ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Lucas Niang opts out... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=332849)

Gravedigger 08-06-2020 10:45 AM

Reid pulled Wisniewski off the heap last year late in the season and then he played in the Super Bowl for us and got a big contract somewhere else. Worst this does is delays his growth by a year. We'll be fine.

Sassy Squatch 08-06-2020 10:47 AM

Cool, we get an extra year of cheap control if he turns out to be a talented OL. Enjoy quarantine, my guy.

Ebolapox 08-06-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 15102562)
You kind of have been....

It's good to see people with such sound mind, reasoning and communication skills in charge of indoctrinating the future leaders of the country.

I guess everyone isn't looking for a free payday, dooooosh.

you're literally the most reeruned high school graduate that iowa ever pooped out. jesus christ, you've gotten by with the 'omg he was from the first day of chiefsplanet! and he insults people!' schtick for decades literally.

you should be kinda sad, really. you're still iowanian from 7/31/2000.

bro, I've graduated high school, college, gotten a phd, gone through a childless divorce, gotten married, had two kids, and gotten a chiefs super bowl. this and many life events have shaped me since then. many personal beliefs and things have changed, I've evolved.

you're still you. the average person changes fundamentally every seven years or so data says. you're still mongoloid iowanian. god I feel so bad for brideiowanian. do you drag your knuckles when you walk still, all these two decades later? ever gotten a 23 and me? I suspect a lot of neanderthal DNA.

****ing evolve, man. life changes, you need to change with it otherwise you're just another boomer.

ChiefBlueCFC 08-06-2020 10:50 AM

Good luck to him. Allows him to get more familiar with the offense and rest up that knee fully.

Sassy Squatch 08-06-2020 10:50 AM

After seeing the mess the Marlins and Cardinals staff and players have gotten themselves into because of a couple of stupid selfish ****wads, don't blame a single person for opting out of that type of environment.

FloridaMan88 08-06-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC (Post 15102591)
Good luck to him. Allows him to get more familiar with the offense and rest up that knee fully.

Not sure how he can get more familiar with the offense while having zero contact (even remote contact) with the team until April 2021.

Titty Meat 08-06-2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15102592)
After seeing the mess the Marlins and Cardinals staff and players have gotten themselves into because of a couple of stupid selfish ****wads, don't blame a single person for opting out of that type of environment.

The part I dont get is how college football has extra bye weeks built in with the expectation some shit will happen. The NFL hasnt made any adjustments. I just dont see how things will go smoothly 16 weeks in a row with no interruptions and when those happen then what? Are teams going to have to forfeit games?

The Franchise 08-06-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15102595)
Not sure how he can get more familiar with the offense while having zero contact (even remote contact) with the team until April 2021.

Did they take away his playbook? His ability to talk to coaches?

Mecca 08-06-2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15102607)

He's now like Ryan Reynolds when he spent an entire movie in a coffin burried in the sand.

Iowanian 08-06-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 15102589)
you're literally the most reeruned high school graduate that iowa ever pooped out. jesus christ, you've gotten by with the 'omg he was from the first day of chiefsplanet! and he insults people!' schtick for decades literally.

bro, I've graduated high school, college, gotten a phd, gone through a childless divorce, gotten married, had two kids, and gotten a chiefs super bowl. this and many life events have shaped me since then. many personal beliefs and things have changed, I've evolved.

you're still you. the average person changes fundamentally every seven years or so data says. you're still mongoloid iowanian. god I feel so bad for brideiowanian. do you drag your knuckles when you walk still, all these two decades later? ever gotten a 23 and me? I suspect a lot of neanderthal DNA.

****ing evolve, man. life changes, you need to change with it otherwise you're just another boomer.

I don't recall asking for your resume' Anteachfa.

Your choice to be a fan.

TEX 08-06-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15102595)

He can't.

Demonpenz 08-06-2020 11:08 AM

Anteachfa is a quality chirp tho

Ebolapox 08-06-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 15102634)
Anteachfa is a quality chirp tho

A bit unimaginative and par for the course, but it’s the one thing in life he didn’t bungle completely

Chief Roundup 08-06-2020 11:38 AM

Delaying a season just seems stupid for many reasons.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

JohnnyHammersticks 08-06-2020 11:47 AM

Totally get LDT and Damien opting out. Damien because he wants to be there for his mother and LDT because of all the people who need help.

