ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2018 Free Agents (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313128)

pugsnotdrugs19 01-13-2018 02:20 PM

Offensive line lately has been seemingly the best position to spend big on in FA. Oakland turned their line into a top 3 unit using basically only FA, although they took a step back as a unit this year.

DaneMcCloud 01-13-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13358045)
TRR probably made the most logical point of just moving Morse to guard and retaining Fulton, which allows you to keep continuity. Morse's athleticism has always made him a good fit at guard, but until now the opportunity to make the switch hadn't really presented itself. I think he'd be a great puller and trapper.

Morse can't stay healthy and while he'd be very good in the passing game, he's just not the bulldozer type in the ground game.

Plus, people (me included) have been saying since he was drafted in 2015, that he'd be a guard.

So far, no go.

Plus, I don't trust him to be a 16 game starter, let alone, 19 game starter.

DaneMcCloud 01-13-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13358048)
Offensive line lately has been seemingly the best position to spend big on in FA. Oakland turned their line into a top 3 unit using basically only FA, although they took a step back as a unit this year.

That's because they signed a few old guys.

Spain and Nowell are 27 and 26, respectively.

RunKC 01-13-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13358046)
Why not?

The Chiefs can give him a nice signing bonus and backload his contract. Houston will be coming off the books very soon, so it would be very doable.

I just think they need to stop ****ing around with late rounders, trades and UDFA's and get a mother****er that's going to be a badass for 4 years.

Houston off the books soon? Ugh **** me man we have zero pass rush.

We need to do everything possible to get at least 1 pass rusher this offseason. Dorsey failed us there big time.

Easy 6 01-13-2018 02:28 PM

Ultimately couldnt care less whether its a draftee or a vet, but guard absolutely needs an upgrade because I am not convinced that Morse is a 16 game starter at any spot along the line... its always something with him at center, why would it be any different at guard?

But he is an easy, obvious choice to back up Fulton

They could go get Norwell, or Spain, or whoever and that'd be fine... a known quantity who can be relied on to step right in

I'd also be fine using a 3rd, or yes even one of our two presumed 2nds, to upgrade there... giving us a young stud on the cheap

edit* top sentence looks like I totally plagiarized Dane, but that isnt the case, didnt even see his post until about 30 seconds ago... we apparently just share the same view on Morse

pugsnotdrugs19 01-13-2018 02:28 PM

I expect Houston to be better next year, 2 years removed from his injury. He's got a big offseason here ahead. Needs to attack it like a contract year.

The only thing that holds him back from a huge year is Sutton IMO.

BryanBusby 01-13-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13358032)
Right, but they can't cut him now or if he's injured heading into the year.

Well no, but he should be fine to be cleared and released before his money is fully guaranteed.

Nothing more than a guess as I am certainly not his dr, but I think he would have landed on the IR a lot earlier if the back were serious. I'd guess he's gone by OTA's.

Easy 6 01-13-2018 02:38 PM

As for Ford, of course we'd all like to upgrade, but there is an x-factor here that I havent seen brought up... he will be in a contract year, so if he was ever going to ball out, it'll be in 2018

Its something to keep in mind, and be hopeful about *shrug*

pugsnotdrugs19 01-13-2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13358085)
As for Ford, of course we'd all like to upgrade, but there is an x-factor here that I havent seen brought up... he will be in a contract year, so if he was ever going to ball out, it'll be in 2018

Its something to keep in mind, and be hopeful about *shrug*

His biggest issues are durability and run defense. He needs to get a lot stronger this offseason, which he may or may not be able to with his injury.

Wouldn't be shocked if he racked up 6-10 sacks, but can we rely on him to hold the edge?:hmmm:

Easy 6 01-13-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13358093)
... can we rely on him to hold the edge?:hmmm:

I'm afraid we're gonna find out, but I'll feel much better about it if we draft or sign some young phenom

pugsnotdrugs19 01-13-2018 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13358101)
I'm afraid we're gonna find out, but I'll feel much better about it if we draft or sign some young phenom

We also can't forget KPass in this whole equation. I think he legitimately could become a complete OLB, but have we saw enough to put our eggs in that basket? I'm not sure there either.

