ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Must Watch Series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258883)

Buehler445 08-12-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11655597)
I've been watching this obscure little show on netflix called "The X-Files" or something like that.

That is to say I'm rewatching all the alien arc episodes in prep for the new mini-season in January. It's amazing how well it still holds up twenty years later.

You know, when it was on, I didn't have whatever channel. I know virtually nothing about the show. Other than Gillian Anderson is otherworldly hot.

keg in kc 08-12-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11655676)
You know, when it was on, I didn't have whatever channel. I know virtually nothing about the show. Other than Gillian Anderson is otherworldly hot.

I think she's more attractive now than she was then. One oddity about that series (which was her first ever job iirc), was that she went through a pregnancy early on in the series, and they had to work around that. She began to show late in season one, then just ballooned during season two, then slimmed back down by about midway through season three.

As far as the show goes, it's had a lot of influence, including the spread of serialized storytelling. While it was a monster-of-the-week kind of show (based on Kolchak: The Night Stalker in the 70s) it had an arc that ran throughout all 9 season, often with multipart episodes - those are basically all I'm watching now. And I believe it's directly responsible for the growth of interest in the paranormal from the 90s right up to this very day. While I had an interest myself in that kind of stuff prior to 1993 (read a lot of books when I was a kid...), I know it had a huge influence on me, personally.

Predarat 08-12-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 8568135)
Here are a few. I could list a bunch, but we'll start with some favorites...

Firefly
Arrested Development
Battlestar Galactica
Deadwood
Friday Night Lights

Doing this one right now. Love Landry the Rapist Slayer!

cookster50 08-12-2015 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11655270)
I started watching Jack Taylor. I haven't heard of it talked about here, but it is goddamned good. It has Ian Glen (Jorah Mormot from GOT) as a private investigator.

Definitely recommend it. Netflix has it.

Also started Boardwalk Empire. It looks to be pretty good also.

I've enjoyed several BBC shows including this one. Broadchurch was very well done. Definitely watch An Idiot Abroad.

GloucesterChief 08-12-2015 10:08 PM

Luther is another good BBC show. Not sure if it is on Netflix anymore.

saphojunkie 08-12-2015 10:10 PM

If you aren't one of the more homophobic members of CP, I'd highly recommend Sense8.

Also, Penny Dreadful was a fantastic first season. Second season - meh. But first season was as well written as anything on television.

Buehler445 08-13-2015 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 11656936)
If you aren't one of the more homophobic members of CP, I'd highly recommend Sense8.

Also, Penny Dreadful was a fantastic first season. Second season - meh. But first season was as well written as anything on television.

I watched a couple episodes of Penny Dreadful and didn't get into it. I'll give it more of a chance.

I'm not clamoring to watch gay shows but I'll take a gander at Sense 8.

Buehler445 08-13-2015 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11656932)
Luther is another good BBC show. Not sure if it is on Netflix anymore.

I haven't gotten a chance to watch Broadchurch or idiot abroad. What is Luther about?

unlurking 08-13-2015 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11657145)
I haven't gotten a chance to watch Broadchurch or idiot abroad. What is Luther about?

An Idiot Abroad is hilarious, must see TV.

cookster50 08-13-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Typical cop with his own demons show. It's decent.

GloucesterChief 08-13-2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Stringer Bell as a London detective.

Reaper16 08-13-2015 05:49 PM

Steven Universe

Buehler445 08-19-2015 11:38 PM

So I finished Jack Taylor and officially put it in the great column. Damn, that shit was phenomenal. It really had it's hooks in my ass.

I started Luther and it looks really really good also. Idris Elba is a terrific actor. I'm almost to the point where I'll watch what he's in no matter what.

I also watched Show Me a Hero. I stuck it in the Good column, but if it's half as good as the wire, you know where it is going.

GloucesterChief 08-23-2015 09:37 AM

Luther is getting a two episode mini-series this fall. They will be broadcast on BBC America.

