ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL MVP... Brees or Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319001)

In58men 11-22-2018 09:31 PM

Did this ninja say Goff over Brees?

Homie must have used Everclear to baste his ****ing turkey.

kccrow 11-22-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13910367)
Ok this is insane.
Posted via Mobile Device

Really?

Goff has 3,547 yards, 26 TD, 6 INT and a 67.7 Comp % and his team is 10-1.

Brees has the Comp % going for him and less turnovers but he's a ways behind Goff and Mahomes in yards and Goff is right there with him in TDs.

Best22 11-22-2018 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13910362)
Hard to say there's anyone that deserves it over Mahomes at this point, but if there were it wouldn't be Brees. I think Goff is more deserving than Brees right now.

No. Mahomes has far more touchdowns and yards than Goff. 39TD to 27TD. Turnovers are about equal.

Goff isn’t in the running until he ups his touchdown numbers

You just can’t ignore Mahomes’ 37 TD, 10 INT, 67.5% completion, 3,628 yards, and 2 rushing TD

kccrow 11-22-2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13910376)
No. Mahomes has far more touchdowns and yards than Goff. 39TD to 27TD. Turnovers are about equal.

Goff isn’t in the running until he ups his touchdown numbers

It's me thinking Goff deserves to be more in the running than Brees. I don't think either are close enough to Mahomes, I stated that. You gotta read man. Read.

RealSNR 11-22-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13910371)

houstonwhodat is that you?

TrebMaxx 11-22-2018 09:42 PM

This season so far I think the MVP is

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/cH5rhQBj/MVPFlag.jpg[/IMG]

cooper barrett 11-22-2018 09:45 PM

I'll give it to Brees unless Mahomes tears it out of his paws in a SB victory. Mahomes still deserves a nod at the award but Brees will be playing and winning a SB this year....Mahomes???

Quote:

Brees, Saints hand Rams first loss of the season, 45-35

kccrow 11-22-2018 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13909022)
Aaron Donald should be in the mix... I mean 14.5 sacks as a DT is unreal...

He won't. John Randle did what Donald is doing for a decade straight and he never got it.

ChiefsFanatic 11-22-2018 09:48 PM

What I hate is that every talking head that supports Brees as MVP talks about how he has never won an MVP and they use that fact as one of the deciding factors in believing he should be the MVP.

It's not a damn lifetime achievement award, and a player missing out in past seasons should have absolutely zero impact on who wins it this year.

And this may sound controversial, and I don't mean it to be, but I personally feel like if one of the young white quarterbacks was having the same statistical season that Mahomes is having, people would not be advocating so much for Brees.

I know that other black QBs have won MVP, but if Mayfield or Wentz had Mahomes' stat line and their teams were 9-2, I think the narrative would change. Right now the narrative is that wow, Mahomes is having an amazing, record breaking season, but it's just too bad for him because Drew Brees is playing great again and he since he has never been named MVP in the past, he will finally get the MVP he has deserved for so long.

But if it was Mayfield or Wentz the narrative would be that wow, Brees is playing unbelievable football, it's just unfortunate that he would be having a career season at the same time that Mayfield (or Carson) is making a push to set the passing TD record in his first season as a starting QB.

This season I would take a Super Bowl win, or even just a Super Bowl appearance, over Mahomes being named MVP in a heartbeat. But I also hate the idea of the MVP award being decided based on what a player has done in prior seasons.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

ThaVirus 11-22-2018 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 13910393)
What I hate is that every talking head that supports Brees as MVP talks about how he has never won an MVP and they use that fact as one of the deciding factors in believing he should be the MVP.

It's not a damn lifetime achievement award, and a player missing out in past seasons should have absolutely zero impact on who wins it this year.

And this may sound controversial, and I don't mean it to be, but I personally feel like if one of the young white quarterbacks was having the same statistical season that Mahomes is having, people would not be advocating so much for Brees.

I know that other black QBs have won MVP, but if Mayfield or Wentz had Mahomes' stat line and their teams were 9-2, I think the narrative would change. Right now the narrative is that wow, Mahomes is having an amazing, record breaking season, but it's just too bad for him because Drew Brees is playing great again and he since he has never been named MVP in the past, he will finally get the MVP he has deserved for so long.

But if it was Mayfield or Wentz the narrative would be that wow, Brees is playing unbelievable football, it's just unfortunate that he would be having a career season at the same time that Mayfield (or Carson) is making a push to set the passing TD record in his first season as a starting QB.

This season I would take a Super Bowl win, or even just a Super Bowl appearance, over Mahomes being named MVP in a heartbeat. But I also hate the idea of the MVP award being decided based on what a player has done in prior seasons.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Meh. I know race plays a large role in the way people perceive things, but I'm not getting that kind of vibe with the Mahomes vs Brees debate.

Hammock Parties 11-22-2018 10:11 PM

This is the fourth time the Saints have won a game this year with Brees throwing for less than 250 yards.

Must be nice to lean on that defense and running game when you have that "not-so-valuable" feeling.

Imon Yourside 11-22-2018 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13910415)
This is the fourth time the Saints have won a game this year with Brees throwing for less than 250 yards.

Must be nice to lean on that defense and running game when you have that "not-so-valuable" feeling.

What about all those 7-9 years he was overlooked as the MVP of the league tho?!?!?!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamel...580/drew-brees

loved his game against the Giants 18-32 for 217 yards and zero td/int

ThaVirus 11-22-2018 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13910418)
What about all those 7-9 years he was overlooked as the MVP of the league tho?!?!?!

Others were just more deserving.

Boo hoo.

Best22 11-22-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13910418)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamel...580/drew-brees

loved his game against the Giants 18-32 for 217 yards and zero td/int

#1 criteria for winning MVP: Make the playoffs.

If you don’t qualify, you are no MVP

Imon Yourside 11-22-2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13910429)
#1 criteria for winning MVP: Make the playoffs.

If you don’t qualify, you are no MVP

7-9 4 out of the last 6 years is quite a feat though, comparable to whom throughout history?

cooper barrett 11-22-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13910415)

Great QB's don't have to make the passing game the only game. Would you knock Mahomes for the same stats in a game,

Go squeeze your Ketchup bottle...ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Imon Yourside 11-22-2018 10:33 PM

Brees lit the Vikings up earlier this year 18-23 for 120 yards 1 td/1 int.

Best22 11-22-2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13910432)
Great QB's don't have to make the passing game the only game. Would you knock Mahomes for the same stats in a game,

Go squeeze your Ketchup bottle...ROFLROFLROFLROFL

I’d love it if Mahomes could throw for 170 yards and the Chiefs could still win by 14.

But that’s not possible. Mahomes has to put up big numbers every game otherwise KC loses

Chiefshrink 11-22-2018 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13910391)
He won't. John Randle did what Donald is doing for a decade straight and he never got it.

Yep.:thumb: Throw in Randy White as well.

BandwagonChiefsFan 11-22-2018 11:07 PM

Skip Bayless is obsessed with Mahomes

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/...79730245345280
https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/...17219035140096
https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/...32630023729154
https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/...22128657506304
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcQLknbsEvk

cooper barrett 11-22-2018 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13910442)
I’d love it if Mahomes could throw for 170 yards and the Chiefs could still win by 14.

But that’s not possible. Mahomes has to put up big numbers every game otherwise KC loses

How does that make him (Mahomes) better (go ahead... flame me)

Best22 11-22-2018 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13910449)
How does that make him (Mahomes) better (go ahead... flame me)

Brees is better than Mahomes, always was

But Mahomes deserves MVP over Brees because he puts up better numbers. Mahomes is required to do more.

RealSNR 11-22-2018 11:12 PM

Lol. Like two weeks ago Bayless was crowing that Tom Brady should be the MVP of the league.

His only goal is to stir shit. I don't even think the man knows what the **** he even believes anymore.

Best22 11-22-2018 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13910452)
Lol. Like two weeks ago Bayless was crowing that Tom Brady should be the MVP of the league.

His only goal is to stir shit. I don't even think the man knows what the **** he even believes anymore.

Our quarterback has 1000 more yards and 20 more touchdowns than Brady

Let that sink in for a moment ROFL

cooper barrett 11-22-2018 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13910452)

I listen to his brother ****Skip

bradael 11-22-2018 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 13910393)

That's the talking point only because he's 39 years old, and not that he doesn't deserve it this year.

Simple fact is that if the season ends right now, the Saints finished with a better record and Brees had a better year. This would be the exact same situation we saw play out in 2011 with Aaron Rodgers finishing with the best passer rating in NFL history while Brees also had a historically great season including more TDs, a better completion %, and way more passing yards than Rodgers. But his team was 13-3 vs Rodgers's 15-1, and Rodgers had a better passer rating.

Brees won offensive player of the year, while Mahomes would likely win it this year with Brees winning MVP.

That being said, people need to stop moving goalposts on this award. Brees should have won in 2009. #1 seed, more TDs, better completion %, fewer INTs, and much better passer rating than Peyton, but Peyton still won it because people thought the Saints were going to be one and done in the playoffs.

If Brees wins, his critics will say he only won because it's a lifetime achievement award, which is complete BS. Mahomes is having an all time great season, but Brees is having the most efficient season ever for a QB to this point. Plus his team has the best record.

dlphg9 11-22-2018 11:30 PM

The stats everyone keeps spouting off as reasons why he should win are pretty pointless. Id much rather have the QB with more TDs and yards over the QB with the high completion rate and lack of interceptions. Mahomes has nearly 500 more yards than Brees and Brees has completed more passes than Mahomes and is still not even close in yards or TDs. So how is that more valuable?

dlphg9 11-22-2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradael (Post 13910462)
That's the talking point only because he's 39 years old, and not that he doesn't deserve it this year.

Simple fact is that if the season ends right now, the Saints finished with a better record and Brees had a better year. This would be the exact same situation we saw play out in 2011 with Aaron Rodgers finishing with the best passer rating in NFL history while Brees also had a historically great season including more TDs, a better completion %, and way more passing yards than Rodgers. But his team was 13-3 vs Rodgers's 15-1, and Rodgers had a better passer rating.

Brees won offensive player of the year, while Mahomes would likely win it this year with Brees winning MVP.

That being said, people need to stop moving goalposts on this award. Brees should have won in 2009. #1 seed, more TDs, better completion %, fewer INTs, and much better passer rating than Peyton, but Peyton still won it because people thought the Saints were going to be one and done in the playoffs.

If Brees wins, his critics will say he only won because it's a lifetime achievement award, which is complete BS. Mahomes is having an all time great season, but Brees is having the most efficient season ever for a QB to this point. Plus his team has the best record.

Peyton won in 2009 cuz he had more yards, 1 less td and he had 7 game winning drives. He definitely deserved it over Brees.

2011 I could see going either way. Brees had only 1 more td pass, but 8 more INTs. Brees had alot more yards, but he also threw the ball 155 more times than Rodgers. Honestly I could see it going either way.

007 11-22-2018 11:42 PM

Thing driving me nuts is people bringing up the turnovers on MNF this week. Because an entire season of work will come down to the one game that had multiple turnovers yet you only lost by 3 points while scoring 44 on offense.

He couldn't do anything about the strip sack fumbles because that should really fall on the line for getting him crushed. One INT was hit in the air on release.

Imon Yourside 11-22-2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13910470)
Thing driving me nuts is people bringing up the turnovers on MNF this week. Because an entire season of work will come down to the one game that had multiple turnovers yet you only lost by 3 points while scoring 44 on offense.

He couldn't do anything about the strip sack fumbles because that should really fall on the line for getting him crushed. One INT was hit in the air on release.

The 2 strip/sacks were both tip your cap to Donald, Mahomes had no chance. The last turnover was basically a hail mary with 15 secs left in the game from our own 25. The 2nd to last interception he got hit as he threw.

007 11-23-2018 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13910486)
The 2 strip/sacks were both tip your cap to Donald, Mahomes had no chance. The last turnover was basically a hail mary with 15 secs left in the game from our own 25. The 2nd to last interception he got hit as he threw.

Yeah, hail marys suck for stats. Its literally a throw away pass. But they get credit if its a TD so they have to get stuck with the INT too.

But I swear if I hear another person bring up turnovers from that game. JFC

Imon Yourside 11-23-2018 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13910493)
Yeah, hail marys suck for stats. Its literally a throw away pass. But they get credit if its a TD so they have to get stuck with the INT too.

But I swear if I hear another person bring up turnovers from that game. JFC

It's just easier for the Media to lump him into the "it's Brett Favre all over again" narrative.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-23-2018 12:28 AM

The league doesn't want to give this award to a n00b, just like it didn't want its LA investment team getting its ass kicked in prime time.

007 11-23-2018 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13910505)
The league doesn't want to give this award to a n00b, just like it didn't want its LA investment team getting its ass kicked in prime time.

I got a real kick out of ESPN posting on facebook that "The Rams ran the Chiefs out of LA" Such horseshit.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FESPN%2Fposts%2F2392754184104657%3A0&width=500" width="500" height="594" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

Imon Yourside 11-23-2018 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13910508)
I got a real kick out of ESPN posting on facebook that "The Firefighters ran the Chiefs out of LA" Such horseshit.

fyp.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-23-2018 12:49 AM

Yeah right. Let's see who wins this match up with no league agendas and honest ref work.

jaa1025 11-23-2018 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13910486)

I don't blame him from the strip sacks. I think the no look, flat footed attempt was a bad and lazy play but thats not intercepted 99 times out of 100. Just a fluky play that the ball bounces like that. The INT that his arm hit was a bad playcall and Mahomes waited too long (possibly due to pressure). He should have thrown it away or ran it at that point. The hail marry attempt he didn't get set which is why it was underthrown. He probably felt pressure after escaping the initial pressure. If he gets set he probably throws that to the endzone.

Most of his INT's have been garbage INTs that had no impact on the game due to lead or throwing a hail marry type of pass. He's also faced some really bad luck. (Lineman into that bounced off the helmet of Swartz, hit arm, Hill stopping his route on a deep pass to end the half at cleveland, 2 meaningless INT's against the Jags (one was a phenomenal defensive play). Only the NE INTs bother me and 2 from the Rams.

PAChiefsGuy 11-23-2018 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaa1025 (Post 13910522)
I don't blame him from the strip sacks. I think the no look, flat footed attempt was a bad and lazy play but thats not intercepted 99 times out of 100. Just a fluky play that the ball bounces like that. The INT that his arm hit was a bad playcall and Mahomes waited too long (possibly due to pressure). He should have thrown it away or ran it at that point. The hail marry attempt he didn't get set which is why it was underthrown. He probably felt pressure after escaping the initial pressure. If he gets set he probably throws that to the endzone.

Most of his INT's have been garbage INTs that had no impact on the game due to lead or throwing a hail marry type of pass. He's also faced some really bad luck. (Lineman into that bounced off the helmet of Swartz, hit arm, Hill stopping his route on a deep pass to end the half at cleveland, 2 meaningless INT's against the Jags (one was a phenomenal defensive play). Only the NE INTs bother me and 2 from the Rams.

I love Mahomes as much as anyone but he isn't above criticism. That INT on the screen was absolutely horrible. Doubt it happens again but that was really bad.

The strip sacks, overall not his fault but he could protect the ball a little better when scrambling.

What's good is he is young and he will learn and continue to get better which is scary for the rest of the NFL.

Baby Lee 11-23-2018 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13910371)

Mods? Virulent racism?

jaa1025 11-23-2018 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13910539)
I love Mahomes as much as anyone but he isn't above criticism. That INT on the screen was absolutely horrible. Doubt it happens again but that was really bad.

The strip sacks, overall not his fault but he could protect the ball a little better when scrambling.

What's good is he is young and he will learn and continue to get better which is scary for the rest of the NFL.

It wasn't a screen it was an RPO. Harris was open and in Mahomes words-he babied it instead of firing it in there like he had all game. The ball was batted, hung up and may have bounced a few times off of Swartz. I'm not excusing it at all but it's not an int 99 times out of a 100. It took some great bounces and a great individual play to intercept that ball.

He protected the ball fine. He had the ball up to begin his throwing motion and then pulled it back down...both happened in the pocket.

KChiefs1 11-23-2018 11:57 AM

PFF on the MVP race.

https://youtu.be/KlZrOYRYosg

38yrsfan 11-23-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13908021)
So, I think the race comes down to these two guys and could honestly support either winning it all. Take away either player and that team is going to suck. One has vastly better stats, one has fewer losses on the season (team stat).

67.5% Completion / 117.9 QBR / 3,628 yards / 37 TD / 10 INT (186 rushing yards / 2 TDs)
76.9% Completion / 126.9 QBR / 2,964 yards / 25 TD / 1 INT (28 rushing yards / 3 TDs)

Both have their teams at the top of their conferences. One is at the end of the road, the other just getting started. Brees has never earned an MVP and is breaking career records left and right.

Are you fine either way... do you feel that Mahomes without question is the MVP over Brees? Maybe this is the ultimate test of "does the leauge really hate KC"?

Your issue is 'race' so be accurate - Mahomes is not 'black'. His mother was Caucasian (that means white to you Donk posters). Children of different racial parentage have a mixed racial genetic profile. It's not that complex at all.

ARROW2 11-23-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 38yrsfan (Post 13911073)
Your issue is 'race' so be accurate - Mahomes is not 'black'. His mother was Caucasian (that means white to you Donk posters). Children of different racial parentage have a mixed racial genetic profile. It's not that complex at all.

So Obama wasn't black either, right?ROFLROFL. History will always call him the first black US President

ARROW2 11-23-2018 05:16 PM

Despite his Caucasian mother.

ARROW2 11-23-2018 05:17 PM

Tiger Woods tried to call himself a caublanasian. NOPE. didn't work....lol

ARROW2 11-23-2018 05:18 PM

Did you consider rod Woodson to be white?

ARROW2 11-23-2018 05:19 PM

My point is, there are "some" that won't give him his due because of being black. I don't care, just win the ****ing SB.

ARROW2 11-23-2018 05:21 PM

There will be some blacks that will hate on him because he doesn't talk hood enough or had both parents or is fair skinned, etc. I just wanna win, IDGAF if it was a ****ing Martian throwing darts.

38yrsfan 11-23-2018 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 13911099)
So Obama wasn't black either, right?ROFLROFL. History will always call him the first black US President

Revel in your media educational delinquincy all you want. You are wrong. Your deductions are still wrong and woeful stupid.

Rofls not needed to show your ignorance.

ARROW2 11-23-2018 05:23 PM

Where am I wrong? Is he not called a "black" president?

ARROW2 11-23-2018 05:24 PM

Delinquincy? Learn to spell before talking shit. Lol

38yrsfan 11-23-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 13911107)
My point is, there are "some" that won't give him his due because of being black. I don't care, just win the ****ing SB.

No, just be entertaining. SB would be great but this is the NFL and it it is entertainment. Real life still goes on, babies born and people passing.

F those that embrace the 'race' life restriction.

Apologies for the IMHO.

cooper barrett 11-23-2018 09:38 PM

38ysfan

Don't you understand the Warren rule...

dlphg9 11-24-2018 12:07 AM

It'll be a god damn crime after Mahomes throws for 50 TDs, 5000 yards, and ~70% completion rate and doesn't win MVP, because Brees completes a ton of swing passes and the voters feel sorry for him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2018 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13911434)
It'll be a god damn crime after Mahomes throws for 50 TDs, 5000 yards, and ~70% completion rate and doesn't win MVP, because Brees completes a ton of swing passes and the voters feel sorry for him.

Of course it is and would be. It's unfortunate that Brees popped-off this year, pure dumb luck. And the LA project on top of that.

We're just going to have to face facts that as far as this season goes, the NFL ain't giving up that pussy to the other small market Midwest team with the killer QB. You don't even have to put forth much of an effort reading the tea leaves to see it. Sucks.

We're not going to get ours until the old guard either retires, or we ****ing obliterate them.

Mile High Mania 11-24-2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

Never let it be said that a race issue can never be injected into any discussion.

CasselGotPeedOn 11-24-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

You mouth breather, when he said race, he meant MVP race you dumb ****.

cooper barrett 11-24-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 13911772)
You mouth breather, when he said race, he meant MVP race you dumb ****.

https://i.imgur.com/Z5S4C8B.png

Hammock Parties 11-24-2018 11:02 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Drew Brees has thrown more than 30 passes in five times this season and only once since Week 4.<br>45<br>35<br>49<br>32<br>29<br>30<br>23<br>36<br>25<br>30<br>22<br><br>Drew &#39;Game Manager&#39; Brees imo.</p>&mdash; Cian (@Cianaf) <a href="https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/1066483198006300672?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 25, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-24-2018 11:17 PM

Saints Defense is playing well and moving up in the stats. Brees threw for 171 yards yesterday and won. He's not as valuable to the team as Mahomes who has the worst defense in history and even scored 40 and 51 in losses.

Mahomes for MVP.

dlphg9 11-24-2018 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13912303)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Drew Brees has thrown more than 30 passes in five times this season and only once since Week 4.<br>45<br>35<br>49<br>32<br>29<br>30<br>23<br>36<br>25<br>30<br>22<br><br>Drew &#39;Game Manager&#39; Brees imo.</p>&mdash; Cian (@Cianaf) <a href="https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/1066483198006300672?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 25, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Everyone is all in his ass because he's doing what Alex Smith is famous for, high completion % and lack of ints. Big ****ing deal.

Chief Northman 11-25-2018 01:02 AM

Brees for MVP.

Makes for a better Superbowl matchup. The highly accomplished, record - breaking veteran tries to add a Superbowl to his MVP season against the future face of elite quarterback play in the NFL, Patrick Mahomes.

cooper barrett 11-25-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13912379)
Brees for MVP.

Makes for a better Superbowl matchup. The highly accomplished, record - breaking veteran tries to add a Superbowl to his MVP season against the future face of elite quarterback play in the NFL, Patrick Mahomes.

I like that noise.

Can you get the list of SB officials so we can fund their children's college funds before the game?

synthesis2 11-25-2018 10:37 AM

Meh, I don't think it really matters if he wins MVP or not, I think 90% plus of players in the NFL would say they would fear Mahomes much more than Brees today.

If Drew wins the award it would be more of a lifetime achievement plus he has had a great year but in the end we have the best player.

Heck maybe it knocks a few hundred k off his contract when it comes time to pay him. I could care less if he wins or comes in 5th, we have the best player and I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the league, period.

Randallflagg 11-25-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13908023)
Well, I'm biased...but I say Mahomes is Offensive Player of the Year and Brees gets the MVP out of tenure alone...

But honestly, I could give a **** less about indiviual honors; I want that SB.

:thumb:

RealSNR 11-25-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13911787)

You're a really ****ing awful poster. I don't know if anybody has ever told you that, but it's true.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-25-2018 01:03 PM

NFL is weeping; can not put NO and LAR in the same Super Bowl.

SAUTO 11-25-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13912726)
You're a really ****ing awful poster. I don't know if anybody has ever told you that, but it's true.

Very true

BigCatDaddy 11-29-2018 08:56 PM

Well that's an interesting turn of events.

dlphg9 11-29-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

So ****ing true

eDave 11-29-2018 09:08 PM

Quote:

Most of us don't see his posts anymore. Thanks for quoting him though, dick.

Mecca 11-29-2018 09:27 PM

Simms and Lefkoe are having a field day with how the media is pushing to give this to Brees and it won't go away when he doesn't deserve it.

InChiefsHeaven 11-29-2018 09:32 PM

Look, I like Drew Brees, but if he never got MVP, I'd say it's because he never was at any point in time during his career, the MVP of the league. Sorry Drew.

wheeler08 11-29-2018 10:07 PM

#NotMyMVP -Brees

Gravedigger 11-29-2018 10:09 PM

Yeah after tonight I don’t want to hear that Patrick Mahomes isn’t the MVP. Nobody touches him this year and if anyone has a shot it’s Jared Goff.

carcosa 11-29-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13920663)
Yeah after tonight I don’t want to hear that Patrick Mahomes isn’t the MVP. Nobody touches him this year and if anyone has a shot it’s Jared Goff.

YES

RunKC 11-29-2018 10:18 PM

When Mahomes fills the stat sheet again this weekend, the tide is going to shift to him quickly.

It’s gonna be great seeing all the talking heads flip

Best22 11-29-2018 10:18 PM

ROFL

Brees choked

“Great QB never throw game losing interceptions!”

Choke on those narratives!!

-King- 11-29-2018 10:18 PM

Needed a game like that to put Mahomes back ahead in MVP talks
Posted via Mobile Device

dlphg9 11-29-2018 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13920731)
When Mahomes fills the stat sheet again this weekend, the tide is going to shift to him quickly.

It’s gonna be great seeing all the talking heads flip

They will start talking up Andrew Luck. Guaranteed