I'd say that position, along with CB are the top priorities.

Easy 6 01-13-2018 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13358107)
We also can't forget KPass in this whole equation. I think he legitimately could become a complete OLB, but have we saw enough to put our eggs in that basket? I'm not sure there either.

I'd say that position, along with CB are the top priorities.

Kpass and a draftee or solid free agent definitely makes things look much more palatable

DL, OLB, CB - Veach will surely have enough resources to address those spots

pugsnotdrugs19 01-13-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13358114)
Kpass and a draftee or solid free agent definitely makes things look much more palatable

DL, OLB, CB - Veach will surely have enough resources to address those spots

He should be looking to add 2 capable corners, if not more. I'd be okay with keeping Mitchell as a 4th CB. That position just has to be a strength in today's NFL.

O.city 01-13-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13358093)
His biggest issues are durability and run defense. He needs to get a lot stronger this offseason, which he may or may not be able to with his injury.

Wouldn't be shocked if he racked up 6-10 sacks, but can we rely on him to hold the edge?:hmmm:

Probably not, I'd imagine at this point he is what he is.

But, if he can give you 10 sacks, I'd say thats money well spent. Take your comp pick and move on.

Easy 6 01-13-2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13358119)
He should be looking to add 2 capable corners, if not more. I'd be okay with keeping Mitchell as a 4th CB. That position just has to be a strength in today's NFL.

Would love to see Malcolm Butler as one of those two, just not sure if thats feasible given what he'll command

I'm excited to see Veach at work, the early returns have been solid

pugsnotdrugs19 01-13-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13358148)
Would love to see Malcolm Butler as one of those two, just not sure if thats feasible given what he'll command

I'm excited to see Veach at work, the early returns have been solid

I expect him to be very aggressive with his moves as a young guy looking to leave his mark. That showed with the trades he made. Hopefully he isn't aggressive to a fault, but I won't be surprised if he goes after Butler hard.

O.city 01-13-2018 03:16 PM

You've got a big $ safety in Berry, and you're gonna have to pay Peters a **** ton of $ as well.

You probably aren't bringing in a big name corner opposite Peters. Need to hit a mid round free agent or a draft pick.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-13-2018 03:18 PM

Didn't realize that Butler was already turning 28 in March. He may not have many more prime years left in the tank.

He was 24 years old as a rookie.

Easy 6 01-13-2018 03:23 PM

Question for the draft gurus... anyone in this draft worth trading our two seconds for a first in order to move up for?

Or is that plain old crazy talk?

O.city 01-13-2018 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13358168)
Question for the draft gurus... is there anyone in this draft worth trading our two seconds for a first in order to move up for?

Eh, if they end up with 2 2nds and they'd like to have the 5th year option, maybe.

I wouldn't in that I'm ok trading up for a Qb but other than that, give me more darts to throw at the board.

In the end, it's a guessing game. More guesses = higher probability of hitting.

BryanBusby 01-13-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13358168)
Question for the draft gurus... anyone in this draft worth trading our two seconds for a first in order to move up for?

They need to stay where they are and just pluck dudes off the board. If anything, I'd prefer two 2nds over a late first for Alex Smith.

So many needs and honestly I don't think the talent dip is all that severe from late first to bottom half 2nd.

Easy 6 01-13-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13358178)
They need to stay where they are and just pluck dudes off the board. If anything, I'd prefer two 2nds over a late first.

So many needs and honestly I don't think the talent dip is all that severe from late first to bottom half 2nd.

Honestly, thats my thought as well... but I'm not the draftnik some of you other guys are, was just curious if there was some generational type stud who'd be worth it

That Notre Dame guard sounds like one, but even as bad as I want a new LG, thats not a move I'd make even for him

pugsnotdrugs19 01-13-2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

They need to stay where they are and just pluck dudes off the board. If anything, I'd prefer two 2nds over a late first for Alex Smith.

If a team gives us two 2018 2nds, that'd give us 3 total in that round and we'd be set up to really grab some starters. But if no team is offering multiple 2nds but say JAX or BUF are offering a 1st, that'd be nice too.

