ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328296)

Deberg_1990 01-19-2020 09:19 PM

Chiefs defense is a lot better than that Packers soft shit.

The Niners will get their yards on the ground, but Garrapolo better be prepared to throw it a lot more than he did today.

Mikulik 01-19-2020 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 14738344)
Something has to be said about the Niners. They're success is misleading. They played a very light schedule and had little competition in a soft NFC this year. They're more like paper tigers than a cat that's actually dangerous. Still a good team, sure. But not a real threat to this high octane Chiefs team. Not even close.

And you played the AFC west teams. Give it a break dude. Talk about light schedule. The division they played in is tougher than the crappy AFC west

rabblerouser 01-19-2020 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikulik (Post 14738398)
And you played the AFC west teams. Give it a break dude. Talk about light schedule. The division they played in is tougher than the crappy AFC west

So, we also played :

New England
Baltimore
Houston
Green Bay
Tennessee
Minnesota

ALL PLAYOFF TEAMS.

Go **** yourself, Rice-A-Roni.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01-19-2020 09:25 PM

We can beat the 49ers! We have to get out to a fast start tho. Just like the Titans make Jimmy G beat you with his arm. Stop the run. Now there front 5 is the best in the NFL. Our O line vs there D line is what decides this game

cdcox 01-19-2020 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 14737938)
I just looked them up for the first time. They have a helluva team. Easily the most well balanced team in the NFL. But you know what they say; speed kills. And I dont think the niners have much of it on defense. But that DL is amazing.

This game wont be easy.

???

Chan93lx50 01-19-2020 09:26 PM

So who is Joe Montana gonna root for?

SupDock 01-19-2020 09:27 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs are opening as 1 point favorites over the 49ers</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1219076296745025539?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WhawhaWhat 01-19-2020 09:29 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">At one point this season, the 49ers played against the Bengals and the Bengals were FAVORED.</p>&mdash; Kyle Madson (@KyleAMadson) <a href="https://twitter.com/KyleAMadson/status/1210326838465089536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 26, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ChiefsCountry 01-19-2020 09:31 PM

We are going to beat the 49ers ass with their shitty game manger QB. Payback for all the turds they have traded us over the years.

Deberg_1990 01-19-2020 09:31 PM

So who will Alex Smith root for?

Three7s 01-19-2020 09:32 PM

Are all the Alexsexuals going to return?......I hope not.

AssEaterChief 01-19-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14738380)
Not really, they were so hilariously wrong about Queen Henry running over the Chiefs defense.

As the Titans found out today and the 49ers will find out in two weeks... you can’t hide your average QB no matter how good your running game is.

Stop using weasel words...

Who is 'they'?

I'm sure experts were all over the place with predictions for the Chiefs Titans....most predictions I saw said Chiefs were going to win

AssEaterChief 01-19-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 14738463)
We are going to beat the 49ers ass with their shitty game manger QB. Payback for all the turds they have traded us over the years.

It's the niners fault the chiefs have been dumb asses and traded for their qbs?

Yet when the chiefs fleece someone in a trade, you just laugh right?

RunKC 01-19-2020 09:36 PM

It’s like this is full circle for us. We have always had average QB play from 49er retreads for so long. If there is any NFC that is linked to us, it’s the 49ers.

Now we have the star QB and they have a retread average QB.

It seems right that they should be our final hurdle.

Chiefshrink 01-19-2020 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 14738373)
Absolute perfect timing for the o line to be peaking. One more game boys.

Have to give them credit because I know I am awfully hard on them BUT they were nasty today pass blocking and opened holes on the run when we needed it.;)

smithandrew051 01-19-2020 09:37 PM

Call me crazy, but I really like this matchup.

Their offense isn’t complete, because they don’t have a top tier QB. As Chiefs fans know, you absolutely need one to win consistently.

They gashed the Packers on the ground, but we showed a lot of promise against the run today. We also did very good against the run against Minnesota. When we know it’s coming, Spags is able to contain it.

We need to come out hot. I fully trust our OL, Patrick, and Andy to contain their pass rush...or at least scheme different ways to negate it. We have 2 weeks to study it.

If our offense can score early (unlike the last two weeks), we should be very confident.

Andy and Pat showed this week again that we aren’t going full conservative when we have a lead. We’re still going to let it fly. Let’s get Garoppolo trying to go throw for throw with Mahomes. SF won’t like how that ends.

