ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is the NFL and its refs out to "get us"? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318980)

dlphg9 11-20-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13906599)
The teams had different rules for the game, it's not hard to understand. The NFL is the parent and the teams are the children, the children have different rules.

I just can't believe the amount of denial on this board. The evidence is right in front of them. Hell go back to the Patriots game, the Patriots committed only 1 penalty? They were called for 1 penalty in a sport that I'm told

BlackOp 11-20-2018 12:23 PM

Also...why is ref winking at Goff? if you break down what a wink gesture actually signifies...it's pretty strange.

When you wink at someone...what are you communicating? It usually represents an unspoken siding with someone...about something you dont want verbalized.

Refs shouldn't be "winking" at any player during a game...it implies favoritism.

Eleazar 11-20-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13906637)
Or, Peters was trying to help Mahomes by getting a Rams player off of Mahomes and then told him he was helping him and going to get him up - which is what Mahomes said. Why don't you trust Mahomes? Why are you calling him a liar?

Obviously, Mahomes is in on the massive conthpirathy to keep the Chiefs down :tinfoil:

ChiTown 11-20-2018 12:32 PM

MUH LEAGUE IS AGIN ME!

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/13...f?v=1522242950

Mecca 11-20-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13906650)
Obviously, Mahomes is in on the massive conthpirathy to keep the Chiefs down :tinfoil:

I don't think Mahomes has much desire to talk shit, he's above doing that. But Marcus Peters history generally would suggest he wasn't being nice.

Fish 11-20-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13906633)
They are shared to a degree, you don't think LA being an important player isn't more profitable to the whole league than say Jacksonville being good is? If you tell me it's not then yea you aren't wise.

That's the whole reason for NFL profit sharing, dummy. The NFL intentionally shares the profits because some teams are more profitable. It's not a secret.
Guess what, the Cowboys are the most profitable team in the NFL by a huge margin. They've been shit for a decade. Also in the top 10 of team profits... The Giants, Redskins, 49ers. Yeah.... you can really see how much the NFL is propping up the most profitable teams.

Rain Man 11-20-2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13906567)
I respect your posts, but this is as dumb a statement as has ever been made on CP by someone who isn't a complete ****tard.

I mean, the sports culture may not LOOK like yours, but that's because there is about 1000000x more money to be made off opening an upscale bar with $15 cocktails versus a Johnny's Tavern with Miller Lite on tap and chicken wings. Also, people's understanding of what LA is usually is decided by the 3-4 predominantly upscale neighborhoods they visit on business or vacation.

I call it like I see it. I was in Long Beach a few weeks ago and had trouble finding a sports bar - any sports bar. I had to drive to Seal Beach or somewhere, and the first one I found had no food menu and half a dozen sad-looking people in it who were clearly only there for the alcohol, so I had to leave and find another one (which in fairness was a good one). I go to Orange County regularly, and have found precisely one sports bar there so far that's what I would call legit. I ran a race in Escondido a few years ago and drove all over trying to find a sports bar afterwards. I ran a race north of downtown Los Angeles last year and could only find a pathetic one in that area. Here in Denver, I've got 10 that are within a 15 minute drive.

Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe there's a different term for them that I don't know. But all I know is that it's hard for me to find a place to watch games when I'm there, and I'm not just hanging out in one area.

And I also observe that three NFL franchises have pulled out of the area over the years. That seems notable.

Fish 11-20-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13906633)
They are shared to a degree, you don't think LA being an important player isn't more profitable to the whole league than say Jacksonville being good is? If you tell me it's not then yea you aren't wise.

Ohh, and just an FYI.... the LA Rams were actually the 6th least profitable NFL team last year. Which is actually 7 slots lower than JAX. So this is just ****ing dumb on your part.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...teams-in-2010/

wazu 11-20-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13906707)
Ohh, and just an FYI.... the LA Rams were actually the 6th least profitable NFL team last year. Which is actually 7 slots lower than JAX. So this is just ****ing dumb on your part.

You just stated the problem the league wants to solve.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-20-2018 12:44 PM

No, they just want games slanted a certain way. We got a TON of calls at home against Frisco and Denver...

wazu 11-20-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13906700)
I call it like I see it. I was in Long Beach a few weeks ago and had trouble finding a sports bar - any sports bar. I had to drive to Seal Beach or somewhere, and the first one I found had no food menu and half a dozen sad-looking people in it who were clearly only there for the alcohol, so I had to leave and find another one (which in fairness was a good one). I go to Orange County regularly, and have found precisely one sports bar there so far that's what I would call legit. I ran a race in Escondido a few years ago and drove all over trying to find a sports bar afterwards. I ran a race north of downtown Los Angeles last year and could only find a pathetic one in that area. Here in Denver, I've got 10 that are within a 15 minute drive.

Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe there's a different term for them that I don't know. But all I know is that it's hard for me to find a place to watch games when I'm there, and I'm not just hanging out in one area.

And I also observe that three NFL franchises have pulled out of the area over the years. That seems notable.

kyzirsoze lives in L.A. and goes to a Chiefs bar that looks amazing. Packed house, people doing the chop, the works. Might be farther north than you want but worth checking out if you can.

dlphg9 11-20-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13906637)
Or, Peters was trying to help Mahomes by getting a Rams player off of Mahomes and then told him he was helping him and going to get him up - which is what Mahomes said. Why don't you trust Mahomes? Why are you calling him a liar?

Well.whatd you expect him to say? Obviously you've never heard a Mahomes press conference before, he keeps it professional and isn't the type who is going to be confrontational.

Even if that's what happened (it's not), the Chiefs players who were trying to pull Peters up didn't seem to think he was helping Mahomes out. Those 2 players are big dudes and you could tell Peters was trying to stay on top of Mahomes because they were having a hard time pulling him off. He's a little guy, they should have easily been able to pick him off.

So it looked to be malicious, those 2 Chiefs players seemed to think it was malicious, but that official standing right there watching the whole thing decides that it's fine?

Mecca 11-20-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 13906714)

Bingo, in no way shape or form should LA ever be that low in the NFL's eyes that is a top 2 market.

And for the other comment yea, KC got a bunch of calls in the SF game, had I been a SF fan I'd have been like yea... here we go.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-20-2018 12:50 PM

Games are definitely steered a certain way. It's too obvious.

Fish 11-20-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 13906714)

:facepalm:JFC... Again... with NFL profit sharing, it doesn't matter. Which is why the most profitable teams currently have the shittiest record. If the NFL wanted to fix games to increase profit, they would fix games of the most profitable teams. But in fact it's the exact opposite. It doesn't support your dumb theory any way you spin it.

BlackOp 11-20-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 13906453)

1. Contrary to popular belief and to what he NFL wants you to think, there have been fixed games in league history. On page 308 of Dan Moldea's book "Interference" he lists over 70 NFL games that have been fixed and includes the names of the 2 referees involved in fixing those games. He also lists interviews with NFL HOF players most notably KC Chiefs QB Len Dawson. He, in detail with documented facts supported by FBI documents, has interviews with NFL players and known gambling associates to uncover massive game fixing in the league. He also notes, with evidence, throughout the book that no fewer than 26 NFL team owners have or have had continuous and developing relationships with the gambling world, most notably the Rooney, Bidwill, and Mara families all getting their starts as Bookmakers for established mid-west crime families and buying their NFL franchises with moneys earned from gambling. So that in and of itself is a hypocrisy number 1 on the NFL's "lilly white" reputation.

This is why the Steelers get the treatment they do...and KC misses 3 FGs in the playoffs.

dlphg9 11-20-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13906707)

It would seem like if they could generate interest in football in LA that the profits would go up for everyone. What's the point of moving into one of the biggest markets possible if it barely makes any money? They aren't going to be happy if they have that big ass market with tons of potential money, but only get more money than 5 or 6 other teams. They want interest in the LA teams. If those teams are losers thaen no one will give a shit, but if they have a high powered team that's putting up 50+ points in a shoot out, profits will go up.

Mecca 11-20-2018 12:58 PM

Dude that is not true at all, you don't think if LA is an elite level team there is way more money to be made than if I dunno Green Bay is good?

The NFL is probably having a spoogefest this year considering both LA teams, Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago and Dallas are in the playoff races...

Pasta Little Brioni 11-20-2018 01:00 PM

...and Houston

Fish 11-20-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13906760)
Dude that is not true at all, you don't think if LA is an elite level team there is way more money to be made than if I dunno Green Bay is good?

The NFL is probably having a spoogefest this year considering both LA teams, Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago and Dallas are in the playoff races...

LAR is the 26th most profitable team.
LAR is 19th in attendance.
LAR received lower TV ratings last year in LA than they did in St. Louis, while having the second best record in the NFC.

So again, your argument just doesn't work...

Rain Man 11-20-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 13906729)
kyzirsoze lives in L.A. and goes to a Chiefs bar that looks amazing. Packed house, people doing the chop, the works. Might be farther north than you want but worth checking out if you can.

I'll check with him if I'm in the area. There have to be some good ones, and maybe I've just had bad luck. I'm usually in Orange County and I've found one there that's convenient (I'm not getting on the freeways if I can avoid it), but I'm just surprised that I can't find more. And the one that I've found is not large by any means.

Mecca 11-20-2018 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13906774)
LAR is the 26th most profitable team.
LAR is 19th in attendance.
LAR received lower TV ratings last year in LA than they did in St. Louis, while having the second best record in the NFC.

So again, your argument is shit.

You are being so obtuse about this........

