ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Loki Trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=335568)

DaneMcCloud 06-24-2021 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 15720077)
I get all of these news/entertainment stories that pop up in my browser when I first open it. I like to look through them just to see if anything jumps out at me. Three times now there has been a story in there and the head line is a damn spoiler on the show. I am about ready to hunt down these damn writers and kick their ass.

The only way to avoid spoilers for a high profile series like Loki is to completely avoid the internet because headlines will pop up on every news site and even YouTube.

I had to go on YT for one my kids yesterday and the right side of the YouTube window were spoilers from Wednesday's episode of Loki. I actually had to put my hand up to block the right side of the screen because I couldn't get to the show until late last night and I didn't want to see any spoilers.

And whatever you do, avoid this thread and the MCU thread until you've watched new episodes or you'll inadvertently get spoiled.

KC_Connection 06-26-2021 04:29 AM

I get what they were trying to do with E3 (developing both Sylvie as a character and also the relationship between the two of them) but it felt like they kind of lost a lot of the momentum they had coming out of E2. There was quite the cliffhanger coming out of that episode (the bombing of the central timeline) and instead of showing the impact of that (and/or progressing further in revealing the motives of the TVA/Timekeepers), they just Loki stuck on a destroyed moon for the entire episode. Some pretty cool imagery throughout, but I don't know that you can really devote an episode to that in a six episode series. Hope the story starts moving again in E4.

BWillie 06-28-2021 10:45 PM

Man, its so weird. I have the exact opposite reaction than most of your. I thought E1 was down right terrible. E2 ok and E3 was great. It changed where I thought this show is going. I really was scared it was going to be the boring TVA and some dumb superhero procedural TV show.

Raiderhater 06-29-2021 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15725044)
Man, its so weird. I have the exact opposite reaction than most of your. I thought E1 was down right terrible. E2 ok and E3 was great. It changed where I thought this show is going. I really was scared it was going to be the boring TVA and some dumb superhero procedural TV show.

This surprises absolutely no one.

BleedingRed 06-29-2021 11:21 AM

Lol

BWillie 06-29-2021 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15721985)
I get what they were trying to do with E3 (developing both Sylvie as a character and also the relationship between the two of them) but it felt like they kind of lost a lot of the momentum they had coming out of E2. There was quite the cliffhanger coming out of that episode (the bombing of the central timeline) and instead of showing the impact of that (and/or progressing further in revealing the motives of the TVA/Timekeepers), they just Loki stuck on a destroyed moon for the entire episode. Some pretty cool imagery throughout, but I don't know that you can really devote an episode to that in a six episode series. Hope the story starts moving again in E4.

It did.

Spoiler!

staylor26 06-29-2021 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 15725096)
This surprises absolutely no one.

LMAO

luv 06-29-2021 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15725620)
It did.

Spoiler!

That was episode 3.

BWillie 06-29-2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 15725815)
That was episode 3.

Yes, and AFAIK episode 4 is not out yet.

KC_Connection 06-30-2021 01:57 AM

Holy shit. Certainly no issues with moving forward the story with that one, that felt like a series finale. Both action packed and emotional. And if there weren't enough crazy moments throughout the body of the episode, just stick around for the mid-credits scene.

No idea where they go from here.

KC_Connection 06-30-2021 02:00 AM

I'm also still not sure they accomplished everything they wanted to with E3, but without it, E4 certainly wouldn't have packed the same punch.

RunKC 06-30-2021 10:29 AM

Holy shit. This episode made up for last weeks.

Spoiler!

keg in kc 06-30-2021 12:58 PM

That was pretty ****ing good.

Graystoke 06-30-2021 01:30 PM

Meh.
Episode 1 and 2 were awesome, 3 not so much.

Fish 06-30-2021 04:38 PM

Holy shit, that was crazy.

RunKC 06-30-2021 07:22 PM

Loki theory:

Spoiler!

Baby Lee 06-30-2021 09:46 PM

Time loops, man

<iframe width="1110" height="624" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6Z39UAaeKrI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also; Is the Moljnir or Fauxjnir in Boastful Loki's hand?

Tribal Warfare 06-30-2021 10:09 PM

I thought this would be more of a mind****, good show but not enough twists and turns to justify Loki being in it

BigRedChief 06-30-2021 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15725044)

No idea what you were watching but, episode 1 killed it.

