ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Black QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325141)

Sorry 09-17-2019 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14454709)
Do you see me wimpering around over message board threads, talking cocks, poop and peckers, well?

Nothing incoherent, nobody here in any position to laugh at anyone (their thread history proves that) and far far from being a fool.

Dude, talking about peckers.....really guy?

You're still on it (predictably) it's over my guy, ok?

What's your thread history say about you kiddo? Lol

sully1983 09-17-2019 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14454686)
How many current NFL teams have a white boy pocket passer?

If you watch HS/NCAA football, what are you seeing?

The days of standing tall in the pocket are coming to an end, now it's put pressure on a defense on the perimeter, make them worry about the run.

There is Eli, nobody is worried at all about him running the ball so here they come, totally different deal with a Lamar Jackson back there.

The first draft pick next season with be Jalen Hurts out of Oklahoma, he can scoot.

I will agree to disagree. My point still stands. Very few (only 2 actually) black QBs have won a Super Bowl.
I'm seriously not trying to knock these mobile black qbs but their style of play isn't as sustainable as what white boy pocket passers are. You actually believe a guy like Lamar Jackson is going to win a Super Bowl? lol

I also disagree that Hurts will be the number one pick. Its probably gonna be Tua (who is of course black) so you do kinda have a point there at least.

Ubeja Vontell 09-17-2019 01:54 AM

Bored with the topic.

What other team can compare to this....

Chiefs all time defense

DL

Jerry Mays
Curley Culp...HOF
Buck Buchanon ...HOF
Neil Smith
Art Still

Backers

Derrick Thomas
Willie Laneir....HOF
Bobby Bell...HOF
Derrick Johnson
Justin Houston

backs

Eric Berry
Albert Lewis
Emmitt Thomas...HOF
Johnny Robinson...HOF
Dale Carter

Ubeja Vontell 09-17-2019 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 14454710)
You're still on it (predictably) it's over my guy, ok?

What's your thread history say about you kiddo? Lol

I have no....0....?

Ubeja Vontell 09-17-2019 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 14454712)
I will agree to disagree. My point still stands. Very few (only 2 actually) black QBs have won a Super Bowl.
I'm seriously not trying to knock these mobile black qbs but their style of play isn't as sustainable as what white boy pocket passers are. You actually believe a guy like Lamar Jackson is going to win a Super Bowl? lol

I also disagree that Hurts will be the number one pick. Its probably gonna be Tua (who is of course black) so you do kinda have a point there at least.

I'm not talking the past with this, I'm talking about what we are seeing right now, and the future.

Five divisions could be won by black QB's.

Ravens/Jackson
Cowboys/Prescott
Seahawks/Wilson
Houston/Watson
Chiefs/Mahomes

A Cowboys vs Chiefs SB a legit possibility, the first SB with two black QB's.

Do you follow HS football? Look at what we are seeing there, look at the NCAA.

Romo was replaced by who, Flacco was replaced by who, Luck retires who steps in, down goes Brees, who steps in, the first draft pick was who?

Jalen Hurts is totally out playing Tua this season, and he is the current Heisman fav.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 11:50 AM

A black QB won the SB, a black QB won the MVP and a black QB came in second. And when the players do their top 100 players for 2019, who can be ahead of Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson and Lamar Jackson?

I do put this gang....

Mahomes
Wilson
Jackson
Watson
Prescott

above

Brees
Rodgers
Brady
Cousins
Wentz

Not historically but 2020.

Next season we could have.....

the five I mentioned

Jameis Winston
Cam Newton
Kyler Murray
Teddy Bridgewater somewhere
Brissett
Haskins

A third of the league, gotta be a record.

njchiefs 02-16-2020 12:27 PM

^^^^ All true. Now we just gotta work on diversifying the place kickers, punters, tight end and offensive line positions more. I hear they make the punters and place kickers sit in the back of the bus. Racism is born of ignorance. But the race card is counterproductive. Can’t we all just get along ....

