ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Intermittent Fasting (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313701)

ThaVirus 07-13-2018 02:05 PM

"Do your research"

Danguardace 07-13-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 13627044)
I am exercising quite a bit... my upper body is gaining a lot of strength.

Fasting has happened for 1000s of years. Our body isn't meant to be a in fed-state all of the time. You're running narratives.

Fasting is the best medicine. The only reason they are demonized, is because if everyone fasted, the poor food companies would lose money. Oh, and pharmaceutical companies like to prescribe medications instead of cleaning out your system regularly.

Do your research, please.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...ittent-fasting

100% agree

The sceptics are always so focused on telling people they are just fat and lazy. Fasting isn't just about losing weight it has a ton of other benefits. And people who fast from my experience are not overweight in fact the opposite it has become very popular within the fitness industry, making it easy to stay lean and achieve fitness goals.

Since fasting I have improved my health suffer less headaches, train better and sleep better.

beach tribe 07-13-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13407757)
Good Lord, do I even want to know..?

There are actually some pretty solid studies on how blood types were formed by the foods your ancestors ate and how eating different foods affect those with differing blood types much differently.
This is the theory regarding lactose intolerance.
Some people's ancestors did not have access to dairy and it's not in tune with their evolutionary history.

Danguardace 07-13-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13626082)
It is excessive. There's no reason to do these longs fasts or cleanses. If you like doing them and you think they make you feel good, fine.

Better plan is learning to eat right to lose weight (read bodyfat). Learn to exercise and maintain some muscle mass and keep your bodyfat in check.

Those I hear about or see doing theses long fasts or cleanses are usually overweight people grasping at what they hope is the next miracle fix in a long line of their failed attempts.

Problem is eating right has no meaning there is so much disagreement as to what is best.

Meat is bad
Fat is bad
Carbs are bad
Diet sodas are bad
Fruit is bad

Depending on who you listen to.

Hammock Parties 07-13-2018 02:20 PM

There's a reason why almost ALL the major religions have some kind of fasting component in their rituals.

Mankind has known for a long time it has benefits.

However, teedubya will still be tubby a year from now. LMAO

ThaVirus 07-13-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 13627137)
100% agree

The sceptics are always so focused on telling people they are just fat and lazy. Fasting isn't just about losing weight it has a ton of other benefits. And people who fast from my experience are not overweight in fact the opposite it has become very popular within the fitness industry, making it easy to stay lean and achieve fitness goals.

Since fasting I have improved my health suffer less headaches, train better and sleep better.

I don't think anyone would argue against intermittent fasting, but that's not what T's doing.

Going 10 days without food isn't something many legitimate scientific sources would recommend.

ThaVirus 07-13-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 13627140)
There are actually some pretty solid studies on how blood types were formed by the foods your ancestors ate and how eating different foods affect those with differing blood types much differently.
This is the theory regarding lactose intolerance.
Some people's ancestors did not have access to dairy and it's not in tune with their evolutionary history.

Do you have a source?

Blood type percentages seem fairly consistent across the globe.

https://www.redcrossblood.org/conten...ture/image.png

Eureka 07-13-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13627229)
I don't think anyone would argue against intermittent fasting, but that's not what T's doing.

Going 10 days without food isn't something many legitimate scientific sources would recommend.

Humans in history would have done it like hunter gathers. In Russia and Germany they have clinics that do 1-4 week fastings to cure ailments. I watched a documentary about fasting and it seemed very interesting with some scientific facts including studies.

Fasting for 21 days might cure/help depression?

lewdog 07-13-2018 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 13627044)
I am exercising quite a bit... my upper body is gaining a lot of strength.

Fasting has happened for 1000s of years. Our body isn't meant to be a in fed-state all of the time. You're running narratives.

Fasting is the best medicine. The only reason they are demonized, is because if everyone fasted, the poor food companies would lose money. Oh, and pharmaceutical companies like to prescribe medications instead of cleaning out your system regularly.

Do your research, please.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...ittent-fasting

I do intermittent fasting myself and have for years. I eat all my calories in an 8 hour window almost every day. I lift weights and maintain a fairly decent physique doing this. Yes there are some health benefits to this as well.

I am talking about the benefits of these multi-day fasts and things like like "cleansing" with juice and broth for days. It's reeruned. Your body cleanses itself all the time. You don't need to restrict your diet severely for days on end. That's a fact and not a false narrative.

lewdog 07-13-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13627156)
There's a reason why almost ALL the major religions have some kind of fasting component in their rituals.