BWillie 06-30-2021 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15727484)
No idea what you were watching but, episode 1 killed it.

You must have wanted Loki to be an agent working for the TVA then, which would be shit ass television. Ep 3 and 4 were soo much better and finally can see what direction this is going.

mr. tegu 07-01-2021 08:24 AM

That was a good episode. I don’t know if comic fans saw it coming at the end or that’s part of the established story but I didn’t see it coming.

Spoiler!

Graystoke 07-01-2021 11:08 AM

Episode 4 was much better.
Confused as to who/what are the Time Keepers

staylor26 07-01-2021 12:22 PM

Great ****ing episode. Easily the best so far.

Can’t wait for episode 5. Hiddleston said 4 & 5 were his favorites and 4 obviously didn’t disappoint.

BWillie 07-01-2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 15727874)
Episode 4 was much better.
Confused as to who/what are the Time Keepers

I'm hoping it is some sort of AI.

I don't read comics or know shit about Avenger stuff, so I have no idea if they are foreshadowing anything.

BleedingRed 07-01-2021 03:27 PM

It pretty obvious why the main chick (Judge lady) is trying to cover for her love interest.....

Just saying

BigRedChief 07-01-2021 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 15727668)
That was a good episode. I don’t know if comic fans saw it coming at the end or that’s part of the established story but I didn’t see it coming.

Spoiler!

Not sure why that was in a spoiler. I thought the etiquette was if it’s aired, it’s spoiler free. Your thoughts/speculation on what could occur are always fair game?

Is that not the norm in media center?

BleedingRed 07-02-2021 10:39 AM

*speculation*

Kang is behind everything, and Judge lady is covering for him

BWillie 07-02-2021 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 15729075)
*speculation*

Who is Kang? I recall no Kang being in this show.

DaneMcCloud 07-02-2021 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 15729075)
*speculation*

Kang might be the puppetmaster behind the TVA but I'll be surprised if even he anticipated Loki and Enchantress falling in love and creating a reality that can't be pruned.

staylor26 07-02-2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15729119)
Kang might be the puppetmaster behind the TVA but I'll be surprised if even he anticipated Loki and Enchantress falling in love and creating a reality that can't be pruned.

Obviously it’s a bit different because Kang has been casted, so we know he’s going to pop up in the next Ant Man at the latest, but I’m not getting caught in the Mephisto trap again lol.

Jamie 07-02-2021 01:03 PM

It's funny, if they stick to the comics everyone is barking up a (slightly) wrong tree with Kang. The thing to understand about Kang is that he's sort of like Loki in this show, in the sense there are different versions of him from different times that want different things (and often come into conflict with each other). The version everyone is looking for is actually Immortus.

BleedingRed 07-02-2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 15729283)
It's funny, if they stick to the comics everyone is barking up a (slightly) wrong tree with Kang. The thing to understand about Kang is that he's sort of like Loki in this show, in the sense there are different versions of him from different times that want different things (and often come into conflict with each other). The version everyone is looking for is actually Immortus.

Yeah but like the comics Judge lady and Kang were a thing, Wilson’s character already mentioned a “analyst on the side”

Skyy God 07-02-2021 09:27 PM

Great episode.

This show (and WandaVision) is a million times better than the craptastic Falcon.

Bowser 07-03-2021 09:47 AM

So are we to assume that when a person is disintegrated by the TVA that they aren't dead, but transported to another cut-off reality? And does that apply to when they reset timelines, as well?

Fish 07-03-2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15729846)
So are we to assume that when a person is disintegrated by the TVA that they aren't dead, but transported to another cut-off reality? And does that apply to when they reset timelines, as well?

I'm confused about that as well. Whether it's just a Loki thing, or whether it applies to any variant that gets zapped. Like Mobius.

cabletech94 07-04-2021 06:01 AM

Episodes 1 and 2=excellentl!!
Episode 3=filler, let-down. Sets up:
Episode 4=BADASS!!! FINALLY, A MID-CREDIT SCENE!!!! IM SO HARD NOW!!!!

(but really, what an excellent watch!! While still giving more questions than answers!!!)

P.S. Thanks for Lady Sif, one of my personal faves!!!

Tribal Warfare 07-04-2021 09:45 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We spoke with <a href="https://twitter.com/LokiOfficial?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@LokiOfficial</a> director Kate Herron about Sylvie&#39;s Nexus Event and why her massive timeline-demolition efforts didn&#39;t get more focus in Episode 2. <a href="https://t.co/YGreKFzqon">https://t.co/YGreKFzqon</a></p>&mdash; CinemaBlend (@CinemaBlend) <a href="https://twitter.com/CinemaBlend/status/1411709636231655426?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Spoiler!

RunKC 07-07-2021 10:52 AM

This episode was great. Hard to think they could top last weeks but they just keep getting better.

Also…

Spoiler!

Bowser 07-07-2021 07:10 PM

Oh yeah, this is Wednesday, huh? BRB.....

Tribal Warfare 07-07-2021 08:31 PM

I still believe Mobius is a Loki

Fish 07-07-2021 09:40 PM

Who in the **** designed Disney+'s web interface? Because holy shit it's unintuitive and stupid....

Bowser 07-07-2021 10:16 PM

That was fun, easily the best episode yet. And the throwbacks!

https://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i...fc24/clean.jpg

https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/th...CopterCrop.jpg

Bowser 07-07-2021 11:03 PM

And I'm relatively sure the older Loki was Loki from the actual Marvel comics, maybe even 616.

Graystoke 07-08-2021 07:00 AM

That was a great episode. A little touchy feely with the Loki in love with Loki shit, but enjoyable.
I don't think we have seen the end of Classic Loki (swallowed up by the Alioth). They made a pretty big point about his God like powers, and he is a Loki after all, so he may have some tricks up his sleeve.

luv 07-08-2021 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15733761)
I still believe Mobius is a Loki

I've always thought this, too.

luv 07-08-2021 07:30 AM

I wasn't quite as big of a fan of this episode. Loki just doesn't seem like Loki anymore. And an alligator? I dunno. Hoping Episode 6 is grand. It's only six episodes, right?

Bowser 07-08-2021 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 15734034)
I wasn't quite as big of a fan of this episode. Loki just doesn't seem like Loki anymore. And an alligator? I dunno. Hoping Episode 6 is grand. It's only six episodes, right?

Yep, just six. And boo to your take, lol. I thought it was quirky and great. Plus they found a way to get the right hand scene in there, as well.

Just noticed that the official Disney+ site describing the series has a mistake in the description - it states the events of this series take place after the events of Endgame. That is incorrect, they take place after the first Avengers movie.

Sorce 07-08-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15734047)
Yep, just six. And boo to your take, lol. I thought it was quirky and great. Plus they found a way to get the right hand scene in there, as well.

Just noticed that the official Disney+ site describing the series has a mistake in the description - it states the events of this series take place after the events of Endgame. That is incorrect, they take place after the first Avengers movie.

Didn't they mention that the Avengers were supposed to do their time heist stuff so it wasn't a nexus event. They are also jumping all around time so it's hard to say. My assumption was "Current" at the TVA is after Endgame even though they nabbed Loki from the past just after the first avengers and brought him forward.

Bowser 07-08-2021 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorce (Post 15734148)
Didn't they mention that the Avengers were supposed to do their time heist stuff so it wasn't a nexus event. They are also jumping all around time so it's hard to say. My assumption was "Current" at the TVA is after Endgame even though they nabbed Loki from the past just after the first avengers and brought him forward.

Yeah quite possibly. Just from Loki's perspective is it right after the first Avengers flick. I guess they DID have the tape on him dying at the hands of Thanos....

DaneMcCloud 07-08-2021 11:58 AM

I realize that most people familiar with the comics expect the "Big Bad" to be Kang The Conqueror but I've thought all along that it's a Loki Variant pulling the strings, which is why so many Loki's have been pruned from the timeline.

The bigger question for me is where does "our" Loki fit? Does he eradicate the Loki running the TVA and if so, do he and Silvie go back to 2012? Or do they go to the main timeline (616) in 2024?

Where he fits back into the timeline is more important than who's behind the TVA, IMO. Hopefully, the series won't be open ended.

One more thing: Feige has said that some of the upcoming Marvel TV series could have a second season and before Loki aired, it was believed that Loki was a prime candidate for a Season 2, but after the way the events of this series have unfolded, I no longer think that's the case.

I sure hope the finale is better than TFATWS.

