ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The Official NEW (new)^3 conference realignment & shit talk thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285386)

alnorth 08-08-2014 05:44 PM

OK, I just finished the highlights. Not surprisingly, the media is screwing up the reporting on this. (ESPN said the judge ruled that the NCAA can not restrict compensation to college athletes, which is just simply dead wrong)

This was a win for the players, but the NCAA was able to limit the damages. The NCAA must compensate FBS football and D1 men's basketball players for their name, image, and likeness, but she ruled that they can restrict this compensation to $5,000 per year, and that they can hold the money in trust for the player until they leave school, rather than paying the player while in school.

What happened was this: the NCAA was arguing that they didn't have to pay the players at all for their image, name, and likeness, and the players were basically arguing for no restrictions which may have led to the wild, wild west where schools could offer big money to recruits. The judge disagreed with the NCAA and ruled that they were violating the Sherman Act. However, the NCAA had a backup plan. They argued that although they do not believe the players should win, in the event that the court disagreed, the NCAA came up with a possible remedy and asked the judge to limit the remedy to that. The judge looked at the NCAA's proposed remedy, thought it was reasonable, and told the players they had to accept the NCAA's offered remedy.

So basically the NCAA came up with the remedy that the judge is now imposing. In court NCAA witnesses testified that if they were able to limit payments for players likeness to only "a few thousand per year", then their concerns would be mostly mitigated. The judge took "a few thousand" to mean "$5,000".

alnorth 08-08-2014 05:54 PM

The only argument that the judge took somewhat seriously was the idea that if rich schools could pay recruits a tremendous amount of money, then that could hurt demand and competitiveness for the sport, which is why she agreed that the NCAA had a very good, legitimate reason to limit it to $5,000/year above the financial aid. I imagine that number will need to go up with inflation and higher TV deals.

That whole nonsense about needing to preserve amateurism was laughed off and quickly dismissed in the ruling.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-08-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10803636)
I just figured out Pasta is PGM. I am slow yes but I knew there was a reason I kept skipping all his posts. The "pilgrim" comment finally tipped me off. What a waste of human flesh.

What are pieces of shit like you and Bambino then?

KChiefs1 08-08-2014 11:36 PM

NBC Sports

Quote:

With Charter onboard, SEC Network’s reach exceeds 91 million

The distribution machine that is the SEC Network keeps rolling along.

Fresh on the heels of adding DirecTV earlier this week, and eight days ahead of its launch, the fledgling network and ESPN announced Wednesday a deal with Charter Communications. The agreement pushes the SEC Network’s reach to in excess of 91 million homes.

For perspective, ESPNU is available in roughly 75 million homes.

“We are excited to be bringing the SEC Network to Charter customers,” said Allan Singer, SVP of Programming for Charter Communications. “We know that there are many SEC fans and grads in our footprint who are ready to cheer on their team and we are glad that the SEC Network will be available to them when it launches on August 14th.”

The agreement also means that the SEC Network and ESPN have reached an agreement with eight of the Top 10 distributors in the country, a reach that covers 90 percent of the country.

The biggest distributor — broadband, cable or satellite — not yet signed on is Verizon FiOS.

The first football game to be broadcast on the network will be the Aug. 28 game featuring Texas A&M at South Carolina. That’s the first game of a doubleheader, with Temple-Vanderbilt game following.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-09-2014 06:33 AM

Those 2 idiots should stop posting out of sheer embarrassment. Sec and the posters here continue to clown them. 91 million wowzers.

Prison Bitch 08-09-2014 10:25 AM

So Mizzou is 9-8 in SEC play and has obv "proved" they can play with the big boys. Except, that's not true in the slightest no matter what their fans or boosters in local media delude themselves into thinking.

9 wins: Their opponents finished SEC play 22-51 (30%).
8 losses: their opponents finished SEC play 52-13 (80%).

In 17 games they have beaten one team with a winning record, Georgia at 5-3. If you strip out the MU games from the above data, it's still 34% & 77% respectively or no difference. Football powerhouse.