Don't get the decision by Niang one bit. Apparently protesting for BLM is okay but playing football is too dangerous in terms of catching covid. Not a good very sign of his love for the game, or maybe he's just not that bright. Very disappointing. He just pissed away the opportunity of a lifetime.

staylor26 08-06-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 15102718)
Totally get LDT and Damien opting out. Damien because he wants to be there for his mother and LDT because of all the people who need help.

Don't get the decision by Niang one bit. Apparently protesting for BLM is okay but playing football is too dangerous in terms of catching covid. Not a good very sign of his love for the game, or maybe he's just not that bright. Very disappointing. He just pissed away the opportunity of a lifetime.

He went to protests?

scho63 08-06-2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 15102541)
Were are heading toward 2000000 people dead and people are still pussies for trying to live

:rolleyes:

I think you need to take a math lesson.

2,000,000 cases GLOBALLY not deaths.

More realistic that 20,000,000 had it and most recovered. Asymptomatic.

32,800 dead in NY
15,840 dead in NJ
9,800 dead in Cali
8,600 dead in Mass
7,700 dead in IL

Top 5 states with deaths and all heavily leaning Democratic voters. That's a good thing

The Franchise 08-06-2020 11:54 AM

Get this stupid **** out of the thread.

FloridaMan88 08-06-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15102607)

Apparently you don’t know the opt-out rules... the coaches/team can’t have any contact with an opted-out player. It’s similar to the lockout rules of no contact

tatorhog 08-06-2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 15102589)

side question

What is your phd in?

FloridaMan88 08-06-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15102695)
Delaying a season just seems stupid for many reasons.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Some dumbshits actually want to delay/cancel the season over a 2% positive test rate to-date (all asymptomatic/mild symptoms) and 2% of players opting out.

RealSNR 08-06-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 15102718)

What? He pissed away the opportunity of a lifetime? Is he perma-banned from the NFL now?

DaneMcCloud 08-06-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15102213)
And Remmers is better than Erving was last year, by a fair bit, IMO.

That's like choosing between cowshit and horseshit.

Ebolapox 08-06-2020 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatorhog (Post 15102737)
side question

What is your phd in?

Genetics. Also a ton of infectious disease research peppered in.

RunKC 08-06-2020 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15102733)
Apparently you don’t know the opt-out rules... the coaches/team can’t have any contact with an opted-out player. It’s similar to the lockout rules of no contact

So he’ll basically be a rookie next year with hopefully regularly schedule OTA’s and training camp.

He can learn the playbook like any other rookie. Not sure why this is such a big deal

DaneMcCloud 08-06-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15102326)
Is he planning to completely lock himself down into a quarantine for the duration of the pandemic to avoid the risk of infecting his family?

No going out to restaurants?

No traveling/going on airplanes?

No going to gyms?

No getting a haircut?

Unless he plans to go on a complete self-lockdown, the risk of spreading the virus to his family is still present by going about his daily life outside of football.

And at least in a football setting, he'd have access to daily testing and top of the line virus prevention/mitigation protocols.

The dude is from San Diego County so the answer is an unequivocal "Yes" to all of the above.

DaneMcCloud 08-06-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 15102339)
I'm not angry about it. I just think a rookie taking this option is a puff and it shows what they are or aren't made of....

Two things to keep in mind regarding Niang:

1. He's coming off of a serious hip injury, so it's more likely than not that he wouldn't be ready to play Week 1 and maybe not even by Week 17.

2. His contract tolls to next year, so the Chiefs will have a little cap savings in 2020 that could be used on a veteran replacement.

3. His contract with the Chiefs will now expire the end of the 2024 season.

Personally, I see it as a Win-Win for the player and the organization. Niang will continue to rehab at home without the pressure of being forced on the field too soon, while the Chiefs will have him until the end of 2024, which wouldn't have happened had he chosen to play this Fall.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-06-2020 12:40 PM

What a ****ing joke

loochy 08-06-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 15102729)
Top 5 states with deaths and all heavily leaning Democratic voters. That's a good thing

Dude, WTF is wrong with you? People dying from a transmissible disease is never a good thing. Who cares what their political ideology is? I fall on the right side of the aisle too, but wow. :eek: Why would you care more about being right than having mass numbers of people die? :shake:

Iowanian 08-06-2020 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 15102649)
A bit unimaginative and par for the course, but it’s the one thing in life he didn’t bungle completely

Let's review, professor.
In a 10 minute timeframe, in response to an opinion that NFL players should play their contracts, you gave a review of your astounding life accomplishments, called me "reeruned", "a Mongoloid" and a caveman while insulting my wife. Deductive reasoning suggests that you may be triggered.

