ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bob Sutton Fired (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320806)

DJ's left nut 01-22-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 14064418)
Nelson hasn't shut the **** up all season long. I'll be glad when he's gone.

I wanted to come around on him, I truly did. My disdain for his selection is fairly well known but he'd developed a physical edge that I came to appreciate and hoped he could be a credible CB2 for us.

But he was ALWAYS mouthing and his fire was usually directed at...well anyone really. It was always someone else that needed some shit and never him.

And over the last half of the season he played like wang. I mean he got absolutely abused on that TD to Dorsett. He truly looked like he'd never seen an out and up before. I mean FFS man...what the hell are you doing there?

Yeah, I'm out on Nelson. And I understand that may mean overexposing Fuller out wide but so be it. If we're lucky we end up with a solid CB prospect in the draft who can work inside early and maybe get the game reps he needs to move outside late and put Fuller in a spot where he simply plays better, but one way or the other, a guy like Nelson just doesn't need to be here.

I understand that some guys need a chip on their shoulder to compete but that chip can't create a toxin in you. Oh...and you can't get your ass torched by a practice squad caliber player who's only in the league because he ran fast in gym shorts once.

Why Not? 01-22-2019 02:54 PM

THANK GOD!!!!

ghak99 01-22-2019 02:58 PM

Good riddance.

Now go get someone who can actually form a plan, react during a drive, and motivate players to rip someone's head off and shit down their neck.

TribalElder 01-22-2019 02:59 PM

Rejoice! If only this would have happened last year

wheeler08 01-22-2019 03:02 PM

I just hope we gut the entire defensive staff and let a young fresh guy from Seattle, Dallas, or Baltimore come in completely fresh. I swear to god if it’s Britt..... Don’t promote from within, its all AIDS pool
Not excited about REX either.

BigRedChief 01-22-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14064359)
Clarks not telling Andy anything. Andy makes all football decisions. Even Andy knew it was time for Bob to be replaced.

no way a coach of Reid’s stature allow owners or GM’s to dictate assistant coaching decisions. This was Andy’s decision.

Titty Meat 01-22-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14064477)
I just hope we gut the entire defensive staff and let a young fresh guy from Seattle, Dallas, or Baltimore come in completely fresh. I swear to god if it’s Britt..... Don’t promote from within, its all AIDS pool

Chris Hewitt

BigRedChief 01-22-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14064477)

so we hire Sutton back since your not excited about Rex?

Hammock Parties 01-22-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14064451)
I wanted to come around on him, I truly did. My disdain for his selection is fairly well known but he'd developed a physical edge that I came to appreciate and hoped he could be a credible CB2 for us.

But he was ALWAYS mouthing and his fire was usually directed at...well anyone really. It was always someone else that needed some shit and never him.

And over the last half of the season he played like wang. I mean he got absolutely abused on that TD to Dorsett. He truly looked like he'd never seen an out and up before. I mean FFS man...what the hell are you doing there?

Yeah, I'm out on Nelson. And I understand that may mean overexposing Fuller out wide but so be it. If we're lucky we end up with a solid CB prospect in the draft who can work inside early and maybe get the game reps he needs to move outside late and put Fuller in a spot where he simply plays better, but one way or the other, a guy like Nelson just doesn't need to be here.

I understand that some guys need a chip on their shoulder to compete but that chip can't create a toxin in you. Oh...and you can't get your ass torched by a practice squad caliber player who's only in the league because he ran fast in gym shorts once.

Nelson is a nickel corner.

He was always out of position/overmatched.

Titty Meat 01-22-2019 03:17 PM

Rex Ryans system requires studs to work like Suttons. I'm sure Reid can hire any up and coming defensive coach he wants given his track record with getting guys head coaching jobs.

CoMoChief 01-22-2019 03:17 PM

Steve Nelson's post on twitter is telling...lol

O.city 01-22-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14064451)

I know how we can find a pretty good outside corner.

It won't be cheap and he likes to talk a lot.

The Franchise 01-22-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14064557)
Steve Nelson's post on twitter is telling...lol

Yeah....it's telling how much of a ****ing moron Nelson really is.

DJ's left nut 01-22-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14064555)
Nelson is a nickel corner.

He was always out of position/overmatched.

He was overmatched in the slot in 2017 when he played primarily NCB as well.

Bottom line is that the guy just isn't very good and maybe a couple days after he gave up a critical touchdown ISN'T the time for him to be running his mouth.

displacedinMN 01-22-2019 03:23 PM

Can we go back and play to AFCCC

htismaqe 01-22-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14064354)
The Chiefs thought he’d retire, Bob had other ideas.

That means they slightly misjudged the situation, but his general story was correct.

Yep.

OnTheWarpath15 01-22-2019 03:31 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxikSWOVAAAgYZk.jpg:large

dannybcaitlyn 01-22-2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OlineDline (Post 14064110)
So who gets fired next?

Hopefully Andy Heck

King_Chief_Fan 01-22-2019 03:46 PM

Good to hear

Addition by subtraction

Bwana 01-22-2019 03:56 PM

YES!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/786c...itemid=9208886

booger 01-22-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 14064671)
Hopefully Andy Heck

Juan Castillo his OL coach and is well respected in that role despite the him trying to be a DC disaster he can really coach the OL

Hecks Asst OL coach Eugene Chung the first few years in kc who followed Pederson to Philadelphia didn’t have his contract renewed so he’s available

-King- 01-22-2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14064063)
I can't help but feel badly for Sutton.