Easy 6 01-13-2018 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13358172)
Eh, if they end up with 2 2nds and they'd like to have the 5th year option, maybe.

I wouldn't in that I'm ok trading up for a Qb but other than that, give me more darts to throw at the board.

In the end, it's a guessing game. More guesses = higher probability of hitting.

I concur

BryanBusby 01-13-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13358181)
Honestly, thats my thought as well... but I'm not the draftnik some of you other guys are, was just curious if there was some generational type stud who'd be worth it

That Notre Dame guard sounds like one, but even as bad as I want a new LG, thats not a move I'd make even for him

Nelson will be a top 10 choice, which isn't realistic at all for KC. There are some good options for LG on Friday though.

I think in an ideal world, they could pull the Texans 2nd round pick and later 2nd rounder for Alex.

O.city 01-13-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13358191)
Nelson will be a top 10 choice, which isn't realistic at all for KC. There are some good options for LG on Friday though.

I think in an ideal world, they could pull the Texans 2nd round pick and later 2nd rounder for Alex.

I think someone ends up giving up a first. Seems the NFL doesn't value this offseason QB choices like some seem to.

I dunno, interested to see how it plays out.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-13-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13358193)
I think someone ends up giving up a first. Seems the NFL doesn't value this offseason QB choices like some seem to.

The Jaguars are crazy if they don't offer their first for Smith if that's what it takes. That is the one team that might be able to carry him all the way, which is evidenced by what they do with Bortles.

They need to strike at the QB position and fast.

O.city 01-13-2018 03:38 PM

Maybe the Jags do it. I've kind of got my eye on the Cardinals but it will depend on who they end up hiring as the HC.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-13-2018 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13358215)
Maybe the Jags do it. I've kind of got my eye on the Cardinals but it will depend on who they end up hiring as the HC.

Cards pick 15th. That might be too rich to give up but I'd love if they did it.

BryanBusby 01-13-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13358193)

They might get a first round offer, but personally I'd favor 2 seconds over a first and a day 3 pick. Day 2 is going to have tremendous value this year.

Easy 6 01-13-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13358206)
The Jaguars are crazy if they don't offer their first for Smith if that's what it takes. That is the one team that might be able to carry him all the way, which is evidenced by what they do with Bortles.

They need to strike at the QB position and fast.

Every word here is true, but a 1st will be a bridge too fare even for them IMO

Gimme a 2nd, a 4th... and we'll call it good

RunKC 01-13-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

I agree. Even if they got a 1st I would still trade down unless some player that would have went in the top 15 falls.

NJChiefsFan 01-13-2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13358151)
You've got a big $ safety in Berry, and you're gonna have to pay Peters a **** ton of $ as well.

You probably aren't bringing in a big name corner opposite Peters. Need to hit a mid round free agent or a draft pick.

I agree. We don't need to shutdown corners. If we can find a corner that can handle the pressure of being thrown at all game that would be fine.

Or perhaps we can let Peters actually follow people and take even more pressure off of the #2 corner.

O.city 01-13-2018 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13358235)
They might get a first round offer, but personally I'd favor 2 seconds over a first and a day 3 pick. Day 2 is going to have tremendous value this year.

If it’s multiple seconds this year, maybe

If it’s a 2nd with a conditional vs a first I’d take the first simply for the 5th year option

pugsnotdrugs19 01-13-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13358324)
If it’s multiple seconds this year, maybe

If it’s a 2nd with a conditional vs a first I’d take the first simply for the 5th year option

I'm not passing up on a 2018 1st unless you are getting multiple 2018 2nds. Maybe a 2018 2nd and 2018 high 3rd as well.

BryanBusby 01-13-2018 04:37 PM

Option year is valuable, but they have too many holes and should value pick quantity more right now.

SuperBowl4 01-13-2018 11:31 PM

Bring back Jamal Charles

Chief Roundup 01-13-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 13359765)
Bring back Jamal Charles

**** NO

Chief Roundup 01-13-2018 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13358338)
Option year is valuable, but they have too many holes and should value pick quantity more right now.

I would rather have an immediate impact player.