Jamie 07-08-2021 01:39 PM

I was in on the variant Loki theory (it fits the best thematically) until this most recent episode. After a room full of Lokis it would be a little underwhelming to have it be another Loki. And what would be the version? Best Loki? I guess it could be. The Loki that won trying to keep potential rival Lokis down by maintaining the timeline where he loses and dies.

I guess I still I think Immortus (who I maintain is distinct from Kang) is most likely. Another possibilty that I haven't seen discussed much is that it could be a variant of Ravona, or even Mobius.

GloucesterChief 07-08-2021 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 15734549)
I was in on the variant Loki theory (it fits the best thematically) until this most recent episode. After a room full of Lokis it would be a little underwhelming to have it be another Loki. And what would be the version? Best Loki? I guess it could be. The Loki that won trying to keep potential rival Lokis down by maintaining the timeline where he loses and dies.

I guess I still I think Immortus (who I maintain is distinct from Kang) is most likely. Another possibilty that I haven't seen discussed much is that it could be a variant of Ravona, or even Mobius.

Could certainly be Immortus making sure that Kang turns into him rather than Rama Tut.

DaneMcCloud 07-08-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

The problem with introducing Kang, or any other new villain at this point, is that it's just too much to pack into the finale. There just isn't enough time to fill in Kang's backstory and provide a satisfactory conclusion to the series.

Ant Man-Quantumania won't be released until some time in 2023, so it would be very strange for Marvel to use him as the main villain of Loki when he won't be seen again in the MCU for another 2 years.

I think it's more likely that a Loki is behind the TVA and our Loki defeats him, freeing all of the remaining Loki variants, including Young Loki, who will eventually appear in the Young Avengers.

Tribal Warfare 07-08-2021 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15734626)
The problem with introducing Kang, or any other new villain at this point, is that it's just too much to pack into the finale. There just isn't enough time to fill in Kang's backstory and provide a satisfactory conclusion to the series.

Ant Man-Quantumania won't be released until some time in 2023, so it would be very strange for Marvel to use him as the main villain of Loki when he won't be seen again in the MCU for another 2 years.

I think it's more likely that a Loki is behind the TVA and our Loki defeats him, freeing all of the remaining Loki variants, including Young Loki, who will eventually appear in the Young Avengers.

Originally I believed they were attempting to retcon Mutants in the MCU especially the TVA using the " Apocalypse" qualifier

DaneMcCloud 07-08-2021 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15734643)
Originally I believed they were attempting to retcon Mutants in the MCU especially the TVA using the " Apocalypse" qualifier

Yeah, that makes some sense but I think that when Marvel decides to introduce the X-Men, it'll be in a feature film and not a Disney+ TV series.

Tribal Warfare 07-08-2021 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15734657)
Yeah, that makes some sense but I think that when Marvel decides to introduce the X-Men, it'll be in a feature film and not a Disney+ TV series.

It could be a quick reveal that could be inserted in another property like Ant-Man's endcredit scene In Captain America: Civil War

Sorce 07-08-2021 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15734702)
It could be a quick reveal that could be inserted in another property like Ant-Man's endcredit scene In Captain America: Civil War

With the post credit scenes it's more often a nod to comic fans that know who these characters are. It's not part of the movies because there isn't time to make it make sense for the majority.

I feel like in one episode there isn't time to introduce a new bad guy and resolve the series. I think if it's someone we already know. Even if it's for a character in a movie I think you have to wrap up the show. Also I'm not sure how much the theatrical movies can rely on you having watched a Disney+ show.

Baby Lee 07-08-2021 04:05 PM

SO . . . MUCH . . . DETAIL. . .

This is nearly as fun as the episode itself.

<iframe width="1110" height="624" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cB04Re6_Fp4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare 07-08-2021 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorce (Post 15734726)
With the post credit scenes it's more often a nod to comic fans that know who these characters are. It's not part of the movies because there isn't time to make it make sense for the majority.

I feel like in one episode there isn't time to introduce a new bad guy and resolve the series. I think if it's someone we already know. Even if it's for a character in a movie I think you have to wrap up the show. Also I'm not sure how much the theatrical movies can rely on you having watched a Disney+ show.

Not to introduce but harvest the Mutant movement by innocuous ploys for power or influence to create more Mutants he'd more like Essex in the beginning because of the retcon.