As horrible as our defense was all year, Dee Ford cost him a shot at winning the Super Bowl. Life can be harsh and cruel.

Now, let's release Ragland. I promise I won't feel bad about that.

FAX

If Dee Ford lines up on sides...he's praised for holding the Patriots to 24 points.

Life comes at you fast

Gravedigger 01-22-2019 04:17 PM

The fact that Stephen Nelson posted this shortly after the news came down should tell you something...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/MUXQQZBGSq">pic.twitter.com/MUXQQZBGSq</a></p>&mdash; Steve Nelson (@Nelson_Island) <a href="https://twitter.com/Nelson_Island/status/1087804460594876418?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 22, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DJ's left nut 01-22-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14064776)
The fact that Stephen Nelson posted this shortly after the news came down should tell you something...

That Steven Nelson lacks any capacity for introspection?

:shrug:

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-22-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

As horrible as our defense was all year, Dee Ford cost him a shot at winning the Super Bowl. Life can be harsh and cruel.

FAX

Mr. FAX, let's release a LOT of people. :D

petegz28 01-22-2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

FAX

True, Ford cost us. But there were also plenty of other opportunities to get a stop and they didn't....

dirk digler 01-22-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14064237)
@NFL_DougFarrar: If I'm Clark Hunt, I'm unloading all of my wallets for Kris Richard.

DO IT CLARK

BleedingRed 01-22-2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 14064857)
DO IT CLARK

Why he runs a 4-3..............

saphojunkie 01-22-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14064862)

Which some of us have been advocating for a long while.

ChiefsLV 01-22-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14064164)
He was. Don’t be a dipshit and dispute what Andy did to Mahomes this year retaining butt-buddy Bobby

Don't be an asshat and pretend like nobody was saying Reid would never fire a coach because he's too loyal and that's why he's turrible.

dirk digler 01-22-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

That is what we need to run and we have the personnel or most of it to do it. Not like it matters much anyway since most teams don't use their base package much.

DJ's left nut 01-22-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Because we have some very real problems with how we disguise/mix up our coverage looks.

That problem is that we....don't. Ever.

I still laugh at the "Bob's complicated scheme" narrative because there was absolutely nothing complicated about it and it took Tony Romo barking out what we were doing before every play before folks went "hey, wait a minute...."

Sutton's schemes lacked any sort of wrinkle to them. And yet somehow that bumble**** Scandrick still didn't know where to stand but I digress.

If we can get someone in here who does with our coverages what Reid is able to do with route combinations, etc... we would be goddamn unbeatable. Now defense isn't as open to tinkering so that's not going to work quite as well, but even a little bit of advancement there could be huge.

Besides, I think Houston will be excellent with his hand on the ground and frankly the only way to extract any value at all from Speaks or K-pass is to put them in-line as well.

A 4-3 transition should absolutely be considered and frankly I would prefer it. Then again, I don't know that Richard is likely to be married to ANY sort of alignment on his front; he's a coverage guru first who is likely to simply fit his fronts to his talent.

Jimmya 01-22-2019 04:40 PM

I'm with the guy that will blitz the crap out of an offense. Lebeau is free.... Bring him with some young guy he can mentor

digger 01-22-2019 04:40 PM

YES...

The Franchise 01-22-2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14064885)

A 4-3 transition should absolutely be considered and frankly I would prefer it. Then again, I don't know that Richard is likely to be married to ANY sort of alignment on his front; he's a coverage guru first who is likely to simply fit his fronts to his talent.

Its so crazy....it might actually ****ing work.

BleedingRed 01-22-2019 04:45 PM

I just don't think we have the DT's for a 4-3, and we sure as shit do not have the Lber's for a 4-3..........

4-3 Line Backers have to be hella fast, not to mention this would mean Ford is gone because he is not a DE.

The Franchise 01-22-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14064907)
I just don't think we have the DT's for a 4-3, and we sure as shit do not have the Lber's for a 4-3..........

4-3 Line Backers have to be hella fast, not to mention this would mean Ford is gone because he is not a DE.

The **** are you talking about?

You put a combo of KPass and Speaks on one side and Houston on the other side with Jones and Nnadi in the middle.

Hitchens and DOD can play LB in a 4-3 scheme.

Sassy Squatch 01-22-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14064907)

Oh noes.

Jimmya 01-22-2019 04:47 PM

There's no question that he is the greatest coach of all time," Polamalu said of LeBeau back in 2013, "and there's no question to me that he is the epitome of what a Hall of Famer should be.

petegz28 01-22-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Because we have some very real problems with how we disguise/mix up our coverage looks.

I still laugh at the "Bob's complicated scheme" narrative because there was absolutely nothing complicated about it and it took Tony Romo barking out what we were doing before every play before folks went "hey, wait a minute...."

Sutton's schemes lacked any sort of wrinkle to them. And yet somehow that bumble**** Scandrick still didn't know where to stand but I digress.

If we can get someone in here who does with our coverages what Reid is able to do with route combinations, etc... we would be goddamn unbeatable. Now defense isn't as open to tinkering so that's not going to work quite as well, but even a little bit of advancement there could be huge.

Besides, I think Houston will be excellent with his hand on the ground and frankly the only way to extract any value at all from Speaks or K-pass is to put them in-line as well.

It's so complicated he can't make adjustments because it would complicate it....