Buehler445 09-01-2015 04:18 PM

Finished Luther. Really outstanding. And they're not afraid to kill ****ers.

NewChief 09-01-2015 04:19 PM

Narcos was solid.

Buehler445 09-01-2015 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11698654)
Narcos was solid.

I'll check it out. I initially thought it looked kind of crappy

GloucesterChief 09-01-2015 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11698652)
Finished Luther. Really outstanding. And they're not afraid to kill ****ers.

The two new episodes may not have Alice in them. So the body count might go down.

Ceej 09-02-2015 09:54 AM

Lost is such a mind****.

Buehler445 09-02-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11699724)
The two new episodes may not have Alice in them. So the body count might go down.

No question about it. Crazy bitch is crazy.

Frosty 09-02-2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 11457178)
Audience channel on DTV has been showing NYPD Blue commercial free and in order. I missed it when it first came out. I have been enjoying it and am surprised at how much is still relevant.

Spoiler!

This show appears to have fallen apart midway through season 11. It has completely lost focus and most of the likable characters are gone.

Buehler445 09-02-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 11700112)
Lost is such a mind****.

I spoiled that one for myself.

Ceej 09-02-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11700944)
I spoiled that one for myself.

I have no idea what's going on but I can't quit watching.

Buehler445 09-18-2015 09:26 PM

So I caught The Knick on HBOGO. For some reason it's on there. I have no idea why or how long it will last, but it's on there. If you have HBOGO but not cinemax, watch this season. It is really well done. It tried to push the obsession arc a little too quick, but it is really pretty danged good. I wouldn't consider myself a fan of the period, or medical development, but this hooked my ass deep. It's a good watch.

Baby Lee 09-20-2015 10:10 AM

A few new must sees that need more love.

You're the Worst
Another Period
Review with Forrest McNeil
Inside Amy Schumer
Key and Peele
Documentary Now!
Difficult People probably isn't for everyone, but if a show where Larry David wrote Sex and the City sounds appealing, it's pretty good.

SAUTO 09-20-2015 05:37 PM

Documentary now started off slow but the last couple were good

Baby Lee 09-20-2015 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11744621)
Documentary now started off slow but the last couple were good

It's a very inside show. I don't know how familiar people are with the subject matter they're satirizing, and from the other side I don't know how funny the bits are on their own without being familiar with the subject matter.

SAUTO 09-22-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11744649)
It's a very inside show. I don't know how familiar people are with the subject matter they're satirizing, and from the other side I don't know how funny the bits are on their own without being familiar with the subject matter.

I get that. Thought episode 1was terrible and was glad I caught 3 ,I think it was maybe 4, first.

unlurking 09-22-2015 05:43 PM

Watching episode 2 on the IFC freebie list. Hilarious spoof on Vice. A lot of references require having watched Vice episodes.

NewChief 09-22-2015 05:54 PM

So it's a show satirizing ViceTV? Count me in. I live using Vice in my classes, so it will be fun to use this as well

unlurking 09-22-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11749074)
So it's a show satirizing ViceTV? Count me in. I live using Vice in my classes, so it will be fun to use this as well

Don't know. Maybe each episode satirizes a different filmmaker? Only one episode (El Chingon) was available for free without a cable/satellite login. It was hilarious though. Will have to check out the other episodes.

Found episode 1 on youtube. Not a Vice spoof. According to IMDB, "...a parody of/homage to "Grey Gardens" (1975)."

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nEAqVPdtF-M" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

mr. tegu 09-22-2015 08:57 PM

I liked The Brink on HBO. Also, the History Channel show, Pirate Treasure of the Knights Templar, is really interesting.

Silock 10-01-2015 02:14 AM

You're the Worst is pretty good

NewChief 10-01-2015 08:40 AM

My standards may be low, but I enjoy Empire.

eDave 10-02-2015 01:42 AM

Just caught the first episode of The Grinder. Really good, really funny with an excellent cast. Check it on Fox.

