ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2017 Saccopoo NFL Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306604)

BossChief 03-21-2017 12:46 PM

With the 14th pick in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft, The Philidelphia Eagles select Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida St

This is a complete against the grain pick for me. I don't like the thought of taking running backs in the first round. In today's NFL they don't hold that much value. Also, passing on what I consider multiple blue chip defenders to take a RB was even more difficult.

Now here's the juice.

For Doug Petersons offense to work effectively and for Carson Wentz to get some breathing room, the offense needs Dalvin Cook.

He's essentially tailor made for the offense.

He can get all of those screen opportunities and turn them into big gains. He's a hell of a running back that hits the hole as its opening up and has the acceleration and breakaway speed to get into the second and third levels of the defense consistently and he's a good pass blocker.

He probably has the potential to be another Jamaal Charles and TBH he reminds me of Charles with every run. The kid says he patterns his game after Jamaal.

I see it as a perfect fit for a young team like Philly with a young QB they are developing in Wentz. This gives him his blankey.

BossChief 03-21-2017 12:49 PM

And sorry, Shun but Watsons a terrible fit for the Cardinals. His deep balls loft in the air and I don't think he has the arm to succeed in that division, whatsoever.

Pick city

staylor26 03-21-2017 12:50 PM

Nice pick Boss. Cook is a great fit.

DJ's left nut 03-21-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12792117)
And sorry, Shun but Watsons a terrible fit for the Cardinals. His deep balls loft in the air and I don't think he has the arm to succeed in that division, whatsoever.

Pick city

Yeah, Watson seems like a pretty poor fit in an Arians system. Kizer would've been my pick there if I had to take a QB (but more realistically, I don't take a QB; I have a 2 year window to take down a winnable division with Carson Palmer under center and Palmer can win me a championship so I capitalize on that window and take a pick that can help me now).

staylor26 03-21-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12792121)
Yeah, Watson seems like a pretty poor fit in an Arians system. Kizer would've been my pick there if I had to take a QB (but more realistically, I don't take a QB; I have a 2 year window to take down a winnable division with Carson Palmer under center and Palmer can win me a championship so I capitalize on that window and take a pick that can help me now).

You gotta believe Arians is praying for Kizer to make it to their 2nd rounder. He's a perfect fit for that offense.

DJ's left nut 03-21-2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12792094)
You know what I keep thinking?

That Andy, John and Pedersen will work a trade for KC to move up into that 14 spot to take Pat Mahomes.

KC knows teams love to trade in front of them to take a QB, so I think they will move up to get one.

I just don't think they want to part with selections in this draft to do it.

They evidently plan on holding private workouts with Trubisky. I can't see a reason to do so if they don't have a trade up at least under consideration.

I don't see any way Trubisky falls to the 20s. So if they move all the way up to 14, don't you think it's likely that Trubisky is the reason why?

The draft will be intriguing as hell this year.

ChiefAshhole1056 03-21-2017 12:59 PM

With the 15th pick in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft, The Indianapolis Colts select Haason Reddick, LB, Temple.

This team is missing a playmaker on defense and I think this is the guy that can make a difference day 1. Play him wherever, we just know we got ourselves a ball player in round 1, something the Colts have been missing these past few years.

DJ's left nut 03-21-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12792123)
You gotta believe Arians is praying for Kizer to make it to their 2nd rounder. He's a perfect fit for that offense.

Yeup. Though with his warts, I'd probably rather take him in the 1st to get the 5th year because he'll need the time to work on those and Palmer probably still has two good years.

If the Cards could move down to 20 and get Kizer, that would be a home run pick for them, IMO.

staylor26 03-21-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056 (Post 12792127)
With the 15th pick in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft, The Indianapolis Colts select Haason Reddick, LB, Temple.

This team is missing a playmaker on defense and I think this is the guy that can make a difference day 1. Play him wherever, we just know we got ourselves a ball player in round 1, something the Colts have been missing these past few years.

Sadly we're going to have to get used to the Colts making good picks like this.

:(

staylor26 03-21-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12792128)
Yeup. Though with his warts, I'd probably rather take him in the 1st to get the 5th year because he'll need the time to work on those and Palmer probably still has two good years.

If the Cards could move down to 20 and get Kizer, that would be a home run pick for them, IMO.

Great point

ChiefAshhole1056 03-21-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12792132)
Sadly we're going to have to get used to the Colts making good picks like this.

:(

Ballard is just trying to make daddy Dorsey proud.

DJ's left nut 03-21-2017 01:10 PM

Elway is furiously working the phones right now but sadly, all circuits are busy.

staylor26 03-21-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12792146)
Elway is furiously working the phones right now but sadly, all circuits are busy.