Perineum Ripper 01-22-2019 04:52 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/cafb...c469/tenor.gif

Best22 01-22-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

I have heard of certain coaches having complex schemes that are also easy for the quarterback to decipher. Complicated responsibilities for the players but smart quarterbacks can figure it out.

Sometimes teams defenses appear simple on TV but then after the DC gets fired we learn the scheme was too “complex.”

Not always like this and I don’t have any concrete examples right now but I’ve seen heard this before

BleedingRed 01-22-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 14064915)
The **** are you talking about?

You put a combo of KPass and Speaks on one side and Houston on the other side with Jones and Nnadi in the middle.

Hitchens and DOD can play LB in a 4-3 scheme.

Ok,

lets just assume we did exactly what you said.

KPass and Speaks, ok... Maybe DE is their natural position, but neither of them have speed. Houston moving from standing up to hand in the dirt MIGHT work.

Jones great! Nnadi not sure of, but let assume you can fix this by signing David Irving (sketchy at best)

Now you are going to put Hitchens and DoD in space, which one exactly is going to attack the LoS?

Making moves like this isn't just so simple.........

petegz28 01-22-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 14064936)
I have heard of certain coaches having complex schemes that are also easy for the quarterback to decipher. Complicated responsibilities for the players but smart quarterbacks can figure it out.

Sometimes teams defenses appear simple on TV but then after the DC gets fired we learn the scheme was too “complex.”

Not always like this and I don’t have any concrete examples right now but I’ve seen heard this before

Sometimes you just gotta line up and beat the guy in front of you.

Personally my problem with Sutton's defense is he always tried to prevent everything on every play.

DJ's left nut 01-22-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 14064936)

I will reiterate that folks spent 4 years calling out Bob's schemes as too vanilla until the moment Parker said it was complicated and Petro started preaching it like the gospel.

That narrative NEVER existed until Ron Parker showed up and tried to defend his existence on the team when he knew his athleticism damn sure wouldn't do it for him.

I mean c'mon - did you see anything in that game that was hard to decipher? Read safety, kill play, rinse/repeat. It was fish in a barrel and it didn't take Tom Brady to prove it. Sutton may be rigid and he may be antiquated or too relaxed. There are a dozen reasons or more to criticize the job performance of Bob Sutton but 'complicated scheme' just ain't one of them from anything I ever saw from this squad.

The Franchise 01-22-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14064942)
Ok,

KPass and Speaks, ok... Maybe DE is their natural position, but neither of them have speed. Houston moving from standing up to hand in the dirt MIGHT work.

Jones great! Nnadi not sure of, but let assume you can fix this by signing David Irving (sketchy at best)

Now you are going to put Hitchens and DoD in space, which one exactly is going to attack the LoS?

Hitchens seemed to play just fine in a 4-3. And don't feed me some bullshit about he played clean up. Go back and watch games and you'll see him attacking the LOS. Sutton misused him all season long.

Perineum Ripper 01-22-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Ok,

I know little about football, so I could be extremely wrong on this. Isn't DE in a 4-3 just used to set the edges and your pass rush comes from the DT. If that is true Speaks and Kpass don't need speed. I mean I am sure they have more responsibility than just setting the edges but I thought that was the main responsibility

If I am wrong I will just go ahead and **** off.

Just Passin' By 01-22-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Sutton's defensive schemes need defensive players who can actually do their jobs. He should have come up with a scheme where the players can suck harder than a black hole and still magically stop the opponents. That might have been enough for that garbage defense to hold up. Outside of that, even Belichick wasn't getting that back 7 into good enough shape to be a Super Bowl caliber defense, even with a good offense.

K.C. needs LBs and CBs, and getting those is the job of the personnel guys, not the D.C..

BleedingRed 01-22-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 14064962)
I know little about football, so I could be extremely wrong on this. Isn't DE in a 4-3 just used to set the edges and your pass rush comes from the DT. If that is true Speaks and Kpass don't need speed. I mean I am sure they have more responsibility than just setting the edges but I thought that was the main responsibility

If I am wrong I will just go ahead and **** off.

You are wrong, but you don't have to **** off.

Sassy Squatch 01-22-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14064960)
I will reiterate that folks spent 4 years calling out Bob's schemes as too vanilla until the moment Parker said it was complicated and Petro started preaching it like the gospel.

That narrative NEVER existed until Ron Parker showed up and tried to defend his existence on the team when he knew his athleticism damn sure wouldn't do it for him.

I mean c'mon - did you see anything in that game that was hard to decipher? Read safety, kill play, rinse/repeat. It was fish in a barrel and it didn't take Tom Brady to prove it. Sutton may be rigid and he may be antiquated or too relaxed. There are a dozen reasons or more to criticize the job performance of Bob Sutton but 'complicated scheme' just ain't one of them from anything I ever saw from this squad.

Charvarious Ward also made the claim that the defense was complicated.

DJ's left nut 01-22-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Ok,

Hitchens was very good in a 4-3 and DoD is a BORN modern day Sam linebacker, IMO. And frankly, Ford can absolutely succeed as a Will given his first step quickness and development as an edge over the years.

Not all major shakeups are simple, no. This one, OTOH, is. This team is absolutely well suited to make a 4-3 transition.

At least it had better be because if Veach brought K-Pass and Speaks in here expecting them to play in a 3-4 long-term, we're in trouble. That suggests that the guy simply doesn't know what he's looking for in a defensive player. However, if he brought those 2 in (and later DoD) with an eye on a long-term shift in base fronts...well I'll give him a pass.