I can't imagine anyone not liking this one.

Buehler445 10-02-2015 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11769966)
Just caught the first episode of The Grinder. Really good, really funny with an excellent cast. Check it on Fox.

I can't imagine anyone not liking this one.

The one where the actor that plays a lawyer tries to be a lawyer? That sounds horrid.

eDave 10-03-2015 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11771589)
The one where the actor that plays a lawyer tries to be a lawyer? That sounds horrid.

That's it. I find it to be very funny. Getting great reviews too.

Buehler445 10-03-2015 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11771697)
That's it. I find it to be very funny. Getting great reviews too.

I'll check it out.

DaneMcCloud 10-03-2015 09:14 AM

I actually really liked the pilot episode for Grandfathered.

Stamos was note perfect.

Anyong Bluth 10-03-2015 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11767702)

I was just about to add this. Just binged on almost all of the 1st season.

Suits is another one that is fantastic and manages to get better with each season.

eDave 10-03-2015 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11771809)
I'll check it out.

It does play on the ridiculousness of that premise.

Baby Lee 11-05-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11767702)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 11771907)
I was just about to add this. Just binged on almost all of the 1st season.

Suits is another one that is fantastic and manages to get better with each season.

They are pulling off some sublime shit.
I won't reveal or discuss the plot development, in part not to spoil it and in part because I can't speak to its veracity, put those in the know are absolutely, . . . I don't even want to put a verb to their reaction, except to say it's positive from a writing standpoint. As in reviews nearly orgasmic about it.

I can't say this enough. Everything you see as a general description does it a disservice. It's an ensemble sitcom about young single people and their transition to adulthood in the aughts. Sounds like a couple dozen other sitcoms, but each character is perfectly cast. Each guest or peripheral character is perfectly written. Their stories have SUCH a better and more deeply understood foundation, and it's FUNNY. Sometimes it's funny sill, sometimes it's funny quirky, sometimes it's funny dark, and sometimes you barely manage a smile through tears and dread.

Can't recommend enough.

A couple things I would say is it's serialized and takes a bit to get in motion. Part of the landscape when you tell rich stories. Start from the beginning and stick with it. It's not hard because it has payoffs from day one, and some things you don't even know are payoffs pay off even more over time.

It also has a remarkable ability to be viewed lightly or intensely and pay off either way. There's plenty of attractive people doing crazy stuff for the popcorn crowd. There's plenty of pathos and reality for the curl up in a slanket and moan crowd.

It's a COMPLETELY COMPLETELY different show, but the best way I can think to recommend it is to say it's finally a sitcom worthy of the channel that brought you Sunny in Philadelphia.

Buehler445 11-05-2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11865179)
They are pulling off some sublime shit.
I won't reveal or discuss the plot development, in part not to spoil it and in part because I can't speak to its veracity, put those in the know are absolutely, . . . I don't even want to put a verb to their reaction, except to say it's positive from a writing standpoint. As in reviews nearly orgasmic about it.

I can't say this enough. Everything you see as a general description does it a disservice. It's an ensemble sitcom about young single people and their transition to adulthood in the aughts. Sounds like a couple dozen other sitcoms, but each character is perfectly cast. Each guest or peripheral character is perfectly written. Their stories have SUCH a better and more deeply understood foundation, and it's FUNNY. Sometimes it's funny sill, sometimes it's funny quirky, sometimes it's funny dark, and sometimes you barely manage a smile through tears and dread.

Can't recommend enough.

A couple things I would say is it's serialized and takes a bit to get in motion. Part of the landscape when you tell rich stories. Start from the beginning and stick with it. It's not hard because it has payoffs from day one, and some things you don't even know are payoffs pay off even more over time.

