ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***Official Harrison Butker Appreciation Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310558)

Hoover 10-06-2020 09:12 AM

If I were the Chiefs I'd take a delay of game on field goals to give him more space

DJ's left nut 10-06-2020 09:18 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but every struggle I've seen from him of late is him bringing it at the left upright, correct? Even his makes are hooking towards towards the left side.

So if you've got a clearly identifiable pattern, it's almost certainly just a mechanical issue that needs to be addressed.

I'll say it again - if anyone's ever stood at like the 30 yard line and looked at the uprights - honestly it's a minor miracle they EVER make a kick from that far out. The sequencing and timing of all those things are so regimented that it makes something that is really REALLY hard look very easy.

But kicking also becomes akin to a swiss watch at that point. If anything gets a little out of kilter, the whole thing goes awry. There's just no firebreak in there. There's no place within his rhythm where he can get it back inline.

Everything has to be precise and right now it ain't. There's no questioning the talent and for all the talk about how nails he was in that Chargers game, lets not forget he drilled his SB kick and all 4 XPs as well and there will never be a higher stress situation than that.

He has everything he needs to be an elite kicker in this league. He'll be fine - he's just a tick off right now.

RealSNR 10-06-2020 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15222063)
Maybe there is some validity to Butker basking in his success a little too much after that epic Chargers game performance.

Dude seems to have gone GQ...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ei92wyEW...jpg&name=large

Wearing a suit = GQ?

DJ's left nut 10-06-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15222305)
Wearing a suit = GQ?

Imma be honest - if I could rock a suit like that I'd wear it to ****ing Walmart. Dude is swank as hell right there. I keep trying to pull off the 3-piece and mostly just look like I raided my grandpa's closet. I'm mostly just a little jealous here.

But yeah, this is all a little silly at this point.

Why chalk up a slump that virtually every kicker goes through every season to an extremely reasonable timing/mechanical flaw when you can say "hey, do you SEE the watch he's wearing?!?! His success has gone to his head!!!"

Whatever.

KChiefs1 10-20-2020 07:22 AM

Scary Harry Butker is starting to piss me off.

Molitoth 10-20-2020 07:28 AM

Butker looking fly in Buffalo... makes me want to rock this suit too.

He's gotta work on those extra points though.

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net...e1&oe=5FB5FA42

lcarus 10-20-2020 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 15260265)
Butker looking fly in Buffalo... makes me want to rock this suit too.

He's gotta work on those extra points though.

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net...e1&oe=5FB5FA42

These guys with their expensive suits and flashy outfits comin off the plane. Even if I was the best QB in the NFL, I'd always be walking off of that plane wearing an old Maiden t-shirt and sweatpants or shorts. I'm not wearing uncomfortable bullshit on a long flight every week just to look cool when I get off the plane. Maybe sometimes I'd church it up and wear a nice casual shirt and jeans or khakis.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-20-2020 08:17 AM

Butker needs to get his shit straight. No excuses for missing extra ****ing points. Maybe Bell is already rubbing off on him.

ThaVirus 10-20-2020 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15260296)
These guys with their expensive suits and flashy outfits comin off the plane. Even if I was the best QB in the NFL, I'd always be walking off of that plane wearing an old Maiden t-shirt and sweatpants or shorts. I'm not wearing uncomfortable bullshit on a long flight every week just to look cool when I get off the plane. Maybe sometimes I'd church it up and wear a nice casual shirt and jeans or khakis.

I'm sure a lot of them are doing it for clout, but you'd be surprised how comfortable that sort of stuff gets after you wear it enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Megatron96 10-20-2020 09:32 AM

Last night it was raining cats and dogs, the ball was soaked, apparently BUF added new fill to the field right before the game, etc.

And it's possible that he's just not completely comfortable with his new holder. We'll see if he settles down as the season progresses. I'm betting he will.

htismaqe 10-20-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15260381)
I'm sure a lot of them are doing it for clout, but you'd be surprised how comfortable that sort of stuff gets after you wear it enough.

I'm very much a "jeans and Maiden t-shirt" guy. Probably as much as anybody I know.

But I wore a suit for my job for 10+ years and still do when I go to see clients, even though I don't have to.