SuperBowl4 01-13-2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13359776)
**** NO

Bring Back Dontari Poe

Chief Roundup 01-13-2018 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 13359783)
Bring Back Dontari Poe

**** NO

Couch-Potato 01-18-2018 11:05 AM

Landry not happy with contract negotiations with Dolphins...again. Not our biggest need by a mile, but he'd be a solid addition.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-ugly-side-nfl

The Franchise 01-18-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 13368238)
Landry not happy with contract negotiations with Dolphins...again. Not our biggest need by a mile, but he'd be a solid addition.

Not at what it would cost.

Couch-Potato 01-18-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13368242)

What do you think the cost would be?

thabear04 01-18-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Wouldn't want him after what he did to Darelle Revis trying to hurt his wrist the one he got surgery on.

Sassy Squatch 01-18-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 13369054)
What do you think the cost would be?

Looks like he's wanting what Adams of Green Bay got. 4 years, 58 Million with 32 guaranteed.

RunKC 01-22-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13357770)
Dee Ford is getting released and I think it's a primary reason why he went on IR.

In Dee Ford’s 6 games this year, the Chiefs had 18 sacks averaging 3 a game. Without Dee Ford in 10 games, the Chiefs has 13 sacks averaging 1.3 a game.

Unless his back is ****ed, it would be utterly reeruned to let this man go.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-25-2018 08:12 PM

https://twitter.com/pff/status/956697204206571520

Per PFF, Andrew Norwell went the 4th-most snaps without allowing a hit or sack of any guard since 2007.

I'd love to grab this guy. Of course, the draft seems to have some pretty good options at guard too but I don't know if we'll want to use an early pick there.

Chief Northman 01-25-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Productive, but DIVA.

Peters would not approve. Room only for one on the Chiefs....

Easy 6 01-25-2018 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13368242)

Pesty, gimme the 1 top defensive free agent we can reasonably get our hands on

Norwell seems an obvious offensive choice, are their any defensive players? It really does look like a garbage and/or overpriced group on that side of the ball so far (camp cuts could change the equation of course)

You get one defensive choice, and bear the salary cap in mind... go!

The Franchise 01-26-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13382360)
Pesty, gimme the 1 top defensive free agent we can reasonably get our hands on

Norwell seems an obvious offensive choice, are their any defensive players? It really does look like a garbage and/or overpriced group on that side of the ball so far (camp cuts could change the equation of course)

You get one defensive choice, and bear the salary cap in mind... go!

One top defensive free agent? Rashaan Melvin, CB from the Colts.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TQ8VX41lwLQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TambaBerry 01-26-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13382902)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TQ8VX41lwLQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yes please, this is the type of defensive players i like

Easy 6 01-26-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13382902)

6'2 195, ran a 4.42 at the combine and is coming off a career year... I'll take that deal every time

BossChief 01-26-2018 05:24 PM

Sign Norwell
Trade Alex to Jax for Dareus
Sign Talib (once released)

Sassy Squatch 01-31-2018 06:35 AM

So now what's the plan? Go and get a top CB like Melvin or Butler to really fortify the secondary or spend all the money on front 7?

staylor26 01-31-2018 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13391402)
So now what's the plan? Go and get a top CB like Melvin or Butler to really fortify the secondary or spend all the money on front 7?

Use free agency to finally fill that LG spot and go all defense on day 2 of the draft.

Sassy Squatch 01-31-2018 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13391416)
Use free agency to finally fill that LG spot and go all defense on day 2 of the draft.

Pat Mahomes made our backup linemen look serviceable at Denver. If its Norwell, then sure but any big $ spent on the offense should be for a bona fide WR.

RunKC 01-31-2018 07:35 AM

Veach did this the right way. Premier talent on a rookie deal. Now we have more money to play with for other needs and Revis is expendable.

WhawhaWhat 01-31-2018 09:38 AM

Not saying all of them but FA targets:

Barkevious Mingo
Sheldon Richardson
DaQuan Jones, if he's healthy.
Tavon Wilson, if he's healthy.