It also has a remarkable ability to be viewed lightly or intensely and pay off either way. There's plenty of attractive people doing crazy stuff for the popcorn crowd. There's plenty of pathos and reality for the curl up in a slanket and moan crowd.

It's a COMPLETELY COMPLETELY different show, but the best way I can think to recommend it is to say it's finally a sitcom worthy of the channel that brought you Sunny in Philadelphia.

I had that on the DVR and lost an episode in a storm and haven't gotten back into it. I will though.

Baby Lee 11-20-2015 12:25 AM

Now that Billy on the Street is on cable, I've caught a few and it's hilarious. I was familiar with his schtick, but really made no effort to track down the stuff online. But 4 or so episodes they've had on cable have had two or three things an episode that catch me completely off guard and just have me rolling.

He's a lot to take, so I still haven't tracked down his older stuff because 22 minutes w/o commercials is just about enough for a week. But I find myself looking forward to it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NZebAI0C0Zo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rocknrolla 11-20-2015 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11894858)
Now that Billy on the Street is on cable, I've caught a few and it's hilarious. I was familiar with his schtick, but really made no effort to track down the stuff online. But 4 or so episodes they've had on cable have had two or three things an episode that catch me completely off guard and just have me rolling.

He's a lot to take, so I still haven't tracked down his older stuff because 22 minutes w/o commercials is just about enough for a week. But I find myself looking forward to it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NZebAI0C0Zo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can find almost all of his past "On The Street" on YouTube. He is hilarious.

Baby Lee 12-08-2015 01:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 11894887)
You can find almost all of his past "On The Street" on YouTube. He is hilarious.

"Presents for my 13th Birthday were; the Madonna Sex Book and tickets to 'Guys and Dolls,' swear to God!!'

ROFL ROFL

And Lord love the chaos of Times Square. Julianne Moore performing Oscar nominated scripts for tip money yields this moment.

Baby Lee 12-19-2015 10:52 AM

Amazon and Netflix announced a bunch of pick ups and renewals recently.

http://www.avclub.com/article/amazon...s-stuff-230062

Amazon has already been offering all their proposed pilots as free previews.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1001155581

The one I've seen is Tig Notaro's 'One Mississippi' produced by Louis C.K and Diablo Cody.

Pretty good start. Mostly autobiographical, centering on her recent tragedy triad of getting diagnosed with both C-Diff and bilateral breast cancer the same week her mother fell, hit her head, and died. It's dark, but Tig is good at making the dark funny.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...&redirect=true

paging Cosmo

keg in kc 12-19-2015 01:08 PM

The only Amazon pilot I saw this year was the western, Edge, and that was pretty disappointing I thought. Looks like they didn't pick it up.

Baby Lee 12-19-2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11962371)
The only Amazon pilot I saw this year was the western, Edge, and that was pretty disappointing I thought. Looks like they didn't pick it up.

Yeah, according to the article, that was the one pilot Amazon declined.

Kaepernick 12-19-2015 02:51 PM

An oldie but a goodie...

Twin Peaks is MUST SEE in my book. Very must see. Beginning of season 2 dips a bit but by midseason we are rocking the stratosphere again.

Sad that it was cancelled after only 2 years, but if you haven't seen Twin Peaks, man you are in for a treat. For the people who don't like it, I wonder if they gave it enough of a chance. It started pretty bizarre but I was hooked by the 2nd episode. Some people may need to force themselves to watch 4 shows or so. Might find yourselves hooked too.

Kaepernick 12-19-2015 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8576037)
No, from what I've heard, you'll never know their political party and will never see the actual president [JLD said this expressly on The Daily Show]. Going back to the BBC Office, how much do you know about partisanship from that show [outside of maybe Gareth]? It's a show about process and interpersonal relationships.

The ep also features a pimp reference that is the best since Kramer's 'coat of many colors' episode.

And another where there was a gathering for the Veep where no one showed up. An advisor told her to mingle and JLD replied 'there's no one here, did Simon and Garfunkel mingle?"