They don't call them "power" suits for no reason. It's as much about confidence as it might be about clout.

FloridaMan88 10-20-2020 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15260572)
Last night it was raining cats and dogs, the ball was soaked, apparently BUF added new fill to the field right before the game, etc.

And it's possible that he's just not completely comfortable with his new holder. We'll see if he settles down as the season progresses. I'm betting he will.

No excuse for missing four extra points in six games already.

It’s going to cost the Chiefs a game at some point... Butker has to fix this bullshit.

chiefzilla1501 10-20-2020 10:00 AM

I'm surprised at how many people get worked up about XPs. Of course I want him to clean this shit up. But as long as he's nails on FGs it's 1 lost point instead of 3. Same shit that had falcons fans screaming for younghoe koos head a few weeks back even though he's hit 90%+ of FGs. Same shit that got Austin Seibert cut and for some weird reason he still doesn't have a kicking job. The browns basically said they prefer the worse FG kicker because at least he hits his XPs.

All I know is that Butker has iced a few games for us already this season including yesterday. It's a weird psychology that fans seem to freak out a lot more about 1 missed point than 3.

wazu 10-20-2020 10:03 AM

I blame Andy for the missed extra points. We should be going for 2 anyway. Butker is just encouraging Chiefs to take the correct path.

chiefzilla1501 10-20-2020 10:03 AM

All I know is this, Andy in LAC and Buffalo played the end laying up for a FG. With our explosive offense. That shows a tremendous amount of trust in our kicker.

Megatron96 10-24-2020 02:18 PM

Butker's stat line this season:
******FG AVG LNG XPM XPA PTS
90.9% 10-11 36 58 15 19 45

cmh6476 10-26-2020 03:08 PM

Worst in the league:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...conversion-pct

Megatron96 10-26-2020 03:21 PM

I don’t see why we care about XPs. When’s the last time we had a game decided by an XP? If an XP starts to be the difference between winning and losing, we got much, much, MUCH bigger problems and than Butker missing an XP.

TambaBerry 10-26-2020 03:24 PM

I can't fault him for the past two games but the others yeah they're pretty awful

htismaqe 10-26-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15277946)
I don’t see why we care about XPs. When’s the last time we had a game decided by an XP? If an XP starts to be the difference between winning and losing, we got much, much, MUCH bigger problems and than Butker missing an XP.

Yep.

-King- 10-26-2020 06:52 PM

Quote:

Just because we have never had a game decided by an XP, that doesn't mean it can't be a problem in the future especially in the playoffs when we face much better teams.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10-26-2020 07:06 PM

We are dead last in the league in converting our extra points at 77%

Megatron96 10-26-2020 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15278490)
Just because we have never had a game decided by an XP, that doesn't mean it can't be a problem in the future especially in the playoffs when we face much better teams.

In the Mahomes era, the Chiefs have won all of their playoff games by a margin of at least 10 points. The one they lost was by 6. So XPs be damned.

And here's my take on Butker's XP misses (not that anyone cares, but I'll lay this out anyway):

He's basically well over 90% making regular ole FGs, but seems to have an issue with XPs. And most miss to the left, IIRC. They all look fine from a trajectory standpoint, they just pull left.

I think it's a technique issue. In other words, i don't think it's mental at all. So I think it's something he'll figure out in due time and it'll just go away. He is very young, right? 22 or 23? He'll sort it out on his own, so i think we can give him a pass.

And at least for this yeari don't see a team that has the firepower to put us in the situation of having to have every XP.

jerryaldini 10-26-2020 08:37 PM

This year Butker has a FG% 8 points higher than league average on 14 attempts, for an excess of 3.4 points.

His EP% is 15 points below average on 24 attempts for a deficit of 3.6 points. It's a wash even with a terrible streak of EP misses.

OKchiefs 11-08-2020 02:44 PM

This one who sucks the penis has to go

milkshock 11-08-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 15312870)

Calm down.

carcosa 11-08-2020 02:45 PM

Quote:

Shut the **** up

kcclone 11-08-2020 02:50 PM

I’m not saying we should cut him, because there isn’t a better option available. But Butker will cost us a seed this year and if he can’t pull his head out before the playoffs.