Pitt Gorilla 08-09-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10805152)
So Mizzou is 9-8 in SEC play and has obv "proved" they can play with the big boys. Except, that's not true in the slightest no matter what their fans or boosters in local media delude themselves into thinking.

In 17 games they have beaten one team with a winning record, Georgia at 5-3. If you strip out the MU games from the above data, it's still 34% & 77% respectively or no difference. Football powerhouse.

Why do you keep posting the same stuff? Honest question.

RustShack 08-09-2014 10:47 AM

The SEC doesn't play tough games every week like the Big12(minus Kansas). It's easy to get free wins. Hell the same thing used to happen to Iowa State... We'd get more wins every other year when we didn't have to play Texas or Oklahoma.

SEC and B1G are set up to make teams look better than they are. You see who the true good teams are in the Big12 now as we play everyone every year. And it makes us look worse because it's 9 good teams beating up on each other(last year 8 since ISU was young and hurt, had a down year).

Prison Bitch 08-09-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10805188)
Why do you keep posting the same stuff? Honest question.

Why do you keep posting the same stuff about the SEC network?

Pitt Gorilla 08-09-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10805214)
Why do you keep posting the same stuff about the SEC network?

I don't believe I have; I've posted updated stories as new providers sign on. Now, can you answer my question? Why do you post the same thing over and over?

Bowser 08-09-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Yeah, it's crazy we didn't storm in and win the SEC in our first year, especially considering the injuries that team had. And we should talk to the schedule makers to make sure we play nobody but top ten teams just to keep the likes of Mizzou haters happy.

Keep flailing, though. It's fun to watch.

Prison Bitch 08-09-2014 11:18 AM

When will you address the data Pitt?

duncan_idaho 08-09-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Nothing has been proven about Missouri, except that it can have a bad year in the SEC when it has bad luck, and it can't a great year when it has good luck.

Sample size of two doesn't say anything.

Pitt Gorilla 08-09-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10805262)
When will you address the data Pitt?

The data you just posted? After an injury-riddled season, Mizzou played pretty well, winning the SEC East Title. We held a lead through the 3rd quarter (into the 4th?) and eventually lost (as Auburn went on to play for the National Title).

We didn't prove anything other than we can compete in the best conference in the country (and be less than .500 when injuries wreck our team).

Now, when are you going to stop lying?

Pasta Little Brioni 08-09-2014 12:18 PM

Those teams with losing conference records would stomp a mud hole on the Big Whatever.

Prison Bitch 08-09-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10805272)
Nothing has been proven about Missouri, except that it can have a bad year in the SEC when it has bad luck, and it can't a great year when it has good luck.

Sample size of two doesn't say anything.

Well that's exactly correct so not sure why so many get defensive. It's laughable when Jack Harry gets on tv and declares "all the doubters who said MU coildnt compete with the big boys in the SEC? where are you now ". We are still right here Jack.

Pitt Gorilla 08-09-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10805390)
Those teams with losing conference records would stomp a mud hole on the Big Whatever.

Don't know about all of them, but Ole Miss did curb stomp Texas last year.

kchero 08-09-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10805202)
The SEC doesn't play tough games every week like the Big12(minus Kansas). It's easy to get free wins. Hell the same thing used to happen to Iowa State... We'd get more wins every other year when we didn't have to play Texas or Oklahoma.

SEC and B1G are set up to make teams look better than they are. You see who the true good teams are in the Big12 now as we play everyone every year. And it makes us look worse because it's 9 good teams beating up on each other(last year 8 since ISU was young and hurt, had a down year).

Dude, your Iowa State homerism is always a comic relief on this thread. Worry about Northern Iowa before how "difficult" your Big 12 schedule is.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-09-2014 12:26 PM

Beakers crying about schedule is still comedy gold

Pitt Gorilla 08-09-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10805398)
Well that's exactly correct so not sure why so many get defensive. It's laughable when Jack Harry gets on tv and declares "all the doubters who said MU coildnt compete with the big boys in the SEC? where are you now ". We are still right here Jack.