Sassy Squatch 01-31-2018 02:14 PM

Anyone like the idea of trying to trade for and rehabbing John Ross? Marvin Lewis seemed to have no use for him all year.

staylor26 01-31-2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13392722)
Anyone like the idea of trying to trade for and rehabbing John Ross? Marvin Lewis seemed to have no use for him all year.

I highly doubt they give up on him this early, but I’d definitely be up for it.

Sassy Squatch 01-31-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13392796)
I highly doubt they give up on him this early, but I’d definitely be up for it.

The whole premise of the idea is based on the fact that Marvin Lewis is an idiot.

raybec 4 01-31-2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13391423)
Pat Mahomes made our backup linemen look serviceable at Denver. If its Norwell, then sure but any big $ spent on the offense should be for a bona fide WR.

We have the best trio of weapons in the AFC adding Mahomes is going to make them much more dangerous deep. Spend on Defense or OG IMO

raybec 4 01-31-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 13391753)
Not saying all of them but FA targets:

Barkevious Mingo
Sheldon Richardson
DaQuan Jones, if he's healthy.
Tavon Wilson, if he's healthy.

Mingo has recorded 9 sacks in 5 years, I'll pass on him but I'd take Sheldon or Jones

Hoover 01-31-2018 03:14 PM

Who is going to pla NT? Isn't that now our biggest hole?

KChiefs1 01-31-2018 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13382188)
https://twitter.com/pff/status/956697204206571520

Per PFF, Andrew Norwell went the 4th-most snaps without allowing a hit or sack of any guard since 2007.

I'd love to grab this guy. Of course, the draft seems to have some pretty good options at guard too but I don't know if we'll want to use an early pick there.

He's my #1 FA signing.

thegame214 02-11-2018 09:32 AM

Junior Galette to KC has been talked about for a couple weeks as possible spots and he tweeted a gif of Andy, as well as this this morning

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">That Gif ������ <a href="https://t.co/RBVAq4BB3q">https://t.co/RBVAq4BB3q</a></p>&mdash; Junior Galette (@JovaisG) <a href="https://twitter.com/JovaisG/status/962710017886642177?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 11, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Red Dawg 02-11-2018 10:18 AM

Junior is almost 30. If he came cheap Veech may try it.

thegame214 02-11-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 13412414)

Yeah he just posted Andy, posted Chris Jones gif, liked comment about beating beating Phi and NE, just seemed like a trend and we could def use him

Chief Northman 02-11-2018 10:48 AM

Junior’s production fell off a cliff this past season. Would have to be cheap, but sadly not a lot of great pass rush options in FA nor the draft considering the Chiefs lack of draft capital.

There may be some upgrades for the DL however. Solid run stoppers and NT types available in the draft, and Richardson along with a likely release of Wilkerson are pass rush options from the DL position. The aforementioned will cost a lot however and there is buyer beware with the character concerns. I would not be opposed to Poe returning either....

RealSNR 02-11-2018 10:53 AM

That Junior Galette thing makes me wonder how many Redskins free agents are ultra pissed about the Fuller thing and want to join him in KC.

Yeah, probably zero, since they'll go where there's money, but still. Anybody on here catch your eye? Note: The number next to the player's position is their age.

Kirk Cousins QB 29 WAS TBD $23,943,600 UFA Market Value
Terrelle Pryor WR 28 WAS TBD $6,000,000 UFA -
Shawn Lauvao G 30 WAS TBD $4,250,000 UFA -
DeAngelo Hall CB 34 WAS TBD $4,250,000 UFA -
Zach Brown ILB 28 WAS TBD $2,300,000 UFA -
Niles Paul TE 28 WAS TBD $2,000,000 UFA -
Will Compton ILB 28 WAS TBD $1,797,000 UFA -
Trent Murphy OLB 27 WAS TBD $1,118,200 UFA -
Arthur Jones DT 31 WAS TBD $900,000 UFA -
Chris Carter ILB 28 WAS TBD $885,000 UFA -
Brian Quick WR 28 WAS TBD $855,000 UFA -
Junior Galette OLB 29 WAS TBD $800,000 UFA -
Tony Bergstrom C 31 WAS TBD $775,000 UFA -
Phil Taylor DT 29 WAS TBD $775,000 UFA -
Spencer Long C 27 WAS TBD $715,950 UFA -
Bashaud Breeland CB 26 WAS TBD $676,500 UFA Market Value
Ryan Grant WR 27 WAS TBD $608,403 UFA -
Dustin Hopkins
Montori Hughes

DaneMcCloud 02-11-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 13412414)

He had Achilles surgery in 2015 and 2016, with only 3 sacks last year and 14 tackles.