I told you that the show was packed with laughs.

One thing I like about the US Version of House of Cards is that it is not political at all. Party doesn't matter. Just pure and simple lust for power. I keep wondering what their end game is and why they want power so badly. It seems to be they have a particular goal in mind rather than just power for the sake of power, but I just can't tell right now. And I can't tell if it is for the betterment of America or some sabatoge of America that will be revealed the final year.

Maybe they haven't thought that far ahead. A lot of these shows are on a 1 year audition and aren't concerned with the next year because they can get axed at any time.

Kaepernick 12-19-2015 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8949800)
Thanks again guys.

Watched The first season of Game of Thrones. ****ing out****ingstanding. I know I probably should have read the books, but realistically there is a very small chance I will commit the time to it. But the first season is ****ing super. Didn't see much of anything except the dragon hatch happening. It is very well produced and acted as far as I'm concerned.

I started Mad Men also. It is very different than I expected, but I love it. I'm not quite through the first season, but I can't quit thinking about it. I really like the format. It is really difficult to find a production without much music or even plot. It is an exquisite character driven piece. I love it.

Game of thrones year 1 builds so slowly with character development, I almost got bored and quit watching. Then in 3 episodes it went from DefCon5 to DefCon2. Just Wham, Bam, SCHWING!!!! All of a sudden the powder keg went and it was off to the races. I'm glad I stayed with it. Among the best TV shows of all time.

Kaepernick 12-19-2015 03:17 PM

Go ahead and hate me but I really like the chick show "Revenge". Loved the cast, acting, the well rounded characters. Too often bad guys are just one dimensional.

Another chick show I really liked was "The Starter Wife". I was bummed when it was cancelled after a year and a half. Really good show.

Just be warned they are chick shows so just because they worked exceptionally well for me doesn't mean most guys will like these shows.

http://images.latintimes.com/sites/l...1/13/11371.jpg

https://services.timewarnercable.com...egory=showcard

Jerm 12-30-2015 08:51 AM

Started watching Making a Murderer on Netflix last night...3 episodes in and holy shit this is already the craziest thing I've ever seen. Some real life Game of Thrones shit...it's nutty as hell...

Skyy God 12-30-2015 09:12 AM

Watching S1 of the Americans..... should have gotten on board sooner.

Buehler445 12-30-2015 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 11986340)

It is some good shit. And Keri Russell is insanely hot. Absolutely insanely hot.

Huffmeister 12-30-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11986321)
Started watching Making a Murderer on Netflix last night...3 episodes in and holy shit this is already the craziest thing I've ever seen. Some real life Game of Thrones shit...it's nutty as hell...

I started watching this last night, too. Not a good idea to start it close to bed time.

Jerm 12-30-2015 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 11986393)
I started watching this last night, too. Not a good idea to start it close to bed time.

LOL no shit, stayed up later than I should have...

KCUnited 12-30-2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11986321)

Watched it all last weekend. It's blowing up. Lol, I read that Anonymous is getting involved.

Buehler445 01-06-2016 09:02 AM

So I watched Season 4 and 5 of Falling Skies. I hadn't caught up in a couple years because it had gotten kind of stale. Well, it quit ****ing around and got shit done. It ended up being a hell of a series.

Sure-Oz 01-08-2016 12:42 AM

Any idea where I can catch all the current episodes for Arrow online?

The CW app only has a few eps and there should be 9.

listopencil 01-08-2016 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12006401)
Any idea where I can catch all the current episodes for Arrow online?

The CW app only has a few eps and there should be 9.

Check your rep.

Sure-Oz 01-08-2016 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12006402)
Check your rep.

Thanks!!!

NewChief 01-08-2016 06:03 AM

I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but I started watching the Originals, which is evidently a Vampire Diaries spinoff. I'm only halfway through the first season, but it's surprisingly entertaining. Lots of backstabbing and politicking and such, which I like. I have a feeling it will go off the rails soon enough, burn I've enjoyed it so far.