MU did compete.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-09-2014 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10805407)
MU did compete.

I thought competing was losing every conference game for 3 b years?/PB

kchero 08-09-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10805398)

I love how we occupy more time in your head than your own team does...keep it up. :thumb:

Prison Bitch 08-09-2014 12:30 PM

Competing??? Do you want me to break out the point differential in your 8 conf losses? I don't think you do Pitt.

Pepe Silvia 08-09-2014 12:32 PM

I don't know why we're talking shit we will never recruit again thanks to DGB and Sam.

Discuss Thrower 08-09-2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchero (Post 10805415)
I love how we occupy more time in your head than your own team does...keep it up. :thumb:

"Nobody cares about Mizzou."

kchero 08-09-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10805416)
Competing??? Do you want me to break out the point differential in your 8 conf losses? I don't think you do Pitt.

You are seriously reeruned

http://media3.giphy.com/media/Qy9hRuWrKjY2I/giphy.gif

blake5676 08-09-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10805418)
I don't know why we're talking shit we will never recruit again thanks to DGB and Sam.

Jesus christ....you're the like the boy who cried wolf. Unfortunately the empty threat/whining for attention when you "gave up" on the Tigers last month was nothing but an empty promise. Do us ALL a favor, take the Mizzou sign out of your sig and stop being a fan. You're embarrassing, and pretty much the MU version of Bambi.

Prison Bitch 08-09-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchero (Post 10805432)
You are seriously reeruned ]

-17 point avg differential in 8 losses. Jumps to -19 if you take out te 4-pointer vs Vandy (at home no less lol). I know you hate math but math is not reeruned.

Bambi 08-09-2014 02:02 PM

Looks like practice over in Columbia is off to a tremendous start.

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/MVvwXOhLbA5/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bowser 08-09-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10805418)

Just go root for Kansas already.

TomBarndtsTwin 08-09-2014 02:57 PM

The KU fans in this thread sure spend an awful lot of time posting Mizzou videos, visiting Mizzou fanboards, and researching Mizzou schedules and stats . . . . kind of makes you wonder?

The obsession is actually a bit flattering. Of course, they don't care about Mizzou . . . .

Pitt Gorilla 08-09-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake5676 (Post 10805476)
Jesus christ....you're the like the boy who cried wolf. Unfortunately the empty threat/whining for attention when you "gave up" on the Tigers last month was nothing but an empty promise. Do us ALL a favor, take the Mizzou sign out of your sig and stop being a fan. You're embarrassing, and pretty much the MU version of Bambi.

He's likely a beaker troll.

Pitt Gorilla 08-09-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10805750)
The KU fans in this thread sure spend an awful lot of time posting Mizzou videos, visiting Mizzou fanboards, and researching Mizzou schedules and stats . . . . kind of makes you wonder?

The obsession is actually a bit flattering. Of course, they don't care about Mizzou . . . .

What would you do if your team was a "pile of crap"?

Pitt Gorilla 08-09-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10805608)
Looks like practice over in Columbia is off to a tremendous start.

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/MVvwXOhLbA5/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LOL Our line is going to be badass. Again.

Pitt Gorilla 08-09-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10805597)
-17 point avg differential in 8 losses. Jumps to -19 if you take out te 4-pointer vs Vandy (at home no less lol). I know you hate math but math is not reeruned.

Everyone knows that Mizzou struggled two years ago with injuries. Most of the line was down. The QB was down. We know it was tough and we lost. Last year, though, things looked much better. Perhaps instead of aggregating the data, you should look at them by year and see if there was improvement.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-09-2014 04:33 PM

Pray tell...what is KUs margin of defeat in a shit conference the last 3 years. The SEC East is superior to that turd of a league.

Eleazar 08-09-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10805885)
Everyone knows that Mizzou struggled two years ago with injuries. Most of the line was down. The QB was down. We know it was tough and we lost. Last year, though, things looked much better. Perhaps instead of aggregating the data, you should look at them by year and see if there was improvement.