Perineum Ripper 01-22-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14064972)
You are wrong, but you don't have to **** off.

Ah ok, I thought I had read somewhere that DE in 4-3 had the main job of setting the edges. Guess I will go read more about it then.

The Franchise 01-22-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14064976)

I think it was more along the lines of "Bob Sutton doesn't play young players when he should".

Sassy Squatch 01-22-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 14064982)
I think it was more along the lines of "Bob Sutton doesn't play young players when he should".

“I got here late after the four preseason games,” Ward said. “I just had to catch-up with the playbook. I’ve been learning the playbook all season. The playbook is kind of difficult. That’s really why I haven’t been playing. But I know it now, so I’m out there. I’ve just got to get better, help this team win.”

RealSNR 01-22-2019 05:00 PM

A 4-3 switch might make the Hitchens contract halfway salvageable.

If we stick with the 3-4, I’m afraid he’s just going to be another guy that we have to count down the years until we can cut him and have the savings outweigh the dead money

BleedingRed 01-22-2019 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 14064981)
Ah ok, I thought I had read somewhere that DE in 4-3 had the main job of setting the edges. Guess I will go read more about it then.

On running downs you would be correct. But a DE's primary job in a 4-3 is rushing the passer.

007 01-22-2019 05:02 PM

I'm not celebrating much until we see the new hire. If it's a non attacking DC then we haven't gained anything.

BleedingRed 01-22-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14064991)
A 4-3 switch might make the Hitchens contract halfway salvageable.

If we stick with the 3-4, I’m afraid he’s just going to be another guy that we have to count down the years until we can cut him and have the savings outweigh the dead money

I think he is still salvageable in a 3-4, he just needs to be #2

DJ's left nut 01-22-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14064976)

No, he said he wasn't playing because he needed time to learn the system.

So what you're saying is that a UDFA from Middle-Tennessee State couldn't be dropped onto an NFL field on day 1 and play as a starter?

Stunner.

Ward wasn't ready to play because of COURSE he wasn't ready to play. Most 1st rounders aren't quite ready for that transition at CB, let alone UDFA's who played at FCS schools. Don't you think you're reading a little too much into how that went down? It would have been something of a miracle for the guy to contribute in the first 6-8 weeks. Hell, we should consider ourselves pretty damn fortunate he came around by the time he did - it's no easy feat for an undrafted, small college player to transition to this level.

RealSNR 01-22-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14064998)
I think he is still salvageable in a 3-4, he just needs to be #2

Like, as in DEPTH? Or as in he should be a 2 down guy?

DJ's left nut 01-22-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14064989)
“I got here late after the four preseason games,” Ward said. “I just had to catch-up with the playbook. I’ve been learning the playbook all season. The playbook is kind of difficult. That’s really why I haven’t been playing. But I know it now, so I’m out there. I’ve just got to get better, help this team win.”

Oh. That's right.

A UDFA from an FCS school who MISSED CAMP.

C'mon man, how the hell quickly do you think he's going to absorb anything? Of course he was learning the playbook all season - it's hard to get a guy like that anything more than mental reps. And any NFL coverage system is going to seem difficult when you're coming from low level college ball.

Again - if being a backup for 14 weeks with limited practice reps after he didn't even attend camp here got him to where he 'knows it now', it just ain't that complicated.

Perineum Ripper 01-22-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14064994)
On running downs you would be correct. But a DE's primary job in a 4-3 is rushing the passer.

Ah makes sense, appreciate it.

BleedingRed 01-22-2019 05:06 PM

Look I'm just saying it took the Cowboys YEARS before they had a half way decent 4-3. Years of hitting on draft prospect AFTER DRAFT PROSPECT.

- Randy Gregory
- Leighton Vander Esch
- Jaylon Smith
- Demarcus Lawrence
- Maliek Collins

The Franchise 01-22-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14065014)

Well...this is the guy who said that in Dallas....all Hitchens did was play clean up and never attacked the LOS.

The Franchise 01-22-2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14065021)
Look I'm just saying it took the Cowboys YEARS before they had a half way decent 4-3. Years of hitting on draft prospect AFTER DRAFT PROSPECT.

- Randy Gregory
- Leighton Vander Esch
- Jaylon Smith
- Demarcus Lawrence
- Maliek Collins

Maybe because their old, alcoholic GM is the one making the picks. Think that might have something to do with it?

BleedingRed 01-22-2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14065014)

No he can be good in Coverage, I dn what Sutton had him doing most of year. But he was never a attack the LoS guy in Dallas.

Sean Lee

and

Jaylon Smith

Those two manned the middle

BleedingRed 01-22-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 14065025)
Maybe because their old, alcoholic GM is the one making the picks. Think that might have something to do with it?

You do realize that their last 5-7 drafts are full of pro-bowlers and All-Pros right?

DJ's left nut 01-22-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14065021)

- Randy Gregory
- Leighton Vander Esch
- Jaylon Smith
- Demarcus Lawrence
- Maliek Collins

Look at you trying to sneak Randy Gregory in there as though that guy is worth a shit.

Randy Gregory sucks hard. Like, maybe not appreciably better than K-Pass or Speaks hard.

TwistedChief 01-22-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14064996)
I'm not celebrating much until we see the new hire. If it's a non attacking DC then we haven't gained anything.

Change is gaining something important. It’s called...hope.

If Reid hires from outside the organization, he’s actually done a real search. He’s a brilliant offensive mind. I’ll trust whom he brings in given that he has some sense of what can stop his offense in the current NFL. Much better than the CP experts at least.