Baby Lee 01-08-2016 02:45 PM

Deadwood movie!!

http://tvline.com/2016/01/07/deadwoo...premiere-date/

unlurking 01-08-2016 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12007167)

Oh hell yeah! Loved that show!

Buehler445 01-08-2016 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12007167)

:rockon:

NJChiefsFan 01-09-2016 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11771865)
I actually really liked the pilot episode for Grandfathered.

Stamos was note perfect.

I caught an episode the other day. Never even thought about watching. Not sure if I will continue but I enjoyed it. Cast was pretty good too.

Baby Lee 01-15-2016 10:53 AM

Wondering if this has finalized its arrangement to come to American TV.

Norwegian mini-series about the Allied effort to keep Deuterium out of Nazi hands.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_K3Ry2K4yNE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MahiMike 01-17-2016 04:53 PM

Finished Game of thrones and looking for something else. Tried Boardwalk Empire. Not my thing. Tried 'True Detective'. I like Woody but the show is boring.

Waiting on Vikings, The Americans and Justified to come back.

Next?

Buehler445 01-17-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12036082)
Finished Game of thrones and looking for something else. Tried Boardwalk Empire. Not my thing. Tried 'True Detective'. I like Woody but the show is boring.

Waiting on Vikings, The Americans and Justified to come back.

Next?

If you have access to the HBO stuff watch The Wire and watch it today. Rome is next.

BucEyedPea 01-17-2016 06:21 PM

I've really been into Reign on Netflix.

It's what I call historical fantasy—as it only follows the main guidepost of the life of Mary Queen of Scots, and is seriously embellished. All those British/Ausi/NZ actors and accents playing French folks that were members of the French court. LMAO

I good follow up to the Tudors, which was a lot more accurate.

http://www.adiosbarbie.com/wp-conten...56-320-412.jpg

chiefs1111 01-18-2016 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 11986340)

Great show.

kcchiefsus 02-07-2016 10:35 AM

I've been binge watching shows like crazy recently. I've watched all episodes so far of Peak Blinders, Boardwalk Empire, and Silicon Valley and now almost caught up with Vikings. I'm thinking Black Sails is next.

Buehler445 02-07-2016 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 12067835)
I've been binge watching shows like crazy recently. I've watched all episodes so far of Peak Blinders, Boardwalk Empire, and Silicon Valley and now almost caught up with Vikings. I'm thinking Black Sails is next.

Black Sails is really solid. Not Game of Thrones good, but better than Vikings.

eDave 04-23-2016 04:50 PM

Binging Silicon Valley. Forgot how great it is. Glad it's back.

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-02-2016 11:08 AM

Just went back and watched the one and only season of Firefly... Why in the heavens was this not renewed... that show was incredibly entertaining. Very sad there are no more to watch. :(

Buehler445 05-02-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12211968)
Just went back and watched the one and only season of Firefly... Why in the heavens was this not renewed... that show was incredibly entertaining. Very sad there are no more to watch. :(

Dig up the movie. It's good.

underEJ 05-23-2016 10:53 AM

I started watching a Canadian show called Republic of Doyle on Netflix. Father and Son private detective in Newfoundland with a GTO for good measure. The synopsis should have turned me away, but I was pretty much planning to be in and out of an exhaustion coma.

I couldn't have been more wrong, never napped at all. I think I watched the first five or six straight. It borders on ridiculous somehow in a good way, but it shows its home town well, the characters are pretty good, the detective stories are decent and the family at the heart of it is really fun. There are six seasons (I guess it was a pretty popular show,) so I will have good distractions for a while!

lcarus 05-23-2016 11:46 AM

Is Sherlock ever coming back? I still haven't watched that Victorian era episode yet. Didn't seem that interesting to me.