 07-16-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15743445)
And?

Agree to disagree. Releford was great, but Garrett was one of the best (small) defenders I've seen in a KU uniform.

Buehler445 07-16-2021 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 15743451)
Agree to disagree. Releford was great, but Garrett was one of the best (small) defenders I've seen in a KU uniform.

Yeah. It’s hard to compare. Releford was doing different stuff. If he’s asked to lock down the point guard he wouldn’t be as effective as Garrett but Garrett didn’t have anywhere in the same universe of length as Releford.

I remember all our bigs were in foul trouble and they made him 4 and the 5 man cleared out and they were going to go right at Releford. I thought hooo boy, here we go. Dude didn’t score and eventually they went back to their normal offense. It was awesome. I think they should have done it more.

Releford could do more things but if you’re looking at strictly guarding point guards Garrett was better.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-17-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15744016)
Yeah. It’s hard to compare. Releford was doing different stuff. If he’s asked to lock down the point guard he wouldn’t be as effective as Garrett but Garrett didn’t have anywhere in the same universe of length as Releford.

I remember all our bigs were in foul trouble and they made him 4 and the 5 man cleared out and they were going to go right at Releford. I thought hooo boy, here we go. Dude didn’t score and eventually they went back to their normal offense. It was awesome. I think they should have done it more.

Releford could do more things but if you’re looking at strictly guarding point guards Garrett was better.

Releford's versatility is definitely what made him great. He was strong enough to guard big guys in the low post adequately. He had quickness, length, instincts and incredible strength for someone that size. Marcus had quickness, length, and instincts.

Kiimo 07-17-2021 11:18 AM

Man Releford had that Eurostep DOWN by the end of his career. I'd take Relford over Garrett any day of the week

KC_Connection 07-17-2021 08:14 PM

Garrett is the better defender for me, but it's close enough that I can't really argue strongly either way. I think some of the answers might be different here had the 2019-2020 gotten the chance to win the national championship it deserved. Garrett was the best defender in all of college basketball that year. Last year isn't the best measuring stick, both because I don't think he was entirely healthy for most of it and because he expended way more energy on the offensive end.

Buehler445 07-18-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15744879)
Garrett is the better defender for me, but it's close enough that I can't really argue strongly either way. I think some of the answers might be different here had the 2019-2020 gotten the chance to win the national championship it deserved. Garrett was the best defender in all of college basketball that year. Last year isn't the best measuring stick, both because I don't think he was entirely healthy for most of it and because he expended way more energy on the offensive end.

Which sucks. He’d have a much better look from scouts IMO if he were allowed to ball out on D, Rebound (he got an absurd number of rebounds) and slash on offense. I think he can fit on an NBA team. But he had to flounder and run plays to his weaknesses half the game. Film certainly wasn’t representative of his skills.

Chief Pagan 07-18-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15745348)
Which sucks. He’d have a much better look from scouts IMO if he were allowed to ball out on D, Rebound (he got an absurd number of rebounds) and slash on offense. I think he can fit on an NBA team. But he had to flounder and run plays to his weaknesses half the game. Film certainly wasn’t representative of his skills.

I wish him the best but it seems like he is going to be too big a liability on offense to get very many minutes unless he can really improve his three point shot.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-18-2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 15745417)
I wish him the best but it seems like he is going to be too big a liability on offense to get very many minutes unless he can really improve his three point shot.

Or any shot, for that matter.

Buehler445 07-18-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 15745417)

Probably right. I’m just looking at these finals rosters and all the ****ers that can’t play. Seems like If he was on Milwaukee today he’s get 10 min it’s just to guard Booker.

KC_Connection 07-18-2021 04:21 PM

Worse offensive players than Garrett have played in the league. It’s not impossible.

BWillie 07-18-2021 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15745529)
Worse offensive players than Garrett have played in the league. It’s not impossible.

Andre Roberson.

BigRedChief 07-18-2021 08:42 PM

So Chicago road trip?

Kansas, Gonzaga, UCLA and Michigan will snare No. 1 seeds in the 2022 NCAA Tournament, according to ESPN.com’s current bracketology put together by analyst Joe Lunardi.

ESPN.com published Lunardi’s latest predictions on Monday. They take into account recent announcements by college players concerning their status for the 2021 NBA Draft.

Last week, KU’s Ochai Agbaji, Jalen Wilson and Remy Martin indicated they would exit the draft and play at KU in 2021-22.

Lunardi believes KU will be awarded a No. 1 seed in the Midwest Regional, which has Chicago as host for Sweet 16 and Elite Eight games.

smithandrew051 07-18-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15745650)
So Chicago road trip?

Kansas, Gonzaga, UCLA and Michigan will snare No. 1 seeds in the 2022 NCAA Tournament, according to ESPN.com’s current bracketology put together by analyst Joe Lunardi.

ESPN.com published Lunardi’s latest predictions on Monday. They take into account recent announcements by college players concerning their status for the 2021 NBA Draft.

Last week, KU’s Ochai Agbaji, Jalen Wilson and Remy Martin indicated they would exit the draft and play at KU in 2021-22.

Lunardi believes KU will be awarded a No. 1 seed in the Midwest Regional, which has Chicago as host for Sweet 16 and Elite Eight games.

Man I hope so. I work in Chicago frequently, so I can probably schedule a work trip that week. The company I work with up there has tickets to everything, so I’ll probably get a hook up.

Titty Meat 07-18-2021 09:02 PM

Hard to imagine Texas not being a 1 seed that team is ****ing loaded

Buehler445 07-18-2021 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15745658)

Who’s the coach down there next year?

Titty Meat 07-18-2021 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15745706)
Who’s the coach down there next year?

Chris Beard. Fantastic coach IMO

Stole him from Texas Tech.

Titty Meat 07-18-2021 10:38 PM

You guys are getting Isaac Traudt to visit. This guy is my favorite recruit of the 2022 class currently ranked 67th on rivals. I know we are one of his favorites but I'm under no delusional that we can compete with the KU, MSU and UVAs of the world. Even though Fred just landed another top 100 player today his 11th 4/5* since being here.

Whoever gets Traudt is going to get 1 hell of a player.

Prison Bitch 07-18-2021 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15745658)

Legit threat to win it all this year no doubt.

BWillie 07-18-2021 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15745650)
So Chicago road trip?

Nah. I'd rather go to Orlando in the winter time. They are going to be in Orlando on Thanksgiving

BWillie 07-18-2021 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15745725)

Yes. I'm not too thrilled with it. I was honestly hoping Tech would hold onto him until Bill Self decided to jet, and then we could go get Beard at that time. He is just a GREAT GREAT coach.

ChiefsFanatic 07-18-2021 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 15743451)

T-Rele is one of my favorite players of all time, but his defensive specialty was chasing one player through 15 screens, and being in that players front pocket when he eventually did try to catch and shoot. He was also very, very good at anticipating passing lanes when off the ball. Releford is without a doubt one of the best defensive players Self has ever had.

But, he could not dominate a game on defense the way Garrett did. Even when Garrett didn't put up a lot of steals, he made it very difficult, and for some players impossible, for teams to run their offense through whoever he was guarding. Garrett was also a lock down perimeter defender.

A lot of us wished that Self hadn't played Garrett at PG because it hampered his defense, and to some extent put too much pressure on him to score. But, while Garrett was never a reliable outside threat, he was absolutely great at getting to the basket when we absolutely needed a score.

Some can argue with what I said, or criticize Self for using Garrett at PG, but the year Garrett played PG, we ended the season as the clear cut, far and away, best team in college basketball. So, it's hard to disparage Garrett's play at PG, or Self's decision to play him at PG.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

ChiefsFanatic 07-18-2021 11:30 PM

Oops

Buehler445 07-19-2021 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15745725)

Somehow I missed that. Thanks.

That blows. He’s a good coach at least from my perspective. I was hoping it would be another dopey hire like ****ing Shaka Smart.

Beard is pretty hard nosed. There’s a chance that won’t resonate with the players. I guess that’s the hope we have. You know other than Self being a Master.

lawrenceRaider 07-19-2021 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 15745754)
T-Rele is one of my favorite players of all time, but his defensive specialty was chasing one player through 15 screens, and being in that players front pocket when he eventually did try to catch and shoot. He was also very, very good at anticipating passing lanes when off the ball. Releford is without a doubt one of the best defensive players Self has ever had.

But, he could not dominate a game on defense the way Garrett did. Even when Garrett didn't put up a lot of steals, he made it very difficult, and for some players impossible, for teams to run their offense through whoever he was guarding. Garrett was also a lock down perimeter defender.

A lot of us wished that Self hadn't played Garrett at PG because it hampered his defense, and to some extent put too much pressure on him to score. But, while Garrett was never a reliable outside threat, he was absolutely great at getting to the basket when we absolutely needed a score.

Some can argue with what I said, or criticize Self for using Garrett at PG, but the year Garrett played PG, we ended the season as the clear cut, far and away, best team in college basketball. So, it's hard to disparage Garrett's play at PG, or Self's decision to play him at PG.

What are you talking about? Devon Dotson was the PG in 19-20. Garrett basically played the 3.

Al Czervik 07-19-2021 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15745814)
What are you talking about? Devon Dotson was the PG in 19-20. Garrett basically played the 3.

Exactly....
Garrett running the point last year was......Bad......

Kiimo 07-19-2021 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15745795)

Beard is pretty hard nosed. There’s a chance that won’t resonate with the players.

Thinking back on all the talent UT has had if they had a hard nosed coach they very likely would have gone a whole lot farther in the tournaments.

Beard to Texas is a problem.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-19-2021 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15746774)
Thinking back on all the talent UT has had if they had a hard nosed coach they very likely would have gone a whole lot farther in the tournaments.

Beard is an excellent head coach, and has a great lineup this year. Some rich transfers, in a very deep transfer class.

As a KU fan, it's kind of scary and exciting to think about the coming season.

I just hope to be able to actually WATCH THE GAMES.

Buehler445 07-19-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15746774)

Agreed. But there have been players self's approach hasn't worked with, so maybe.....?

sedated 07-21-2021 03:01 PM

More conference realignment talk? I thought we were over this stuff.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...up-per-report/

Texas and Oklahoma (possibly) interested in joining SEC

BWillie 07-21-2021 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 15749676)

Will never happen. And if it does, I'm fine with the Mountain West. KU basketball transcends conference. Gonzaga has shown you don't need a conference.

Chief Pagan 07-21-2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15749719)
Will never happen. And if it does, I'm fine with the Mountain West. KU basketball transcends conference. Gonzaga has shown you don't need a conference.

Gonzaga has shown you can be a BB power house in a weak conference but they haven’t shown you can sustain a long tradition over multiple coaches.

I would rather see KU basketball go to the ACC.

A truly great coach can carry any school.

Like a Calipari at Memphis. But Being in a weak conference would make things harder.

sedated 07-21-2021 05:10 PM

Being in a weak conference increases the chances Self leaves, between playing lesser schools and not having major conference money. And top coaches don't want to go to a midmajor.

Big 10 seems like a nice geographical fit, and the rumor last time around was that KU was on the list if conferences all went up to 16 teams.

Kiimo 07-21-2021 08:01 PM

Kansas would not go to the Mountain West. We went through this last time. Everybody telling us we're gonna get screwed. The Big 10 and the Pac 10 both came calling. A lot of conferences want KU's basketball program, it has value no matter what MU chodes tell you

RaidersOftheCellar 07-21-2021 08:09 PM

Beard gets all the credit for Tech's success, as head coaches always do, but Mark Adams was the true brain behind the operation. He created and implemented the defense they're known for and was responsible for in-game adjustments. Take that away and you're left with a very poor man's motion offense that couldn't crack the top 150.

Beard will obviously win a decent number of games due to sheer talent level, but he's not an Xs and Os wizard by any means.

Mr. Plow 07-21-2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15749944)
Kansas would not go to the Mountain West. We went through this last time. Everybody telling us we're gonna get screwed. The Big 10 and the Pac 10 both came calling. A lot of conferences want KU's basketball program, it has value no matter what MU chodes tell you

Those MU guys know that if this happens, it just means they are 2 spots lower in the SEC. if that's possible.

BWillie 07-21-2021 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 15749954)
Beard gets all the credit for Tech's success, as head coaches always do, but Mark Adams was the true brain behind the operation. He created and implemented the defense they're known for and was responsible for in-game adjustments. Take that away and you're left with a very poor man's motion offense that couldn't crack the top 150.

Beard will obviously win a decent number of games due to sheer talent level, but he's not an Xs and Os wizard by any means.