I don't think that Veach is clamoring for 30 year old broke dicks but if he does sign Galette, it won't be for a penny more than Vet Minimum.

staylor26 02-11-2018 11:18 AM

Murphy, Brown, and Breeland are all intriguing

thegame214 02-11-2018 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13412474)
He had Achilles surgery in 2015 and 2016, with only 3 sacks last year and 14 tackles.

I don't think that Veach is clamoring for 30 year old broke dicks but if he does sign Galette, it won't be for a penny more than Vet Minimum.

I hear you, but you should check out some of his analysis by Seth. I know "almost" sacks aren't sacks, but he was pretty disruptive

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Been watching a little Junior Galette for the FA 2.0 article. I think he&#39;s a guy who could help the pass rush without breaking the bank. Got lost in the shuffle a bit in WAS, but has some variety of moves and solid burst/quickness. <a href="https://t.co/9fMba9goUQ">pic.twitter.com/9fMba9goUQ</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/960584692805328898?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dunerdr 02-11-2018 12:43 PM

galette looks to be hali of 2016 a lot of almost there not enough actually there. for the right price hed be a nice pick up. id almost rather gamble on upside. in a perfect world id sign him reasonably try to make a quick low cost trade on a guy like aaron lynch who as mentioned earlier was displaced due to a changing scheme. maybe attack that olb position like the ilb position where veach got ragland via trade, kpl via, trade, and we still drafted eligwe. get lynch and/or galette as insurance for tanoh and dadi. then rotate them all until someone emerges.

The Franchise 02-11-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13412460)
That Junior Galette thing makes me wonder how many Redskins free agents are ultra pissed about the Fuller thing and want to join him in KC.

Yeah, probably zero, since they'll go where there's money, but still. Anybody on here catch your eye? Note: The number next to the player's position is their age.

Dustin Hopkins
Montori Hughes

Brown or Breeland would be nice.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-11-2018 01:05 PM

You look at a guy like Galette if you can get him for a 1 or 2 year deal. Why? Because he’s not Frank Zombo and he’s got a chance to be better than anyone outside of Houston in the short term.

Not to mention it could allow for a better rotation up front.

thegame214 02-11-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13412628)
You look at a guy like Galette if you can get him for a 1 or 2 year deal. Why? Because he’s not Frank Zombo and he’s got a chance to be better than anyone outside of Houston in the short term.

Not to mention it could allow for a better rotation up front.

Anytime I read the name Frank Zombo I literally cringe

kccrow 02-11-2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13412460)
Dustin Hopkins
Montori Hughes

I'd have to say Breeland, Brown, Grant, and Murphy are the one's that stand out. I don't know that you go after Breeland if you intend to start Fuller on the outside. Brown would definitely be of some use, but he's never called the defense. Grant is a solid receiver that I think you'd consider if you don't re-sign Albert Wilson, as they'd assume a similar role. Murphy was developing into a good pass rusher, with 9 sacks in 2016, but tore his ACL so you'd have to monitor that, but also his price tag.

DaneMcCloud 02-11-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13412909)
I'd have to say Breeland, Brown, Grant, and Murphy are the one's that stand out.

Breeland will be far too expensive for the Chiefs and in the next two years, they'll need to pony up for Peters and Fuller (and Nelson).

Grant will turn 28 during the season and I don't know what he'd bring that Chris Conley, Jehu Chesson and maybe even Marcus Kemp can't bring to this offense. I suppose that if he's signed, that will be the end of Demarcus Robinson but IMO, they can draft a guy late that can take his place.

Zach Brown will be 29 during the season, which goes against the Veach philosophy of getting younger but I'd imagine that he'd want to go somewhere that would offer him more than a one year, stop gap deal.