ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Wonder Woman (2017) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301002)

keg in kc 05-14-2017 10:29 AM

Word's out that is has screened for critics and although it's embargoed the reaction was very positive. I reiterate that this was critics, and not just Hollywood insiders all jerking each other off like you usually get with early reactions. Still dark like prior DC movies, but with more light and hope, however that works. Biggest props for Patty Jenkins (no surprise...) and Gal Godot.

CoMoChief 05-15-2017 10:06 AM

She's so hot.

Sure-Oz 05-15-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12871854)
Word's out that is has screened for critics and although it's embargoed the reaction was very positive. I reiterate that this was critics, and not just Hollywood insiders all jerking each other off like you usually get with early reactions. Still dark like prior DC movies, but with more light and hope, however that works. Biggest props for Patty Jenkins (no surprise...) and Gal Godot.

This is good..can't wait. heard it's 2 hr 21 min

keg in kc 05-15-2017 11:40 AM

Yeah, same length as man of steel apparently. Forgot to include that yesterday.

thabear04 05-16-2017 11:33 AM

Spoiler!

Deberg_1990 05-16-2017 05:20 PM

All I know is WB is marketing the hell out of this. I see commercials for it constantly

They must feel good about it.

munkey 05-16-2017 09:11 PM

Looks awesome to me...I think she's the perfect fit for the part.

CoMoChief 05-16-2017 09:26 PM

Batgirl....
:shake::shake:

Just Passin' By 05-18-2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 12875940)
All I know is WB is marketing the hell out of this. I see commercials for it constantly

They must feel good about it.

They need it to be good. B v. S and Suicide Squad were both bad movies that cashed in on the name recognition. D.C. can't rely on that to keep happening as things move forward.

Hawk 05-19-2017 09:10 AM

Early reactions from critics are very positive for this movie. Looks like it may be a good one!

listopencil 05-20-2017 08:08 PM

I guess I have been derping along regarding the Wonder Woman mythos for while. I never got into comic books as a kid. I started reading at a very early age and I didn't appreciate comic book art, so comic books were a gigantic waste to me. I wasn't willing to 'waste' the money for a couple of minutes of reading time when a book could easily last me a few hours-or a few days when I was busy. I gathered my superhero impressions from TV and movies. I did thoroughly enjoy Lynda Carter on the old TV show but most of the WW stuff I saw...meh. She looked weak. I guess she is now closer to the Superman power level? I watched Batman Versus Superman and she was the most interesting character. Looked pretty bad ass. I like what I am seeing from the trailers and the bits and pieces online. And Gal Gadot looks a lot better then I thought she would in the role. It looks like they've done a pretty good job of making an origin movie for her. I'll go see it.

listopencil 05-20-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 12880436)
They need it to be good. B v. S and Suicide Squad were both bad movies that cashed in on the name recognition. D.C. can't rely on that to keep happening as things move forward.

I have only seen the extended version of BvS. I was not impressed. I was not impressed with Suicide Squad either, I was actually frustrated by it. I walked away with the impression that there was a really good movie in there that got lost along the way.

listopencil 05-20-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 12876556)
Batgirl....
:shake::shake:

Yeaaaaah...sounds like that and Flash are just going to be shit.

Sure-Oz 05-20-2017 08:52 PM

The WW animated movie is good too. DC makes really good animated movies. I hope this jump starts the dceu movies going forward. BvS extended was not bad but I'm a fan...it should've been way better. Hope Justice League carries the momentum after WW which everyone thinks is the best dceu movie easily.

Sure-Oz 05-20-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12882603)
Yeaaaaah...sounds like that and Flash are just going to be shit.

Kindve early to say...Flash doesn't have a director yet and whedon is doing Batgirl. Matt Reeves on for The Batman and Aquaman may be badass.

Sure-Oz 05-20-2017 08:56 PM

The "DC hater" says this about WW

@andysignore: Wow the hype is real. @WonderWomanFilm is Truly Wonderful! I totally loved it! Bravo @PattyJenks @DCComics @geoffjohns @GalGadot https://twitter.com/andysignore/stat...747456/photo/1

Deberg_1990 05-20-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12882654)
Kindve early to say...Flash doesn't have a director yet and whedon is doing Batgirl. Matt Reeves on for The Batman and Aquaman may be badass.

Last I saw it was Matthew Vaughn or Zemeckis. Either would be great but personally both are above the material and don't need a movie like this.