Pitt Gorilla 11-08-2020 02:56 PM

Quote:

Chief Fan is the absolute worst.

-King- 11-08-2020 03:22 PM

Quote:

Game today is exactly why this was such a bad take. Or maybe we should just wait until it actually does lose us the game to talk about it huh.

PHOG 11-08-2020 03:26 PM

That's all right Patrick was giving him a good stern talkin to, AND the evil eye.

Marcellus 11-08-2020 03:26 PM

Serious question here, had he missed the 55 yarder but made the PAT would you guys be happier?

Sannyasi 11-08-2020 03:29 PM

It might be time to try someone else.

displacedinMN 11-08-2020 03:30 PM

needs some work....something is in his head.

yes, wind today.,...but....

scho63 11-08-2020 03:32 PM

Did Butker miss another PAT?

-King- 11-08-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15313576)
Serious question here, had he missed the 55 yarder but made the PAT would you guys be happier?

It would be more excusable to miss than than to miss an extra point 6 times in 9 games. I don't even get the point of this post. We shouldn't be worried about Butker missing the most extra pointers in the league because he made a 55 yarder?

scho63 11-08-2020 03:35 PM

Can we just move the PAT back to the 40 and let him kick from there?

htismaqe 11-08-2020 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15313519)
Game today is exactly why this was such a bad take. Or maybe we should just wait until it actually does lose us the game to talk about it huh.

The thing is, this game wasn't a loss. It could have been but it wasn't.

The Chargers game absolutely WAS a loss without Butker. He won that game with his leg.

The dude is a top 2 FG kicker in the league. He's Mr. Clutch when the game is on the line.

Are the PAT's a problem? Sure. But you don't trade a guy that is MONEY, especially from 50+, because he struggles with PAT's for a few weeks. Give him time to sort it out.

htismaqe 11-08-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15313649)
It would be more excusable to miss than than to miss an extra point 6 times in 9 games. I don't even get the point of this post. We shouldn't be worried about Butker missing the most extra pointers in the league because he made a 55 yarder?

It isn't just one 55-yarder.

-King- 11-08-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15313653)
The thing is, this game wasn't a loss. It could have been but it wasn't.

The Chargers game absolutely WAS a loss without Butker. He won that game with his leg.

The dude is a top 2 FG kicker in the league. He's Mr. Clutch when the game is on the line.

Are the PAT's a problem? Sure. But you don't trade a guy that is MONEY, especially from 50+, because he struggles with PAT's for a few weeks. Give him time to sort it out.

I didn't say trade him. But it is a big worry right now. It really seems like it's time to start considering going for 2 a lot more often.

htismaqe 11-08-2020 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15313663)
I didn't say trade him. But it is a big worry right now. It really seems like it's time to start considering going for 2 a lot more often.

I know you didn't say that but outside of letting him power through it, what are you going to do?

I mean, you could go for it more but that seems a little short-sighted to just straight up pass up points. He could snap out of it at any time, you gotta just keep feeding him.

-King- 11-08-2020 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15313656)
It isn't just one 55-yarder.

Ok? The chiefs 31st (might be 32nd after this weekend) in the league in extra point percentage. We're 9 games into the season. Are you saying we should wait until we do lose a game to address it or what?

-King- 11-08-2020 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15313674)
I know you didn't say that but outside of letting him power through it, what are you going to do?

I mean, you could go for it more but that seems a little short-sighted to just straight up pass up points. He could snap out of it at any time, you gotta just keep feeding him.

Go for 2 a lot more. I trust Mahomes 100% more to get a 2 yard conversation than I trust Butker to make an XP. If he misses one in the next 2 or 3 weeks after the bye I think going for 2 early in games is the only solution.

Easy 6 11-08-2020 03:44 PM

He'll make you pull your hair out, but we just gotta stay patient with Wild Thing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bBaNdHqC_Yo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JakeF 11-08-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkshock (Post 15312875)
Calm down.

I don't know. I think we should at least look for a better option. Sometimes Butker hooks the ball so badly that he can't

Megatron96 11-08-2020 04:25 PM

Did anyone check the windspeeds today? Maybe notice to GP flags whipping and twisting before some of those kicks?