Mankind has known for a long time it has benefits.

However, teedubya will still be tubby a year from now. LMAO

I love when people talk about some health idea or thing they are doing yet are still over-weight.

Wanna know the best thing you can do for your health....don't be fat!!!

ThaVirus 07-13-2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 13627271)
Humans in history would have done it like hunter gathers. In Russia and Germany they have clinics that do 1-4 week fastings to cure ailments. I watched a documentary about fasting and it seemed very interesting with some scientific facts including studies.

Fasting for 21 days might cure/help depression?

What's the science behind it?

Eureka 07-14-2018 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13627772)
What's the science behind it?

I’m no expert on this subject. In the documentary there was a Russian doctor who ran fasting trials/experiments after WW2. Since the Soviet Union was closed off to the rest of the world these trials were not shared with the world until recently. Maybe google something about “Russian fasting Docotor” if you want to learn more. His research is available on the net.

What I do know is fasting cured my digestive problems I’d been having for 2 years. When I went to the doc they said it was normal and that I was to young (35) to worry about it. Basically my poop was no longer solid like it always had been and was coming out squishy and I’d also experience constipation here and there. I just noticed/felt something wasn’t right with my system. After fasting for 7 days my #2 went back to how it used to be. I also learned a lot about my food intake/thinking of food.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-05-2018 04:54 PM

A REALLY good video here:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PKfR6bAXr-c" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Demonpenz 08-05-2018 08:52 PM

I don't know whats going on here but Silock and Big Daddy are the dudes on this one.

Titty Meat 08-05-2018 11:08 PM

I havent been doing IF like I should but ive been getting ****ing jacked this summer doing upper lower splits as Lew suggested. Arms popping so are calves. Quads are coming in nicely. A consistent meal plan (lew hmu!) and ill be looking right.

Rausch 08-07-2018 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 13660913)
I don't know whats going on here but Silock and Big Daddy are the dudes on this one.

A great documentary for those new to the subject.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t1b08X-GvRs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-13-2018 10:12 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u0qaaaU9NPU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mnchiefsguy 11-13-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13627653)
I do intermittent fasting myself and have for years. I eat all my calories in an 8 hour window almost every day. I lift weights and maintain a fairly decent physique doing this. Yes there are some health benefits to this as well.

I am talking about the benefits of these multi-day fasts and things like like "cleansing" with juice and broth for days. It's reeruned. Your body cleanses itself all the time. You don't need to restrict your diet severely for days on end. That's a fact and not a false narrative.

Hey Lew,

If someone was wanting to start doing some weight training (complete noob), what would be the best way to start?

I have dropped around 30 pounds (I am at 259 lbs at the moment), and feel I am at a point where I have more energy and want to start improving myself, and I figured building muscle might be a good place start.

Thanks in advance!

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-03-2019 06:13 AM

I started another fast yesterday. Last meal was Friday afternoon. Just going to go three days unless I feel really awesome at the end then maybe 4 or 5 days. Drinking water only with a little pink himalayan salt once daily. Multivitamin +potassium and magnesium.

ThaVirus 03-03-2019 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14132219)
I started another fast yesterday. Last meal was Friday afternoon. Just going to go three days unless I feel really awesome at the end then maybe 4 or 5 days. Drinking water only with a little pink himalayan salt once daily. Multivitamin +potassium and magnesium.

Admittedly, I don't know shit about dieting, but fasting for four or five days doesn't sound ideal.

Why not just restrict your caloric intake to, like, 1200 calories a day or something? Give yourself a four to six hour window to eat so you can still fast if it makes you feel better.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-03-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14132227)
Admittedly, I don't know shit about dieting, but fasting for four or five days doesn't sound ideal.

Why not just restrict your caloric intake to, like, 1200 calories a day or something? Give yourself a four to six hour window to eat so you can still fast if it makes you feel better.

It's all about Autophagy and resetting your self my friend.

NewChief 03-04-2019 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14132227)

Like he said, it's about ketosis, autophagy, etc...

Tim Ferriss is a sucker for a lot of fad diets, but he (and a lot of other life optimizers) all swear by doing long periods of fasting/ketosis once a year or so in order to encourage autophagy of precancer as well as a bunch of other supposed health benefits.

suzzer99 03-04-2019 01:11 PM

I've been doing 16-hour fast for the last 3 weeks. Of course the first week some shit went down at work, and everyone else in my life decided to pounce at the same time. Why does that always happen every time I start a new diet? I was grumpy/obsessed for like 5 days (I call it the hamster wheel in my brain that won't stop spinning no matter how much I want it to). But I pushed past it. I've felt pretty good since then and have been managing the stress much better.

I think one of the things I did wrong that first week was I didn't eat enough. After the first couple nights of going 16 hours without food, my stomach shrank a bunch and I just didn't feel very hungry. My normal lunch seemed like a ton of food. So I wasn't eating very much in that 4pm meal. But ultimately the calorie deficit + dealing with work and other kinds of stress - sent me into orbit. Now I'm making sure to eat a decent meal at 4pm.

This weekend I slept 10-11 hours per night. Must be my body catching up on something. I figured if it wants to sleep let's just sleep.

Hoover 03-04-2019 01:13 PM

I just started a 16 hour fast thing today.

ThaVirus 03-04-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 14133368)

Tim Ferriss is a sucker for a lot of fad diets, but he (and a lot of other life optimizers) all swear by doing long periods of fasting/ketosis once a year or so in order to encourage autophagy of precancer as well as a bunch of other supposed health benefits.

I’ve heard a three-day fast causes your body to replace all of it’s white blood cells, which could be handy for someone going through chemo and needs a hard immune system reset. I couldn’t find a ton of science to back it up but whatever works.

htismaqe 03-04-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 14133368)

You can induce ketosis without fasting, though. Fasting for more than 3 days really isn't a good idea.

suzzer99 03-04-2019 02:00 PM

I drink a 16 oz. Diet Dr. Pepper every day at lunch. I also drink diet Red Bulls when I go hiking. Am I going to get cancer?

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-04-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14133949)
I’ve heard a three-day fast causes your body to replace all of it’s white blood cells, which could be handy for someone going through chemo and needs a hard immune system reset. I couldn’t find a ton of science to back it up but whatever works.

I fasted for 3 days and my penis looked bigger.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-04-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14133952)
You can induce ketosis without fasting, though. Fasting for more than 3 days really isn't a good idea.

There's lots of (youtube) info that says it can be very beneficial if you do it correctly.

Marco Polo 03-04-2019 02:05 PM

I've been doing IF since December and love it.

J Diddy 03-04-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14133978)

Well see, it’s worth it.

O.city 03-04-2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 14133983)
I've been doing IF since December and love it.

I've done it for about a year.

I don't mind it at all but I've never been a big breakfast guy anyway so it's not a big deal .

ThaVirus 03-04-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14133978)

Well, sounds like you’re overweight so fasting for a few days probably won’t hurt lol

tooge 03-04-2019 03:18 PM

So I'm 52 yo, I work out 5-6 days per week with 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes of strength training. I'd say I eat pretty healthy most of the week. I have either oatmeal and berries for breakfast, or three eggs and a few berries. I have a spinach salad with tons of veggies and a homemade olive oil and vinegar dressing used sparingly, and I generally eat a lean protein and some veggies for dinner. I do splurge once or twice a week and make something not as healthy, but usually even then I try to make it as healthy as possible. Little to no fried foods. I'm a pretty fit guy. My achilles heel is beer for sure. I often drink 12-15 beers throughout the weekend.

So, I've not tried the fasting thing but I am intrigued. So, I can eat whatever I want as long as it's between noon and 8pm? I can get down on spagetti and meatballs, or cheeseburgers, or pizza? Beer? I mean, everyone saying they are losing weight on the 16:8 diet seems weird to me unless they are modifying caloric intake?

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-04-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 14134115)
So I'm 52 yo, I work out 5-6 days per week with 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes of strength training. I'd say I eat pretty healthy most of the week. I have either oatmeal and berries for breakfast, or three eggs and a few berries. I have a spinach salad with tons of veggies and a homemade olive oil and vinegar dressing used sparingly, and I generally eat a lean protein and some veggies for dinner. I do splurge once or twice a week and make something not as healthy, but usually even then I try to make it as healthy as possible. Little to no fried foods. I'm a pretty fit guy. My achilles heel is beer for sure. I often drink 12-15 beers throughout the weekend.

So, I've not tried the fasting thing but I am intrigued. So, I can eat whatever I want as long as it's between noon and 8pm? I can get down on spagetti and meatballs, or cheeseburgers, or pizza? Beer? I mean, everyone saying they are losing weight on the 16:8 diet seems weird to me unless they are modifying caloric intake?

No. You still have to eat right.

htismaqe 03-04-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14133980)
There's lots of (youtube) info that says it can be very beneficial if you do it correctly.

There's a lot of Youtube videos that assert the earth is flat, too...

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-04-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14134153)
There's a lot of Youtube videos that assert the earth is flat, too...

The Earth is Flat. Take a picture. Print it out. Lay it on the table. Perfectly flat.

Moons flat too. So is the sun.

tooge 03-04-2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14134147)
No. You still have to eat right.

LOL. Then whats the ****ing point of it. I'm healthy and I eat three meals a day and two smaller snacks. Usually an apple or a yogurt.

R Clark 03-04-2019 06:43 PM

Been on a 800 cal. a day , no pork, bread , potatoes very little oils( cooking)lost 25 pounds.Its taken 35 or so days to do it, tough to do at first but you get use to it.i am 59 yrs old ,was slow to realize I could no longer eat like I was 30 lol. Feel a damn site better now but sick of shrimp, fish, chicken.Have freezer full of flathead , but it sucks eating if it’s not battered and fried which is a no no.

Eureka 03-04-2019 08:56 PM

I’m going to start another 7 day fast this Friday and I might push it to 10 days. Last year I did a 7 day fast (water only) and I felt refreshed physically/mentally.

I really have to psych myself up because it isn’t easy to do but once you get the train rolling it gets more tolerable. Especially after day 3. Day 4-5 I felt a big burst in energy and all my senses were heightened.

Russia and Germany have fasting centers at some hospitals. Here is a fasting documentary I found interesting

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t1b08X-GvRs&t=1432s

Rawlsian 03-04-2019 09:20 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Remember when Alex Smith came back absolutely ripped following the Chiefs’ loss to the Steelers in January 2017? <br><br>Well, he shared his biggest fat-loss weapon with me, and guess what -Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles does it too: <a href="https://t.co/lpZbDuSw9g">https://t.co/lpZbDuSw9g</a></p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/1037844522070417408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 6, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-04-2019 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 14134944)
I’m going to start another 7 day fast this Friday and I might push it to 10 days. Last year I did a 7 day fast (water only) and I felt refreshed physically/mentally.

I really have to psych myself up because it isn’t easy to do but once you get the train rolling it gets more tolerable. Especially after day 3. Day 4-5 I felt a big burst in energy and all my senses were heightened.

Russia and Germany have fasting centers at some hospitals. Here is a fasting documentary I found interesting

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t1b08X-GvRs&t=1432s

I made it into day 3 this time but not 3 full days. My wifes an asshole and made meatloaf.

Eureka 03-04-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14134998)
I made it into day 3 this time but not 3 full days. My wifes an asshole and made meatloaf.

My first fast was 3 days. You’ll know what to expect next time.

So your wife tested you huh. How sweet of her.

R Clark 03-04-2019 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 14135046)
My first fast was 3 days. You’ll know what to expect next time.

So your wife tested you huh. How sweet of her.

Fuc’@ that , my wife brought home Girl Scout cookies, crackers and shit we can’t eat.i blamed her pissed off cause she hadn’t lost the weight I had. As you can tell bourbon ain’t included in the do without line

penguinz 03-05-2019 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14134998)

Meatloaf should be a reason to keep fasting. Should only be consumed in a survival situation.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-05-2019 07:40 AM

What is the minimum amount of time to benefit from IF?

I am generally a later eater. I skip breakfast and will eat lunch around 1pm. But I don't eat dinner until about 8pm.

thecoffeeguy 03-05-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 14135214)
What is the minimum amount of time to benefit from IF?

I am generally a later eater. I skip breakfast and will eat lunch around 1pm. But I don't eat dinner until about 8pm.

I think the 30 hour mark is where the benefits/healing start to happen.

I've been doing a lot of reading/research on this, testing it. The readings that I have read mention fasting (just water only) needs to be at least 30 hours for benefits to kick in.

not promoting this in anyway, but check out bulletproof diet. I stumbled across it awhile back and they have some cool charts to help with things like fasting and such.

HTH

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-05-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy (Post 14135356)
I think the 30 hour mark is where the benefits/healing start to happen.

I've been doing a lot of reading/research on this, testing it. The readings that I have read mention fasting (just water only) needs to be at least 30 hours for benefits to kick in.

not promoting this in anyway, but check out bulletproof diet. I stumbled across it awhile back and they have some cool charts to help with things like fasting and such.

HTH

If you're actually fasting, bulletproof coffee will put calories in your system from the butter and oil and will break your fast. I've also read that autophagy will kick in as little as 16 hours into a fast while I've also read it takes 3 days to kick in. Who the hell knows. I know i feel a lot better after a 3 day fast.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-05-2019 11:03 AM

So you aren’t eating anything for 3 days?

How in the hell...?

ThaVirus 03-05-2019 11:41 AM

I’m a small dude so I go without a meal for like 8 hours and I start to get a dull headache.

I’m sure it would go away at some point but I just can’t deal.

saphojunkie 03-05-2019 11:56 AM

Here is one of the greatest fighters in history talking about IF:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5uS9IeDn6n8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcxiv 03-05-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14135554)
I’m a small dude so I go without a meal for like 8 hours and I start to get a dull headache.

I’m sure it would go away at some point but I just can’t deal.

its not for everyone thats for sure, some people need to snack on at least something every now and again. I tried it for a bit, its pretty hard to do at first. If you are someone with insomnia at times its absolutely sucks and you are hungry as **** alot of the times.

If anyone is really looking on how to lose weight, i highly encourage people to look up Michael Jai White on youtube, Dude constantly puts out videos about fitness/fighting

Tribal Warfare 03-05-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 14135477)
So you aren’t eating anything for 3 days?

How in the hell...?

That's easy, but beyond 3 it's hard because you'll start getting light headed and dizzy.

Frosty 03-05-2019 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 14134361)
LOL. Then whats the ****ing point of it. I'm healthy and I eat three meals a day and two smaller snacks. Usually an apple or a yogurt.

It's not a magic bullet. It's just a trick to help lower calories. If you binge like crazy during your eating window, you will still gain weight. There can be some health benefits besides weight loss when fasting a little longer (30-48 hours, iirc) like autophagy but according to a study that came out in the last couple of years, fasting longer that three days can start to be harmful.

Frosty 03-05-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14135638)
That's easy, but beyond 3 it's hard because you'll start getting light headed and dizzy.

I did okay for three days once but absolutely hit the wall at that point. It takes roughly three days of fasting to deplete the glycogen in your liver and muscles (assuming sedentary lifestyle) so that is probably why. You start running on ketones and glucose made from protein and it's harder to keep the glucose for your brain up. That's what causes the fuzzy thinking and dizziness.

suzzer99 03-05-2019 12:48 PM

I'd like someone to explain to me why my body thinks it's so damn important to store fat, but would rather have me pass out and/or get homicidal before it uses any of these copious reserves for energy.

Carlota69 03-05-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGiggity (Post 13399702)
Anyone have any experience doing this? I plan to start on Monday.

I have researched it quite a bit and am willing to give it a try. I will probably do the 16:8 plan. Sixteen hours fasting, eight hour window to eat. My plan, and it will probably change, is to eat two meals totaling around 1600 calories between 11 AM-7PM. I plan on drinking a shit ton of water to help and possible supplement an occasional caffeine pill in the morning.

I have friend who has been doing this for a year. Hes been on the 18-6 fast and hes lost over 80lbs. He eats whatever he wants but hes found that he isnt super hungry during his eating times.
I decided to try it a couple of weeks ago (Feb 11th to be exact) but Im doing 16-8, and so far Ive lost 6 lbs, which is a lot for me.
Im gonna stick with it and see if it keeps working bc so far, so good.:D

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-05-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 14135679)
I did okay for three days once but absolutely hit the wall at that point. It takes roughly three days of fasting to deplete the glycogen in your liver and muscles (assuming sedentary lifestyle) so that is probably why. You start running on ketones and glucose made from protein and it's harder to keep the glucose for your brain up. That's what causes the fuzzy thinking and dizziness.

I add a little pink salt to some water and take a potassium and magnesium supplement when I fast thus getting electrolytes. Helps a lot.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-05-2019 08:54 PM

Intermittent Fasting

The 8/16 looks much much more manageable.

Eureka 03-05-2019 09:09 PM

Bunch of pussys can’t even go more than a few days/hours without food!

Srsly though it seems different strategies work for different people. You just gotta try and find what works for you. Lots of information out there.

I might try the 18-6 after my fast. Interesting stuff.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-05-2019 09:49 PM

I've been kind of intrigued by the Wim Hoff methods he uses to control healing and inflammation. I dont know if its bullshit or not but its really interesting. Anybody into Wim Hoff?

htismaqe 03-05-2019 10:25 PM

Every time I see this thread in the Lounge list, I see "Life - Intermittent Fisting".

Hoover 03-05-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 14136634)
The 8/16 looks much much more manageable.

Just started it, not too bad if you ask me. Set to be on it for 43 days

Mahomes15MyHomes 03-06-2019 12:08 AM

i might give this a shot too sometime this month

KChiefs1 03-06-2019 09:11 AM

I only eat noon - 6pm.

Hoover 03-06-2019 09:22 AM

So I'm doing a pretty strict diet with my 8:16

I'm on a bunch of supplements, then I have two means a day that consists of 4oz protein, 4 oz of fruit, and 4 oz of veg. I can also add a bunch of free veg like spinach, lettuce, red onion, and mushrooms. So I basically make a mess of sautéed onions and mushrooms every night. I also do kryothreapy (SP?) once a day, which supposably burns 500-800 calories a session. Drink only water (like 150 oz a day), so I' pretty sure my body is saying something like, WTF, I guess we have to burn the fat today.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-06-2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14137051)
So I'm doing a pretty strict diet with my 8:16

I'm on a bunch of supplements, then I have two means a day that consists of 4oz protein, 4 oz of fruit, and 4 oz of veg. I can also add a bunch of free veg like spinach, lettuce, red onion, and mushrooms. So I basically make a mess of sautéed onions and mushrooms every night. I also do kryothreapy (SP?) once a day, which supposably burns 500-800 calories a session. Drink only water (like 150 oz a day), so I' pretty sure my body is saying something like, WTF, I guess we have to burn the fat today.

How long is a Kryotherapy session? What does it cost?

eDave 03-06-2019 05:12 PM

FWIW, I sleep a lot through my fasting. Big reason is that I can get a migraine in the eyes when I don't eat for a day. Best to sleep through those.

I take a few days off.

Tribal Warfare 03-06-2019 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14136748)
Every time I see this thread in the Lounge list, I see "Life - Intermittent Fisting".

This thread would've most definitely be located in the Pics forum if that was the case

threebag 03-07-2019 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 14137033)
I only eat noon - 6pm.

Oh yeah, opens up a little more time for intermittent fisting :thumb:

suzzer99 03-07-2019 09:47 AM

This cryotherapy burns 500-800 calories? https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319740.php

Quote:

The most popular form of cryotherapy involves sitting in a cryotherapy booth for 3–5 minutes.

Hoover 03-07-2019 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14137792)
How long is a Kryotherapy session? What does it cost?

Max is 3 mins.

I think they do an entry level rate at $25 bucks per session or something.

Hoover 03-07-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14138947)
This cryotherapy burns 500-800 calories? https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319740.php

Yeah who knows. I'm sure my diet and fasting contributes more to weight loss than freezing my ass off.

Eureka 03-15-2019 11:23 AM

I’m going to finish my water only fast at 8 days today. I feel very energetic today even though I haven’t eaten any food for 8 days. So far I’ve lost around 17lbs but I’m sure I’ll gain a few back once I eat.

I also feel very refreshed and my body feels light. I’m going to break my fast with some real beef broth and a juiced mix of greens/plain yogurt. I’ll have some thin soup later after that with some fruit. I’ll be able to eat normal stuff tmrw such as a yummy salad and work my way to a steak Sunday.

Water fasting is interesting stuff!

Hoover 03-15-2019 11:32 AM

Im on day 12 for my 16:8 intermittent fasting - I'm down 20 lbs on that. Overall down 30 lbs since Feb 14. I have plenty to lose, but the intermittent fasting has been remarkable.

SupDock 03-15-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14159846)
Im on day 12 for my 16:8 intermittent fasting - I'm down 20 lbs on that. Overall down 30 lbs since Feb 14. I have plenty to lose, but the intermittent fasting has been remarkable.

I have been messing around with it and have lost 40 lbs in 5 months. It really has worked for me.

Hoover 03-15-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupDock (Post 14159936)
I have been messing around with it and have lost 40 lbs in 5 months. It really has worked for me.

It sounds like it would be difficult, but with my schedule its perfect. I'm pissed I didn't look into this sooner.

Aspengc8 03-15-2019 12:22 PM

who would have thought that skipping a meal would lead to weight loss? Crazyness!

SupDock 03-15-2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14159990)
It sounds like it would be difficult, but with my schedule its perfect. I'm pissed I didn't look into this sooner.

Mine too, I normal eat lunch at 1, so morning fasting gave me an easy window

threebag 03-15-2019 12:49 PM

I eat very irregular. I skip many meals especially when I am busy. Most of the time I usually eat only dinner. Idle time is when I catch myself snacking and eating more with no discipline. I will never remove from my diet whole milk, I can drink the living shit out of some milk.