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/ColorfulAgileAlpinegoat' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' allowfullscreen width='640' height='684'></iframe><p> <a href="https://gfycat.com/colorfulagilealpinegoat">via Gfycat</a></p>

You're right though, I am consistent. Everyone in my life knows exactly what they can expect from me, dependability. Every friday that I'm available pick up a friend with Down Syndrome and do things like go for snacks, bring him to my office, let him drive my truck in a parking lot and treat him with respect. It's good to see character show itself, Professor Anteachfa.

If you're a tool, it's an off brand dollar store set made of chineseium.

The Franchise 08-06-2020 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15102825)
Dude, WTF is wrong with you? People dying from a transmissible disease is never a good thing. Who cares what their political ideology is? I fall on the right side of the aisle too, but wow. :eek: Why would you care more about being right than having mass numbers of people die? :shake:

He’s a worthless old **** that has to pay for sex because he’s so miserable that no one would want to be around him without getting money.

DaFace 08-06-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15102732)
Get this stupid **** out of the thread.

Done.

The Franchise 08-06-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15102865)
Done.

Thanks.

Iowanian 08-06-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15102823)
Two things to keep in mind regarding Niang:

1. He's coming off of a serious hip injury, so it's more likely than not that he wouldn't be ready to play Week 1 and maybe not even by Week 17.

2. His contract tolls to next year, so the Chiefs will have a little cap savings in 2020 that could be used on a veteran replacement.

3. His contract with the Chiefs will now expire the end of the 2024 season.

Personally, I see it as a Win-Win for the player and the organization. Niang will continue to rehab at home without the pressure of being forced on the field too soon, while the Chiefs will have him until the end of 2024, which wouldn't have happened had he chosen to play this Fall.

This is a fair response and I hadn't considered his injury. That said, I can't imagine coming to the team, being under their supervision and rehab wouldn't be a more productive solution.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-06-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15102743)
Some dumbshits actually want to delay/cancel the season over a 2% positive test rate to-date (all asymptomatic/mild symptoms) and 2% of players opting out.

Well, people flip put over something with a less than .001 death rate, so are you really surprised.

sedated 08-06-2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 15102729)

JFC, banned how many times and still can't wait to show his ass as being a vile human being.

Hoover 08-06-2020 01:01 PM

I think it make a sense for Niang and the Chiefs.

He gets introduced to the Chiefs way during a messed up offseason, then gets all year to get prepared. If this was a first round pick I'd be a little pissed, but he's a third round guy and its not like Andy plays these guys right out of the gate anyway.

The Franchise 08-06-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15102885)
I think it make a sense for Niang and the Chiefs.

He gets introduced to the Chiefs way during a messed up offseason, then gets all year to get prepared. If this was a first round pick I'd be a little pissed, but he's a third round guy and its not like Andy plays these guys right out of the gate anyway.

Haven’t you heard? His NFL career is doomed. DOOMED1!1!1!1!!1

JohnnyHammersticks 08-06-2020 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15102759)
What? He pissed away the opportunity of a lifetime? Is he perma-banned from the NFL now?

No, but he had a starting position sitting there waiting for him and who knows if it will be there next season.

DaneMcCloud 08-06-2020 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 15102931)
No, but he had a starting position sitting there waiting for him and who knows if it will be there next season.

LMAO

No, he did not.

FloridaMan88 08-06-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15102815)
The dude is from San Diego County so the answer is an unequivocal "Yes" to all of the above.

They have shutdown the airport and banned air travel in/out of San Diego?

DaneMcCloud 08-06-2020 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15102968)
They have shutdown the airport and banned air travel in/out of San Diego?

San Diego airport traffic is down by 96%, so Damien Williams and his crew will have the airport mostly to themselves during the NFL season.

DJ's left nut 08-06-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15102302)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Crazy that me choosing my family’s wellbeing over a game comes with so called fans attacking and questioning me and saying I’m selfish. No you guys are selfish for thinking that football is bigger than life. Oh by the way my girl’s grandfather passed from COVID. U understand now?</p>&mdash; Tre&#39;Davious White (@TakeAwayTre_) <a href="https://twitter.com/TakeAwayTre_/status/1291350651570663424?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And he gives a message a lot of posters here should take to heart.

Appears that White isn't actually opting out now.

So that's unexpected.

KCJake 08-06-2020 02:26 PM

"I'd sure love to play football for ya'll, but boy oh boy I'd hate to catch that nasty cold that's been goin round."
He should be online filing for the $600 a week like the rest of America. How much is this guy gonna make this year sitting on his fatass?? 150k? 200k?

staylor26 08-06-2020 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15103052)
San Diego airport traffic is down by 96%, so Damien Williams and his crew will have the airport mostly to themselves during the NFL season.

Wait, I thought this was about White. I’m confused.

He doesn’t live in SD, right?

DaneMcCloud 08-06-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15103078)
I’m confused

Yeah, apparently, I am, too.

Damien Williams lives in the San Diego area while Niang is in Connecticut. I don't know off the top of my head where White lives.

Mecca 08-06-2020 02:44 PM

The deadline passed and luckily the NFL managed to avoid any huge names opting out.

College football isn't so lucky as Greg Rousseau and Micah Parsons opted out of the college season and they are top 10 level draft picks.

staylor26 08-06-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15103089)
The deadline passed and luckily the NFL managed to avoid any huge names opting out.

College football isn't so lucky as Greg Rousseau and Micah Parsons opted out of the college season and they are top 10 level draft picks.

I’m sure that was very disappointing for you.

KChiefs1 08-06-2020 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15103056)
Appears that White isn't actually opting out now.

So that's unexpected.

Damn I was hoping he would.

staylor26 08-06-2020 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15103103)
Damn I was hoping he would.

I was hoping you’d get hit by a truck for calling Damien Williams, our SB hero, a “pussy”.

Looks like we’re both disappointed.

BossChief 08-06-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15102252)
I can't believe the homering up about this.

Guard might be the worst position on the team BEFORE this and it just got awful.

I'll remind you all that the Donks signed Jurrell Casey a few months ago.

We will have a better OL than we did last year, I think. Osemele, Williams, Remmers and getting Rankin back is really solid depth behind a mostly experienced OL. I’d surely have a guy like Allen on speed dial though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15102726)
He went to protests?

HE LEAD THEM.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kan...243304766.html

If it weren’t for him having the benefit of his hip having the year to heel, I’d be a little more interested in why he opted out.

Honestly, this is perfect for his long term career with us.

KChiefs1 08-06-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15103144)
I was hoping you’d get hit by a truck for calling Damien Williams, our SB hero, a “pussy”.

Looks like we’re both disappointed.

You always disappoint me.

Coogs 08-06-2020 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 15103194)
We will have a better OL than we did last year, I think. Osemele, Williams, Remmers and getting Rankin back is really solid depth behind a mostly experienced OL. I’d surely have a guy like Allen on speed dial though.

HE LEAD THEM.

If it weren’t for him having the benefit of his hip having the year to heel, I’d be a little more interested in why he opted out.

Wasn't Rankin placed on the PUP list? I could be mistaken, but when Thornhill was placed on the PUP list, there was someone else added to that list too, and I was thinking it was Rankin.

Hammock Parties 08-06-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Sounds like a load of trash if you ask me.

DaneMcCloud 08-06-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15103249)

It's no worse than the past two years

Chief Roundup 08-06-2020 04:34 PM

Quote:

Williams is an UDFA.
Remmers is the Cam Eriving of the right side of the OL. Which makes that a negative. Remmers can't stay with a team. He is a journeyman that is not much.
Osemele might be something if he is truly recovered and back to where he was in 2016.
Rankin was put on PUP.

Our OL is a ?.

RealSNR 08-06-2020 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15103268)
It's no worse than the past two years

Exactly. Last year we had huge question marks with Reiter and Wylie. And our starter at LG to begin the 2018 season was Cameron ****ing Erving.

Reid will find a combination that will at the very least tread water. At least until somebody gets injured and Veach nails a cheap midseason Wisniewski-type signing.

And besides that. Are we that much worse off at guard without Niang? Has he played inside on the OL at all in the past two years? Not saying he can't, but that would have inevitably been a tricky transition with limited offseason work and no preseason games.