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njchiefs (Post 14798235)
^^^^ All true. Now we just gotta work on diversifying the place kickers, punters, tight end and offensive line positions more. I hear they make the punters and place kickers sit in the back of the bus. Racism is born of ignorance. But the race card is counterproductive. Can’t we all just get along ....

I will never understand this need to play pretend. I have been to the Phillipines, tiny little people, simply a fact of life. Then there is Samoa, they are huge, just another reality.

Those with roots to western Africa can run, simply a life reality. Why we have to play games about it?

If you watch HBCU football, it's kinda funny watching all black teams but white kickers, ha! Yep, a life reality.

Jewish Rabbi 02-16-2020 12:56 PM

Shocker that you’re let back into The Lounge and bump this racist thread.

You act kind of normal while rompered, get out on good behavior, and then come back and do the same shit that got you rompered in the first place.

Mennonite 02-16-2020 12:56 PM

Well, you learn something new everyday. Black people are good at sports? Who could have guessed? I can't wait to tell all my friends about this. They should be surprised because they've all been in comas since 1948.

njchiefs 02-16-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798282)
I will never understand this need to play pretend. I have been to the Phillipines, tiny little people, simply a fact of life. Then there is Samoa, they are huge, just another reality.

Those with roots to western Africa can run, simply a life reality. Why we have to play games about it?

If you watch HBCU football, it's kinda funny watching all black teams but white kickers, ha! Yep, a life reality.

Well I sort of agree, but then it gets very dicey when you then consider that things other then physical stature and ability can also be genetically determined.

PAChiefsGuy 02-16-2020 01:00 PM

Black QBs > White QBs?

RealSNR 02-16-2020 01:07 PM

Josh Allen, Carson Wentz, Alex Smith (before his leg exploded), and Matt Stafford are all effective scrambling QBs. With the exception of Josh Allen, you might not call them "electric" but they definitely make plays with their feet.

Alex Smith in particular ran like a goddamn gazelle. It's the one part of his game that I really really admired.

banecat 02-16-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 14798285)

You act kind of normal while rompered, get out on good behavior, and then come back and do the same shit that got you rompered in the first place.

The dude remembers the JFK Assassination like it was yesterday. He's just from a different time. I'm not condoning it. I'm just trying to explain it

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 14798285)

There was a big discussion about the year of the black QB on Speak For Your Self, when intelligent people discuss this it's interesting, nobody gets all wrapped up in that silly...racist....silliness, they are far above and beyond that.

I never see talking real life as being anything other than reality.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-16-2020 01:22 PM

If you have been in America for more than 5-6 generations. You're a mutt, if you like it or not

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njchiefs (Post 14798288)
Well I sort of agree, but then it gets very dicey when you then consider that things other then physical stature and ability can also be genetically determined.

What is dicey about 100% of the cornerbacks in the NFL have roots to western Africa as do 98% of the starting running backs.

JohnnyV13 02-16-2020 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798282)

I'm half Filipino. I'm a short guy (5'7") but feel lucky to be that tall since my Dad is 5'1". It startles me to go to the Philippines and be able to look over a crowd at 5'7".

Average man in the Philippines is 5'3" 3/8ths. You can see TONS of utterly tiny, gymnast sized adult women.

The weird thing about the Philippines is that their favorite sport is basketball, which is a game they can't hope to compete outside their home country. You'd think they'd adopt soccer or some other game where height isn't such a big deal.

banecat 02-16-2020 01:24 PM

1. Moon, that guy would still hold every record for passing if he hadn't been forced to waste his talent in the CFL
2. Randal McCunningham, that guy could throw rockets and run like the wind. If he had played RB he'd hold all of those records
3. Doug Williams, the first to be a champ and have to listen to listen to UV's brother actually ask him in a presser what it's like being a black QB
4. Vick, he changed the game. And was the first to lead a team to a playoff win at Lambeau
5. Watson, you put that kid on a solid team with an actual Oline, and he's Mahomes. And has a ring or two

I'm only doing a top five and an honorable mention or two because I'm getting bored with this