As "not competitive" as Missouri was last year in advancing to the conference championship game in the best conference in college football, one fact really jumps out at a person in this debate with Beaker fans.

Kansas will never have the opportunity to play in the SEC. They will never play the schedule we play. They'll never advance to the conference championship game in a conference of that quality - hell, they never even played in the conference championship game of their conference of lower quality.

Missouri showed last year that while the program has a lot of work to do in its quest to become a national power, they belong in the SEC and can compete with those teams. Kansas will never be able to say that. Missouri has all the time in the world to eclipse everything Kansas football has ever done, which is to win one prestigious bowl game in what, 40 years? We'll often have another realistic opportunity to do that with each new season, but they will never do what we did last season, to be 1 or 2 quarters away from a national championship game appearance.

The gulf between the state of the programs today is wide and will only get wider in the new post-realignment world.

Prison Bitch 08-09-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10805885)

Oh. So you want me to be like you and forget the first year (the "mulligan") and only focus on the second. Like Jack Harry. Seems like a reasonable way to analyze this topic. You just set the ground rules of what we can discuss and I'll follow your directions.

And if Mizzou sucks this year, we'll "mulligan" that one too.

Prison Bitch 08-09-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10805984)
Kansas will never have the opportunity to play in the SEC. They will never play the schedule we play. .

MU's schedule was #24 and Kansas was #28 last year, so I have no idea what you're talking about.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

"But but but you didn't win those games" - I'm sure that'll be the re-direct here to the schedule question.

Bowser 08-09-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10805995)
Oh. So you want me to be like you and forget the first year (the "mulligan") and only focus on the second. Like Jack Harry. Seems like a reasonable way to analyze this topic. You just set the ground rules of what we can discuss and I'll follow your directions.

Even if we tank this year, we'll still be better than Kansas.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-09-2014 05:02 PM

Yup pretty much a final four season last year. Let's raise a banner

Eleazar 08-09-2014 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10806003)
MU's schedule was #24 and Kansas was #28 last year, so I have no idea what you're talking about.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

"But but but you didn't win those games" - I'm sure that'll be the re-direct here to the schedule question.

I'm talking more about the next few decades, but yeah. I'm sure every schedule looks tough when you are KU football.

Bowser 08-09-2014 05:06 PM

LOL at Prison Bitch's desperate attempts to devalue Mizzou football. He's got nothing, and has fallen so far as to play the Jack Harry trump card. Sad, yet amusing.

Prison Bitch 08-09-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10806017)
I'm talking more about the next few decades, but yeah. I'm sure every schedule looks tough when you are KU football.

2012 SOS: Mizzou #1, Kansas #3
2013 SOS: Mizzou #24, Kansas #28

Nice faceplant there, Cochise. Oh, but you meant from now on. LMAO

Bowser 08-09-2014 05:09 PM

Oh, shit, he's pulling Sagarin out now.

http://ih2.redbubble.net/image.11907...er,375x360.png

Pasta Little Brioni 08-09-2014 05:09 PM

Of course losing every game makes your opponents record appear tougher too. Free win. ROFL

KChiefs1 08-09-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10805202)

Ask Texas about Ole Miss.

KChiefs1 08-09-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10805750)

KU fans don't care about Mizzou.

KChiefs1 08-09-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10804990)
Those 2 idiots should stop posting out of sheer embarrassment. Sec and the posters here continue to clown them. 91 million wowzers.

SEC Network = biggest fail in history

Pitt Gorilla 08-09-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10805995)

either you're purposefully misunderstanding what I write or are much dumber than I thought.

Bambi 08-09-2014 06:00 PM

PB has Mizzou nation in twists tonight. LMAO

Bowser 08-09-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10806192)
PB has Mizzou nation in twists tonight. LMAO

PB is getting curb stomped, as usual. Feeling left out?

Bambi 08-09-2014 06:07 PM

Missouri doesn't have to play Alabama, LSU, Auburn or Ole Miss.

That's some SEC badass I tell you.

Bambi 08-09-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10806196)

PB is dropping mizzou posters faster than potential recruits are dropping mizzou.

Bowser 08-09-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10806218)
Missouri doesn't have to play Alabama, LSU, Auburn or Ole Miss.

That's some SEC badass I tell you.

Pinkel should ask for, no, DEMAND a schedule that appeases the haters. Because that's in his control and shit.

Bambi 08-09-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10806240)
Pinkel should ask for, no, DEMAND a schedule that appeases the haters. Because that's in his control and shit.

The schedule is the schedule. It's what the SEC is.

Pitt Gorilla 08-09-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10806224)
PB is dropping mizzou posters faster than potential recruits are dropping mizzou.

Even PB has his white knight.

Pitt Gorilla 08-09-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10806246)

SECN has more subscribers than ESPNU. That tells you a little about what the SEC is.

Bowser 08-09-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

You had zero complaints about the schedule when the Big XII wasn't actually false advertising. Enjoy those moral victories when you keep the big boys under the 40 point spread (like that's possible).

Missouri will end up going against the LSU's and Alabama's all in good time. No need to worry about us being cheated by some flaw in the scheduling.

Pitt Gorilla 08-09-2014 06:20 PM

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:11312377"></script>

Bowser 08-09-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10806259)
SECN has more subscribers than ESPNU. That tells you a little about what the SEC is.

The only people that care about college football are people who watch the SEC. Bambi said so, so it must be true.

TrebMaxx 08-09-2014 06:31 PM

The issue at hand could be solved quite easily. If the bitch ass butt hurt KU administrators would schedule MU we can settle it on the field and on the court. MU wants to play, KU doesn't. KU fans should just stfu until that changes.

Pitt Gorilla 08-09-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 10806329)
The issue at hand could be solved quite easily. If the bitch ass butt hurt KU administrators would schedule MU we can settle it on the field and on the court. MU wants to play, KU doesn't. KU fans should just stfu until that changes.

I would prefer that we move on.

Bambi 08-09-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

All KU fans agree. Winning half the football games and a vast majority of the bball games was great for us.

Bowser 08-09-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10806373)
All KU fans agree. Winning half the football games and a vast majority of the bball games was great for us.

Tell your candy assed administrators to get it done if that's the case.

KChiefs1 08-09-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

We already play in the weakass SEC, why add another bottom feeder like KU to our already weak schedule?

Prison Bitch 08-09-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Mizzou stepped up to the big leagues. And played the identical schedule KU did the past two seasons. Funny shit right there.

Bambi 08-09-2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10806519)
Tell your candy assed administrators to get it done if that's the case.

I wish it were that easy. You see, Missouri left the conference thus they ended the rivalry. In order to get back on KU's schedule they must apply and negotiate the terms of playing which I don't think there's an opening until around 2018.

In the Big 12 you play all your conference opponents which means the teams only play 3 non-con games. KU's slate is full until then.

Bambi 08-09-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10806592)
Mizzou stepped up to the big leagues. And played the identical schedule KU did the past two seasons. Funny shit right there.

KU has a tougher schedule according to Phil Steele this season.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/04/2...e-ncaa-method/

Eleazar 08-09-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

We shouldn't schedule them at all. Their program is awful and they will hurt our strength of schedule more often than not.

And I don't see why Kansas would schedule us now either, the last thing they need when their dream season is bowl eligibility is to schedule an SEC team. They need to line up cupcakes... or as close as they can find in D1.

Moreover, since I don't watch basketball much or ever, apart from Chiefsplanet I wouldn't hear about Kansas anymore at all, and so the rivalry has already died for me. It was fun while it lasted, but we've moved on to bigger and better things. I think we are all starting to understand what the Gator and Bulldog fans were telling me from the start, that most every SEC game is a rivalry game.