Sure-Oz 05-20-2017 09:03 PM

@andysignore: I'd say #WonderWoman is in par w/ #Logan - it's just totally different... #Logan is more serious. BUT they're both better than #Guardians2 https://twitter.com/bokuwahmz/status/866061764718243840

Sure-Oz 05-20-2017 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 12882660)
Last I saw it was Matthew Vaughn or Zemeckis. Either would be great but personally both are above the material and don't need a movie like this.

Sure don't...but glad they're likely going to do it. I'm ready for war for the planet of the apes

listopencil 05-20-2017 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12882654)

Out of those Aquaman sounds interesting-only because of what I've seen recently done with the character.

unlurking 05-20-2017 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 12882660)

Above it? Matthew Vaughn has a history of comic book movies. Kingsman, Fantastic Four, Kick-Ass, X-Men, sequels. He's not above comic book movies, they're his wheel house.

Deberg_1990 05-20-2017 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 12882675)
Above it? Matthew Vaughn has a history of comic book movies. Kingsman, Fantastic Four, Kick-Ass, X-Men, sequels. He's not above comic book movies, they're his wheel house.

I know and either one would elevate the material

I was just trying to say they should give it to someone who's up and coming or needs a career boost.

2112 05-21-2017 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12882673)
Out of those Aquaman sounds interesting-only because of what I've seen recently done with the character.

Yes, growing up I got my opinion of aquaman from the 60's cartoon super man/super boy/batman and aquaman hour. All he did was throw water balls under water which did nothing, ride a sea horse and use his doctor Doolittle skills. Now he has superhuman strength and can swim over 100 mph under water lol now that's impressive

unlurking 05-21-2017 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 12882681)
I know and either one would elevate the material

I was just trying to say they should give it to someone who's up and coming or needs a career boost.

Ahhh, gotcha. I agree with you, DC needs Vaugh much more than Vaughn needs DC. They need a few homeruns, and hopefully Wonder Woman is the first and not the last.

I think Marvel can afford to offer projects to up and comers, because their universe is pretty solidly built and Feige seems to have a pretty well defined plan. It actually works well for them, to bring in fresh ideas to keep their universe from becoming stale. I don't think DC has that luxury yet.

Sure-Oz 05-21-2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D2112 (Post 12882807)
Yes, growing up I got my opinion of aquaman from the 60's cartoon super man/super boy/batman and aquaman hour. All he did was throw water balls under water which did nothing, ride a sea horse and use his doctor Doolittle skills. Now he has superhuman strength and can swim over 100 mph under water lol now that's impressive

He's pretty badass in the comics too. The campy cartoons definitely made him look like a pussy

Sure-Oz 05-29-2017 10:40 PM

Review embargo lifted... currently at 97% RT on 70 reviews. Yes...this movie will be good!

Frazod 05-30-2017 06:56 PM

Still think she's too bony to be Wonder Woman.

Sure-Oz 05-30-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12894670)

Are you going to see the movie? It doesn't bother me at all...i think she looks good. sure some pics she looks bony and some comics she's ripped. This image I liked the comparison..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d573046dce.jpg

Tribal Warfare 05-30-2017 07:25 PM

Quote:

Yep, boycotting this and The Flash movie because of casting

unlurking 05-31-2017 06:14 AM

Growing up, Linda Carter was WW to me. There will never be another.

Although I will still see this, considering it will apparently be DC's first good movie?

Hawk 05-31-2017 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12894702)

Wouldn't it make more sense to actually see the movies before deciding whether you like the casting?

InChiefsHeaven 05-31-2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 12895057)
Growing up, Linda Carter was WW to me. There will never be another.

Although I will still see this, considering it will apparently be DC's first good movie?

+1 on Linda Carter.

What makes anyone think this will be DC's first good movie? I don't even have high hopes for it, it looks like Captain America meets Superman.

DVD release at bare minimum.

Sure-Oz 05-31-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 12895163)
Wouldn't it make more sense to actually see the movies before deciding whether you like the casting?

Lol you'd think but everyone has their reason to not like or want to see a movie even if it's praised by most critics or viewers which is fine.

Sure-Oz 05-31-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 12895190)
+1 on Linda Carter.

What makes anyone think this will be DC's first good movie? I don't even have high hopes for it, it looks like Captain America meets Superman.

Maybe you'll be surprised later if you rent it

sully1983 05-31-2017 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12893843)
Review embargo lifted... currently at 97% RT on 70 reviews. Yes...this movie will be good!