Try the fax machine horseface :D

Rain Man 03-21-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12792146)

Everyone's probably dialing 911 because Aqib Talib shot someone again.

RunKC 03-21-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12792094)
You know what I keep thinking?

That Andy, John and Pedersen will work a trade for KC to move up into that 14 spot to take Pat Mahomes.

KC knows teams love to trade in front of them to take a QB, so I think they will move up to get one.

I just don't think they want to part with selections in this draft to do it.

I was thinking this same thing, but with the Colts instead of the Eagles. I doubt Andy wants anything to with the Eagles after their management tattled on us and took away our 3rd rd pick.

Enter Chris Ballard, who is really close and respected by our management. The Colts have holes everywhere and it's entirely possible to see Ballard trading with us to acquire more resources to build his team.

It would be a win-win for both franchises.

DJ's left nut 03-21-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12792158)
I was thinking this same thing, but with the Colts instead of the Eagles. I doubt Andy wants anything to with the Eagles after their management tattled on us and took away our 3rd rd pick.

Enter Chris Ballard, who is really close and respected by our management. The Colts have holes everywhere and it's entirely possible to see Ballard trading with us to acquire more resources to build his team.

If we sent them Tyler Bray for a 2nd round pick, I wonder if the national news media would insist that its collusion and demand a league investigation. Or would we need to send a decaying veteran linebacker with him? Zombo and Bray for their 2nd?

****ing hell I hate the Patriots and their mindless drones in the media. Please, Heath Evans, you ****ing drooling reerun, tell me more about how great everything Pat is.

staylor26 03-21-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12792158)

Why don't you participate in the mock Run?

Sfeihc 03-21-2017 01:27 PM

The Baltimore Ravens select Corey Davis, WR, WMU.

The Washington Redskins select Jabrill Peppers, STUD, Michigan

RunKC 03-21-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12792177)
Why don't you participate in the mock Run?

It was already filled up. All good tho

RealSNR 03-21-2017 01:28 PM

When is the last time we had 2+ RBs go in the 1st round? Do we have to go all the way back to that Brown/Benson/Cadillac draft?

staylor26 03-21-2017 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12792191)
It was already filled up. All good tho

Ohh gotcha. Thought it was by choice.

RealSNR 03-21-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 12792189)
The Baltimore Ravens select Corey Davis, WR, WMU.

The Washington Redskins select Jabrill Peppers, STUD, Michigan

What the **** is a STUD?

The Franchise 03-21-2017 01:31 PM

Quantify his position, mother****er. That way if he flames out....we can all laugh at you.

RealSNR 03-21-2017 01:35 PM

I'm going to kill some random GM and take his place until the draft. I'm going to draft Peppers and then convert him to H-back. Just to **** with Sfeihc

BossChief 03-21-2017 01:35 PM

Peppers plays a lot of positions, though.

He can be a safety, running back, LB, corner...it's tough to label that guy as just a safety...

Sfeihc 03-21-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12792195)
What the **** is a STUD?

I love winning the draft with one pick.:)

If Balty had something at WR, Peppers would have been a Raven.

RealSNR 03-21-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 12792204)
I love winning the draft with one pick.:)

If Balty had something at WR, Peppers would have been a Raven.

I do like the Davis pick. I really thought about taking him at 7 for the Chargers. I think he'll end up being the best WR in this draft class

The Franchise 03-21-2017 01:37 PM

Fixed.

CleveSteve 03-21-2017 01:39 PM

Gurley and gordon

Sfeihc 03-21-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12792207)
I do like the Davis pick. I really thought about taking him at 7 for the Chargers. I think he'll end up being the best WR in this draft class

I never recall going full :homer: like this in the Sacc Mock but these guys are incredible players.

The Franchise 03-21-2017 01:45 PM

Who's the next highest rated player from Alabama?

staylor26 03-21-2017 01:52 PM

Yea Davis is a steal there. It was hard to take Ross over him, but he's just simply a better fit with Thomas already in the fold.

TambaBerry 03-21-2017 02:10 PM

Our first controversial pick nice

TambaBerry 03-21-2017 02:10 PM

I kind of hate my pick for the Bengals now

The Franchise 03-21-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12792254)

I would have gone with Mike Williams for the Bengals.

staylor26 03-21-2017 02:14 PM

Williams/Green/Eifert

Green/Howard/Eifert

Can't really go wrong there, but I wish you wouldn't have taken Howard so I could've.

RealSNR 03-21-2017 02:15 PM

I liked the way you had it listed before, Pesty.

The Franchise 03-21-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12792261)
I liked the way you had it listed before, Pesty.

Corrected.

CleveSteve 03-21-2017 02:32 PM

I think cafan works second shift, right? Too bad. This pick seems like a slam dunk to me.

CleveSteve 03-21-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12792254)

I wouldn't. Can't see how any team could hate adding Howard to their roster regardless of what else they have. There is literally no team in the NFL that Howard would be a bad pick for IMO. Not Seattle, not New England, not KC, nobody.

JMO.

Direckshun 03-21-2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 12792278)
I think cafan works second shift, right? Too bad. This pick seems like a slam dunk to me.

They should draft a tackle in the first round this year.

Direckshun 03-21-2017 03:00 PM

I'm legit excited to see BossChief's picks for the Chiefs this year. BC has been money talking about the Chiefs the past two years.

CleveSteve 03-21-2017 03:02 PM

Man I'm gonna get killed for this Tampa pick coming up

CleveSteve 03-21-2017 03:03 PM

Backwards Chiefs is working on making an entire defense made up of Su'a Cravenses

The Franchise 03-21-2017 03:07 PM

23 and 25 are going to **** BossChief over. Watch.

chiefscafan 03-21-2017 03:09 PM

I'm here stepped away for a bit got kind of killed on my pick here five guys I wanted just got taken

DJ's left nut 03-21-2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12792313)

I almost want to take Mahomes for the Broncos just to watch the world burn.

chiefscafan 03-21-2017 03:18 PM

The Tennessee Titans select Zach Cunningham , ILB, Vanderbilt

Take local product the tackling machine to bolster the Titan D and be the coach on the field for Dick Lebeau's D.

Pm sent

CleveSteve 03-21-2017 03:20 PM

With the 19th pick in the 2017 CP Mock Draft,

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Cam Robinson, Tackle, Alabama.

http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2...pg?w=750&h=450

Denver is OTC. PM sent to DJLN.

BossChief 03-21-2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12792313)

Nope.

This draft is too deep for KC to get screwed over by a couple choices.

I have my preferences for a few specific players, but I'm prepared to make this a probowl quality roster with the chance to stay in the Super Bowl picture for the next decade with this draft.

Quesadilla Joe 03-21-2017 03:23 PM

I'd be really happy if this how the actual draft fell. There are like 4 or 5 guys left that I'd be happy with.

chiefscafan 03-21-2017 03:23 PM

Ok not sure if that was who you were talking bout clev. But thought he is a great potential player in this league

The Franchise 03-21-2017 03:24 PM

I would have gone CB for the Titans.

chiefscafan 03-21-2017 03:24 PM

Me too with the way this is falling potentially great players are falling to chiefs.

chiefscafan 03-21-2017 03:26 PM

I thought bout it pest but the CB depth is great in this draft . Feel I can get someone quality later. Truthfully Titans need a leader in the middle and I like Cunningham. Even though I'm in the QB first round camp wouldn't mind having the talented Cunningham leading us for a decade.

DJ's left nut 03-21-2017 03:28 PM

Look here, you horsefaced mother****er. THIS is why you don't spend 3 seasons ignoring both bookends on your offensive line and creating a gaping void that I have no goddamn choice but to fill for you.

Whatever....prick. I'll do your job for you and find someone that should be able to play LT at at least an average level or at worst be a good RT. Which is fine because you have NEITHER. And no, don't even talk to me about Donald Stephenson 2.0 (Menelik Watson). Oh, and thank the Bucs for taking the guy that's probably not going to be able to play the left side anyway, had he taken this guy, you'd have been up shit's creek and ended up having to take Sac's sweet baboo and then taken him out for senior night as I think he's already 37 years old.

Horseface selects - Ryan Ramczyk, OT - Wis.

I shall now sit here and pout as better players are selected. **** you, Elway. Again.

CleveSteve 03-21-2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12792339)
I would have gone CB for the Titans.

ditto

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 12792344)
I thought bout it pest but the CB depth is great in this draft . Feel I can get someone quality later.

probably right

DJ's left nut 03-21-2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 12792344)
I thought bout it pest but the CB depth is great in this draft.

Yeah, I think SF got the pick of the liter on them, but we'll probably still regret going CB at that point because there's going to be a top 15 caliber CB available for them with their 2nd at this rate.

Lots of CB talent still available.

Should've probably taken the gamble on Allen and gamed the draft a little more at CB.

CleveSteve 03-21-2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12792345)
Look here, you horsefaced mother****er. THIS is why you don't spend 3 seasons ignoring both bookends on your offensive line and creating a gaping void that I have no goddamn choice but to fill for you.

Whatever....prick. I'll do your job for you and find someone that should be able to play LT at at least an average level or at worst be a good RT. Which is fine because you have NEITHER. And no, don't even talk to me about Donald Stephenson 2.0 (Menelik Watson). Oh, and thank the Bucs for taking the guy that's probably not going to be able to play the left side anyway, had he taken this guy, you'd have been up shit's creek and ended up having to take Sac's sweet baboo and then taken him out for senior night as I think he's already 37 years old.

I shall now sit here and pout as better players are selected. **** you, Elway. Again.

ROFL

Myles Garrett disagrees with you, though.

Quesadilla Joe 03-21-2017 03:32 PM

http://i65.tinypic.com/28i5n3r.png

chiefscafan 03-21-2017 03:34 PM

Makes sense

Still Cunningham is great

DJ's left nut 03-21-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 12792349)
ROFL

Myles Garrett disagrees with you, though.

Eh, had you gone with Ramczyk, I'd have gone Robinson and taken the chance. We learned with Allen that sometimes just being really goddamn wide is all you need as an OT because it literally takes another step to get around your girth. Jeff Allen couldn't stay in front of anyone but they'd have to spend enough time trying to find where his mass stopped that the QB could get the ball off and he was generally an effective OT.

Now that won't translate quite as well to the left side, but it still counts for something. Robinson's a hell of a high upside guy and I was going back and forth for a bit before settling on Ramczyk, but I could've easily changed up again before you made the decision for me.

RealSNR 03-21-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Somebody send this to Horseface. That would be funny

TambaBerry 03-21-2017 03:58 PM

I'm here, just got home turning my computer on and will be making a pick

BossChief 03-21-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

The hilarious thing is I think that's who they might actually pick. Lol. Pretty much for the reasons you posted.

Well done.

TambaBerry 03-21-2017 04:09 PM

This is a super tough pick, they need help in a lot of places

kccrow 03-21-2017 04:11 PM

Thanks for making my pick guys, I got super ****ing sick and have been in bed throwing up for about 2 straight days. Finally rolled my ass out to check on shit and realized this started.
For the record, I would not have picked an ILB at #7. I would have taken another player that happens to still be on the board, so I'll let you know who when they are selected.

TambaBerry 03-21-2017 04:20 PM

I struggled between three different players for the Lions here. I will mention them when they get taken off the board. My gut is telling me to go with this guy though.

Detroit Lions Select Marlon Humphreys CB Alabama

staylor26 03-21-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12792390)
I struggled between three different players for the Lions here. I will mention them when they get taken off the board. My gut is telling me to go with this guy though.

Nice pick. I was considering this guy at 11. He reminds me of Landon Collins in that he is being labeled negatively as a typical Alabama DB prospect. I think he'll be another exception to the rule. Loved how he competed with Mike Williams in the NC game.

TambaBerry 03-21-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12792397)
Nice pick. I was considering this guy at 11. He reminds me of Landon Collins in that he is being labeled negatively as a typical Alabama DB prospect. I think he'll be another exception to the rule.

He is super athletic and has the long arms that help CB out immensely. There is just one guy that I think could be a difference maker on defense that I thought really hard about though too.

DJ's left nut 03-21-2017 04:28 PM

Well my bad - I dry fired a PM to Chiefscafan instead of Tambaberry. Doesn't seem to have mattered but I'm not sure why the hell I did that.

ChiefAshhole1056 03-21-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12792390)

Yep, he was the alternative pick for Indy.

The Franchise 03-21-2017 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12792403)
Well my bad - I dry fired a PM to Chiefscafan instead of Tambaberry. Doesn't seem to have mattered but I'm not sure why the hell I did that.

You were apparently so pissed about having to take an OT....it fried your brain.

DJ's left nut 03-21-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12792399)
He is super athletic and has the long arms that help CB out immensely. There is just one guy that I think could be a difference maker on defense that I thought really hard about though too.

I was going to go back to back CBs if he somehow slipped to SF. Should've gone to TN, in all honesty. They're right on the cusp and had Davis, Ross or Williams slid to them that would've been perfect. Barring that, I think CB would've been the best match and also happened to have the most talented player left on the board.

Thought about going that route with Denver because Talib's probably in his last year there and I think Roby out wide is a hell of a risk for them. As a pure BPA pick, he was the choice. As a mix of BPA and need, there are a couple other guys still there that I'd have preferred.

But alas, none of those choices were really available for me.

RealSNR 03-21-2017 04:49 PM

It's a dolphin wearing a ****ing helmet

https://media.giphy.com/media/uuthbuvuTJ5Vm/giphy.gif

The Franchise 03-21-2017 04:51 PM

I fully expect Direckshun to take Davis Webb here.

CleveSteve 03-21-2017 04:55 PM

Yeah Humphrey is who I assumed was going to Tennessee as well.

kccrow 03-21-2017 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12792423)

At least he won't be taking an ILB at #7. :)

CleveSteve 03-21-2017 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12792423)

Hasn't been drafted yet. Strip yourself of your non existent draft picks

Direckshun 03-21-2017 05:59 PM

Check out this DL I just completed.

The Miami Dolphins select Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State.