Bowser 07-08-2021 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15734768)
Not to introduce but harvest the Mutant movement by innocuous ploys for power or influence to create more Mutants he'd more like Essex in the beginning because of the retcon.

The Eternals movie is going to introduce the MCU mutants, I'm sure of it. Eternals, Deviants, and Humans with powers that evolve over time, that's what the Celestials grew on Earth.

And I think I agree with Dane - there's no time for a major baddie introduction in the series finale. It's going to be some type of ascended Loki....one that rules Asgard and/or the Yodenheim or has a chest full of infinity stones/gauntlets or is an ancient Loki fulfilling a millennium long plan, or some other type of device. Maybe they'll "hint" at another character that "could" show up down the road, but it would have to be quick solid work to pull it off.

Bowser 07-08-2021 04:32 PM

Well shit, I'm 5 minutes into the NR video and I might have to go back on everything I said, haha.

Fish 07-08-2021 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15734765)
SO . . . MUCH . . . DETAIL. . .

This is nearly as fun as the episode itself.

<iframe width="1110" height="624" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cB04Re6_Fp4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Verrrry interesting....

Fish 07-08-2021 05:28 PM

It's insane the lengths these guys go to when breaking down these episodes. Crazy details that I completely missed.

Bowser 07-08-2021 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15734838)
It's insane the lengths these guys go to when breaking down these episodes. Crazy details that I completely missed.

And there was a LOT that I never even registered. That video makes the episode that much better, honestly.

Sorce 07-08-2021 08:29 PM

What if it isn't a "bad guy" could it be Dr. Strange? He saw so many scenarios with Thanos. Could he have created the TVA to make sure a Thanos situation doesn't happen again?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

KC_Lee 07-09-2021 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorce (Post 15734977)
What if it isn't a "bad guy" could it be Dr. Strange? He saw so many scenarios with Thanos. Could he have created the TVA to make sure a Thanos situation doesn't happen again?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Seen a couple of theories that Mordo from Dr. Strange is the big baddie behind this.

BigRedChief 07-09-2021 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 15735141)
Seen a couple of theories that Mordo from Dr. Strange is the big baddie behind this.

I hope not. Dr. Strange as a bad guy? That would be stupid decision.

Now, Dr. Strange keeping the timeline as part of his job to benefit all, not for his personal power, that would be keeping within his character.

KC_Lee 07-09-2021 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15735220)
I hope not. Dr. Strange as a bad guy? That would be stupid decision.

Now, Dr. Strange keeping the timeline as part of his job to benefit all, not for his personal power, that would be keeping within his character.

Remember, Mordo got all pissy when Dr. Strange reversed time when battling with Kaecilius and his Zealots.

Some Mordo quotes from Dr. Strange that supports this theory;

Quote:

Temporal manipulations can create branches in time. Unstable dimensional openings. Spatial paradoxes! Time loops! You wanna get stuck reliving the same moment over and over forever or never having existed at all?
Quote:

The bill comes due. Don't you see? Her transgressions led to the Zealots to Dormammu. Kaecilius... was her fault! And here we are... in the consequence of her deception. A world on fire.
Quote:

Dr. Stephen Strange: We did it.
Baron Mordo: Yes. Yes, we did it. By also violating the natural law.
Dr. Stephen Strange: Look around you. It's over.
Baron Mordo: You think there will be no consequences, Strange? No price to pay? We broke our rules, just like her. The bill comes due. Always!

Tribal Warfare 07-09-2021 10:20 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Loki?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Loki</a> nearly had <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FrogThor?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#FrogThor</a> in the very first episode: <a href="https://t.co/tUYKEbESzu">https://t.co/tUYKEbESzu</a></p>&mdash; SuperHeroHype by Mandatory (@SuperHeroHype) <a href="https://twitter.com/SuperHeroHype/status/1413531992344305670?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 9, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud 07-09-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 15735141)

WandaVision and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier have shown us that while these TV series are interconnected to the overall MCU, they're also very self-contained.

Sam Wilson, Bucky Barnes, Wanda Maximoff and Loki all made decisions that greatly affected their lives. Wanda's grief led to the manipulation of hundreds of innocent people's lives, Sam turned down the shield, Bucky decided to eschew the ways of an assassins and atone for his misdeeds and Loki has come to realize that he's not who he thought he was for basically his entire life.