Okay I was a bit skeptical at first due to DC's recent track record but now I'm in! Definitely will check this out opening weekend

Sure-Oz 05-31-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 12895317)
Okay I was a bit skeptical at first due to DC's recent track record but now I'm in! Definitely will check this out opening weekend

82 reviews at 96% got my tix for Sunday

The Franchise 05-31-2017 11:06 AM

Until proven otherwise.....DC movies are a DVD rental for me. I haven't seen a DC movie in the theaters since TDKR.

InChiefsHeaven 05-31-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12895216)
Maybe you'll be surprised later if you rent it

I hope so.

lawrenceRaider 05-31-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12895372)
Until proven otherwise.....DC movies are a DVD rental for me. I haven't seen a DC movie in the theaters since TDKR.

I only see a couple movies a year at the theater. With a projector at home and a reasonably decent sound system, it's not worth the hassle and uncomfortable seats. I saw more when we lived in Texas. Much nicer theaters and recliner seats. Wichita theaters suck, except for one that is for 21+ only, so I can't take the kids.

I still might see this one at the theater.

Mr. Plow 05-31-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12895372)

Same for me. I've seen a couple in the theaters, but each was a movie I would have been fine waiting for on DVD. Suicide Squad was the last DC movie I see in theaters until they put something out worth paying for.

WW may be it, but I'm going to wait awhile before considering it. Looks decent, but DC has tricked me with previews before.

Mr. Plow 05-31-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 12895452)
I only see a couple movies a year at the theater. With a projector at home and a reasonably decent sound system, it's not worth the hassle and uncomfortable seats. I saw more when we lived in Texas. Much nicer theaters and recliner seats. Wichita theaters suck, except for one that is for 21+ only, so I can't take the kids.

I still might see this one at the theater.

The Warren on the west side is a nice theater. Always liked that one. The Warren on the east side of town makes a good adult date - buy tickets to the balcony (21+ only), show up a little early, drink at the bar, then relax and watch your movie.

Frazod 05-31-2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12894697)
Are you going to see the movie? It doesn't bother me at all...i think she looks good. sure some pics she looks bony and some comics she's ripped. This image I liked the comparison..

I'll still probably go see it - especially since it's reviewing so well. I also like the period piece angle, and Chris Pine playing Captain Kirk in World War I should be entertaining. I also hope that since it's set 100 years in the past this one will focus more on human elements and not devolve into yet another silly overblown CGI shitfest, because frankly I'm getting really tired of that.

And Gal's obviously beautiful and talented - she's just not what I picture as Wonder Woman. Again, THIS is what I picture as Wonder Woman:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-I...2/caranoww.jpg

Oh well.

But, I also remember thinking that Michael Keaton would make a shitty Batman, and that worked out just fine.

Just Passin' By 05-31-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12895346)
82 reviews at 96% got my tix for Sunday

Early reviews for one of the earlier two were misleading, as the numbers came down soon after, and the feminist approval bump angle (see Ghostbusters) is also problematic.

I do hope you enjoy the movie, though.

unlurking 05-31-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 12895472)
Same for me. I've seen a couple in the theaters, but each was a movie I would have been fine waiting for on DVD. Suicide Squad was the last DC movie I see in theaters until they put something out worth paying for.

WW may be it, but I'm going to wait awhile before considering it. Looks decent, but DC has tricked me with previews before.

Last DC movie I saw in the theater was Superman 2.

Rep for Millpool!

unlurking 05-31-2017 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 12895190)
+1 on Linda Carter.

Until the very last trailer I was actually pretty impressed. Her movements in a couple of the action sequences look like really bad CGI slomo. But it is getting good reviews. Still won't be an opening weekend jaunt for me, but a matinee 3 weeks out should be fine.

Hawk 06-01-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12895485)
I'll still probably go see it - especially since it's reviewing so well. I also like the period piece angle, and Chris Pine playing Captain Kirk in World War I should be entertaining. I also hope that since it's set 100 years in the past this one will focus more on human elements and not devolve into yet another silly overblown CGI shitfest, because frankly I'm getting really tired of that.

And Gal's obviously beautiful and talented - she's just not what I picture as Wonder Woman. Again, THIS is what I picture as Wonder Woman:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-I...2/caranoww.jpg

Oh well.

But, I also remember thinking that Michael Keaton would make a shitty Batman, and that worked out just fine.

Hmmm, I would MUCH rather see Gal Gadot than a butch woman like that.

Frazod 06-01-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 12896921)
Hmmm, I would MUCH rather see Gal Gadot than a butch woman like that.

She's supposed to be an AMAZON. When I think of what an Amazon would like like, words like slight, thin and bony don't come to mind.

And if this is your idea of "butch," I'll take it all day long.

https://graphicpolicy.files.wordpres...ina-carano.jpg

The Franchise 06-01-2017 03:30 PM

Gina Carano. So hot....and so could destroy me if she wanted to.

BWillie 06-01-2017 03:39 PM

Love skinny women, so Gal Gadot looks awesome to me. I don't care about comics and how they adapt though.

Sure-Oz 06-01-2017 03:55 PM

160 reviews 93%, I'm surprised

Munson 06-01-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12897125)
She's supposed to be an AMAZON. When I think of what an Amazon would like like, words like slight, thin and bony don't come to mind.

She played "Angel Dust" in Deadpool for those who don't know.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/26289e14c...snxfo4_500.gif

Hammock Parties 06-01-2017 04:18 PM

can't lose weight though huh tubby?

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c5&oe=59B4C02E

RobBlake 06-01-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12897247)
can't lose weight though huh tubby?

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c5&oe=59B4C02E

Says the person that wears a fedora in the gym

Hammock Parties 06-01-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 12897258)
Says the person that wears a fedora in the gym

that was from a vice article, dumbass

RobBlake 06-01-2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12897287)
that was from a vice article, dumbass

Just love me

Anyong Bluth 06-01-2017 11:43 PM

Got a free ticket. It's enjoyable.
I'd give it a B-, but not for any glaring criticism.

Gal was good, I really liked her in the role overall.
The end villain casting didn't work for me.
It's definitely got some parts that drag.
Ultimately, I think it just suffers from being a good but recycled movie.

A few lines that were hokey, but some decent humor.

Some of the cinematography I really really liked.
Visual effects at times were really good! A couple of scenes the motion looks off.
I don't care for how they created the lasso. It sticks out even for being magic and glowing.
Snyder always mutes a lot of his colors in his films. The lasso seems like it didn't get the same muted color. It's like if you set your tv to cinema, but then put the lasso on the vivid setting.

I'm probably being more nitpicky, and that's a result of the gluttony of comic book films. Plus, I have always preferred established stories over the origin story.

Most amusing thing was the gay dude super drunk and wearing part of WW's costume. He was easily the most excited person about finally getting to see the flick.

I don't think people will come away hating it, but plenty may not find a lot to love.

unlurking 06-02-2017 06:03 AM

Thought this was funny...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Image #1 is a letter to the mayor of Austin from an angry fella over the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WonderWoman?src=hash">#WonderWoman</a> screening. Image #2 is the mayor&#39;s awesome response. <a href="https://t.co/fPQBLcOHnv">pic.twitter.com/fPQBLcOHnv</a></p>&mdash; Jamal Washington (@jamal_wash) <a href="https://twitter.com/jamal_wash/status/870503549209264128">June 2, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hammock Parties 06-02-2017 10:25 AM

The overreaction from both sides is flaming stupidity.

There weren't any women-only screenings for Aliens. That's the most feminist action film of all time. It's literally about two mothers fighting to survive.

Everything is ****ing ruined and used as a political tool now, though. ****ing christ, people.

sully1983 06-02-2017 02:58 PM

Thought it was a lot of fun (could have been shorter though but I realize there was a lot to cover in origin films so thats just a minor complaint) . Gal was flat out badass. And Pine was great too as the co star.

Finally a good non Nolan DC film! I would recommend seeing this in theaters .

mr. tegu 06-02-2017 09:19 PM

I really liked it. My wife really really liked it. A few spots got a bit bogged down but nothing horrible. Gal was really good. She seemed athletic and very believable as far as being able to move like the character does.

I am still mad that they revealed Wonder Woman in the trailer for Batman vs Superman. Seeing her for the first time out of nowhere in that movie would have been awesome.

Also, there is no after credits scene.

This isn't really a spoiler, it's just a question related to Batman vs Superman but just to be sure:

Spoiler!

Bowser 06-02-2017 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12897125)

https://media.giphy.com/media/setzOycBEOMJa/giphy.gif

Rams Fan 06-02-2017 11:56 PM

I liked it. It doesn't feel like it's incredibly forced and shooing in Justice League. It's much different than Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad. There's humor, but it seems appropriate, and it's not overly dark.

keg in kc 06-03-2017 10:07 PM

Favorite DC movie so far. I'm someone who's found something to like in all of them, but this was a good movie in every way. I'd put it on par with any of the best Marvel movies to date, and I think it'll age better than most of those, especially the early ones.

DaveNull 06-03-2017 10:31 PM

Yeah, this was as good as the first Cap movie for sure.

Sure-Oz 06-04-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12901178)
Favorite DC movie so far. I'm someone who's found something to like in all of them, but this was a good movie in every way. I'd put it on par with any of the best Marvel movies to date, and I think it'll age better than most of those, especially the early ones.

Yes it was fantastic and really enjoyed it! Plan to see again with friends! Definitely the best DC movie and worth the RT score imho. At worst it's an 8. Well done.

Sure-Oz 06-04-2017 02:04 PM

Mr Tegu, yes he was

mr. tegu 06-04-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12901678)
Mr Tegu, yes he was

Cool, thanks. I never noticed that or saw it mentioned. Glad to hear they had him and that story planned far enough in advance to do that.

Amnorix 06-04-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12894702)

Then you're doing yourself a grave disservice really. At least on WW.

Amnorix 06-04-2017 07:20 PM

Really, really good movie. Just a whole lot to like about it. DC finally lightened things up, instead of the super dark/depressing crap they have been throwing at us. It was also better organized and had better pacing than most of their recent stuff. Bogged down a bit here and there, but just a bit.

And Gal Gadot. Jesus. I could definitely look at her all day long!

Coochie liquor 06-04-2017 07:22 PM

Just got back from watching this, and really liked it. WW is a badass all the way. Liked the twist with the main villain, and thought it was very well done. Also saw a trailer for a movie called Valeria (I think), and it looked awesome too!

Sorce 06-05-2017 07:42 AM

Saw it this weekend, and really like it. I thought it was well paced, had a few lighter moments and overall was just enjoyable. The only part I didn't like as much was the final boss battle.

Spoiler!

Pennywise 06-05-2017 09:07 AM

It's pretty hard not to like a chick that ropes. Plus she gives out super fast hand jobs.

Halfcan 06-05-2017 01:21 PM

I will probably watch this for free once it makes to the public library.

Sure-Oz 06-05-2017 05:28 PM

@ginacarano: Sweet Congratulations @GalGadot & @PattyJenks for such a dominating weekend #WonderWoman ❤️what a breath of fresh air, our spirits R lifted.

Rausch 06-05-2017 05:49 PM

I'm not a big fan and don't plan to see it on the big screen but 6 coworkers went and they all loved it.

Whatever politics is apparently tagged on to this is purely projection from what they say.

3 Batman fans told me this was the best DCCU film so far...

Frazod 06-05-2017 06:20 PM

I'm going to see it next weekend. Just waiting for the crowds to die down a bit.

Rausch 06-05-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

I won't be watching this with the wife.

I suspect it will get quite "bony."

Anyong Bluth 06-05-2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12903454)
I'm not a big fan and don't plan to see it on the big screen but 6 coworkers went and they all loved it.

Whatever politics is apparently tagged on to this is purely projection from what they say.

3 Batman fans told me this was the best DCCU film so far...

Are people politicizing WW? I can honestly say that you have to be reaching at nothing if you watch that movie and walk away from it thinking it's got a political lean meant to send a message about current day crap.

Rausch 06-05-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12903885)
Are people politicizing WW? I can honestly say that you have to be reaching at nothing if you watch that movie and walk away from it thinking it's got a political lean meant to send a message about current day crap.

Out front: I'm a Marvel fanboy.

That said their comix are complete $3it, horrible writing (by some really good writers,) and clearly pushed political agendas wrapped in the names of better characters.

I quit buying, and while I'm not buying DC I'd guess about 50% of the people my age that were Marvel readers (35-45) have completely given up and looked to DC.

I haven't watched the film yet but no one I've talked to disliked it. In fact, most said it was their best outing. If DC can purge themselves of this Snyder-ing of every movie and diversify they can come off big winners in the next two years...

Sure-Oz 06-05-2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12903915)
Out front: I'm a Marvel fanboy.

That said their comix are complete $3it, horrible writing (by some really good writers,) and clearly pushed political agendas wrapped in the names of better characters.

I quit buying, and while I'm not buying DC I'd guess about 50% of the people my age that were Marvel readers (35-45) have completely given up and looked to DC.

I haven't watched the film yet but no one I've talked to disliked it. In fact, most said it was their best outing. If DC can purge themselves of this Snyder-ing of every movie and diversify they can come off big winners in the next two years...

I read both Marvel and DC...love both. Snyder definitely has visuals but not as good with story's. Hopefully Justice League will be good. I'm glad WW was great imo. Gave me hope for the dceu going forward.