Interesting take. Hope you are right.

Titty Meat 07-21-2021 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 15749798)
Being in a weak conference increases the chances Self leaves, between playing lesser schools and not having major conference money. And top coaches don't want to go to a midmajor.

Big 10 seems like a nice geographical fit, and the rumor last time around was that KU was on the list if conferences all went up to 16 teams.

I support this

Chiefspants 07-21-2021 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 15749676)

The Big 12 was always thinking 10 years out.

The other major players were always thinking 50 years out…

That was always my impression, at least.

Buehler445 07-22-2021 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15750111)
The Big 12 was always thinking 10 years out.

The other major players were always thinking 50 years out…

That was always my impression, at least.

Not trying to be a prick here, but what does the 50 year picture look like?

10 years has changed so much that it’s hard to even wrap my mind around it.

And this coming from a guy that pushes pretty hard on that direction professionally.

Lzen 07-22-2021 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15749944)

Is that so? Not saying you're wrong I just never heard that. Good to know, I guess. And of course the KU hoops program is worth a power conference bid even if the football program has been garbage for over a decade.

BigRedChief 07-22-2021 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 15749798)

KU football to the Big 10 too?

lawrenceRaider 07-22-2021 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15750227)

Allows the good teams in the Big 10 to schedule better out of conference games because they know they have an automatic win vs KU.

Pablo 07-22-2021 08:01 AM

Quote:

They let Rutgers and Maryland in who bring positively nothing in any sport.

BigRedChief 07-22-2021 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15750233)
Allows the good teams in the Big 10 to schedule better out of conference games because they know they have an automatic win vs KU.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 15750238)

Where ever they go it needs to support a post-Self coach. Self can go anywhere and be successful. The next one???? No guarantees.

Look at NC. Until Williams came back they floundered around and they were in a good conference.

Chiefspants 07-22-2021 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15750124)
Not trying to be a prick here, but what does the 50 year picture look like?

10 years has changed so much that it’s hard to even wrap my mind around it.

And this coming from a guy that pushes pretty hard on that direction professionally.

Oh no worries, it doesn’t read that way in the slightest.

I think it felt like the Big 12 was always just trying to patch up their conference to keep it together, but just like last time, if Texas or Oklahoma threaten to leave, that’s all it takes for the whole conference to come apart.

The other conferences, by comparison, seem to have far more stability.

Of course a change in government policy could change the entire NCAA at any time, so that’s a good point.

tredadda 07-22-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 15750238)

Rutgers and Maryland are in far more densely populated areas. Pretty sure if that weren't the case they would not have invited either as they really don't bring much beyond that.

BigRedChief 07-22-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15750283)
Rutgers and Maryland are in far more densely populated areas. Pretty sure if that weren't the case they would not have invited either as they really don't bring much beyond that.

No shit. It was all about the TV reach.

Buehler445 07-22-2021 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15750261)
Oh no worries, it doesn’t read that way in the slightest.

I think it felt like the Big 12 was always just trying to patch up their conference to keep it together, but just like last time, if Texas or Oklahoma threaten to leave, that’s all it takes for the whole conference to come apart.

The other conferences, by comparison, seem to have far more stability.

Of course a change in government policy could change the entire NCAA at any time, so that’s a good point.

Makes a lot of sense. And I agree.

Although I'd say it's more in the 1/5 instead of 10/50 timeframe. More along the lines of putting out fires rather than managing the forest.

Kiimo 07-22-2021 02:43 PM

KU in the Big 10 would make for some excellent basketball.

And I'm not sure how familiar you are but trust me you're gonna HATE Maryland fans

Prison Bitch 07-27-2021 05:44 PM

We’re going to the ACC.

Mr. Plow 07-27-2021 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 15758294)
We’re going to the ACC.

Info or a guess?

Wouldn't bother me. Would be done good match ups.

Prison Bitch 07-27-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 15758323)
Info or a guess?

Wouldn't bother me. Would be done good match ups.

I’m told that’s where ESPN is telling us they want our program.

As to *why*.....took me a day or two to piece it together. But I think I’ve got it.

Kentucky might be coming along.

Mr. Plow 07-27-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 15758341)

As to *why*.....took me a day or two to piece it together. But I think I’ve got it.