This will be a fun part of the offseason.

TEX 01-22-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14065000)
No, he said he wasn't playing because he needed time to learn the system.

So what you're saying is that a UDFA from Middle-Tennessee State couldn't be dropped onto an NFL field on day 1 and play as a starter?

Stunner.

Ward wasn't ready to play because of COURSE he wasn't ready to play. Most 1st rounders aren't quite ready for that transition at CB, let alone UDFA's who played at FCS schools. Don't you think you're reading a little too much into how that went down? It would have been something of a miracle for the guy to contribute in the first 6-8 weeks. Hell, we should consider ourselves pretty damn fortunate he came around by the time he did - it's no easy feat for an undrafted, small college player to transition to this level.

Very true.

Best22 01-22-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14064960)

That’s the thing

I feel that Sutton’s defense is hard to learn, but easy for NFL quarterbacks to read. That’ll get a coach fired quick

BleedingRed 01-22-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14065032)
Look at you trying to sneak Randy Gregory in there as though that guy is worth a shit.

Randy Gregory sucks hard. Like, maybe not appreciably better than K-Pass or Speaks hard.

14 GP and 6 sacks............ I mean he hasn't seen the field much but considering the same amount of games played he has more sacks than those guys combined.

The Franchise 01-22-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14065030)
You do realize that their last 5-7 drafts are full of pro-bowlers and All-Pros right?

Full? Of defensive pro bowlers and all pros?

They took a chance on Jaylon Smith and it worked out for them. Other than that....it's been Awuzie, Lawrence and Byron Jones. And Jones wasn't that great his first year. It took Richard to turn him into something good.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-22-2019 05:16 PM

We're RUNNING a 4-3, we're GOING back to playing Chiefs Defense, and that's the END OF THE GODDAMNED DEBATE.

BleedingRed 01-22-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 14065071)

They took a chance on Jaylon Smith and it worked out for them. Other than that....it's been Awuzie, Lawrence and Byron Jones. And Jones wasn't that great his first year. It took Richard to turn him into something good.

Jones worked out because he got switched back to his natural position

mcaj22 01-22-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 14065071)

Don't listen to him he has no idea what he's talking about. He keeps overrating the Cowboys front 7 like they didn't just change to Kris Richard re-scheming the secondary to a more Seahawks single high coverage, which in return made Jones and the secondary way better. The front 7 hasn't changed. It's still Demarcus Lawrence and Tyrone Crawford doing all the heavy lifting and like you said them taking a flyer on Jaylen Smith and hitting gold.