Tribal Warfare 05-17-2021 03:53 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No player has scored more points (614*) in their first 4 seasons in NFL history than <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> K Harrison Butker.<br><br>That&#39;s why they call him <a href="https://twitter.com/buttkicker7?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@buttkicker7</a>.<br><br>*includes postseason <a href="https://t.co/Hd2yIS5VMi">pic.twitter.com/Hd2yIS5VMi</a></p>&mdash; NFLonCBS (@NFLonCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1394303839944200192?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 17, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chiefspants 11-07-2021 10:32 PM

The dude is an absolute stud.

Butker for President.

Mahomes_Is_God 11-07-2021 11:17 PM

Love my Buttkicker.

el borracho 11-08-2021 12:57 AM

What was the name of the kicker the Chiefs drafted instead of Crosby. Medellin? Meadow? Medusa? Mentos? Medulla Oblongata? Something that began with M.

Crosby was widely considered the top prospect and the Chiefs took some bum instead. It was the only time I remember being annoyed about drafting the wrong kicker.

Anyway, Butker is pretty great.

UK_Chief 11-08-2021 02:40 AM

MVP

ThaVirus 11-08-2021 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 15942147)
What was the name of the kicker the Chiefs drafted instead of Crosby. Medellin? Meadow? Medusa? Mentos? Medulla Oblongata? Something that began with M.

Crosby was widely considered the top prospect and the Chiefs took some bum instead. It was the only time I remember being annoyed about drafting the wrong kicker.

Justin Medlock? Light-skinned dude. That sounds right.

FlorentinePogen 12-13-2021 12:55 PM

Bump because Butker is MONEY. Another 54yd fg yesterday with plenty of room to spare.

scho63 12-13-2021 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen (Post 16006530)
Bump because Butker is MONEY. Another 54yd fg yesterday with plenty of room to spare.

In windy conditions too! :thumb:

Sofa King 12-13-2021 01:04 PM

Yeah, he's a freak.

Deberg_1990 12-13-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 15942147)

Medlock made a career in the CFL

https://www.cfl.ca/players/justin-medlock/149157/

Chiefs drafted him because of Carl’s UCLA connections.

Pitt Gorilla 12-13-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen (Post 16006530)

It was an amazing kick, and I say that without hyperbole. With those winds, I didn't think we should attempt a kick that long. He drilled it.

Pitt Gorilla 12-13-2021 01:43 PM

We have, seemingly, developed and supplied kickers to the rest of the NFL.

Megatron96 12-13-2021 01:52 PM

Butker is the best kicker not named Justin Tucker. If Tucker didn't exist, the NFL as a whole would be consistently telling the world that Butker was the best kicker in football, period.

Amazing that some CPers were weeping about a few missed XPs and demanding he be traded/cut just a little while ago. Dipsticks.

TLO 12-13-2021 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15942286)
Justin Medlock? Light-skinned dude. That sounds right.

I remember that guy. Got cut after week 1 or 2.

jettio 12-13-2021 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 16006610)
It was an amazing kick, and I say that without hyperbole. With those winds, I didn't think we should attempt a kick that long. He drilled it.

It seemed like the wind really messed with Butker's kicks to the other goal post. They faded to the right. Seems like his kicks in that direction of the 54 yd FG stayed straight, so I was expecting him to make it.

Rain Man 12-13-2021 02:29 PM

At some point in the recent past, NFL kicking hit an inflection point. In the past, fans were happy when a kicker made a 50+ yard field goal because they didn't really expect it to be good. Now they're unhappy when a kicker misses a 50+ yard field goal because they expect it to be made. As a result, I think we're too harsh on our kickers.

Butker is the best kicker who ever lived on the planet.

DJ's left nut 12-13-2021 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16006619)
Butker is the best kicker not named Justin Tucker. If Tucker didn't exist, the NFL as a whole would be consistently telling the world that Butker was the best kicker in football, period.

Amazing that some CPers were weeping about a few missed XPs and demanding he be traded/cut just a little while ago. Dipsticks.

Yeah, I'd like to try to make an argument that Butker is better than Tucker but I just can't.