Honorable Mentions are Mahomes, and Winston. I'd like to see what Mahomes does if he doesn't have the fastest WR and the most aggressive TE in the game. I think that he does well because he's high IQ in general and in football. But he's probably the Bo Jackson, Tiger Woods, Wayne Gretsky, MJ, and Lebron of football, but I'm not putting him above the top four. They were game changers, but he probably passes 5 halfway through the first game next year. Winston is so talented, but such a headcase, and LJ in BMore probably passes him up in a couple of years if we're just going to be talking about Black QB's

DRM08 02-16-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14798308)
Josh Allen, Carson Wentz, Alex Smith (before his leg exploded), and Matt Stafford are all effective scrambling QBs. With the exception of Josh Allen, you might not call them "electric" but they definitely make plays with their feet.

Alex Smith in particular ran like a goddamn gazelle. It's the one part of his game that I really really admired.

Aaron Rodgers is another one (before he got old). He's the guy that I always felt was most similar to Mahomes. Really good scrambling ability mixed with insane arm talent.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14798308)

Being effective is a lot different than....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BBrcmMYRjSs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-16-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798203)
A black QB won the SB, a black QB won the MVP and a black QB came in second. And when the players do their top 100 players for 2019, who can be ahead of Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson and Lamar Jackson?

I do put this gang....

Mahomes
Wilson
Jackson
Watson
Prescott

above

Brees
Rodgers
Brady
Cousins
Wentz

Not historically but 2020.

Next season we could have.....

the five I mentioned

Jameis Winston
Cam Newton
Kyler Murray
Teddy Bridgewater somewhere
Brissett
Haskins

A third of the league, gotta be a record.

Last time I looked Wilson and Patrick were mixed race

JohnnyV13 02-16-2020 01:30 PM

MANY MANY years ago, SI ran a story about why black athletes run and jump better than other racial groups. The picture that headlined the story was Spud Webb winning the dunk competition.

The story attributed it to Africans averaging a muscular insertion point significantly farther from the joint than most other groups (thus increasing torque around a lever). Even almost 30 years ago that story got bombed by the PC police for being racist.

However, anyone that's played pickup basketball knows that black guys generally run the floor faster than white guys. It's not always true. But, if a team of black guys confront a team of white guys in a pickup game, I'll guarantee you the black guys are going make the white guys prove they can run with them.

Would be nice to discuss this without someone screaming racism.

banecat 02-16-2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 14798352)
If you have been in America for more than 5-6 generations. You're a mutt, if you like it or not

This. I've met only like two or three other people that aren't all of European Descent, and a lot of Americans have at least some Native American blood in them if we're just talking about the whites. And one of those was an actual Hatfield. Unless you have nothing but blonde or red hair, and only blue or green eyes, you have either African, or Asian DNA. And with less than five percent of the planet just having true blond or red hair and the same amount being with green or blue eyes, and not all of them overlapping, very few people are white white, and I don't really care, and so I'm not looking that shit up

banecat 02-16-2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP (Post 14798374)

Boom

Mennonite 02-16-2020 01:31 PM

I'm starting to think this guy wants bbc even more than Prison Bitch.

scho63 02-16-2020 01:32 PM

Jimmy the Greek approves of this thread. :LOL:

banecat 02-16-2020 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14798361)
Aaron Rodgers is another one (before he got old). He's the guy that I always felt was most similar to Mahomes. Really good scrambling ability mixed with insane arm talent.

And accuracy, and he's short for a QB. I think that he's barely over six feet tall. He still showed that he has most of that arm left against San Fran in the NFCCG

banecat 02-16-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14798384)

That dude was so entertaining, but most people with mob ties are

DRM08 02-16-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Prescott and Murray as well.

Easy 6 02-16-2020 01:35 PM

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out the successes of black QB's, but it always feels like theres another angle to these discussions with you, Ubeja...

banecat 02-16-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14798393)
Theres absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out the successes of black QB's, but it always feels like theres another angle to these discussions with you, Ubeja...

It does have that separate but equal feel to it all

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

So this is bogus?

Year of the black quarterback!
September 11, 2019 - by Larry Fitzgerald

Glendale, AZ — NFL year 100 is off to a great start for everyone except Collin Kaepernick. The season opens with more black quarterbacks starting than ever: Arizona’s Kyler Murray, Baltimore’s Lamar Jackson, Carolina’s Cam Newton, Dallas’ Dak Prescott, Houston’s Deshawn Watson, Kansas City’s Patrick Mahomes, Seattle’s Russell Wilson, Indianapolis’ Jacoby Brissett and Tampa Bay’s Jameis Winston.

That’s nine black starters among 32 NFL teams and cities, making 2019 the year of the black quarterback.

Mahomes is the NFL MVP. Wilson has won a Super Bowl before and led his team, Seattle, to two Super Bowls. Newton has also led his team, Carolina, to the Super Bowl. If we could just get Kaepernick a job, we would have three quarterbacks with previous Super Bowl experience.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-16-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798403)
So this is bogus?

Year of the black quarterback!
September 11, 2019 - by Larry Fitzgerald

Glendale, AZ — NFL year 100 is off to a great start for everyone except Collin Kaepernick. The season opens with more black quarterbacks starting than ever: Arizona’s Kyler Murray, Baltimore’s Lamar Jackson, Carolina’s Cam Newton, Dallas’ Dak Prescott, Houston’s Deshawn Watson, Kansas City’s Patrick Mahomes, Seattle’s Russell Wilson, Indianapolis’ Jacoby Brissett and Tampa Bay’s Jameis Winston.

That’s nine black starters among 32 NFL teams and cities, making 2019 the year of the black quarterback.

Mahomes is the NFL MVP. Wilson has won a Super Bowl before and led his team, Seattle, to two Super Bowls. Newton has also led his team, Carolina, to the Super Bowl. If we could just get Kaepernick a job, we would have three quarterbacks with previous Super Bowl experience.

Yes it’s common sense, Patrick Dad is Black and his mom is white. That equals mixed race.

njchiefs 02-16-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798355)
What is dicey about 100% of the cornerbacks in the NFL have roots to western Africa as do 98% of the starting running backs.

You didn’t read or understand my reply.

Easy 6 02-16-2020 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 14798398)
It does have that separate but equal feel to it all

It does seem to be true that blacks, in general, have a higher density of fast twitch muscle fiber

But Ubeja seems to see that as some kind of overall superiority, he's pretty fascinated by it IMO

Mennonite 02-16-2020 01:48 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pSGtKu1MU60" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyV13 (Post 14798376)
MANY MANY years ago, SI ran a story about why black athletes run and the jump better than other racial groups. The picture that headlined the story was Spud Webb winning the dunk competition.

The story attributed it to Africans averaging a muscular insertion point significantly farther from the joint than most other groups (thus increasing torque around a lever). Even almost 30 years ago that story got bombed by the PC police for being racist.

However, anyone that's played pickup basketball knows that black guys generally run the floor faster than white guys. It's not always true. But, if a team of black guys confront a team of white guys in a pickup game, I'll guarantee you the black guys are going make the white guys prove they can run with them.

Would be nice to discuss this without someone screaming racism.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

banecat 02-16-2020 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14798413)
It does seem to be true that blacks, in general, have a higher density of fast twitch muscle fiber

But Ubeja seems to see that as some kind of overall superiority, he's pretty fascinated by it IMO

Exactly. Like because blind people have a better sense of smell that they should be used to solve crimes or track fugitives in manhunts

ThaVirus 02-16-2020 01:55 PM

Quote:

Wilson’s parents are both black.

kccrow 02-16-2020 01:55 PM

Why do we care what race a QB is? Seriously. I've seen this pop up in media discussions several times. It's not like there haven't been good "black" QBs in the past and many of those have been pointed out. Is there something special about it that I'm not seeing? Black athletes dominate sports in terms of numbers, yet it needs to be made into something special if they play QB in the NFL or play hockey in the NHL? A good QB is a good QB and race has absolutely ****ing nothing to do with it in my eyes.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14798384)

Jimmy the Greek totally nailed it.

Gus Cannon is the leader of The Gus Cannon Jug Band who recorded back in the late 20's early 30's, he was born in the 1880's, his father was a slave.

Cannon...

My dad talked about the owner pairing that big strong buck with that big stout woman, looking to produce a better worker.

Something like that, yes it did happen. Then you can't ignore how only the strong survived the trip over here, all the weak ones died along the way so..............

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-16-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14798424)
Wilson’s parents are both black.

He’s part Native American to say he’s 100 % black is false

Demonpenz 02-16-2020 02:06 PM

Old ass owners and GM's were too dumb to put the ball in the best athletes hands at the most important position in sports. Randell Cuttingham doing RPO's and quick options and read options would have been nice.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14798413)

There are 330 million Americans, of that about 14% are Afro Americans. Of that 14% half are women, so now we are talking about 7%, of that 7% we have kids and old men so what % are between 22-30, what....4/5?

So,.....when 4/5 % of a nations population is 100% of anything like...

NFL cornerback
Olympic sprinters

,,,,we have to ask,,,,,how can that be? Right?

There is a high school in Fresno named Edison, it's mostly black, so guess who rules the track around here?

njchiefs 02-16-2020 02:14 PM

The obvious danger of having this discussion is that if one can attribute a particular athletic ability to an ethnic origin or a genetic trait more prevalent in a given race, then non athletic genetic prevalences are fair game as well... Bell Curve stuff. A slippery slope. And one best left alone. BTW, my 5’4” Filipino father had the best underhanded 3 point jump shot on the planet.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-16-2020 02:21 PM

Ubeja Vontell Would you have a problem with someone saying it’s the rise of the white running back? Christian McCaffrey Is the best RB in the NFL right now.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14798425)
Why do we care what race a QB is? Seriously. I've seen this pop up in media discussions several times. It's not like there haven't been good "black" QBs in the past and many of those have been pointed out. Is there something special about it that I'm not seeing? Black athletes dominate sports in terms of numbers, yet it needs to be made into something special if they play QB in the NFL or play hockey in the NHL? A good QB is a good QB and race has absolutely ****ing nothing to do with it in my eyes.

Google

Doug Williams....you will read first black QB to win the Superbowl
Howard Drew....you will read the first black Worlds Fastest Human
Hattie McDaneil.....first black to win an Oscar
Ernie Davis.....first black to win the Heisman...........movie made
Jackie Robinson....first black in MLB........movie made
Joe "Jet" Perry.....first black to gain a 1000 yards in an NFL season
Deford Bailey,,,,,first black at the Grand Old Opry
George "Little Chocolate" Dixn....first black to hold a boxng world title
Willie Thrower....first black to start an NFL game

Then it works like this also...

Christophe LeMaitre....frst caucasian to break 10.00 in a 100m
Jim Gregory....first white QB at Grambling.......move made

So yes people care.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 14798449)
Old ass owners and GM's were too dumb to put the ball in the best athletes hands at the most important position in sports. Randell Cuttingham doing RPO's and quick options and read options would have been nice.

Bingo!!!!

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njchiefs (Post 14798468)
The obvious danger of having this discussion is that if one can attribute a particular athletic ability to an ethnic origin or a genetic trait more prevalent in a given race, then non athletic genetic prevalences are fair game as well... Bell Curve stuff. A slippery slope. And one best left alone. BTW, my 5’4” Filipino father had the best underhanded 3 point jump shot on the planet.

What danger just open your eyes and there it is.

banecat 02-16-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798483)
Google

So yes people care.

You forgot The Juice. The first player to rush for over 2,000 yards in a season

Easy 6 02-16-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798450)
There are 330 million Americans, of that about 14% are Afro Americans. Of that 14% half are women, so now we are talking about 7%, of that 7% we have kids and old men so what % are between 22-30, what....4/5?

So,.....when 4/5 % of a nations population is 100% of anything like...

NFL cornerback
Olympic sprinters

,,,,we have to ask,,,,,how can that be? Right?

There is a high school in Fresno named Edison, it's mostly black, so guess who rules the track around here?

But why are you so obsessed with this subject, what difference does it make in your life?

Does it make you feel superior or something?

Mennonite 02-16-2020 02:31 PM

You know what CP needs? A frank discussion about race and how it relates to IQ, crime rates, and dick size.

I can think of no other group of people better suited to hash this out and really to the bottom of things.

banecat 02-16-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 14798496)
You know what CP needs? A frank discussion about race and how it relates to IQ, crime rates, and dick size.

I can think of no other group of people better suited to hash this out and really to the bottom of things.

I can't see a discussion like that taking a turn for the worse

Easy 6 02-16-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 14798496)

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 14798499)
I can't see a discussion like that taking a turn for the worse

LMAO its gonna be enlightening for sure...

banecat 02-16-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14798501)
LMAO its gonna be enlightening for sure...

Where's PB at? He's an expert on issues like this

kccrow 02-16-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798483)
Google

So yes people care.

Nobody gives a flying **** anywhere in my universe. You know who talks about black QBs, primarily? People who had issue with the Kaepernick debacle. And you know what? The NFL didn't blackball Kaepernick because he was black. In a league that supports more black people than any other, a man decided to use it as his personal dumping ground for racial injustice and at the same time desecrated the National Anthem. The NFL has made it clear to him that they will not tolerate it.

And on the same front, racial injustice does exist in society. It doesn't exist in the NFL at the QB position. The NFL and its owners have not passed on black QBs that have shown promise. They have given them opportunities. Some have flourished, many haven't. So really, drop the bullshit that people care that a QB is black. They don't. They care that the QB is good. Period.

You're great at using Google, you proved that in the past. It's your only source of knowledge.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP (Post 14798480)
Ubeja Vontell Would you have a problem with someone saying it’s the rise of the white running back? Christian McCaffrey Is the best RB in the NFL right now.

There have been TONS of great white running backs over the years, how about...

Hall of Famers

The Galloping Ghost
Steve Van Buren
Bronko Nagurski
Johnny "Blood" McNalley
Hugh "King" McElhenny
Frank Gifford
Jim Taylor
Paul Hornung
John Riggins

1000 yard rushers

Rick Casares
John David Crow,,,,Paul Brown talked about trading Jim Brown to get this guy.
Craig James
Peyton Hillis

studs

Keith Lincoln
Dickie Post
Alan "The Horse" Ameche
Alex Webster
Larry Csonka
Nick Pietrasonte
Ken Williard

So white running backs are nothing new.

But....McCaffrey has an unfair advantage, here is is grandpa at the 1960 Olympics, he is in lane one.

(NFLer to be Frank Budd/Ray Norton in two.three)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YpusAWku-mw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

banecat 02-16-2020 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798512)
There have been TONS of great white running backs over the years, how about...

Hall of Famers

The Galloping Ghost
Steve Van Buren
Bronko Nagurski
Johnny "Blood" McNalley
Hugh "King" McElhenny
Frank Gifford
Jim Taylor
Paul Hornung
John Riggins

1000 yard rushers

Rick Casares
John David Crow,,,,Paul Brown talked about trading Jim Brown to get this guy.
Craig James
Peyton Hillis

studs

Keith Lincoln
Dickie Post
Alan "The Horse" Ameche
Alex Webster
Larry Csonka
Nick Pietrasonte
Ken Williard

So white running backs are nothing new.

But....McCaffrey has an unfair advantage, here is is grandpa at the 1960 Olympics, he is in lane one.

(NFLer to be Frank Budd/Ray Norton in two.three)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YpusAWku-mw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Those crackers couldn't make a practice squad anymore

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14798508)
Nobody gives a flying **** anywhere in my universe. You know who talks about black QBs, primarily? People who had issue with the Kaepernick debacle. And you know what? The NFL didn't blackball Kaepernick because he was black. In a league that supports more black people than any other, a man decided to use it as his personal dumping ground for racial injustice and at the same time desecrated the National Anthem. The NFL has made it clear to him that they will not tolerate it.

And on the same front, racial injustice does exist in society. It doesn't exist in the NFL at the QB position. The NFL and its owners have not passed on black QBs that have shown promise. They have given them opportunities. Some have flourished, many haven't. So really, drop the bullshit that people care that a QB is black. They don't. They care that the QB is good. Period.

You're great at using Google, you proved that in the past. It's your only source of knowledge.

So why this.....

Hattie McDaniel (June 10, 1893 – October 26, 1952) was an American actress of stage and screen, professional singer-songwriter, and comedian. She is best known for her role as "Mammy" in Gone with the Wind (1939), for which she won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, the first Oscar won by a black entertainer.

Why do we need to be told she was the first anything....well?

Ernest Davis (December 14, 1939 – May 18, 1963) was an American football player, a halfback who won the Heisman Trophy in 1961 and was its first African-American recipient.

So why do we care if he was the first African American....right?

How about this....

Christophe Lemaitre[1] (French pronunciation: ​[kʁistɔf ləmɛtʁ]; born 11 June 1990) is a French sprinter who specialises in the 100 and 200 metres. In 2010, Lemaitre became the first white athlete to break the 10-second barrier in an officially timed 100 m event. He remained the only one to achieve the feat until joined by Ramil Guliyev and Filippo Tortu. Lemaitre has run a sub-10 second 100m on seven occasions: three times in 2010 and four times in 2011. He won a bronze medal in the 4 × 100 m relay at the 2012 London Olympic Games and in the 200 metres at the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics.

So tell me why do we care about him being white....right?

Dude, you are so wrong it's comical

Here have another......

Jack Roosevelt Robinson (January 31, 1919 – October 24, 1972) was an American professional baseball player who became the first African American to play in Major League Baseball (MLB) in the modern era.[1] Robinson broke the baseball color line when he started at first base for the Brooklyn Dodgers on April 15, 1947.[2] When the Dodgers signed Robinson, they heralded the end of racial segregation in professional baseball that had relegated black players to the Negro leagues since the 1880s.[3] Robinson was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1962.[4]

You sure nobody gives a ****?

Deberg_1990 02-16-2020 02:51 PM

The NFL truly needs more Asian quarterbacks.

Why do they always pass on those guys in the draft?

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 14798530)
Those crackers couldn't make a practice squad anymore

John Riggins would still be 240 pounds and a former Kansas sprint champ.

kccrow 02-16-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798534)
So why this.....

Hattie McDaniel (June 10, 1893 – October 26, 1952) was an American actress of stage and screen, professional singer-songwriter, and comedian. She is best known for her role as "Mammy" in Gone with the Wind (1939), for which she won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, the first Oscar won by a black entertainer.

Why do we need to be told she was the first anything....well?

Ernest Davis (December 14, 1939 – May 18, 1963) was an American football player, a halfback who won the Heisman Trophy in 1961 and was its first African-American recipient.

So why do we care if he was the first African American....right?

How about this....

They were firsts. Breakthroughs into a world where African-Americans previously weren't allowed.

Talking about a "black" NFL QB now? Ridiculous. There have been hundreds. There have been great ones, good ones, average ones, shitty ones, completely incompetent busts, etc.

What now makes mention of it more redeeming? Because there are more good ones now than there has been in the past?

At what point are you satiated? When they are all black? Would that make it somehow a greater accomplishment?

I really don't understand why you're pushing on this. What's the agenda? You are devoid of any substance here other than reciting Google results of the past. Why does it matter? Perhaps that's the biggest question. And, why does it matter to you?

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14798541)

We just saw history made in the SEC last track season.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/--t2LP4QDJY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brown is from Japan

RealSNR 02-16-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

The NFL totally blackballed Timmy Chang

kccrow 02-16-2020 02:56 PM

Quote:

I agree. I want to see some 5'1" dude out there pull some Jackie Chan flip move over an O-lineman and toss a football like a ninjitsu throwing star 40 yards downfield for a TD.

Shit, that's racist, isn't it.

Easy 6 02-16-2020 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 14798507)
Where's PB at? He's an expert on issues like this

Oh yeah, he is THE voice this conversation demands

Easy 6 02-16-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14798544)
They were firsts. Breakthroughs into a world where African-Americans previously weren't allowed.

Talking about a "black" NFL QB now? Ridiculous. There have been hundreds. There have been great ones, good ones, average ones, shitty ones, completely incompetent busts, etc.

What now makes mention of it more redeeming? Because there are more good ones now than there has been in the past?

At what point are you satiated? When they are all black? Would that make it somehow a greater accomplishment?

I really don't understand why you're pushing on this. What's the agenda? You are devoid of any substance here other than reciting Google results of the past. Why does it matter? Perhaps that's the biggest question. And, why does it matter to you?

I asked these same questions earlier, it seems to be a black superiority issue with him

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14798544)

Anytine 4/5% of a nations populations dominates anything it's interesting as to how is that is possible, I find it very interesting. You don't have to waste your time on it, right?

There is a thread here about Long John Silvers, being that doesn't interest me I stay out, see how it works?

JohnnyV13 02-16-2020 03:05 PM

There actually WAS a part Asian NFL quarterback.

50 years ago, Filipino-American QB Roman Gabriel won the NFL MVP for the Rams in 1969.

njchiefs 02-16-2020 03:05 PM

Quote:

Roman Gabriel was Filipino.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14798548)
I agree. I want to see some 5'1" dude out there pull some Jackie Chan flip move over an O-lineman and toss a football like a ninjitsu throwing star 40 yards downfield for a TD.

Shit, that's racist, isn't it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aoAm3mFnWnA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JohnnyV13 02-16-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njchiefs (Post 14798561)
Roman Gabriel was Filipino.

HA! I just beat you by a hair. Course, I was probably quicker on the draw b/c I know all about Roman Gabriel since I'm also Filipino American. Knew all about him when I was a little kid.

Perineum Ripper 02-16-2020 03:08 PM

Here is something for you to look into. Why is the percentage of black athletes falling in the MLB?

They went from13-14% to 7-8%

Anytime 4/5% of a nation’s population loses ground like that in 20 years, it’s interesting as to how/why that is possible.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14798554)
I asked these same questions earlier, it seems to be a black superiority issue with him

It's more a common sense thing actually. Samoans are huge, Filipinos are small, western Africans are fast, eastern Africans can run all day, etc.

Watching how people try tn deal with simply how things are, yep, entertaining.

JohnnyV13 02-16-2020 03:10 PM

Personally, I think it's complete racism that there aren't any Filipino centers in the NBA.

I think I should sue. Racism has cheated me out of the chance to pursue my desired career.

Demonpenz 02-16-2020 03:10 PM

no one cares about black qb's 234 posts into a thread

PAChiefsGuy 02-16-2020 03:12 PM

I like how some on here are acting like racism doesn't exist and are making a joke out of it by talking about Asians.

Pretty shameful if you ask me.

Demonpenz 02-16-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 14798568)
Here is something for you to look into. Why is the percentage of black athletes falling in the MLB?

They went from13-14% to 7-8%

Anytime 4/5% of a nation’s population loses ground like that in 20 years, it’s interesting as to how/why that is possible.

Baseball is ****ing expensive and black people are poor. Black people also can't find huge open fields in urban area's. Baseball is also boring and basketball is just cheap, flows like jazz and hip hop. Baseball is like the ****ing charlston

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 14798574)
no one cares about black qb's 234 posts into a thread

Movies...

The White Tiger.......white QB at Grambling
The Jackie Robinson Story......first black in MLB
Forget the name but the story of Ernie Davis the first black Heisman winner
What was the name of that movie about Texas Western with five starting black players winning the NCAA?
Remembr the Titans.....black and white HS footballers get stuck on the same team

SI called Don Delillo's...ENDZONE....the best fiction ever written about college football. It is the story of an all white Texas College named Logos State and the schools first black football player Taft Robinson....

"but mostly he could fly, he had sprint speed, a 9.3 clocking at 100 yards, speed that black gift that thrills millions"

Something like that,