Simply Red 01-22-2019 05:21 PM

Big Biscuit is hiring bus-boys you looser

dirk digler 01-22-2019 05:22 PM

Defensive rankings of Richard when he was the DC in Seattle

<script type="text/javascript" src="//widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=pfr&url=%2Fcoaches%2FRichKr0.htm&div=div_coaching_ranks"></script><style type="text/css">.sr_widget table { border-collapse: collapse; font-size: 1em;}.sr_widget table td { padding-right: 1em;}/* The basic stats table. */.sr_widget .stats_table { border-collapse: collapse; border: #747678 solid 1px; font-size: .875em; margin-bottom: 1em; /* assorted other things */ /* For tables inside a stats_table */}.sr_widget .stats_table th, .sr_widget .stats_table td { border-width: 1px; border-color: #aaaaaa; padding: 3px; vertical-align: inherit;}.sr_widget .stats_table th *, .sr_widget .stats_table td * { vertical-align: inherit;}.sr_widget .stats_table th { background-color: #dadcde; border-style: solid; color:black!important; opacity: initial;}.sr_widget .stats_table td { border-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap!important;}.sr_widget .stats_table td.wrap { white-space: normal;}.sr_widget .stats_table td.double_border { border-left: 4px solid #747678;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr:last-child > td, .sr_widget .stats_table th { border-bottom: #747678 solid 1px;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr:first-child > td, .sr_widget .stats_table th { border-top: #747678 solid 1px;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr { vertical-align: top;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr td:first-child, .sr_widget .stats_table tr th:first-child { border-left: #747678 solid 1px;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr td:last-child, .sr_widget .stats_table tr th:last-child { border-right: #747678 solid 1px;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr.vmiddle { vertical-align: baseline;}.sr_widget .stats_table .normal_text { font-size: 1em!important; /* 12 px */}.sr_widget .stats_table .normal_text th, .sr_widget .stats_table .normal_text td { padding: 4px!important;}.sr_widget .stats_table table td { border: 0!important; padding: 2px!important;}.sr_widget .stats_table form { margin: 0; padding: 0;}.sr_widget .stats_table select, .sr_widget .stats_table input { font-size: .8175em!important;}.sr_widget .sortable .sort_col { background-color: #ffffaa; border: solid 2px #747678;}.sr_widget .blank_table, .sr_widget .spacer { background-color: #dadcde; height: 0; padding: 0;}.sr_widget .partial_table, .sr_widget .partial_table a { color: #414345; text-decoration: none;}.sr_widget .stat_average, .sr_widget .stat_total { background-color: #dadcde; font-weight: 700;}.sr_widget .left { text-align: left; float:none!important;}.sr_widget .right { text-align: right; float:none!important; }.sr_widget .center { text-align: center; float:none!important; }</style><table class="sortable stats_table" data-cols-to-freeze="2" id="coaching_ranks"><caption>Team's Ranks Table</caption><colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><c ol><col><col><col><col></colgroup><thead><tr class="over_header"><th aria-label="" class=" over_header center" colspan="4" data-stat=""></th><th aria-label="" class=" over_header center" colspan="4" data-stat="header_rall">Overall</th><th aria-label="" class=" over_header center" colspan="3" data-stat="header_def">Defense</th><th aria-label="" class=" over_header center" colspan="5" data-stat="header_def_rush">Rushing Def</th><th aria-label="" class=" over_header center" colspan="5" data-stat="header_def_pass">Passing Def</th></tr><tr><th aria-label="Year" class=" poptip sort_default_asc left" data-stat="year_id" scope="col">Year</th><th aria-label="Tm" class=" poptip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting left" data-stat="team" scope="col">Tm</th><th aria-label="Coordinator type for this coach (OC = Offensive Coordinator, DC = Defensive Coordinator)" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-stat="coordinator_type" data-tip="Coordinator type for this coach (OC = Offensive Coordinator, DC = Defensive Coordinator)" scope="col">Role</th><th aria-label="Number of teams in the league this season" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-stat="teams_in_league" data-tip="Number of teams in the league this season" scope="col">Tms</th><th aria-label="WL%" class=" poptip center" data-over-header="Overall" data-stat="rank_win_percentage" scope="col">WL%</th><th aria-label="Team's Rank in Takeaway/Giveaway Ratio" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Overall" data-stat="rank_takeaway_giveaway" data-tip="Team's Rank in Takeaway/Giveaway Ratio" scope="col">T/G</th><th aria-label="Team's Rank in Point Differential(the lower the number, the more they outscored their opponents)" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Overall" data-stat="rank_points_diff" data-tip="Team's Rank in Point Differential
(the lower the number,
the more they outscored their opponents)" scope="col">Pts±</th><th aria-label="Team's Rank in Yardage Differential(the lower the number, the more they outgained their opponents)" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Overall" data-stat="rank_yds_diff" data-tip="Team's Rank in Yardage Differential
(the lower the number,
the more they outgained their opponents)" scope="col">Yds±</th><th aria-label="Yds" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Defense" data-stat="rank_def_yds" scope="col">Yds</th><th aria-label="Pts" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Defense" data-stat="rank_def_pts" scope="col">Pts</th><th aria-label="Rank in takeawaysPasses Interceptions + opponents Fumbles LostLower is better" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Defense" data-stat="rank_def_turnovers" data-tip="Rank in takeaways
Passes Interceptions + opponents Fumbles Lost
Lower is better" scope="col">TkA</th><th aria-label="Att" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Rushing Def" data-stat="rank_def_rush_att" scope="col">Att</th><th aria-label="Yds" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Rushing Def" data-stat="rank_def_rush_yds" scope="col">Yds</th><th aria-label="TD" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Rushing Def" data-stat="rank_def_rush_td" scope="col">TD</th><th aria-label="Y/A" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Rushing Def" data-stat="rank_def_rush_yds_per_att" scope="col">Y/A</th><th aria-label="FR" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Rushing Def" data-stat="rank_def_fumbles_rec" scope="col">FR</th><th aria-label="Att" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Passing Def" data-stat="rank_def_pass_att" scope="col">Att</th><th aria-label="Yds" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Passing Def" data-stat="rank_def_pass_yds" scope="col">Yds</th><th aria-label="TD" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Passing Def" data-stat="rank_def_pass_td" scope="col">TD</th><th aria-label="Int" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Passing Def" data-stat="rank_def_pass_int" scope="col">Int</th><th aria-label="Rank in Net Yards gained per pass attempt by opposition(Passing Yards - Sack Yards) / (Passes Attempted + Times Sacked)" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Passing Def" data-stat="rank_def_pass_net_yds_per_att" data-tip="Rank in Net Yards gained per pass attempt by opposition
(Passing Yards - Sack Yards) / (Passes Attempted + Times Sacked)" scope="col">nY/A</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><th class="left " data-stat="year_id" scope="row">2015</th><td class="left " data-stat="team">SEA</td><td class="left " data-stat="coordinator_type">DC</td><td class="right " data-stat="teams_in_league">32</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_win_percentage">8</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_takeaway_giveaway">5</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_points_diff">4</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_yds_diff">1</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_yds">2</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pts">1</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_turnovers">16</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_rush_att">2</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_rush_yds">1</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_rush_td">10</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_rush_yds_per_att">4</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_fumbles_rec">16</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_att">11</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_yds">2</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_td">1</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_int">13</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_net_yds_per_att">5</td></tr><tr><th class="left " data-stat="year_id" scope="row">2016</th><td class="left " data-stat="team">SEA</td><td class="left " data-stat="coordinator_type">DC</td><td class="right " data-stat="teams_in_league">32</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_win_percentage">8</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_takeaway_giveaway">16</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_points_diff">6</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_yds_diff">5</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_yds">5</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pts">3</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_turnovers">22</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_rush_att">25</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_rush_yds">7</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_rush_td">22</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_rush_yds_per_att">1</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_fumbles_rec">19</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_att">5</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_yds">8</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_td">3</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_int">21</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_net_yds_per_att">15</td></tr><tr><th class="left " data-stat="year_id" scope="row">2017</th><td class="left " data-stat="team">SEA</td><td class="left " data-stat="coordinator_type">DC</td><td class="right " data-stat="teams_in_league">32</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_win_percentage">11</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_takeaway_giveaway">8</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_points_diff">13</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_yds_diff">13</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_yds">11</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pts">13</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_turnovers">9</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_rush_att">23</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_rush_yds">19</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_rush_td">22</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_rush_yds_per_att">14</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_fumbles_rec">7</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_att">17</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_yds">6</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_td">7</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_int">13</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_net_yds_per_att">6</td></tr></tbody></table>
Data courtesy Pro-Football-Reference.com.