They want the LAR to be in the top 5 in every single one of those categories because it's LA and they are building a 5 billion dollar stadium...

So the Rams are being pushed to the mother****ing moon because there is money to be made there that is sitting on the table. The same as about 20 years ago there was all this money to be made in Boston yet they were a bottom feeder....

If you don't understand the point I am making to the point that you are going to throw up numbers that support the exact reason they are propping up that team to draw in dollars, then stop arguing with me because you're either dumb or being intentional about it.

Fish 11-20-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13906781)
You are being so obtuse about this........

They want the LAR to be in the top 5 in every single one of those categories because it's LA and they are building a 5 billion dollar stadium...

So the Rams are being pushed to the mother****ing moon because there is money to be made there that is sitting on the table. The same as about 20 years ago there was all this money to be made in Boston yet they were a bottom feeder....

If you don't understand the point I am making to the point that you are going to throw up numbers that support the exact reason they are propping up that team to draw in dollars, then stop arguing with me because you're either dumb or being intentional about it.

Again, your theory is tragically flawed. The NFL has no reason to prop up specific teams for profit when there is a complex profit sharing system in place. There's dozens of other teams that disprove that. Not to mention that a specific team's win/loss record doesn't directly equate to profit. The numbers clearly disprove what you're alluding to.

DrunkBassGuitar 11-20-2018 01:18 PM

I'm willing to buy the NFL isn't tipping the scales argument if the argument is gross incompetence on the part of the NFL, and their whole officiating organization

Mecca 11-20-2018 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13906803)
Again, your theory is tragically flawed. The NFL has no reason to prop up specific teams for profit when there is a complex profit sharing system in place. There's dozens of other teams that disprove that. Not to mention that a specific team's win/loss record doesn't directly equate to profit. The numbers clearly disprove what you're alluding to.

So you really think if everything is pushing at it's peak the KC market can make as much money for the NFL as KC can...if you think that you aren't smart.

There is more money and eyeballs in LA than here or really anywhere but NY. LA being in the top 5 of those categories is more profitable for the entire ****ing league.

Hard concept to understand I guess.

BlackOp 11-20-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13906803)

Are you really trying to sell the point that the NFL has no reason to prop up two new LA teams...when they have a 4 billion dollar complex being built in a 20 miilion person city that is notorious for being uninterested in NFL football?

Yeah, no motivation to assure this experiment succeeds...none at all.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-20-2018 01:25 PM

Fish "didn't see" he stadium deal

Fish 11-20-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13906808)
So you really think if everything is pushing at it's peak the KC market can make as much money for the NFL as KC can...if you think that you aren't smart.

It's irrelevant. With profit sharing it doesn't really matter. And the NFL certainly isn't going to risk running a huge conspiracy when they don't have to. They're rolling in profit. Fixing games isn't necessary. Profit sharing ensures that the get the same profit regardless of which team does better. That's the entire point of profit sharing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13906808)
There is more money and eyeballs in LA than here or really anywhere but NY. LA being in the top 5 of those categories is more profitable for the entire ****ing league.

Hard concept to understand I guess.

I just showed you the numbers proving that to be incorrect. Comparing just the Chiefs and Rams, the Chiefs had higher NFL profits last year, better attendance numbers, and better TV ratings.

Mecca 11-20-2018 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13906823)
It's irrelevant. With profit sharing it doesn't really matter. And the NFL certainly isn't going to risk running a huge conspiracy when they don't have to. They're rolling in profit. Fixing games isn't necessary. Profit sharing ensures that the get the same profit regardless of which team does better. That's the entire point of profit sharing!

I just showed you the numbers proving that to be incorrect. Comparing just the Chiefs and Rams, the Chiefs had higher NFL profits last year, better attendance numbers, and better TV ratings.

You're showing me numbers of where they sit when they have an uninterested fan base...hence why they'd like them to be interested.

gold_and_red 11-20-2018 01:30 PM

How come the NFL allowed Jacksonville to almost get to the SB? To prop up their move to London?

Fish 11-20-2018 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13906813)
Are you really trying to sell the point that the NFL has no reason to prop up two new LA teams...when they have a 4 billion dollar complex being built in a 20 miilion person city that is notorious for being uninterested in NFL football?

Yeah, no motivation to assure this experiment succeeds...none at all.

The NFL isn't the one investing money in the new stadium, dummy. Plus, the stadium isn't going to be used strictly for NFL games. The NFL profits regardless of where they play.

staylor26 11-20-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 13906838)
How come the NFL allowed Jacksonville to almost get to the SB? To prop up their move to London?

Apparently you missed the ref literally celebrating with the Pats after a score in the AFC championship game.

Nzoner 11-20-2018 01:37 PM

Speaking of having an agenda does anyone find it odd whatsoever that both Carolina and Jacksonville broke the record their first season for wins by an expansion team and then both teams made the play-offs in their second season.

Just curious if that's odd whatsoever or just another NFL coincidence.

Nzoner 11-20-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13906620)
what “evidence” do you have?

These are unpaid or low paid referees. If they were told by the NFL to throw a game or favor one team over another, you don’t think it would have leaked by now. Any ump would have a multi-million $ payday to expose the NFL rigging games. And the NFL would be over as a sport.

Damn dude really? Listen I appreciate the fact that some don't want to believe the NFL has any corruption but there are instances in this very thread that it's a possibility,(Otter's post,my video) do a little research.

If it doesn't sway you fine but at least take a look at what could be credible evidence.

HemiEd 11-20-2018 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13905967)
I think we had 10 penalties before the lambs got one

I don't know if they are out to get us but a false start is a false start that should negate a touchdown.

Their RT false started more than he didn't.

LOS ANGELES

RunKC 11-20-2018 01:53 PM

Why would the NFL not want the Chiefs to be in the Super Bowl? Mahomes is a money making machine. He is literally must watch TV.

Putting Brady in the SB again will be boring. I can see the Steelers maybe because they have such a strong fanbase and some exciting players.

Do you really think that if the NFL is rigged, they wouldn’t want a historical game like last night as their finale?

I don’t think people realize how much ****ing money Mahomes made these goddamn owners last night.

Mile High Mania 11-20-2018 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13906889)
Why would the NFL not want the Chiefs to be in the Super Bowl? Mahomes is a money making machine. He is literally must watch TV.

Putting Brady in the SB again will be boring. I can see the Steelers maybe because they have such a strong fanbase and some exciting players.

Do you really think that if the NFL is rigged, they wouldn’t want a historical game like last night as their finale?

I don’t think people realize how much ****ing money Mahomes made these goddamn owners last night.

This... want to win back fans and create better ratings? Last night's game is the way to go. All this whining about refs and conspiracy theories is crazy. I think it's a product of a decade plus of agony, quite honestly. Things are changing in KC and you now have the 'elite QB'. If you read the comments around here, no team is more consistently screwed by the NFL than KC... and KC never gets good calls. It's just not true. Bad calls are pretty evenly distibuted.

Nzoner 11-20-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13906889)

The Chiefs now have a "golden boy" and I think a Super Bowl is definitely in his future.Last night was a regular season game and a feel good win for LA victims.

Hell whose to say KC only has these two losses by 3 points each and then gets revenge,if you will,in the postseason on both the Pats and Rams.

HemiEd 11-20-2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13906091)
Neither does biased officiating. I don’t think it was about us.

It was about LA, home game, the fires, the shooting etc.

It’s just too coincidental for me to believe otherwise.

:clap: when you include the much desired LA market, it was just too much of a Hollywood script. Very, very entertaining game though.

Mile High Mania 11-20-2018 02:01 PM

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/media...efs/index.html

11.3 overnight rating for ESPN. That's the best overnight rating for "Monday Night Football" since 2014.

Monday night's ratings were up more than 57% from last year's week 11 match-up, which was between the Atlanta Falcons and the Seattle Seahawks.

Fish 11-20-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13906894)
This... want to win back fans and create better ratings? Last night's game is the way to go. All this whining about refs and conspiracy theories is crazy. I think it's a product of a decade plus of agony, quite honestly. Things are changing in KC and you now have the 'elite QB'. If you read the comments around here, no team is more consistently screwed by the NFL than KC... and KC never gets good calls. It's just not true. Bad calls are pretty evenly distibuted.

It's battered fan syndrome. KC is the new cinderella. We have the most exciting QB in the league, who just put up 6 TDs in a crazy MNF game. Mahomes is the most discussed athlete in sports right now. We're 9-2, and pretty much a lock for the playoffs, but by reading some threads around here you'd never be able to tell...

Eleazar 11-20-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13906894)

The officiating in general is medicore and inconsistent around the league. I think fans of any team will say that. But the whackjobs around here that think the NFL is conspiring every week to keep the poor Chiefs down... when we have an MVP type player and a circus offense that puts on shows like we saw last night and drives ratings... makes no sense, it's really nuts. It's embarrassing for the fan base and makes us look like a bunch of low football IQ yokels.

Mile High Mania 11-20-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13906907)
It's battered fan syndrome. KC is the new cinderella. We have the most exciting QB in the league, who just put up 6 TDs in a crazy MNF game. Mahomes is the most discussed athlete in sports right now. We're 9-2, and pretty much a lock for the playoffs, but by reading some threads around here you'd never be able to tell...

KC is pretty much a lock for the #1 seed in the AFC and HFA...

HemiEd 11-20-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13906136)
If you don't see the obvious bias the league has for its darling big market coastal teams, you're either blind or reeruned. The End.

This game kind of reminded me of the Chiefs having to play the Giants at their place, for the first game after the 9/11 attacks.

But this game was very entertaining, that one wasn't.

Eleazar 11-20-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13906919)
This game kind of reminded me of the Chiefs having to play the Giants at their place, for the first game after the 9/11 attacks.

Except that game was at Arrowhead.

HemiEd 11-20-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13906237)
I watched the game, but not as intensely close as many of you, I'm sure. So, were there any calls that went in the favor of KC that should have either not been called or called differently?

I really just have a hard time believing that all the 'bad calls / non calls' were in LA's favor. Refs certainly have issues in every game, every week... but, if you just read the comments here on a weekly basis, there are 31 teams in the league that get favorable calls.

The Broncos pulled one out at the end Sunday against a LOS ANGELES team in spite of the horrendous calls at the end that would have given the game to LOS ANGELES. The bogus offensive pass interference and the 2 point conversion.

This game was full of those.

Hammock Parties 11-20-2018 02:15 PM

The Rams right tackle was allowed to false start 13 times last night with no penalty.

There is definitely a conspiracy.

We will need Mahomes to be 10% better to defeat it.

DrunkBassGuitar 11-20-2018 02:18 PM

A conspiracy at least implies that the NFL's officiating crew has a clue what they're doing.

If this was the best of the best the NFL has to offer, with no bias and no attempt to tip the scales, then holy shit the NFL should be ashamed and embarrassed.

Mile High Mania 11-20-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13906929)
The Broncos pulled one out at the end Sunday against a LOS ANGELES team in spite of the horrendous calls at the end that would have given the game to LOS ANGELES. The bogus offensive pass interference and the 2 point conversion.

This game was full of those.

There were calls on both sides that were bad... they should have challenged the 2pt call, likely would have won it. Thankfully, Rivers did his thing at the end and had a mental meltdown when it mattered most. That final play by him still confuses the hell out of me, it was so quick and such a decisive throw to the ground behind the lineman as if it was designed.

Hmm... maybe. (wait a minute)

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTcf1g...NK2A/giphy.gif

Did the league just decide to prop Denver up for some unknown reason and there was a message delivered to Rivers to throw the game intentionally?

https://media.tenor.com/images/ba889...d0a0/tenor.gif

Frazod 11-20-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13906943)
There were calls on both sides that were bad... they should have challenged the 2pt call, likely would have won it. Thankfully, Rivers did his thing at the end and had a mental meltdown when it mattered most. That final play by him still confuses the hell out of me, it was so quick and such a decisive throw to the ground behind the lineman as if it was designed.

Did the league just decide to prop Denver up for some unknown reason and there was a message delivered to Rivers to throw the game intentionally?

You sound just like the asshole Bronco fan in my office.

Of course nothing is ever rigged when you root for one of the most despicable cheating organizations in all of sports.

Rain Man 11-20-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13906237)
I watched the game, but not as intensely close as many of you, I'm sure. So, were there any calls that went in the favor of KC that should have either not been called or called differently?

I really just have a hard time believing that all the 'bad calls / non calls' were in LA's favor. Refs certainly have issues in every game, every week... but, if you just read the comments here on a weekly basis, there are 31 teams in the league that get favorable calls.

After the first quarter, the refs backed off and called the game pretty evenly. We're just a little upset that there were (if I remember right) 11 penalties called against the Chiefs in the first quarter that directly produced 13 points for Los Angeles. I think nine of those were accepted. That just seems a little over the top, particularly when there were some obvious penalties by the Rams that were not called.

Fish 11-20-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13906943)

The NFL expended so much effort on rigging up the Rams game that they forgot all about the other LA team they're supposed to be helping out...

displacedinMN 11-20-2018 02:34 PM

Maybe refs today just suck.

Hammock Parties 11-20-2018 02:39 PM

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...ce&oe=5C7A1099

HemiEd 11-20-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13906529)
That's it, they don't care about the Chiefs. The Chiefs are perfectly fine as long as they aren't playing a darling which is why we have all these heartbreaking loses.

I don't think they are out to get the Chiefs, I think they are out to push certain teams and the Chiefs are not and have never been one of those teams. Numerous other teams get jobbed in those games also, Jacksonville got jobbed yesterday, the Broncos overcame a job attempt.

The NFL doesn't even care if you know it because everyone keeps watching and there will always be people that defend refs or tell you you are a loser for bringing it up...this thread for example.

:clap:

suzzer99 11-20-2018 02:40 PM

I don't know man. It sure bugged me that a) bring in "all-star" refs, b) literally every single big call went against us for the first half - many of them ticky tack. The second half seemed a lot more equitable to me.

If there was some riggage it would seem to be to the effect of "The only thing we don't want is a Chiefs blowout." So once they got us playing from behind they backed off the ticky-tack penalties on every play.

Again, I really hope this isn't true. But man. The NFL knows they have first and foremost an entertainment product, they know LA fans are fickle and they DESPERATELY want to keep them engaged.

Didn't Tim Donaghy come out and say that refs Stern brought in for the Lakers/Kings game six were explicitly called in to rig the game? The refs called a foul on the Kings on almost every play, and almost everyone, even sober pundits, thinks that game was legitimately rigged. Donaghy said they didn't even have to communicate the riggage - as they refs knew what the league wanted when they brought them in for just that game. So the "all star" refs are really just "Goodell's boys" and they know they'll continue to be rewarded if they play ball (as the NBA guys were "Stern's boys" in Donaghy's terms).

Here's the story:

Quote:

"Referees A, F and G were officiating a playoff series between Teams 5 and 6 in May of 2002. It was the sixth game of a seven-game series, and a Team 5 victory that night would have ended the series. However, Tim learned from Referee A that Referees A and F wanted to extend the series to seven games. Tim knew referees A and F to be 'company men,' always acting in the interest of the NBA, and that night, it was in the NBA's interest to add another game to the series. Referees A and F heavily favored Team 6. Personal fouls [resulting in obviously injured players] were ignored even when they occurred in full view of the referees. Conversely, the referees called made-up fouls on Team 5 in order to give additional free throw opportunities for Team 6. Their foul-calling also led to the ejection of two Team 5 players. The referees' favoring of Team 6 led to that team's victory that night, and Team 6 came back from behind to win that series."

Although no teams are specifically named, it is not hard to deduce the game in question. The Lakers-Kings series was the only one that postseason that went seven games, and the officiating in Game 6 was so questionable that consumer advocate and former presidential candidate Ralph Nader called for a formal investigation.

The Lakers attempted 40 free throws to the Kings' 25 in that game, and Los Angeles made 21 of 27 from the line while Sacramento converted 7 of 9 in the fourth quarter alone.

In addition, a foul was called against Mike Bibby of the Kings after he was shoved and elbowed by Kobe Bryant, denying the Kings an opportunity to try for a tying basket. Also in that game, Kings centers Vlade Divac and Scot Pollard fouled out, and Kings coach Rick Adelman was highly critical of the officiating afterward.

"My first thought [upon hearing Donaghy's allegation] was: I knew it," Pollard said Tuesday night. "I'm not going to say there was a conspiracy. I just think something wasn't right. It was unfair. We didn't have a chance to win that game."
Sure feels like that. Except not as blatant. They didn't need the Rams to win, just wanted to make sure we didn't jump out to a big lead and not blow them out.

Again - I sure hope this isn't really true.

But I also remember "holding Dave Szott" as like the worst sports-fandom play of my life, and start to wonder. Golden Boy Marino, Miami big market, still in Shula glow. No one's ever seen a replay of that hold.

ARROW2 11-20-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13906984)
I don't know man. It sure bugged me that a) bring in "all-star" refs, b) literally every single big call went against us for the first half - many of them ticky tack. The second half seemed a lot more equitable to me.

If there was some riggage it would seem to be to the effect of "The only thing we don't want is a Chiefs blowout." So once they got us playing from behind they backed off the ticky-tack penalties on every play.

Again, I really hope this isn't true. But man. The NFL knows they have first and foremost an entertainment product, they know LA fans are fickle and they DESPERATELY want to keep them engaged.

Didn't Tim Donaghy come out and say that refs Stern brought in for the Lakers/Kings game six were explicitly called in to rig the game? The refs called a foul on the Kings on almost every play, and almost everyone, even sober pundits, thinks that game was legitimately rigged. Donaghy said they didn't even have to communicate the riggage - as they refs knew what the league wanted when they brought them in for just that game. So the "all star" refs are really just "Goodell's boys" and they know they'll continue to be rewarded if they play ball (as the NBA guys were "Stern's boys" in Donaghy's terms).

Sure feels like that. Except not as blatant. They didn't need the Rams to win, just wanted to make sure we didn't jump out to a big lead and not blow them out.

Again - I sure hope this isn't really true.

But I also remember "holding Dave Szott" as like the worst sports-fandom play of my life, and start to wonder. Golden Boy Marino, Miami big market, still in Shula glow. No one's ever seen a replay of that hold.

This.

HemiEd 11-20-2018 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13906920)
Except that game was at Arrowhead.

Dang it, memory again, you are right. I remember all the hoopla for the Giants mainly.

HemiEd 11-20-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13906970)
The NFL expended so much effort on rigging up the Rams game that they forgot all about the other LA team they're supposed to be helping out...

They did help them out, you both totally missed the point as usual. They called offensive pass interference on the Broncos that was totally bullshit. should have been the nail, but it wasn't, the Broncos overcame it.

Do you even watch football?

Mile High Mania 11-20-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13906960)
You sound just like the asshole Bronco fan in my office.

Of course nothing is ever rigged when you root for one of the most despicable cheating organizations in all of sports.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/8b5f...itemid=3467082

Mile High Mania 11-20-2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13907013)
They did help them out, you both totally missed the point as usual. They called offensive pass interference on the Broncos that was totally bullshit. should have been the nail, but it wasn't, the Broncos overcame it.

I knew what you were referring to... the receiver had his hand inside the defenders helmet, but it was DPI. They definitely overcame it, suprisingly.

Easy 6 11-20-2018 03:18 PM

I'm gonna say yes, the league wanted LA to get this one

Egregiously ticky-tack defensive backfield calls against us
Multiple obvious false starts by their RT uncalled
Suh cheapshots Mahomes uncalled
Peters takes helmet off uncalled
Dee Ford gets a chokehold

Thats just a few off the top of my head, how could a supposed all star crew be that bad if not on purpose?

Randallflagg 11-20-2018 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13905958)
You conspiracy nuts need to stop this crap.The game wasn't fixed. This poor old me routine on here is getting old.

The NFL loves the Chiefs and Mahomes. They are the exact team they want playing in the NFL. GMF is nothing but a Mahomes lovefest every morning. All of the NFL network shows tout Mahomes and the Chiefs offense. They flexed us into two straight weeks on SNF. Its so obvious other teams fans are bitching about the constant Mahomes/Chiefs love fest.But, they are out to get us?

Another one is the NFL doesnt want a small market winning the SB. Are these conspiracy nuts paying attention? Small markets don't matter if your the big dog. Rogers in GB, Manning in Indy, Hello....evidence you can see with your own eyes.

With all this evidence we can see on a daily basis, somehow you get the idea that the NFL wants the Chiefs to lose. That makes no sense. They are not out to "get us". The NFL is promoting the shit out of us on a daily basis. This conspiracy BS is just that, BS.

I'll say this - and it ISN'T a conspiracy. The NFL is allowing a 4.5 BILLION dollar stadium to be built in a market that is notorious for NOT supporting NFL teams.

Last night (in case you weren't watching) was called "Marketing 101" with the "Poor pity Kalifornia" routine in order to build up a fan base that will (hopefully) last through construction. In my opinion, there was little chance that the Chiefs were going to leave there winners. Play that game on a Neutral field or in KC and it's lights out.

It WAS, however, one of the finer games I have ever had the pleasure of watching and I was actually "tired" after the game. Lots of highs and lots of lows.

Here is the bottom line: We have one of the finest QBs in the league. That kid is the real deal and will be for years to come.

Randallflagg 11-20-2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13907043)

Thats just a few off the top of my head, how could a supposed all star crew be that bad if not on purpose?

And what was the point of that "All Star" crew? Beats the hell out of me. They were some of the worst I have seen this year. All that you mentioned above happened. No conspiracy there...almost like the NFL had the outcome of the game determined all along and the Chiefs (damn them LMAO) almost destroyed their "pity party" for Los Angeles..... ROFL

suzzer99 11-20-2018 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallflagg (Post 13907044)
I'll say this - and it ISN'T a conspiracy. The NFL is allowing a 4.5 BILLION dollar stadium to be built in a market that is notorious for NOT supporting NFL teams.

Last night (in case you weren't watching) was called "Marketing 101" with the "Poor pity Kalifornia" routine in order to build up a fan base that will (hopefully) last through construction. In my opinion, there was little chance that the Chiefs were going to leave there winners. Play that game on a Neutral field or in KC and it's lights out.

It WAS, however, one of the finer games I have ever had the pleasure of watching and I was actually "tired" after the game. Lots of highs and lots of lows.

Here is the bottom line: We have one of the finest QBs in the league. That kid is the real deal and will be for years to come.

I was emotionally and physically exhausted as well. Walking around in a daze trying to find the Metro stop. Imagine how the players must have felt?

suzzer99 11-20-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13906823)

Right - so your argument is that riggage is unnecessary because of profit-sharing.

Could it be possible that the most-profitable teams - as well as the teams like LA with huge leverage for their media market and NFL's desperate desire for Lakers-level fandom to take hold - only go along with it on the basis that they know they're gonna get some help when it matters most?

I feel like if they NFL had their way a big-market team would win something like 4 out of 5 superbowls. Same is true for MLB and NBA. Now work backwards and ask, in an era of concern about declining ratings and stadium revenues, if they would actually take steps to try to make that happen.

Most people seem to think the NBA did, at least with the Patrick Ewing -> Knicks lottery miracle, if not the fixed Lakers/Kings game and who knows what else. Is it that far-fetched the NFL would try to put their thumb on the scale here and there to do the same thing?

Fish 11-20-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13907013)

I watched the entire game. I saw the LA team, at home, lose the game to a lesser Donkey team. But yeah I supposed that's also part of the conspiracy...

Easy 6 11-20-2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallflagg (Post 13907050)
And what was the point of that "All Star" crew? Beats the hell out of me. They were some of the worst I have seen this year. All that you mentioned above happened. No conspiracy there...almost like the NFL had the outcome of the game determined all along and the Chiefs (damn them LMAO) almost destroyed their "pity party" for Los Angeles..... ROFL

The move didnt make any sense, it was unprecedented

I wanna see those Ram mother****ers again down in Atlanta...

suzzer99 11-20-2018 03:45 PM

One thing I'm also curious about. Has anyone confirmed how these "all star" refs were selected? Is this solely up to the commissioner? Is there any transparency?

ptlyon 11-20-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13907110)
One thing I'm also curious about. Has anyone confirmed how these "all star" refs were selected? Is this solely up to the commissioner? Is there any transparency?

"Hey, who wants a free trip to LA?"

Eleazar 11-20-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13907099)
I watched the entire game. I saw the LA team, at home, lose the game to a lesser Donkey team. But yeah I supposed that's also part of the conspiracy...

That one was just to throw people off the scent. :tinfoil:

Imon Yourside 11-20-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13907043)

The non block in the back on the punt return. Not only were they missing things right in front of them, they were also making up calls as they went along.

Beef Supreme 11-20-2018 03:50 PM

Did the ref wink at Goff after ****ing us over? You damn right.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6227051-v...creamed-at-him

HemiEd 11-20-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13907035)
I knew what you were referring to... the receiver had his hand inside the defenders helmet, but it was DPI. They definitely overcame it, suprisingly.

Yeah, and all of a sudden Keenum went from being a poor man's Alex Smith the entire game, to Joe Montana for a couple of plays.

I was like, what the heck just happened?:eek:

Fish 11-20-2018 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13907098)
Right - so your argument is that riggage is unnecessary because of profit-sharing.

Could it be possible that the most-profitable teams - as well as the teams like LA with huge leverage for their media market and NFL's desperate desire for Lakers-level fandom to take hold - only go along with it on the basis that they know they're gonna get some help when it matters most?

I feel like if they NFL had their way a big-market team would win something like 4 out of 5 superbowls. Now work backwards and ask, in an era of concern about declining ratings and stadium revenues, if they would actually take steps to try to make that happen.

So you think the teams are also in on the fix? Does that really make sense? Dallas has double the revenue of 21 other teams in the NFL. They're sitting at .500 and have sucked for years now. Are you saying teams like Dallas are knowingly donating their profit while getting no ref help so the NFL can give preferences to other teams? That seems reasonable? Nevermind that it ignores the impossibility of a huge conspiracy like that.

Easy 6 11-20-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13907126)
The non block in the back on the punt return. Not only were they missing things right in front of them, they were also making up calls as they went along.

The holier than thou crowd wont get any traction with me

Supposed top shelf professionals dont make that many blatant mistakes

HemiEd 11-20-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13907099)

You are denser than a concrete wall. Let me spell it out in small words for you.

Did you not see the calls at the end of game that favored the LA team? Bullshit calls?

I hate Denver as much as the next guy on here, but that was crazy. Keenun looked like crap and somehow found another gear to overcome it.

Some of you remind me of that spoiled 8 year old kid that doesn't want to believe it when he is told there is no Santa Claus or Easter bunny.

Reality sucks, but this is a multi billion dollar business with no accountability.

It is entertainment.

Fish 11-20-2018 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 13907127)
Did the ref wink at Goff after ****ing us over? You damn right.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6227051-v...creamed-at-him

If you were secretly rigging a game, do you think you would drop a wink on live TV? That would also imply that Goff was in on it as well. Really?

loochy 11-20-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13907142)
So you think the teams are also in on the fix? Does that really make sense? Dallas has double the revenue of 21 other teams in the NFL. They're sitting at .500 and have sucked for years now. Are you saying teams like Dallas are knowingly donating their profit while getting no ref help so the NFL can give preferences to other teams? That seems reasonable? Nevermind that it ignores the impossibility of a huge conspiracy like that.

1) The Cowboys are a marketing machine on their own, with or without winning.
2) Goodell and Jerry aren't exactly friendly and this may be part of it.
3) The Cowboys DO get ref help to some degree...do you watch their games? The games aren't totally fixed, just tilted. A team can be good enough to overcome (see Jax last year) or squander the opportunity (like the Rams almost did last night).
Posted via Mobile Device

loochy 11-20-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13907158)
If you were secretly rigging a game, do you think you would drop a wink on live TV? That would also imply that Goff was in on it as well. Really?

Do you think they'd make blatant calls/no calls for the world to see? Really?
Posted via Mobile Device