The "demons" or the "Big Bads" aren't Mephisto or Kang or The Flag Smashers/Val Demmings, the antagonists of these TV series are the main characters themselves. These are damaged people that are trying to make sense of their lives and become better humans. We see the aftermath of Sam's decision and Wanda's grief and thousands of bad decisions made by Loki. Bucky was brainwashed to assassinate people for Hydra but he also knows that he did commit those assassinations. Each character made a decision to put themselves in the position we find them in at the beginning of each TV series and it's up to them to figure their way out.

Maybe Kang or someone else is the head of the TVA and pulling all of the strings but that would almost negate Loki's journey of self-discovery. If everything that's happened to Loki since Endgame is someone else's doing, then it would be easy for Loki to go back to being "evil" Loki, destined to repeat the all of the bad decisions that landed him at the TVA in the first place (along with all of the other Loki's).

I realize that many people want to see the X Men or any number of supervillains but it just doesn't seem as if those were in the plans. The other thing to keep in mind is that Disney/Marvel had absolutely no idea that Disney+ would be as successful as it is today, so I find it difficult to believe that they would launch such characters in a format in which they expected so few to actually subscribe and watch.

Disney+ initially hoped to have 10 million subscribers by the end of 2020 and hoped to have 50 million by the end of 2023. Maybe it was accelerated by the pandemic or The Mandalorian or any number of factors but Disney has 105 million paying subscribers, a number they didn't initially think they'd hit until the mid-to-late 2020's, so it's important to keep that in mind when watching these series that were planned way back in 2018 and went into production in 2019 and early 2020.

Now that Disney+ is firmly established with 100+ million paying subs, with more and more territories poised to launch in the coming years, maybe some of the upcoming series will push the envelope and introduce new villains.

But I have my doubts that begins with Loki.

Tribal Warfare 07-10-2021 12:40 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">EXCLUSIVE‼️ <a href="https://twitter.com/ViewsFrom616?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ViewsFrom616</a> interviewed <a href="https://twitter.com/iamkateherron?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@iamkateherron</a> and she revealed that <a href="https://twitter.com/chrishemsworth?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@chrishemsworth</a> is the voice of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Throg?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Throg</a> the Frog Thor<br>in Episode Five of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Loki?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Loki</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ReleaseTheThrogCut?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ReleaseTheThrogCut</a> ⛈<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PrayersForPuddleGulp?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PrayersForPuddleGulp</a> 🐸 <a href="https://t.co/2TIyvf1Mk8">pic.twitter.com/2TIyvf1Mk8</a></p>&mdash; Twitch.tv/ForAllNerds (@ForAllNerds) <a href="https://twitter.com/ForAllNerds/status/1413894361981624326?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 10, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigRedChief 07-14-2021 12:12 AM

I’m up so I’m going to watch this finale at 3:00 am.

BigRedChief 07-14-2021 12:47 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LOKI?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LOKI</a> if we don’t see mobius on a jet ski this episode i’m suing marvel <a href="https://t.co/8c1Hvyyxxr">pic.twitter.com/8c1Hvyyxxr</a></p>&mdash; ava ४ (@avaastel) <a href="https://twitter.com/avaastel/status/1415200202961588225?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 14, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigRedChief 07-14-2021 01:48 AM

Okay so riddle me this……. How does this
Spoiler!

DaneMcCloud 07-14-2021 01:50 AM

Well, I was completely wrong, lol. What a bold move!

DaneMcCloud 07-14-2021 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15740187)
Okay so riddle me this……. How does this
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

KC_Connection 07-14-2021 02:01 AM

Well that certainly didn't disappoint. A good culmination of this season with the multiverse explosion as well as what appears to be the introduction of the primary villain in Phase 4.

Also glad to see there's a season 2 to further explore these characters.

KC_Connection 07-14-2021 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15740189)
Spoiler!

Mid-credit scene says there is a S2. Makes sense given what was effectively a cliffhanger ending.

KC_Connection 07-14-2021 02:15 AM

What information did he send Renslayer early in the episode after Loki/Sylvie arrived and why/where did she go after that?

Jamie 07-14-2021 02:22 AM

Quote:

I guess I still I think Immortus (who I maintain is distinct from Kang) is most likely.

Nailed it. :p They didn't say Immortus, but that's who that was.