Tribal Warfare 08-06-2020 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15103249)

IMO, 2021 NFL Draft KC will draft OL with ( 1st-3rd) draft capital to protect The Half Billion Dollar Man Patrick Mahomes

DaneMcCloud 08-06-2020 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15103281)
Exactly. Last year we had huge question marks with Reiter and Wylie. And our starter at LG to begin the 2018 season was Cameron ****ing Erving.

Reid will find a combination that will at the very least tread water. At least until somebody gets injured and Veach nails a cheap midseason Wisniewski-type signing.

I'm not even sure why CPers were penciling in Niang at left guard when the guy's been a starting right tackle since his freshman year in college.

Wylie was more effective at Right Guard than Left Guard so while they may go through a few guys at LG, the other three positions will be the same as last year. Reiter, Wylie and Schwartz already have some serious chemistry from 2018, with Mahomes throwing for 50 TD's and Hunt on pace for 1,400 before being cut.

I think it just goes back to Chiefs fans always worrying about the offensive line, which is ridiculous considering that since Reid arrived, he's been plugging in JAG after JAG after JAG while winning 12 games a year and a Super Bowl.

Easy 6 08-06-2020 04:54 PM

Whatever man, I’m just here to watch this place eat itself

staylor26 08-06-2020 04:57 PM

Quote:

HE LEAD THEM.

Wow yea that kind of makes him looks like he’s full of shit, but like you said it’s probably for the best anyways.

DJ's left nut 08-06-2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15103275)
Williams is an UDFA.
Remmers is the Cam Eriving of the right side of the OL. Which makes that a negative. Remmers can't stay with a team. He is a journeyman that is not much.
Osemele might be something if he is truly recovered and back to where he was in 2016.
Rankin was put on PUP.

Our OL is a ?.

Everyone's OL is a ? outside of dallas. Everyone's Remmers is a Cam Erving, just as everyone's Erving is a Remmers. Just how many teams have starting caliber swing tackles laying around?

What's changed in the last 3 weeks to change that? When healthy, our OTs are still as good a pair as anyone has in the game. And one of them is ALWAYS healthy, the other had a pretty good little streak going until last year.

The IOL has been a revolving door for essentially Andy's entire tenure here.

What's changed? Especially in relation to everyone else in the game?

BryanBusby 08-06-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15103298)
I'm not even sure why CPers were penciling in Niang at left guard when the guy's been a starting right tackle since his freshman year in college.

Wylie was more effective at Right Guard than Left Guard so while they may go through a few guys at LG, the other three positions will be the same as last year. Reiter, Wylie and Schwartz already have some serious chemistry from 2018, with Mahomes throwing for 50 TD's and Hunt on pace for 1,400 before being cut.

I think it just goes back to Chiefs fans always worrying about the offensive line, which is ridiculous considering that since Reid arrived, he's been plugging in JAG after JAG after JAG while winning 12 games a year and a Super Bowl.

I wouldn't pencil is any rookies to start this year, outside of probably CEH out of necessity.

No offseason work was a crusher for rookies.

Chief Roundup 08-06-2020 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15103321)
Everyone's OL is a ? outside of dallas. Everyone's Remmers is a Cam Erving, just as everyone's Erving is a Remmers. Just how many teams have starting caliber swing tackles laying around?

What's changed in the last 3 weeks to change that? When healthy, our OTs are still as good a pair as anyone has in the game. And one of them is ALWAYS healthy, the other had a pretty good little streak going until last year.

The IOL has been a revolving door for essentially Andy's entire tenure here.

What's changed? Especially in relation to everyone else in the game?

Our OL is not improved as he stated.
The loss of LDT and Niang is a huge hit to our depth at OL.

FloridaMan88 08-06-2020 05:46 PM

Final opt-out count... 66 out of 2,880 players opted out... barely 2% of total active players.

The Franchise 08-06-2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15103352)
I wouldn't pencil is any rookies to start this year, outside of probably CEH out of necessity.

No offseason work was a crusher for rookies.

Gay will probably start out in sub packages

BryanBusby 08-06-2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15103428)
Gay will probably start out in sub packages

I wouldn't expect it. Not 0%, but I just wouldn't count on any rookies contributing much outside of CEH.

BigRedChief 08-06-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

HE LEAD THEM.

I sure hope your right. I’d rather not have a 330lb man come up the middle with a head of steam and **** up our football savior.

staylor26 08-06-2020 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15103521)
I wouldn't expect it. Not 0%, but I just wouldn't count on any rookies contributing much outside of CEH.

Well Spags sure did sound like he expects Gay to win one of the starting OLB jobs.

It’s not like there’s a lot of competition there either.

baitism 08-06-2020 07:04 PM

I hope these shitheels don't get a ring if we win the SB again.

ThyKingdomCome15 08-06-2020 10:38 PM

Niang came out of college banged up. This is another year for him to heal. This is my only positive.

RealSNR 08-06-2020 10:39 PM

KurtCobain needs to get his ass in here and start repping his boy Yasir Durant

JakeF 08-06-2020 10:41 PM

:bang: ****er

Hammock Parties 08-06-2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15103298)

Veach said he was a guard.

DaneMcCloud 08-07-2020 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15103844)
Veach said he was a guard.

He said they’d try him inside at guard but also run with the tackles and only if there was a full training camp.

The plan may be totally different next summer.

pugsnotdrugs19 08-07-2020 07:40 AM

Anyone else really intrigued by Darryl Williams? I think that guy might stick, especially now with this opt out. He seems to have starter upside at guard or center.

DJ's left nut 08-07-2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15103999)
Anyone else really intrigued by Darryl Williams? I think that guy might stick, especially now with this opt out. He seems to have starter upside at guard or center.

Traditionally I'd say yes. I've always preferred C/G to be a little on the shorter side as I've felt like it helps w/ pad-level issues and leverage on the interior (where leverage is king).

But Andy doesn't seem to agree with me. He likes having tall guys even on the inside when he can. And with more guys like Jones plating DT at 6'6'', he's probably onto something. A 6 ft guy is gonna struggle like crazy to get a punch in on someone like Jones because he's just not going to have to reach to get to him before Jones has his hands in his chest and is driving him backwards.

With the way Andy's built his OL over the last several years, I think Williams will have an uphill climb outside of maybe making the roster as versatile interior depth.

DJ's left nut 08-07-2020 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15103355)
Our OL is not improved as he stated.
The loss of LDT and Niang is a huge hit to our depth at OL.

Yeah, it's a loss of depth. But Niang was a huge question mark if only for health concerns. You can't pencil him in as any kind of clear upgrade, especially if Rankin manages to make it back in any kind of shape. And Osemele brings the same health issues that LDT did but with legitimate Pro Bowl upside that LDT didn't have.

Ultimately I just can't see any kind of support for the idea that the line is WORSE. We replaced LDT w/ a guy with the same floor and a higher ceiling. Niang was a wild card in his own right who would've essentially taken Wisniewki's roster spot. Okay, well we got Wiz off the street in week 6 - maybe that was more about the system than the player. The player himself was street free agent depth.

And if Fisher doesn't miss 9 weeks this year, the line will be HUGELY improved over last year, regardless of what else happens on the interior. Again - Cameron Erving took more snaps at LT last year than Eric Fisher did.

Yes, there's absolutely a path to this line being better than last year's line. All we need is a healthy Fisher and its essentially a lock. Losing a rookie (who had no camp and was coming off a serious injury) and a declining G doesn't change that.

Simply Red 08-07-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15102179)
I'm not risking Mahomes on a season where we're down 2 OL before the first snap.

Cancel diz sheeit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15102183)
Well sheet.

Not great news - another hit to the depth of the squad. I'd say we're about out of rope on the OL.

We have some UDFA lineman with nice potential, but with a limited camp and no pre-season, you just have very little ability to get them up to speed.

On its own this won't hurt us but we essentially have no wiggle room left. Rankin needs to come back healthy to give us any depth on the IOL. This may save Allegretti (who I think might have been in trouble). It's pretty well ensures that Remmers is that swing-tackle, though that was probably pretty likely.

Just hate seeing the shots the depth is taking. Injuries could be truly catastrophic at this point.

Are these new CP buzzwords? I haven't logged on much lately. Anyways LMK!!

The Franchise 08-07-2020 08:49 AM

My best guess right now is:

Fisher - Osemele - Reiter - Wylie - Schwartz

Remmers is your swing tackle. Rankin and Allegretti are your interior backups.

And we’ll keep 10 OL...maybe more so you’ve got other guys in there as well.

Is it the best offensive line out there? No. But we’ve got great OTs and Reid has shown the ability to find at least average starters on the interior.