Prison Bitch 08-09-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10806621)
KU has a tougher schedule according to Phil Steele this season.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/04/2...e-ncaa-method/

That's bull. There's this one guy on the internet who said KU will never play a schedule like Mizzou.

Eleazar 08-09-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10806196)

PB is a good poster. He loves stirring the pot. He just happens to have a strange Baghdad Bob fetish about a certain bottom feeding football program :doh!: :p

TomBarndtsTwin 08-09-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10806224)

Just a question:

Is it difficult to type while giving PB a reach around?

Never mind, don't answer that . . . .

Bowser 08-09-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10806670)
PB is a good poster. He loves stirring the pot. He just happens to have a strange Baghdad Bob fetish about a certain bottom feeding football program :doh!: :p

I agree with him on a multitude of subjects, but in this thread he certainly lives up to the title. It's fun to go round and round with the twins.

TribalElder 08-09-2014 09:42 PM

This thread always delivers some entertaining back and forth

TrebMaxx 08-09-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10806373)

If all KU fans agreed then where is the pressure on the KU administration to get it done. I call B.S.

TribalElder 08-09-2014 09:47 PM

KU is into ducking more than Phil Robertson and his family ROFL

They will always be hoe cake with butt hurt Billy Self leading the cry LMAO

KChiefs1 08-09-2014 09:54 PM

This is pretty interesting.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec...llege-players/

Prison Bitch 08-09-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10806835)
I agree with him on a multitude of subjects, but in this thread he certainly lives up to the title. It's fun to go round and round with the twins.

Waaaaat? I hate KU football right now ESP the fat tub of goo head coach. I liked the last fat tub of goo head coach.

KChiefs1 08-10-2014 06:08 PM

This is amazing...don't read if you hate the SEC.

Quote:

SEC NETWORK WILL BE ON THE INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION?!
Posted by Ken Fang on Aug 10, 2014

That’s right!

NASA has made arrangements with ESPN to have the SEC Network available in outer space. Astronaut Barry Wilmore will be on the International Space Station starting on September 25 and assume command in November.

He’s also a big football fan and he loves to watch his alma mater Tennessee Tech as well as the SEC. So Wilmore has requested and will be able to watch Tennessee Tech games via the internet (they have wifi in space!) and the SEC Network when he’s not busy undertaking space walks and conducting various experiments in zero gravity.

Wilmore tells The Tennessean: “I don’t watch a lot of sports — my wife might not agree with that — but I do like to watch football, the SEC Game of the Week, and I try to catch Tech every chance I get.

That is a dedicated fan.

Wilmore has plenty of experience in space. He’s been on the space shuttle and even piloted it himself in 2009. So SEC Network will have a fan watching 205 miles above the atmosphere.

On Earth, SEC Network will be available in more total homes than National Geographic Network, truTV, Fox Sports 1, Golf Channel, NFL Network, ESPNU and CBS Sports Network. With its latest pick up from Charter Communications, SEC Network will be available to a total of 91 million homes. However, when you count the cable providers which will put the channel on sports tiers (this is outside the Southeastern Conference footprint), the number is actually around 65 million.

That is still higher than CBS Sports Network (56 million), Al Jazeera America (55 million) and ESPN Classic (a paltry 30 million).

With Charter’s carriage of SEC Network, it for all intents and purposes completes ESPN’s negotiations with the major cable and satellite providers. AT&T U-Verse, Bright House, Comcast, Cox, DirecTV, Dish, Suddenlink and Time Warner Cable have all signed on, many of which came on board in the last month. The only major providers which are not are Cablevision with subscribers mainly in New York, New Jersey and the Philadelphia area and Verizon Fios. Their non-participation has not stopped the momentum for SEC Network.

With the SEC Network available in practically the entire conference footprint ahead of the August 14 launch, ESPN has to be breathing a huge sigh of relief and popping a few champagne corks. After a few months when negotiations got a little hairy, ESPN knows that SEC fans will see their teams play football without having to resort to illegal feeds or going to sports bars and that will result in ratings points for the Worldwide Leader.

[The Tennessean/ESPN]