Interesting. Throw UK in there with KU, UNC, & Duke you have yourself the top basketball league in the country.

Mr. Plow 07-27-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 15758341)

Oh, and what's the why?

Prison Bitch 07-27-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 15758357)
Oh, and what's the why?

Superleagues.

Guess who owns the rights - long term even - to the SEC and ACC?

Mr. Plow 07-27-2021 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 15758370)
Superleagues.

Guess who owns the rights - long term even - to the SEC and ACC?

I'm guessing....... The weather channel? :p

Prison Bitch 07-27-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 15758385)
I'm guessing....... The weather channel? :p

Ha. Espn.

Fox has BIG and PAC.

Imagine a world where all the best properties are in ESPNs portfolio. Why pay big $$$ for lesser properties? Why would Fox or anyone take on ESPNs new model?

smithandrew051 07-27-2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 15758356)
Interesting. Throw UK in there with KU, UNC, & Duke you have yourself the top basketball league in the country.

That would be awesome, but I’m curious how UNC and Duke will do with their new hires. Neither is particularly impressive.

Mr. Plow 07-27-2021 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 15758399)
Ha. Espn.

Fox has BIG and PAC.

Imagine a world where all the best properties are in ESPNs portfolio. Why pay big $$$ for lesser properties? Why would Fox or anyone take on ESPNs new model?

Just like movies, Disney is trying to own everything.

Prison Bitch 07-27-2021 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 15758445)
Just like movies, Disney is trying to own everything.

Here’s the beauty: they don’t even need to own all the conferences. They’ll have it all in just two leagues, which span the growth areas of the USA

Every FB recruit will want to play SEC, every BB in the ACC. They’ll dominate the sports cable ratings from Labor Day thru Easter.

Every other league is f****. But who’s got the most to lose? The 2 Fox properties. Hence the “mega merger” talk. (It won’t save them anyway)

Mr. Plow 07-27-2021 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 15758469)
Here’s the beauty: they don’t even need to own all the conferences. They’ll have it all in just two leagues, which span the growth areas of the USA

Every FB recruit will want to play SEC, every BB in the ACC. They’ll dominate the sports cable ratings from Labor Day thru Easter.

Every other league is f****. But who’s got the most to lose? The 2 Fox properties. Hence the “mega merger” talk. (It won’t save them anyway)

It's gonna get interesting to see what unfolds

Prison Bitch 07-27-2021 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 15758473)
It's gonna get interesting to see what unfolds

I’m going so off the radar with this but here goes:

Leagues will swap Kentucky + Vandy (for Clemson and Florida State).

It’s crazy. But you following my logic?

Mr. Plow 07-27-2021 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 15758475)

I see what you're getting at

smithandrew051 07-27-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Monster basketball and football conferences. I like it.

Prison Bitch 07-27-2021 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15758571)
Monster basketball and football conferences. I like it.

So does Disney. In the “war for content” they plan to win.

ACC share: $28m
BIG share: $54m

So the cost to acquire Kansas is *half* for the ACC what it is for the BIG based on the TV contract per school. Imagine a company which could borrow at half the interest rate of its competitor.

Who gets the purchase?

ping2000 07-27-2021 10:13 PM

Quote:

Kids may die on the field if that happened.

Buehler445 07-27-2021 10:23 PM

Fascinating shit. Thanks PB. We’ll see how it shakes out.

ChiefsFanatic 07-28-2021 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15745814)

Yeah, sorry, that post was sponsored by Ambien.

lawrenceRaider 07-28-2021 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 15759091)
Yeah, sorry, that post was sponsored by Ambien.

Ambien is the devil. It was a nightmare for my wife getting off that crap, but worth it because of the shitty side effects.

Lzen 07-28-2021 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15750863)
KU in the Big 10 would make for some excellent basketball.

And I'm not sure how familiar you are but trust me you're gonna HATE Maryland fans

I've hated Maryland fans since 2002 and we played them in the FF.

O.city 07-28-2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

How would you incentivize Kentucky to leave the SEC though?

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-28-2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15759349)
How would you incentivize Kentucky to leave the SEC though?

"Hi there, my name is Bob. I'm your conference recruitment officer. Come to the ACC and you won't have to play Alabama in football. On the flip side, you also won't have to play Alabama in Basketball, so it's a Win-Win."