Score early. Avoid turnovers. Limit penalties on defense. We can do this.

smithandrew051 01-19-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14738505)
Have to give them credit because I know I am awfully hard on them BUT they were nasty today pass blocking and opened holes on the run when we needed it.;)

Not to say “I told you so”, but I think I remember pointing out several times that the Chiefs have the best pass protection OL remaining in the playoffs.

They’re below average run blockers, but that doesn’t really matter in this offense.

Chiefshrink 01-19-2020 09:39 PM

Just knock off all the retread 9ner QB talk please ! It is totally irrelevant because it is a non-motivator in every way except to a few CP posters.:rolleyes:

It's STUPID !!:mad:

Chiefshrink 01-19-2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14738515)
Not to say “I told you so”,

But you did and that's okay.;) However, they have to take it to the next level in 2 weeks no doubt.:thumb:

Chiefshrink 01-19-2020 09:45 PM

Kyle will do everything to keep from having to put the game on Jimmy G's back to win. Kyle hopes he can Trent Dilfer/Mark Rypien his way through to a SB win with his defense for sure.:thumb:

smithandrew051 01-19-2020 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14738542)
But you did and that's okay.;) However, they have to take it to the next level in 2 weeks no doubt.:thumb:

Absolutely. Plenty of more work to do.

Reid has 2 weeks to get them ready. I expect to see some screens and misdirections early to try to slow them down a bit.

duncan_idaho 01-19-2020 09:46 PM

Their great pass-rushing DL covers for a lot of the issues in their secondary.

They have not-peak Richard Sherman back there and a bunch of garbage at CB besides that.

Their LBs are a pretty good unit and cover the flats well.

They defend the run really well.

If the Chiefs protect Mahomes, he can make things happen against that D.

The Packers were too conservative on early
downs when the game was in question. Needed to throw more early.

They also set up what, 3 short fields to set up the 27-0 halftime deficit? Protect the football and protect Mahomes and KC wins.

Their run game is excellent, but Garrappolo is not scary at all and isn’t a threat with his feet.

The Packers has really poor backside discipline tonight, and the 49ers burned them a lot with reverses and misdirection.

Jimmya 01-19-2020 09:47 PM

If the offense can jump on them early... We'll win comfortably!

FringeNC 01-19-2020 09:48 PM

As good as the Chiefs have played in spurts in the playoff, the cold weather has affected them. The warm Miami weather helps out a pass first team.

smithandrew051 01-19-2020 09:49 PM

Andy Reid + a Bye Week + a Significant Advantage at QB

That’s almost always a win.

Mikulik 01-19-2020 09:49 PM

[QUOTE=Chiefshrink;14738354]Yep. Because that is what opens up the passing game. Look at what Pat and Damien did today in order to let Hill score 2 and Sammy his td.. ;) Look at how we stuffed Henry today forcing Tannehill to beat us.[/QUOTE The reason the defense stopped Henry today is because Mahomes was scoring on offense and so the Titans had to play a different way. It had nothing to do with Chiefs defense. You couldn't stop them in the first half.

DRM08 01-19-2020 09:49 PM

It's gonna be a hell of a battle. Hopefully the Chiefs can get off to a better start than the last two games.

Callidus 01-19-2020 09:52 PM

I posted this in another thread but got crap for it. I will forgive that because you just won the game

Congratulations and good luck in the superbowl. I hope the titans get a chance to see you in the playoffs next year. Was a good game for 40min then you dominated. Hope you do the same to the 9ers.

smithandrew051 01-19-2020 09:53 PM

[QUOTE=Mikulik;14738589]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14738354)
Yep. Because that is what opens up the passing game. Look at what Pat and Damien did today in order to let Hill score 2 and Sammy his td.. ;) Look at how we stuffed Henry today forcing Tannehill to beat us.[/QUOTE The reason the defense stopped Henry today is because Mahomes was scoring on offense and so the Titans had to play a different way. It had nothing to do with Chiefs defense. You couldn't stop them in the first half.

Most of the Titans’ scoring drives were heavily aided by boneheaded penalties by the Chiefs. Multiple encroachments and an unnecessary PI by Breeland. Those alone gifted the Titans touchdowns on what should’ve been field goal drives.

Henry was held under 4 yards a carry, so no it wasn’t all about play calling.

If he ran for 6 yards a carry, but his touches were limited you might have a point. That wasn’t the case though.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-19-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14738569)

They have not-peak Richard Sherman back there and a bunch of garbage at CB besides that.

They also set up what, 3 short fields to set up the 27-0 halftime deficit? Protect the football and protect Mahomes and KC wins.

Their run game is excellent, but Garrappolo is not scary at all and isn’t a threat with his feet.

The Packers has really poor backside discipline tonight, and the 49ers burned them a lot with reverses and misdirection.

You make a good point about Garoppolo not being mobile and I think that’s big cause when we face QBs like that, the sacks tend to come in bunches.

Just contain Mostert...

DRM08 01-19-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikulik (Post 14738589)
The reason the defense stopped Henry today is because Mahomes was scoring on offense and so the Titans had to play a different way. It had nothing to do with Chiefs defense. You couldn't stop them in the first half.

Not really true. Henry was not running all over them in the 1st half. It was Tannehill's play action passes that were having a ton of success. Niners might be able to do something similar. But point still stands KC did a solid job slowing down Henry, and maybe it opened up other stuff for Titans.

TwistedChief 01-19-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

I like the more conservative and thoughtful Mahomes of 2020 against that pass rush much more than I would've liked the big play Mahomes of 2019 facing it.

duncan_idaho 01-19-2020 09:55 PM

[QUOTE=Mikulik;14738589]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14738354)
Yep. Because that is what opens up the passing game. Look at what Pat and Damien did today in order to let Hill score 2 and Sammy his td.. ;) Look at how we stuffed Henry today forcing Tannehill to beat us.[/QUOTE The reason the defense stopped Henry today is because Mahomes was scoring on offense and so the Titans had to play a different way. It had nothing to do with Chiefs defense. You couldn't stop them in the first half.

All of the Titans offensive success in the first half came off of play-action. Henry was low impact in the first half and in the game. The Titans never trailed by more than 2 scores in the third quarter and had plenty of opportunity to do their thing with Henry. They couldn’t.

DRM08 01-19-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14738608)

Just contain Mostert...

Of course, that is easier said than done. Vikings and Packers probably went in with the #1 priority to slow down Niners run game and Vikes/Pack got destroyed in the trenches by a dominant Niners OL.

duncan_idaho 01-19-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14738617)
I like the more conservative and thoughtful Mahomes of 2020 against that pass rush much more than I would've liked the big play Mahomes of 2019 facing it.

Yeah. He’ll get the ball out quickly now when he needs to.

Mikulik 01-19-2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14738408)
So, we also played :

New England
Baltimore
Houston
Green Bay
Tennessee
Minnesota

ALL PLAYOFF TEAMS.

Go **** yourself, Rice-A-Roni.

New England offense was cra p and you already said Houston was crappy Green Bay defense sucks. So you played Tenessee, Baltimore and Minnesota. San Fran played Seattle twice and Baltimore in Baltimore so you can't say their schedule was light

carcosa 01-19-2020 09:58 PM

The Chiefs Shall Defeat Them

smithandrew051 01-19-2020 09:58 PM

[QUOTE=duncan_idaho;14738621]
Quote:

All of the Titans offensive success in the first half came off of play-action. Henry was low impact in the first half and in the game. The Titans never trailed by more than 2 scores in the third quarter and had plenty of opportunity to do their thing with Henry. They couldn’t.

Exactly.

Once Tyreek dropped that pass on 3rd down on our first drive of the second half and we had to punt, the Titans had a golden opportunity to re-establish the run game and take back control. Our defense didn’t allow them to, and we forced them to punt.

DRM08 01-19-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14738617)

He's a better QB now than a year ago, regardless of the stats. Made a lot of great decisions today, lot of QUICK decisions. He'll need that against a strong Niners pass rush.

Mikulik 01-19-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 14738344)
Something has to be said about the Niners. They're success is misleading. They played a very light schedule and had little competition in a soft NFC this year. They're more like paper tigers than a cat that's actually dangerous. Still a good team, sure. But not a real threat to this high octane Chiefs team. Not even close.

Quit smoking crack!

Callidus 01-19-2020 10:00 PM

[QUOTE=smithandrew051;14738606]
Quote:

Most of the Titans’ scoring drives were heavily aided by boneheaded penalties by the Chiefs. Multiple encroachments and an unnecessary PI by Breeland. Those alone gifted the Titans touchdowns on what should’ve been field goal drives.

Henry was held under 4 yards a carry, so no it wasn’t all about play calling.

If he ran for 6 yards a carry, but his touches were limited you might have a point. That wasn’t the case though.

I think your score before halftime is what won this game. It was the first time in weeks we abandoned our game in weeks. Our running game gets better as the game goes on and the chiefs taking the lead for some reason put us in panic mode and we abandoned the great 2nd half running we normally do. It was perfectly played by KC and my titans tensed up at the wrong time. You deserved this one.

rabblerouser 01-19-2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikulik (Post 14738642)
Quit smoking crack!

Why?

He bought it in Oakland and parked right by the Golden Gate Bridge to smoke that shit.

When in Rome, right?

rabblerouser 01-19-2020 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikulik (Post 14738636)
New England offense was cra p and you already said Houston was crappy Green Bay defense sucks. So you played Tenessee, Baltimore and Minnesota. San Fran played Seattle twice and Baltimore in Baltimore so you can't say their schedule was light

We played 6 playoffs teams outside of our division.

You played 2? And then Seattle in your division?

GTFO of here with that shit, Rice-A-Roni.

rabblerouser 01-19-2020 10:04 PM

[QUOTE=smithandrew051;14738639]
Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14738621)

Exactly.

Once Tyreek dropped that pass on 3rd down on our first drive of the second half and we had to punt, the Titans had a golden opportunity to re-establish the run game and take back control. Our defense didn’t allow them to, and we forced them to punt.

OUR RUN DEFENSE WAS STELLAR!

And then, when we got the ball back in the 3rd, we bleed the clock with our run game to keep Henry on the sideline!

AssEaterChief 01-19-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14738653)

What does having a tougher regular season schedule than the team you're facing have anything to do with the SB?

Didn't the Chiefs have a tougher schedule last year than the Patriots leading up to the AFCCG?

DRM08 01-19-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callidus (Post 14738645)

I think your score before halftime is what won this game. It was the first time in weeks we abandoned our game in weeks. Our running game gets better as the game goes on and the chiefs taking the lead for some reason put us in panic mode and we abandoned the great 2nd half running we normally do.

It's kinda what the Titans did to Lamar & the Ravens. Baltimore went into panic mode earlier than they needed to IMHO.

Mikulik 01-19-2020 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14738506)
Call me crazy, but I really like this matchup.

Their offense isn’t complete, because they don’t have a top tier QB. As Chiefs fans know, you absolutely need one to win consistently.

They gashed the Packers on the ground, but we showed a lot of promise against the run today. We also did very good against the run against Minnesota. When we know it’s coming, Spags is able to contain it.

We need to come out hot. I fully trust our OL, Patrick, and Andy to contain their pass rush...or at least scheme different ways to negate it. We have 2 weeks to study it.

If our offense can score early (unlike the last two weeks), we should be very confident.

Andy and Pat showed this week again that we aren’t going full conservative when we have a lead. We’re still going to let it fly. Let’s get Garoppolo trying to go throw for throw with Mahomes. SF won’t like how that ends.

Score early. Avoid turnovers. Limit penalties on defense. We can do this.

They have 2 weeks to prepare for the Chiefs

Callidus 01-19-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14738664)
It's kinda what the Titans did to Lamar & the Ravens. Baltimore went into panic mode earlier than they needed to IMHO.

100%

smithandrew051 01-19-2020 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikulik (Post 14738701)
They have 2 weeks to prepare for the Chiefs

I mean...teams had all offseason to prepare for Mahomes and here we are...

Mikulik 01-19-2020 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14738653)

San Fran also played Green Bay twice and Minnesota once asswipe!

duncan_idaho 01-19-2020 10:22 PM

[QUOTE=Callidus;14738645]
Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14738606)

I think your score before halftime is what won this game. It was the first time in weeks we abandoned our game in weeks. Our running game gets better as the game goes on and the chiefs taking the lead for some reason put us in panic mode and we abandoned the great 2nd half running we normally do. It was perfectly played by KC and my titans tensed up at the wrong time. You deserved this one.

I’m watching your first drive of the 3rd, trailing 21-17, right now. You tried to power the ball with Henry multiple times on the drive and couldn’t, then got called for a hold on a 3rd and 1 that the chiefs would have stuffed short of 1st down.

Then Tannehill got rocked trying to scramble for it, forcing the punt.

Henry ran the ball 3 times on the drive for 8 yards, plus the negated no gain carry on the third down with the hold called.

KC then goes on a long, methodical TD drive that eats up the rest of the 3rd and makes it a 28-17 game.

Down that score and having not actually stopped KC on its own the entire game to that point, Tennessee did coming out throwing in its first possession of the 4th Q, but at that pointed hadn’t actually stopped KC itself (third down drops had led to both punts at that point).

AssEaterChief 01-19-2020 10:24 PM

List of "game managers" who have won Super Bowls since 2000.....

Trent Dilfer 2001
Tom Brady (2002,2004,2005) before he was the Tom Brady HOF caliber QB
Brad Johnson 2003
Big Ben 2006 before they let him throw more than 20 times a game
Eli Manning 2008 and 2012
Joe Flacco 2013
Peyton Manning 2016 broke dick could barely throw the ball at this point in his career
Nick Foles 2018

11 times in the last 20 years "game managers" have won a SB....

You could probably even add Brady last year because he was trash in the playoffs and relied on his D and run game

I think you guys don't really realize how much game managers actually win in the NFL at a high level

Winning a Superbowl has a lot more to do with chemistry, confidence and momentum than who your QB is in an average NFL season

staylor26 01-19-2020 10:26 PM

LMAO at some of those you’re including to get to 11.

Almost all of those guys were better than Jimmy G

MarDis22 01-19-2020 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikulik (Post 14738732)
San Fran also played Green Bay twice and Minnesota once asswipe!

San Fran was also gifted the #1 seed this year by the most blatlant missed PI against Seattle in Week 17. The 9ers are good, but look up the actual stats. The chiefs total defense is ranked 7th, and the 9ers at 8th. The Chiefs had the 6th hardest SOS to the 49ers 10th.

The 49ers are good, but in order to do anything viable in the SB, Jimmy can't hand it off 30 times because Mike Pennel, Frank Clark, Chris Jones, T.Sizzle, and our LBs will eat Mosert alive. Just as they did Henry.

AssEaterChief 01-19-2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14738774)
LMAO at some of those you’re including to get to 11.

Almost all of those guys were better than Jimmy G

No....they really weren't

but keep telling yourself whatever you need to to feel better about the SB in two weeks...

duncan_idaho 01-19-2020 10:38 PM

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssEaterChief (Post 14738805)
No....they really weren't

but keep telling yourself whatever you need to to feel better about the SB in two weeks...

:reviews recent posts:

Who, exactly, is trying to convince themselves of something here?

Hint: it’s the guy who just said Brady and Big Ben and Peyton Manning and Eli Manning were playing at Jimmy Garroppolo levels the years they won the super bowl?

duncan_idaho 01-19-2020 10:44 PM

I mean, shit, even the year the Ravens won, Flacco had an unbelievable four-game stretch in which he threw for nearly 300 yards a game and had 11-0 TD-INT ratio.

And Foles? 330 yards/6-1 TD-INT in 3 games.

Johnson and Dilfer are the only real game managers who won that you cited there, and they won more than 15 years ago with all-time great defenses behind them.

rydogg58 01-19-2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssEaterChief (Post 14738757)
List of "game managers" who have won Super Bowls since 2000.....

Trent Dilfer 2001
Tom Brady (2002,2004,2005) before he was the Tom Brady HOF caliber QB
Brad Johnson 2003
Big Ben 2006 before they let him throw more than 20 times a game
Eli Manning 2008 and 2012
Joe Flacco 2013
Peyton Manning 2016 broke dick could barely throw the ball at this point in his career
Nick Foles 2018

11 times in the last 20 years "game managers" have won a SB....

You could probably even add Brady last year because he was trash in the playoffs and relied on his D and run game

I think you guys don't really realize how much game managers actually win in the NFL at a high level

Winning a Superbowl has a lot more to do with chemistry, confidence and momentum than who your QB is in an average NFL season

Check. Check. And Check. Oh yeah, check that box that says best QB in the league, because we got that too.

MOARGore 01-19-2020 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14738884)
I mean, shit, even the year the Ravens won, Flacco had an unbelievable four-game stretch in which he threw for nearly 300 yards a game and had 11-0 TD-INT ratio.

And Foles? 330 yards/6-1 TD-INT in 3 games.

Johnson and Dilfer are the only real game managers who won that you cited there, and they won more than 15 years ago with all-time great defenses behind them.

9ers fan. I come in peace.

Garoppolo is obviously not on Mahomes's level (I think he's the best player in the league), but he's better than the Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson types by a significant margin.

He had lightwork in the NFC playoffs, but that hasn't been the story all year.

His starts are closer to Pro Bowler than liability:

3,978 yards
27 TD
13 INT
8.4 Y/A
102.0 Rating

If the Chiefs stack the box, Jimmy G can and will throw.

But sometimes he tries to thread the needle when he shouldn't, which is why I think the Chiefs have the edge overall.

I'm expecting a great game.

AssEaterChief 01-19-2020 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14738844)
:reviews recent posts:

Who, exactly, is trying to convince themselves of something here?

Hint: it’s the guy who just said Brady and Big Ben and Peyton Manning and Eli Manning were playing at Jimmy Garroppolo levels the years they won the super bowl?

Go look at the stats of those qbs the years they won SBs....

I already did. They're quite pedestrian....Peyton Manning got carried by his defense and that's the only reason they won that SB.

Big Ben had 17 TDs and 9 INTs passing for 198 yards per game the year he won a SB.

Flacco 22 and 10 passing for 238 yards per game

I could go on and on but obviously you're just an uneducated dipshit

AssEaterChief 01-19-2020 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydogg58 (Post 14738885)
Check. Check. And Check. Oh yeah, check that box that says best QB in the league, because we got that too.

You're absolutely correct and that's how the Chiefs and niners got here.

Should be a great game

duncan_idaho 01-19-2020 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOARGore (Post 14738924)

Garoppolo is obviously not on Mahomes's level (I think he's the best player in the league), but he's better than the Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson types by a significant margin.

3,978 yards

27 TD

13 INT

8.4 Y/A

102.0 Rating

But sometimes he tries to thread the needle when he shouldn't, which is why I think the Chiefs have the edge overall.

Yeah, he’s better than Dilfer and Johnson. Still more of a game manager type than a top 10 QB. He’s pretty similar to Chiefs-era Alex Smith. Not sure he can’t go win a duel if he needs to with an elite QB in the playoffs.

But we’ll get to see.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-19-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOARGore (Post 14738924)

3,978 yards
27 TD
13 INT
8.4 Y/A
102.0 Rating

Welcome.

After watching Mostert and that OL the past couple weeks, I think KC has to stack the box and make Jimmy beat us. And he might, he does have good receivers. But much like today (where KC loaded the box frequently with success), I would expect similar things to contain the damage that SF can do on the ground.

I’m expecting a great game, something along the lines of 27-24.

BossChief 01-19-2020 10:58 PM

The “new Chiefs” are going to beat the “old Chiefs” in the super bowl in a couple weeks.

49ers:

Game manager that they traded for from a dynasty team
Good OL
Good running attack
Great TE
Great pass rush
Good secondary with holes

Fortunately for us, we know exactly how this movie ends!

It’s happening, guys.

It’s destiny.

MOARGore 01-19-2020 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14738943)
Yeah, he’s better than Dilfer and Johnson. Still more of a game manager type than a top 10 QB. He’s pretty similar to Chiefs-era Alex Smith. Not sure he can’t go win a duel if he needs to with an elite QB in the playoffs.

But we’ll get to see.

I think the big difference between Smith and Garoppolo is 3rd down.

He moves the sticks when we need it.

I believe Mahomes and the Chiefs were first in 3rd down conversions, but the 49ers were 5th.

That's what allows us to stick with the running game.

Jimmy G has the opposite problem of Smith. I didn't watch him much on the Chiefs, but with the 49ers, we called him Captain Checkdown.

Jimmy could stand to check down a little bit more LOL

Mikulik 01-19-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14738413)
We can beat the 49ers! We have to get out to a fast start tho. Just like the Titans make Jimmy G beat you with his arm. Stop the run. Now there front 5 is the best in the NFL. Our O line vs there D line is what decides this game

So you don't even have to worry about their offense

DRM08 01-19-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14738952)
Welcome.

After watching Mostert and that OL the past couple weeks, I think KC has to stack the box and make Jimmy beat us. And he might, he does have good receivers. But much like today (where KC loaded the box frequently with success), I would expect similar things to contain the damage that SF can do on the ground.

I’m expecting a great game, something along the lines of 27-24.

I think it could be a repeat of the Niners-Saints game. Both teams got into the 40's. Russell Wilson's success against the Niners defense gives me some confidence that Patrick (with better weapons than Russ) will not be shut down. But I also don't think the Chiefs can shut down the Niners offense. Could be a wild shootout.

StockingAnarchy12 01-19-2020 11:01 PM

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england...chise.1151349/

This is why I hate some Patriots fans. The smart fans came to your defense, but stuff like this is so dumb considering how much we've seen success. Others deserve success too.

Good luck guys, you earned it

duncan_idaho 01-19-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssEaterChief (Post 14738934)
Go look at the stats of those qbs the years they won SBs....

I already did. They're quite pedestrian....Peyton Manning got carried by his defense and that's the only reason they won that SB.

Big Ben had 17 TDs and 9 INTs passing for 198 yards per game the year he won a SB.

Flacco 22 and 10 passing for 238 yards per game

I could go on and on but obviously you're just an uneducated dipshit

I just quoted the stat lines of Foles and Flacco during their playoff runs. They played at elite levels during those runs.

Other than that, you’re calling Hall of Fame QBs game managers.

AssEaterChief 01-19-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOARGore (Post 14738968)
I think the big difference between Smith and Garoppolo is 3rd down.

He moves the sticks when we need it.

I believe Mahomes and the Chiefs were first in 3rd down conversions, but the 49ers were 5th.

That's what allows us to stick with the running game.

Jimmy G has the opposite problem of Smith. I didn't watch him much on the Chiefs, but with the 49ers, we called him Captain Checkdown.

Jimmy could stand to check down a little bit more LOL

Literally why I came to this board from a niners forum ROFL

I just wanted to see what these poor bastards thought of him.

BTW they called him the EXACT SAME THING

Mikulik 01-19-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

your run game isn't scary at all

AssEaterChief 01-19-2020 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14738978)
I just quoted the stat lines of Foles and Flacco during their playoff runs. They played at elite levels during those runs.

Other than that, you’re calling Hall of Fame QBs game managers.

Just because a guy has a hot hand and plays well for 4 games doesn't mean he isn't a game manager.

I'm calling HOF QBs game managers when they won those Super Bowls because they were game managers at that point in their careers. Manning was washed up, Ben was super young, so was Brady.

Most young QBs are game managers unless your name is Patrick Mahomes apparently, he's on another level

AssEaterChief 01-19-2020 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikulik (Post 14738980)

They know that, they don't care, they would rather pass all the time anyways. It is an Andy Reid offense to the max.

They haven't really had any repercussions so far because Mahomes is just so damn good but hopefully it will bite them in the ass eventually.

PurpleRiders51 01-19-2020 11:15 PM

This is our year. We're gonna win, go Chiefs!

Iowanian 01-19-2020 11:32 PM

I'm going to enjoy today, tonight. I'd guess at some point tomorrow after it sinks in and I'm finally accepting that super bowl champion is still in the cards, I'll get myself fired up and in Super Bowl smack form.

I feel like the likelihood of a hord of tofu eaters are going to roll in here with flyover country bullshit soon enough.

Chief fans....sleep well and sharpen those keyboard tomahawks tomorrow.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01-19-2020 11:36 PM

This is 2014 all over agin but we win this time!!

DRM08 01-19-2020 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssEaterChief (Post 14739020)
They know that, they don't care, they would rather pass all the time anyways. It is an Andy Reid offense to the max.

They haven't really had any repercussions so far because Mahomes is just so damn good but hopefully it will bite them in the ass eventually.

So you're rooting against them?

Halfcan 01-20-2020 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikulik (Post 14738980)

Ask the Titans how they liked it. We ran past them, around them and through them all day.

staylor26 01-20-2020 12:20 AM

Our defense doesn’t have a turnover in the playoffs yet, right?

We’re due!

Hammock Parties 01-20-2020 12:22 AM

We just beat the 2005 Chiefs.

We're about to beat the 97 Chiefs.

Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to.