Tucker is unbelievable. He once had a year where he went 10/10 on kicks longer than 50 yards. He's made 174 of 177 kicks inside of 40 yards and 95% of his kicks over his career of less than 50 yards. Oh, and since 2016 he's hit on about 85% of his kicks over 50 yards. He had those 2 weird years where he really struggled from long distances. In those 2 years he missed 11 kicks over 50 yards. He's missed 7 in every other year of his career combined.

Dude's just a monster.

Rain Man 12-13-2021 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16006683)
Yeah, I'd like to try to make an argument that Butker is better than Tucker but I just can't.

Tucker is unbelievable. He once had a year where he went 10/10 on kicks longer than 50 yards. He's made 174 of 177 kicks inside of 40 yards and 95% of his kicks over his career of less than 50 yards. Oh, and since 2016 he's hit on about 85% of his kicks over 50 yards. He had those 2 weird years where he really struggled from long distances. In those 2 years he missed 11 kicks over 50 yards. He's missed 7 in every other year of his career combined.

Dude's just a monster.

And he sings like an angel.

Fortunately, kicking is a function where players don't compete against each other, but rather they compete against perfection. Tucker can be as good as he wants, but if Butker is also near-perfect, I'm happy.

Pitt Gorilla 12-13-2021 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16006619)

You must be new here. Welcome to CP! Who knows? Maybe we "won't sniff the playoffs this year" because "Andy Reid is a terrible coach" and we should "fire Spags"! Is Pat Mahomes "a flash in the pan?" Find out here!

Megatron96 12-13-2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16006683)

Dude's just a monster.

He's basically the Steph Curry of place-kicking. I have a co-worker that's from Maryland, so I've heard every stat Tucker owns, and he owns them all.
And not just during his career or in the last 20 years, but in all of NFL history. And it's not close. At all. Tucker is not human.

Maybe Butkicker is the Larry Bird, whatever. I can live with that. Larry Bird was a beast in his own right. Butker is far better than whoever is third, and that's not terribly close either.

Chiefspants 12-13-2021 03:25 PM

The only criticism I can find of Tucker seem to come from the SDH types of Ravens fans, who argue he's been Kershaw like in his postseason performances (a God in the regular season but critical misses in his playoff opportunities). Most Ravens fans argue it's a sample size/field conditions issue. Their fandom is all hoping he can add a few signature playoff moments to his resume.

That 66 yard field goal just put him in a different category for me. There's Tucker and there's everyone else.

Sofa King 01-30-2022 01:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
LMAO. This guy is awesome.

Tribal Warfare 05-23-2022 08:47 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No player has scored more points (760*) in their first 5 seasons in NFL history than <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> K Harrison Butker.<br><br>That&#39;s why they call him <a href="https://twitter.com/buttkicker7?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@buttkicker7</a>.<br><br>*incl. postseason <a href="https://t.co/PJ6HhwYoRJ">pic.twitter.com/PJ6HhwYoRJ</a></p>&mdash; NFL on CBS 🏈 (@NFLonCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1528842957545082880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 23, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rain Man 05-23-2022 09:45 PM

I hope we remember his 49 yard field goal against the Bills forever. He's the Patrick Mahomes II of kickers.

cmh6476 09-11-2022 03:53 PM

Dude is an effen stud

PHOG 09-11-2022 03:55 PM

One step=54 yd fg :clap:

TLO 10-16-2022 04:06 PM

PBJ

Rainbarrel 10-16-2022 04:09 PM

These guys are going to start making serious bank

Wisconsin_Chief 10-16-2022 04:12 PM

I'd legitimately argue this guy is the third most valuable player on our offense.

thabear04 10-16-2022 04:13 PM

Thank you Panthers for letting the Chiefs steal him from your PS. Two Chiefs Kickers setting new record back to back weeks.

Fish 10-16-2022 04:14 PM

JFC, Buttkicker!

Graystoke 10-16-2022 04:15 PM

ALPHA

Fish 10-16-2022 04:20 PM

And he just turned around and walked away like a boss.

KChiefs1 10-16-2022 06:09 PM

He wasn’t perfect today but glad to have him back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk