ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV MCU Meta Discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323939)

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 15193521)
He was murdering career criminals, it’s strongly underlined.

Not excusing it, but you weigh that against his contribution in saving half the planet and yeah, mulligan.

Not to the Japanese criminal underworld or the Mexican Cartels.

The one question I hope that is resolved, in either the TV series or upcoming movies, is this: What happened to the world when 4 billion people suddenly return from the dead?

5 years is a LONG time for people, many of whom have moved on from their previous lives, met and married other people and have started new families.

What happens when dear old Dad shows up to his house in which his wife is married to another man and has borne his children?

DaneMcCloud 09-30-2020 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 15183415)
Very excited to see who gets cast. Very excited for this character and show. Never saw bad boys for life

https://deadline.com/2020/09/iman-ve...us-1234587969/

Newcomer Iman Vellani To Play Title Role In Marvel’s ‘Ms. Marvel’ Series For Disney Plus

EXCLUSIVE: After a long and hard search, Marvel has found its Ms. Marvel. The studio is tapping newcomer Iman Vellani to star in its Disney+ series based on the comic-book character. Marvel and the streamer recently named Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and Meera Menon as directors on the project.

Ms. Marvel hails from writer Bisha K. Ali and centers on Kamala Khan, a Pakistani-American teen based in New Jersey. Ms. Marvel first appeared in 2014 as Marvel’s first Muslim character to star in her own title, and she will become Marvel Studios’ first onscreen Muslim hero. Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige has said that in addition to appearing on the small screen, Kamala Khan will be included in future Marvel films.

The plan always was to stay true to the character in finding the right actress to play the role, even if it meant offering a person that was not well known to the public.

Marvel and Disney+ have been hard at work setting up their development slate in recent weeks by not only setting Tatiana Maslany to lead its She-Hulk but also giving Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury character his own series. The studio also announced that WandaVision would be the first show to premiere on the streamer later this year.

Although this marks Vellani’s first major Hollywood production, she already has made tries to help diversify the industry. At the 2019 Toronto Film Festival, she was part of the Next Wave Committee, which was tasked with adding a special tag to films — already programmed into other categories — which they believed would resonate with their peers.

----
Ms. Marvel is a shapeshifter, so this could be super entertaining and creative.

GloucesterChief 09-30-2020 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15193507)
Okay, now THIS sounds like a cool concept.

If the show's main theme is Hawkeye running for his life, trying to avoid the families of people he murdered as Ronin during The Snap, while preparing Kate Bishop as the new Hawkeye, I'd be fully into the series.

But a guy that shoots bows and arrows without any super powers just sounds lame to me.

I mean in the comics he has all sorts of devices on his arrows and is a pretty skilled sleight of hand and con artist.

lawrenceRaider 10-01-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15206675)
https://deadline.com/2020/09/iman-ve...us-1234587969/

Newcomer Iman Vellani To Play Title Role In Marvel’s ‘Ms. Marvel’ Series For Disney Plus

EXCLUSIVE: After a long and hard search, Marvel has found its Ms. Marvel. The studio is tapping newcomer Iman Vellani to star in its Disney+ series based on the comic-book character. Marvel and the streamer recently named Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and Meera Menon as directors on the project.

Ms. Marvel hails from writer Bisha K. Ali and centers on Kamala Khan, a Pakistani-American teen based in New Jersey. Ms. Marvel first appeared in 2014 as Marvel’s first Muslim character to star in her own title, and she will become Marvel Studios’ first onscreen Muslim hero. Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige has said that in addition to appearing on the small screen, Kamala Khan will be included in future Marvel films.

The plan always was to stay true to the character in finding the right actress to play the role, even if it meant offering a person that was not well known to the public.

Marvel and Disney+ have been hard at work setting up their development slate in recent weeks by not only setting Tatiana Maslany to lead its She-Hulk but also giving Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury character his own series. The studio also announced that WandaVision would be the first show to premiere on the streamer later this year.

Although this marks Vellani’s first major Hollywood production, she already has made tries to help diversify the industry. At the 2019 Toronto Film Festival, she was part of the Next Wave Committee, which was tasked with adding a special tag to films — already programmed into other categories — which they believed would resonate with their peers.

----
Ms. Marvel is a shapeshifter, so this could be super entertaining and creative.

So this is going to be a kids show? It says she is 18, but looks more like 15.

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15207840)
So this is going to be a kids show? It says she is 18, but looks more like 15.

I don't know much about the character but apparently, she becomes an Avenger at some point and will appear in Phase 5 feature films.

Fish 10-01-2020 11:59 AM

Sony Could Have Bought Marvel's Entire Roster for $25 Million in 1998

"In 1998, a young Sony Pictures executive named Yair Landau was tasked with securing the theatrical screen rights to Spider-Man. His company had DVD rights to the web slinger but needed the rest in order to make a movie."

Marvel Entertainment, then only a famed name in the comic-book world, had just begun trying to make film deals. The company was fresh out of bankruptcy and desperate for cash, so its new chief, Ike Perlmutter, responded with a more audacious offer. Sony, he countered, could have the movie rights to nearly every Marvel character—Iron Man, Thor, Ant-Man, Black Panther and more—for $25 million.

Mr. Landau took the offer back to his bosses at Sony, whose response was quick and decisive, he recalled in an interview: "Nobody gives a sh—about any of the other Marvel characters. Go back and do a deal for only Spider-Man."

More at link...

Jamie 10-01-2020 01:16 PM

One thing I think is pretty clear, if you know the comics, Marvel is getting the pieces in place to do Young Avengers in some form. They've already aged up Cassie Lang (Stature), Kate Bishop is in the Hawkeye show, they're apparently introducing America Chavez in Dr. Strange. Kang is the villain in Ant Man 3. It's not a stretch to guess that WandaVision will introduce Wanda and Vision's sons (Wiccan and Speed).

Ms. Marvel hasn't been part of the Young Avengers in the comics, but really makes more sense in this group. Spider-Man would also make sense in this group, and Marvel does have one more appearance for him in the Sony deal after Spider-Man 3.

FemdomFilmFan 10-01-2020 03:07 PM

'Spider-Man 3' Jolt: Jamie Foxx Returning as Electro (Exclusive)

https://www.ignboards.com/proxy.php?...bf6927570ae84f

Deberg_1990 10-01-2020 04:30 PM

That’s kinda odd. It’s not like he was iconic in that role and the movie wasn’t very good.

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2020 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15208550)
That’s kinda odd. It’s not like he was iconic in that role and the movie wasn’t very good.

But it makes sense, especially from a marketing perspective, to bring back a hugely popular and well-known actor as opposed to re-casting.

The same thing can be said for bringing back J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson.

IMO, the last two Spider-man movies starring Tom Holland are among the best MCU films of this run. Holland is absolutely perfect, the story arcs excellent and the cast has been spot on across the board.

Deberg_1990 10-01-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15208577)
But it makes sense, especially from a marketing perspective, to bring back a hugely popular and well-known actor as opposed to re-casting.

The same thing can be said for bringing back J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson.

IMO, the last two Spider-man movies starring Tom Holland are among the best MCU films of this run. Holland is absolutely perfect, the story arcs excellent and the cast has been spot on across the board.

Now Simmons was beloved in that role. I can understand that.

I like Jamie Foxx, but didn’t really think he was anything special in that role. The makeup was cool though.

Deberg_1990 10-01-2020 05:32 PM

It’s kind of a weird thing between Sony/Marvel Studios how they are keeping ties to the old spider universes with Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield.

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15208689)
It’s kind of a weird thing between Sony/Marvel Studios how they are keeping ties to the old spider universes with Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield.

Where are you going to find a better actor than JK Simmons for that role?

Jamie Foxx wasn't the problem with the Garfield led Spiderman movies, so why replace a Top Line, Oscar Winning Actor?

Deberg_1990 10-08-2020 09:13 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Benedict Cumberbatch joins <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SpiderMan3?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SpiderMan3</a> as Doctor Strange (exclusive) <a href="https://t.co/fFUtiTQcER">https://t.co/fFUtiTQcER</a> <a href="https://t.co/FsOSL6zvnB">pic.twitter.com/FsOSL6zvnB</a></p>&mdash; The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) <a href="https://twitter.com/THR/status/1314261858963120128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2020 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15229697)
<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="" title="Twitter Tweet" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/index.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1314261858963120128&lang=en&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fww w.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dnewreply%26p%3D15229697&theme=light&widgetsVersion=ed2 0a2b%3A1601588405575&width=550px" data-tweet-id="1314261858963120128" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 520px; height: 483px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;"></iframe>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.96fd96193cc66c3e11d4c5e4c7c7ec97.html?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" title="Twitter analytics iframe" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

Just when you think that the MCU couldn’t possibly get ANY better, there’s this.

2022 can’t get here fast enough.

lawrenceRaider 10-09-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15208699)
Where are you going to find a better actor than JK Simmons for that role?

Jamie Foxx wasn't the problem with the Garfield led Spiderman movies, so why replace a Top Line, Oscar Winning Actor?

Scripts and direction seemed to be the problem with the Garfield Spiderman movies. I thought he was fine as Spiderman.

Not nearly as good as Holland though. Both of Holland's Spiderman movies have gotten better with subsequent watchings. Much like Dr Strange and Thor Ragnarok.

Buehler445 10-09-2020 10:13 AM

Garfield gets a bad rap. I thought he was good and there were some good moments.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15230580)
Scripts and direction seemed to be the problem with the Garfield Spiderman movies. I thought he was fine as Spiderman.

Not nearly as good as Holland though. Both of Holland's Spiderman movies have gotten better with subsequent watchings. Much like Dr Strange and Thor Ragnarok.

For me, Tom Holland has been absolutely pitch perfect as Spider-Man. The cast has been absolutely perfect, the movies light-hearted and fun yet heavy at times. The relationship between Iron Man and Spider-Man feels so real and is so endearing that I forget that I’m watching a Super Hero movie. And of course, the banter and relationship between Happy, Aunt Mae and Peter has been a blast to watch.

The only “complaint” I have about the Holland-led Spider-Man films is that most likely, we won’t see Jake Gyllenhall again, who based on his performance, would have been the perfect guy to lead the Avengers into their next phase, obviously as a different character.

His performance was fantastic, IMO, and is right up there with RDJ, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth and Mark Ruffalo’s best performances in the MCU.

Maybe if Wanda warps reality, we’ll see Gyllenhall return but as Tony Stark, Ariel not many could pull off, especially after RDJ, but based on Far From Home, Gyllenhall would be the perfect fit, IMO.

Deberg_1990 10-09-2020 10:32 AM

Yea Gyllenhall was great. One is my favorite actors. He’s always interesting.

I’m surprised he took a villain role? Maybe he didn’t want the long term commitment?

unlurking 10-09-2020 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15230627)
Maybe if Wanda warps reality, we’ll see Gyllenhall return but as Tony Stark, Ariel not many could pull off, especially after RDJ, but based on Far From Home, Gyllenhall would be the perfect fit, IMO...

I'm guessing it more likely we see Ironheart introduced than someone who has to fill RDJ's shoes. Maybe RDJ would be willing to be involved just doing voice overs?

Quote:

Post-Civil War II
Appearing in her Rescue armor following the "Civil War II" storyline, Pepper Potts confronts Riri Williams and Tony Stark, that has transferred his consciousness into a device becoming an A.I., in an attempt to explain the problems of being a superhero.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riri_W...In_other_media

Looks like it has been rumored for a while...

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...n-man-phase-4/

unlurking 10-09-2020 11:03 AM

Would give Disney an MCU character in the same demographic as Spider-Man. Something they don't have at the moment, and I'm sure Disney is looking for some younger super-heroes to go with their darker/more mature catalog.

Direckshun 10-09-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15230627)
For me, Tom Holland has been absolutely pitch perfect as Spider-Man. The cast has been absolutely perfect, the movies light-hearted and fun yet heavy at times. The relationship between Iron Man and Spider-Man feels so real and is so endearing that I forget that I’m watching a Super Hero movie. And of course, the banter and relationship between Happy, Aunt Mae and Peter has been a blast to watch.

The only “complaint” I have about the Holland-led Spider-Man films is that most likely, we won’t see Jake Gyllenhall again, who based on his performance, would have been the perfect guy to lead the Avengers into their next phase, obviously as a different character.

His performance was fantastic, IMO, and is right up there with RDJ, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth and Mark Ruffalo’s best performances in the MCU.

Maybe if Wanda warps reality, we’ll see Gyllenhall return but as Tony Stark, Ariel not many could pull off, especially after RDJ, but based on Far From Home, Gyllenhall would be the perfect fit, IMO.

Gyllenhaal absolutely nailed Mysterio.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 15230743)
Would give Disney an MCU character in the same demographic as Spider-Man. Something they don't have at the moment, and I'm sure Disney is looking for some younger super-heroes to go with their darker/more mature catalog.

Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk and Kate Bishop, the second Hawkeye, all fill that void.

It'll be interesting to see who's cast as Moon Night.

keg in kc 10-09-2020 07:08 PM

Maybe not as much with she-hulk. Maslany is 35 and the character is a lawyer.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2020 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15231865)
Maybe not as much with she-hulk. Maslany is 35 and the character is a lawyer.

I had no idea she’s 35.

I’ve never read any of these comics so I’m excited for them all, especially since they’re going to be in Phase 5. Ms. Marvel is an Inhuman, which would be interesting, too.

For some reason, the new show that is most intriguing to me is Moon Knight, only because it sounds like a cool concept.

I like Batman, but just like with Superman, I’ve had enough if the same old characters on film and TV for the past 50+ years.

Give me something new instead of the same old, same old Riddler, Joker, Penguin, Zod and Lex Luther.

unlurking 10-09-2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15231232)
Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk and Kate Bishop, the second Hawkeye, all fill that void.

It'll be interesting to see who's cast as Moon Night.

She-Hulk is way too old. Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye COULD definitely fill that void too, but neither of them do. Sony has the only "teenage superhero" selling movie tickets. I think Ironheart would be an easier sell since she comes from the Stark background and is a cooler character IMO.

unlurking 10-09-2020 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15231910)
I had no idea she’s 35.

I’ve never read any of these comics so I’m excited for them all, especially since they’re going to be in Phase 5. Ms. Marvel is an Inhuman, which would be interesting, too.

For some reason, the new show that is most intriguing to me is Moon Knight, only because it sounds like a cool concept.

I like Batman, but just like with Superman, I’ve had enough if the same old characters on film and TV for the past 50+ years.

Give me something new instead of the same old, same old Riddler, Joker, Penguin, Zod and Lex Luther.

I'm definitely excited for Moon Knight. Great character.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2020 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 15231918)
She-Hulk is way too old. Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye COULD definitely fill that void too, but neither of them do. Sony has the only "teenage superhero" selling movie tickets. I think Ironheart would be an easier sell since she comes from the Stark background and is a cooler character IMO.

Well, both Ms. Marvel and Kate Bishop are teenagers and they’re going to be in the Phase 5 films so hopefully, the audience connects with them on the small screen.

Sony is doing Spider-Woman next with Olivia Wilde.

unlurking 10-10-2020 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15231925)
Well, both Ms. Marvel and Kate Bishop are teenagers and they’re going to be in the Phase 5 films so hopefully, the audience connects with them on the small screen.

Sony is doing Spider-Woman next with Olivia Wilde.

Ahhh, I hadn't seen that they were part of phase 5. Guess we'll see!

I can get behind Olivia Wilde in a skin tight suit. lol

DaneMcCloud 10-26-2020 12:52 PM

Oscar Isaac in talks to become Moon Knight and if so, this series should be awesome.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ght-for-disney

Oscar Isaac in Talks to Star in Marvel's 'Moon Knight' for Disney+

Jeremy Slater, who developed and wrote Netflix’s 'Umbrella Academy' adaptation, has been tapped to develop and lead the writing team.

Oscar Isaac is in negotiations to topline Moon Knight, the latest Marvel series for Disney+. The dealmaking sets up a return for Isaac to the four-color world of Marvel, as he played the blue-skinned titular villain in Fox’s 2016 Marvel movie, X-Men: Apocalypse. Jeremy Slater, who developed and wrote Netflix’s comic book adaptation Umbrella Academy series, has been tapped to develop and lead the writing team on Moon Knight.

Moon Knight has had a winding road in the comics since debuting in 1975’s Werewolf by Night #32. Moon Knight is Marc Spector, an ex-marine turned mercenary who had multiple alter egos that allow him to better fight crime. These alternate personas include cabbie Jake Lockley and millionaire playboy Steven Grant. In the later comics, he was established as being a conduit for the Egyptian moon god Khonshu, while, recently, he was a consultant who dresses in all-white and goes by the name Mr. Knight. Most writers who have tackled Moon Knight in recent years have depicted him as a character with multiple personalities and a fractured mental state. If a deal makes, the casting of Moon Knight will close out the top billing of the final run of Marvel originals for Disney+ and follows Tatiana Maslany coming on board to lead She-Hulk, and newcomer Iman Vellani to star in Ms. Marvel.

Those series join a growing roster of shows Marvel Studios has in the works for Disney+. WandaVision, starring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, is set to debut later this year. The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, and Tom Hiddleston's Loki are both working to complete production after facing COVID-19 related shutdowns in the spring. Isaac is well-known for his work in the genre space with leading roles in the latest Star Wars trilogy, Annihilation and Ex Machina, as well as in prestige fare like Inside Llewyn Davis. He also made an uncredited post-credits cameo in the Oscar-winning Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse as fan-favorite hero Miguel O'Hara. He next appears in Denis Villeneuve's adaptation of Dune, now set to open Oct. 1, 2021, and is prepping to shoot James Gray's Armageddon Time.

Isaac is repped by WME, Inspire Entertainment, and Goodman Genow.

Deberg_1990 10-26-2020 12:56 PM

Nice. Never heard of Moon Knight but sounds interesting. Oscar Issac is always good.

Direckshun 10-26-2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15277575)
Nice. Never heard of Moon Knight but sounds interesting. Oscar Issac is always good.

Marvel Batman.

DaneMcCloud 10-26-2020 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15277575)

I kind of doubt they'll introduce this character as suffering from multiple personality disorder but Isaac is such a great actor that it'll be cool to see him take on multiple personas in this series.

keg in kc 10-26-2020 02:10 PM

Jeremy Slater attached doesn't give me warm and fuzzies, but I like Oscar Issac.

There's been a lot of Obi Wan talk lately too.

Bowser 10-26-2020 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 15277631)
Marvel Batman.

Completely psychotic, to boot!

Buehler445 10-27-2020 01:01 PM

So my guy Dane inspired me to rewatch the infinity saga.

Definitely worth the time, and frankly, a different viewing experience. I probably didn't give it the due it deserved because I watched them in fragments on my phone mostly.

But on the whole, watching them in close proximity to each other you definitely pickup stuff you'd otherwise gloss over. And, like all good movies, the little stuff is what moves the needle from whatever to worthwhile.

The other thing that was surprising to me was that a lot of the moments, even though I knew what was going to happen worked. Things like Yondu dying, Peggy as Cap went into the ice, Black Widow dying on Vormir, Quicksilver dying, Tony talking listening to his dad on IM2, all that stuff really hit and I thought surely it would be corny but almost to a scene it all worked.

I'd agree that what Feige pulled off was really amazing. While some of the individual movies were meh, the whole story was really ****ing good. Hats off to Feige.

Winter Soldier is still my favorite movie.

This is still my favorite scene.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kmfpzYfLhPE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cabletech94 10-29-2020 05:53 AM

Winter Soldier is my favorite!! Changes the entire face of the Captain America ( marvel ? ) universe!!!

DaneMcCloud 12-03-2020 04:09 PM

Hailee Steinfeld has been cast as Kate Bishop in the upcoming Marvel TV show, Hawkeye.

DaneMcCloud 12-04-2020 10:50 AM

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/haw...st-1234845371/

Hawkeye’ Series at Disney Plus Adds Six to Cast, Including Vera Farmiga and Tony Dalton

The upcoming “Hawkeye” series at Disney Plus has cast a number of key roles, Variety has learned exclusively from sources. Along with series leads Jeremy Renner and Hailee Steinfeld, Vera Farmiga, Florence Pugh, Fra Fee, Tony Dalton, Alaqua Cox, and Zahn McClarnon will all appear in the series.

Reps for Disney and the actors did not immediately respond to Variety‘s request for comment. Farmiga is attached to play the Marvel character Eleanor Bishop, the mother of Kate Bishop (Steinfeld). Farmiga was previously nominated for the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in “Up in the Air.” She is also known for her starring role in the A&E series “Bates Motel” and in films like “The Departed” and “The Conjuring” and “The Conjuring 2.” She is repped by CAA, Authentic Talent & Literary Management, and Peikoff Mahan.

Fee will play a character named Kazi, most likely short for Kazimierz Kazimierczak, known to Marvel fans as the mercenary villain Clown. Fee’s onscreen roles include the 2012 film version of “Les Misérables” as well as films like “Animals,” “Boys from County Hell,” and “Pixie.” He will also appear in the upcoming live-action “Cinderella” film. He is repped by Dalzell and Beresford in the U.K., and Paradigm and Untitled Entertainment in the U.S.

Dalton will play Jack Duquesne, more than likely a take on the Marvel character Jacques Duquesne or Swordsman. An early mentor to Hawkeye, Swordsman has been both a hero and a villain in the Marvel comics. Dalton is known for playing Lalo Salamanca on the hit AMC series “Better Call Saul.” His other roles include the Spanish-language shows “Sr. Ávila,” “Dueños del Paraíso,” and “Los simuladores.” He is repped by Gilbertson Entertainment.

Pugh will reprise the role of spy and assassin Yelena Belova, the sister of Black Widow. Pugh is set to play the character in the upcoming film “Black Widow” opposite Scarlett Johansson, who has played the title character in multiple films throughout the MCU. That film is scheduled to be released in May 2021 after being delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Pugh was most recently nominated for an Oscar for her role in the 2019 film “Little Women.” She previously starred in the AMC limited series “The Little Drummer Girl” and in films like “Midsommar,” “Lady Macbeth,” and “Outlaw King.” She is repped by Curtis Brown Group, CAA, Brillstein Entertainment Partners, and Ziffren Brittenham. Her involvement in the series was first reported by The Direct.

Newcomer Cox will play Maya Lopez, the true name of the Marvel character Echo, a deaf Native American who is capable of perfectly copying another person’s movements, making her a formidable fighter. The show will mark Cox’s onscreen debut.

DaFace 12-08-2020 08:12 PM

This is fun.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&#39;Spider-Man 3&#39;: Alfred Molina returning as Doctor Octopus <a href="https://t.co/of1IaMdQ1x">https://t.co/of1IaMdQ1x</a> <a href="https://t.co/wcXMqQP2Qa">pic.twitter.com/wcXMqQP2Qa</a></p>— The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) <a href="https://twitter.com/THR/status/1336380705224478720?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sassy Squatch 12-08-2020 08:17 PM

That's just ****ing awesome.

Sassy Squatch 12-08-2020 08:27 PM

Talk of Maguire, Dunst, and Garfield as well? We're going full live action multiverse then?

Deberg_1990 12-08-2020 08:27 PM

Apparently they are trying to get Toby McGuire, Andrew Garfield, Kirsten Dunst and Emma Stone too.

DaFace 12-08-2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15383586)
Talk of Maguire, Dunst, and Garfield as well? We're going full live action multiverse then?

Yeah, it's starting to look like multiverses may be a key component of the next phase. I trust Feige, so hopefully it's awesome.

Sassy Squatch 12-08-2020 08:34 PM

This needs to be a thing in the movie LMAO

https://cdn.substack.com/image/fetch...7_548x436.jpeg

DaFace 12-08-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15383607)
This needs to be a thing in the movie LMAO

https://cdn.substack.com/image/fetch...7_548x436.jpeg

Oh man...I'd laugh my ass off.

Deberg_1990 12-08-2020 08:46 PM

Would be sweet if they snagged Nicholas Hammond for something.

007 12-08-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15383546)
This is fun.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&#39;Spider-Man 3&#39;: Alfred Molina returning as Doctor Octopus <a href="https://t.co/of1IaMdQ1x">https://t.co/of1IaMdQ1x</a> <a href="https://t.co/wcXMqQP2Qa">pic.twitter.com/wcXMqQP2Qa</a></p>— The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) <a href="https://twitter.com/THR/status/1336380705224478720?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh HELL YES!!!

Tribal Warfare 12-08-2020 09:12 PM

Quote:

Holland's Spider-Man 3 which also have Jaime Foxx

DaneMcCloud 12-08-2020 09:32 PM

Quote:

Yep.

From my understanding, Dr. Strange will be appearing in the film as well.

DaneMcCloud 12-08-2020 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15383601)
Yeah, it's starting to look like multiverses may be a key component of the next phase. I trust Feige, so hopefully it's awesome.

It will also allow them to bring back some characters from the dead as well as recast a few.

Tom Cruise as Iron Man, anyone?

Deberg_1990 12-08-2020 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15383789)
It will also allow them to bring back some characters from the dead as well as recast a few.

Tom Cruise as Iron Man, anyone?

Ok, that would be funny. Considering the early development of Iron Man.

Fish 12-08-2020 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15383546)
This is fun.

That's good. He nailed the Doc Oc character...

ThaVirus 12-08-2020 10:37 PM

**** it. Bring in some dope X Men while you're at it.

Deberg_1990 12-08-2020 10:47 PM

No Topher Grace, Thomas Haden Church or James Franco?

Tribal Warfare 12-09-2020 01:04 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The reported cast list of the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MCU?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MCU</a>&#39;s <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SpiderMan3?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SpiderMan3</a> currently includes:<a href="https://twitter.com/TomHolland1996?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TomHolland1996</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AndrewGarfield?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#AndrewGarfield</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TobeyMaguire?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TobeyMaguire</a> (in talks)<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/EmmaStone?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#EmmaStone</a> (expected)<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KirstenDunst?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KirstenDunst</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BenedictCumberbatch?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BenedictCumberbatch</a><a href="https://twitter.com/iamjamiefoxx?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@iamjamiefoxx</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Alfred?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Alfred</a> Molina<br>More: <a href="https://t.co/DZ8quqcQZJ">https://t.co/DZ8quqcQZJ</a> <a href="https://t.co/LYXJvkpftK">pic.twitter.com/LYXJvkpftK</a></p>&mdash; MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) <a href="https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1336414223082156034?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud 12-09-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15383917)
**** it. Bring in some dope X Men while you're at it.

Sony doesn’t have the IP Rights to any of the X Men, which were purchased by Disney in the 20th Century Fox acquisition.

I doubt they’d license any of those characters, at least at this point in time.

ThaVirus 12-09-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15384540)
Sony doesn’t have the IP Rights to any of the X Men, which were purchased by Disney in the 20th Century Fox acquisition.

I doubt they’d license any of those characters, at least at this point in time.

True.. Well there's still hope for X-Men to show up in the main MCU storylines then.

Tribal Warfare 12-09-2020 11:03 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Charlie Cox&#39;s <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Daredevil?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Daredevil</a> Reportedly Joins <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SpiderMan3?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SpiderMan3</a> <a href="https://t.co/gH1SUFyldb">https://t.co/gH1SUFyldb</a> <a href="https://t.co/NV0bMJif7B">pic.twitter.com/NV0bMJif7B</a></p>&mdash; Comic Book Resources (@CBR) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1336710127932608517?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Deberg_1990 12-09-2020 12:21 PM

Haha. That’s interesting. I got the feeling Feige tried to distance himself from all the Netflix defenders series?

Bowser 12-09-2020 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15384097)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The reported cast list of the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MCU?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MCU</a>&#39;s <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SpiderMan3?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SpiderMan3</a> currently includes:<a href="https://twitter.com/TomHolland1996?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TomHolland1996</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AndrewGarfield?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#AndrewGarfield</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TobeyMaguire?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TobeyMaguire</a> (in talks)<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/EmmaStone?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#EmmaStone</a> (expected)<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KirstenDunst?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KirstenDunst</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BenedictCumberbatch?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BenedictCumberbatch</a><a href="https://twitter.com/iamjamiefoxx?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@iamjamiefoxx</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Alfred?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Alfred</a> Molina<br>More: <a href="https://t.co/DZ8quqcQZJ">https://t.co/DZ8quqcQZJ</a> <a href="https://t.co/LYXJvkpftK">pic.twitter.com/LYXJvkpftK</a></p>&mdash; MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) <a href="https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1336414223082156034?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15384574)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Charlie Cox&#39;s <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Daredevil?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Daredevil</a> Reportedly Joins <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SpiderMan3?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SpiderMan3</a> <a href="https://t.co/gH1SUFyldb">https://t.co/gH1SUFyldb</a> <a href="https://t.co/NV0bMJif7B">pic.twitter.com/NV0bMJif7B</a></p>&mdash; Comic Book Resources (@CBR) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1336710127932608517?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Whoa. This is a total crazytown idea, but it would work perfectly with Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness (and just my opinion, it's a perfect way to keep Thanos involved in the MCU going forward, not to mention other characters like Dane pointed out. He's just too good of a villain to let be dusted and fade away).

It's starting to feel like Fiege was a fan of the DCU's Crisis on Infinite Earths storyline from the CW?

keg in kc 12-09-2020 04:51 PM

All these characters. This thing is going to be extended edition Return of the King long.

Bowser 12-10-2020 03:43 PM

Interesting speculation

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sJkopLFI_IM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2020 03:50 PM

Disney just announced that Disney+ has 86.6 million subscribers.

And to think that just a year ago, Disney was hoping to have 25 million subs by 2023/2024.

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2020 03:51 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Over the next few years, roughly 10 <a href="https://twitter.com/Marvel?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Marvel</a> series, 10 <a href="https://twitter.com/starwars?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@StarWars</a> series, 15 Disney live action, <a href="https://twitter.com/DisneyAnimation?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@DisneyAnimation</a>, and <a href="https://twitter.com/Pixar?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Pixar</a> series, plus 15 all-new Disney live action, Disney Animation, and Pixar features will be released directly on <a href="https://twitter.com/disneyplus?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@DisneyPlus</a>.</p>&mdash; Disney (@Disney) <a href="https://twitter.com/Disney/status/1337152322653351936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaFace 12-10-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15386942)
Disney just announced that Disney+ has 86.6 million subscribers.

And to think that just a year ago, Disney was hoping to have 25 million subs by 2023/2024.

I wonder if that includes Verizon customers and to what extent. I'm a "subscriber," but I'm not paying for it.

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2020 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15386950)
I wonder if that includes Verizon customers and to what extent. I'm a "subscriber," but I'm not paying for it.

I'm not absolutely, positively certain but I'm pretty sure that if you haven't activated your account, you're not counted as a subscriber.

They just said that between ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu, they currently have 137 million subs in total.

I don't know if they'll confirm this today but there have been serious discussions about merging Hulu with Disney+.

In 2021, Disney+ will launch in Eastern Europe, South Korea, Hong Kong and too many other countries to count.

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2020 04:04 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Disney just announced that Disney Plus will debut:<br>- 10 Marvel series<br>- 10 Star Wars series<br>- 15 Disney &amp; Pixar series<br>- 15 Disney &amp; Pixar features<a href="https://t.co/SzUaZKg3aE">https://t.co/SzUaZKg3aE</a> <a href="https://t.co/ceG79UjKZ8">pic.twitter.com/ceG79UjKZ8</a></p>&mdash; Variety (@Variety) <a href="https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1337154570418409474?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaFace 12-10-2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15386989)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Disney just announced that Disney Plus will debut:<br>- 10 Marvel series<br>- 10 Star Wars series<br>- 15 Disney &amp; Pixar series<br>- 15 Disney &amp; Pixar features<a href="https://t.co/SzUaZKg3aE">https://t.co/SzUaZKg3aE</a> <a href="https://t.co/ceG79UjKZ8">pic.twitter.com/ceG79UjKZ8</a></p>&mdash; Variety (@Variety) <a href="https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1337154570418409474?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Man. I hope they can manage it well. While I love all of these franchises, it seems like we may find out what "too much of a good thing" means.

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15386994)
Man. I hope they can manage it well. While I love all of these franchises, it seems like we may find out what "too much of a good thing" means.

Yeah, there's no doubt that it's a lot of content and I'm more concerned about Star Wars than Marvel because Feige has batted 1000 on all 23 MCU films.

007 12-10-2020 05:53 PM

MCU Meta Discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15386994)

If they plan to charge$30 per release, I don't see this working out. If I'm paying that much, I'm finding an open theater.

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2020 06:42 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;We are an unusual couple.&quot; Marvel Studios&#39; <a href="https://twitter.com/wandavision?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@WandaVision</a>, an Original Series, starts streaming Jan. 15 on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DisneyPlus?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#DisneyPlus</a>. <a href="https://t.co/rBIygqUGsw">pic.twitter.com/rBIygqUGsw</a></p>&mdash; Marvel Studios (@MarvelStudios) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1337195626245844994?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2020 06:44 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“The legacy of that shield is complicated.” Marvel Studios’ The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, an Original Series, starts streaming Mar. 19 on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DisneyPlus?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#DisneyPlus</a>. <a href="https://t.co/iJaquJEUGy">pic.twitter.com/iJaquJEUGy</a></p>&mdash; Marvel Studios (@MarvelStudios) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1337196313381797892?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2020 06:47 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">GLORIOUS. �� <a href="https://t.co/mBSnHjGMHb">https://t.co/mBSnHjGMHb</a></p>&mdash; Disney+ (@disneyplus) <a href="https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1337197224183283714?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2020 06:50 PM

Holy shit! Loki was DB Cooper!

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2020 06:51 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Space. Time. Reality. It&#39;s more than a linear path.&quot;<br><br>WHAT IF…?, an Original Series from Marvel Studios, is coming Summer 2021 to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DisneyPlus?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#DisneyPlus</a>. <a href="https://t.co/fIVGyL9ZH8">pic.twitter.com/fIVGyL9ZH8</a></p>&mdash; Marvel Entertainment (@Marvel) <a href="https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1337197992391049216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2020 06:53 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">⚡️⚡️⚡️������ <a href="https://t.co/kWaHGKL8Ih">https://t.co/kWaHGKL8Ih</a></p>&mdash; Disney+ (@disneyplus) <a href="https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1337198669683048448?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2020 06:55 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Original Avenger Jeremy Renner returns to star as Hawkeye, teaming up with well-known archer from Marvel comics, Kate Bishop played by the amazing Hailee Steinfeld. <a href="https://t.co/vqxlEdHQWs">pic.twitter.com/vqxlEdHQWs</a></p>&mdash; Marvel Studios (@MarvelStudios) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1337199193786605568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Deberg_1990 12-10-2020 06:55 PM

That’s awesome. They all 3 look very interesting

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2020 06:56 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Additional cast include Vera Farmiga, Fra Free and newcomer Alaqua Cox as Maya Lopez with episodes directed by Rhys Thomas and directing duo Bert and Bertie.<br><br>Hawkeye, an Original Series, is coming to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DisneyPlus?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#DisneyPlus</a> ��</p>&mdash; Marvel Studios (@MarvelStudios) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1337199196252868608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>