<style type="text/css">.sr_widget table { border-collapse: collapse; font-size: 1em;}.sr_widget table td { padding-right: 1em;}/* The basic stats table. */.sr_widget .stats_table { border-collapse: collapse; border: #747678 solid 1px; font-size: .875em; margin-bottom: 1em; /* assorted other things */ /* For tables inside a stats_table */}.sr_widget .stats_table th, .sr_widget .stats_table td { border-width: 1px; border-color: #aaaaaa; padding: 3px; vertical-align: inherit;}.sr_widget .stats_table th *, .sr_widget .stats_table td * { vertical-align: inherit;}.sr_widget .stats_table th { background-color: #dadcde; border-style: solid; color:black!important; opacity: initial;}.sr_widget .stats_table td { border-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap!important;}.sr_widget .stats_table td.wrap { white-space: normal;}.sr_widget .stats_table td.double_border { border-left: 4px solid #747678;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr:last-child > td, .sr_widget .stats_table th { border-bottom: #747678 solid 1px;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr:first-child > td, .sr_widget .stats_table th { border-top: #747678 solid 1px;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr { vertical-align: top;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr td:first-child, .sr_widget .stats_table tr th:first-child { border-left: #747678 solid 1px;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr td:last-child, .sr_widget .stats_table tr th:last-child { border-right: #747678 solid 1px;}.sr_widget .stats_table tr.vmiddle { vertical-align: baseline;}.sr_widget .stats_table .normal_text { font-size: 1em!important; /* 12 px */}.sr_widget .stats_table .normal_text th, .sr_widget .stats_table .normal_text td { padding: 4px!important;}.sr_widget .stats_table table td { border: 0!important; padding: 2px!important;}.sr_widget .stats_table form { margin: 0; padding: 0;}.sr_widget .stats_table select, .sr_widget .stats_table input { font-size: .8175em!important;}.sr_widget .sortable .sort_col { background-color: #ffffaa; border: solid 2px #747678;}.sr_widget .blank_table, .sr_widget .spacer { background-color: #dadcde; height: 0; padding: 0;}.sr_widget .partial_table, .sr_widget .partial_table a { color: #414345; text-decoration: none;}.sr_widget .stat_average, .sr_widget .stat_total { background-color: #dadcde; font-weight: 700;}.sr_widget .left { text-align: left; float:none!important;}.sr_widget .right { text-align: right; float:none!important; }.sr_widget .center { text-align: center; float:none!important; }</style><table class="sortable stats_table" data-cols-to-freeze="2" id="coaching_ranks"><caption>
</caption><thead><tr class="over_header"><th aria-label="" class=" over_header center" colspan="4" data-stat="">
</th><th aria-label="" class=" over_header center" colspan="4" data-stat="header_rall">
</th><th aria-label="" class=" over_header center" colspan="3" data-stat="header_def">
</th><th aria-label="" class=" over_header center" colspan="5" data-stat="header_def_rush">
</th><th aria-label="" class=" over_header center" colspan="5" data-stat="header_def_pass">
</th></tr><tr><th aria-label="Year" class=" poptip sort_default_asc left" data-stat="year_id" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Tm" class=" poptip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting left" data-stat="team" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Coordinator type for this coach (OC = Offensive Coordinator, DC = Defensive Coordinator)" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-stat="coordinator_type" data-tip="Coordinator type for this coach (OC = Offensive Coordinator, DC = Defensive Coordinator)" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Number of teams in the league this season" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-stat="teams_in_league" data-tip="Number of teams in the league this season" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="WL%" class=" poptip center" data-over-header="Overall" data-stat="rank_win_percentage" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Team's Rank in Takeaway/Giveaway Ratio" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Overall" data-stat="rank_takeaway_giveaway" data-tip="Team's Rank in Takeaway/Giveaway Ratio" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Team's Rank in Point Differential(the lower the number, the more they outscored their opponents)" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Overall" data-stat="rank_points_diff" data-tip="Team's Rank in Point Differential
(the lower the number,
the more they outscored their opponents)" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Team's Rank in Yardage Differential(the lower the number, the more they outgained their opponents)" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Overall" data-stat="rank_yds_diff" data-tip="Team's Rank in Yardage Differential
(the lower the number,
the more they outgained their opponents)" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Yds" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Defense" data-stat="rank_def_yds" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Pts" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Defense" data-stat="rank_def_pts" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Rank in takeawaysPasses Interceptions + opponents Fumbles LostLower is better" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Defense" data-stat="rank_def_turnovers" data-tip="Rank in takeaways
Lower is better" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Att" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Rushing Def" data-stat="rank_def_rush_att" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Yds" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Rushing Def" data-stat="rank_def_rush_yds" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="TD" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Rushing Def" data-stat="rank_def_rush_td" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Y/A" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Rushing Def" data-stat="rank_def_rush_yds_per_att" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="FR" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Rushing Def" data-stat="rank_def_fumbles_rec" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Att" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Passing Def" data-stat="rank_def_pass_att" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Yds" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Passing Def" data-stat="rank_def_pass_yds" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="TD" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Passing Def" data-stat="rank_def_pass_td" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Int" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Passing Def" data-stat="rank_def_pass_int" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Rank in Net Yards gained per pass attempt by opposition(Passing Yards - Sack Yards) / (Passes Attempted + Times Sacked)" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Passing Def" data-stat="rank_def_pass_net_yds_per_att" data-tip="Rank in Net Yards gained per pass attempt by opposition
(Passing Yards - Sack Yards) / (Passes Attempted + Times Sacked)" scope="col">
</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><th class="left " data-stat="year_id" scope="row">
</th><td class="left " data-stat="team">
</td><td class="left " data-stat="coordinator_type">
</td><td class="right " data-stat="teams_in_league">
</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_win_percentage">
</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_takeaway_giveaway">
</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_points_diff">
</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_yds_diff">
</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_yds">
</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pts">
</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_turnovers">
</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_rush_att">
</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_rush_yds">
</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_rush_td">
</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_rush_yds_per_att">
</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_fumbles_rec">
</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_att">
</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_yds">
</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_td">
</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_int">
</td><td class="right " data-stat="rank_def_pass_net_yds_per_att">
</td></tr><tr><th class="left " data-stat="year_id" scope="row">
</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="sortable stats_table" data-cols-to-freeze="2" id="coaching_ranks"><caption>
</caption><thead><tr class="over_header"><th aria-label="" class=" over_header center" colspan="4" data-stat="">
</th><th aria-label="" class=" over_header center" colspan="4" data-stat="header_rall">
</th><th aria-label="" class=" over_header center" colspan="3" data-stat="header_def">
</th><th aria-label="" class=" over_header center" colspan="5" data-stat="header_def_rush">
</th><th aria-label="" class=" over_header center" colspan="5" data-stat="header_def_pass">
</th></tr><tr><th aria-label="Year" class=" poptip sort_default_asc left" data-stat="year_id" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Tm" class=" poptip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting left" data-stat="team" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Coordinator type for this coach (OC = Offensive Coordinator, DC = Defensive Coordinator)" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-stat="coordinator_type" data-tip="Coordinator type for this coach (OC = Offensive Coordinator, DC = Defensive Coordinator)" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Number of teams in the league this season" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-stat="teams_in_league" data-tip="Number of teams in the league this season" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="WL%" class=" poptip center" data-over-header="Overall" data-stat="rank_win_percentage" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Team's Rank in Takeaway/Giveaway Ratio" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Overall" data-stat="rank_takeaway_giveaway" data-tip="Team's Rank in Takeaway/Giveaway Ratio" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Team's Rank in Point Differential(the lower the number, the more they outscored their opponents)" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Overall" data-stat="rank_points_diff" data-tip="Team's Rank in Point Differential
(the lower the number,
the more they outscored their opponents)" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Team's Rank in Yardage Differential(the lower the number, the more they outgained their opponents)" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Overall" data-stat="rank_yds_diff" data-tip="Team's Rank in Yardage Differential
(the lower the number,
the more they outgained their opponents)" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Yds" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Defense" data-stat="rank_def_yds" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Pts" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Defense" data-stat="rank_def_pts" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Rank in takeawaysPasses Interceptions + opponents Fumbles LostLower is better" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Defense" data-stat="rank_def_turnovers" data-tip="Rank in takeaways
Lower is better" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Att" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Rushing Def" data-stat="rank_def_rush_att" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Yds" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Rushing Def" data-stat="rank_def_rush_yds" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="TD" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Rushing Def" data-stat="rank_def_rush_td" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Y/A" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Rushing Def" data-stat="rank_def_rush_yds_per_att" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="FR" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Rushing Def" data-stat="rank_def_fumbles_rec" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Att" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Passing Def" data-stat="rank_def_pass_att" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Yds" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Passing Def" data-stat="rank_def_pass_yds" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="TD" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Passing Def" data-stat="rank_def_pass_td" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Int" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Passing Def" data-stat="rank_def_pass_int" scope="col">
</th><th aria-label="Rank in Net Yards gained per pass attempt by opposition(Passing Yards - Sack Yards) / (Passes Attempted + Times Sacked)" class=" poptip sort_default_asc center" data-over-header="Passing Def" data-stat="rank_def_pass_net_yds_per_att" data-tip="Rank in Net Yards gained per pass attempt by opposition
(Passing Yards - Sack Yards) / (Passes Attempted + Times Sacked)" scope="col">
</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><th class="left " data-stat="year_id" scope="row">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Scooter LaCanforno 01-22-2019 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14064994)

When I played 4-3 DE my first job was to contain the play. No sweeps, runs or QB roll outs around the end. Always force the play inside where LB's and backs can make the play. Sacks happened when the DT's did their job and pushed back the pocket..

ChiefsFanatic 01-22-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14064201)
As long as they go outside the organization, I'm fine with whomever we get. I'm willing to trust that Reid isn't ****ing around and will really go and bring in the guy he thinks is best.

Reid once hired Juan Castillo as his Defensive Coordinator. Juan Castillo, who joined the Eagles as an offensive assistant, then was promoted to Tight Ends coach, then promoted to Offensive Line coach, and THEN promoted to Defensive Coordinator because he played linebacker and coached defense at a high school.

And then Reid kept Sutton this year, and repeatedly praised Sutton after the games, for making "great" adjustments at half time.

So, I am hoping that Veatch and even Clark Hunt will have input on who becomes the next DC.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk