ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What would you do if your neighbor.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200018)

petegz28 01-10-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 5377396)
That's it?

I was picturing some sort of spotlight.

Trust me, when it is dark it is all the more brighter...and right at eye level. I gave Oz a link if you want to look at it at night. Though my powershot sort of darkens everything.

Saul Good 01-10-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5377377)
It would make for an easy target..

This is the light just at dusk...

I take it all back. I didn't realize that it was almost as bright as a key-chain flashlight. What a joke.

petegz28 01-10-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 5377396)
That's it?

I was picturing some sort of spotlight.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=110

There is a link in the post of it at night. As I said, the camera darkens everything. But I do have pics of what it is like with just his proch light on should you be interested.

|Zach| 01-10-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5377377)
It would make for an easy target..

This is the light just at dusk...

Is the guys house the one with the red door? Or one of the houses that has their back to yours.

petegz28 01-10-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5377416)
I take it all back. I didn't realize that it was almost as bright as a key-chain flashlight. What a joke.

Once again, you have no idea of what you are talking about guy, so please just STFU. Or keep talking like you know something, it makes me no difference.

petegz28 01-10-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5377424)
Is the guys house the one with the red door? Or one of the houses that has their back to yours.

Yes, the red door is his house. The house with the big light in the front yard. And trust me, being serious as I can with you Zach, all bullshit aside, it is twice as bright as our streetlights ans personally I do not know how hos neighbords tolerate it.

All I know is when I sit down to dinner at my dining room table or on my deck it is like someone shining a bright flashlight right in your face.

RJ 01-10-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5377403)
Trust me, when it is dark it is all the more brighter...and right at eye level. I gave Oz a link if you want to look at it at night. Though my powershot sort of darkens everything.

Do you belong to a neighborhood association?

petegz28 01-10-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 5377440)
Do you belong to a neighborhood association?

If you want to call it that. I called the HA and they refuse to return my calls. My next door neighbor has had the same issues with the HA when he tried to report someone for I think having his boat in his driveway and blocking the sidewalk for like 6 months. They don't seem to want to enforce rules around here. We aren't supposed to have above ground pools, right? There are 5 of them in the edition. And one guy just took out two sections of his fence and I swear the 6th is going in.

I tried to be cool and byy a tree so this guy could have his light and me my serenity. Some think that is idiotic. I call it trying to be a good neighbor and make everyone happy.

|Zach| 01-10-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5377439)
Yes, the red door is his house. The house with the big light in the front yard. And trust me, being serious as I can with you Zach, all bullshit aside, it is twice as bright as our streetlights ans personally I do not know how hos neighbords tolerate it.

All I know is when I sit down to dinner at my dining room table or on my deck it is like someone shining a bright flashlight right in your face.

It doesn't help that there is a one house buffer between you and the light. As far as citation\action is concerned. Unless they have had an issue.

petegz28 01-10-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5377462)
It doesn't help that there is a one house buffer between you and the light. As far as citation\action is concerned. Unless they have had an issue.

Unfortunatly for me, I am the only house that has it hitting the windows. The other house it hits the backside of is on the opposite side of his dining room and bedroom. Though I know what you are saying. And most cities around here do not have an illumination law, so maybe they were too nice or whatever. I waited to see if they did complain. But when this guy cut his light so his x-mas lights would show and then cranked it back on, it sort of pushed the final nerve with me.

As far as the buffer goes..there isn't one between me and the light...as the pic shows you. That picture is from my deck. It is a straight shot between me and the light. All someone has to do is walk in my backyard at night with that thing on and they can see that it lights up the entire backside of me house. It belongs in a parking lot. If it were half the size and\or half as bright it would actually be pretty cool.

Saul Good 01-10-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5373835)
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188997

But can you see it is every bit as bright as the full moon

Let's round up a posse and kick his ass...or write him a letter. This can not stand.

The damned light is as bright as the full moon. I don't know how many of you have ever seen a full moon in Olathe, but let me tell you, if you aren't wearing sunblock you're in for the burn of your life.

I know I can't enjoy a few drinks on my deck on a night when the moon is out. It's like staring into the center of the sun.

We've got to make an example of this son of a bitch. Who does he think he is?

...wait...he did exactly what Petegz asked him? Well, he still shouldn't be dating white women. Let's burn a cross on his yard anyway.

petegz28 01-10-2009 09:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is same house with same camera with same added darkness from said same camera..

The lights on the bottom one are his regular porch and one of his garage lights. Again, this camera does me no justice but at least you can see the difference in brightness

Saul Good 01-10-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5377478)
As far as the buffer goes..there isn't one between me and the light...as the pic shows you. That picture is from my deck.

That must suck for you. The rest of the homeowners in Olathe are out enjoying their decks at night in January. Sorry, dude.

petegz28 01-10-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5377488)
Let's round up a posse and kick his ass...or write him a letter. This can not stand.

The damned light is as bright as the full moon. I don't know how many of you have ever seen a full moon in Olathe, but let me tell you, if you aren't wearing sunblock you're in for the burn of your life.

I know I can't enjoy a few drinks on my deck on a night when the moon is out. It's like staring into the center of the sun.

We've got to make an example of this son of a bitch. Who does he think he is?

...wait...he did exactly what Petegz asked him? Well, he still shouldn't be dating white women. Let's burn a cross on his yard anyway.

I am glad to see I am not the only asshole in this thread.

petegz28 01-10-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5377507)
That must suck for you. The rest of the homeowners in Olathe are out enjoying their decks at night in January. Sorry, dude.

**** off already.

|Zach| 01-10-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5377478)
Unfortunatly for me, I am the only house that has it hitting the windows. The other house it hits the backside of is on the opposite side of his dining room and bedroom. Though I know what you are saying. And most cities around here do not have an illumination law, so maybe they were too nice or whatever. I waited to see if they did complain. But when this guy cut his light so his x-mas lights would show and then cranked it back on, it sort of pushed the final nerve with me.

As far as the buffer goes..there isn't one between me and the light...as the pic shows you. That picture is from my deck. It is a straight shot between me and the light. All someone has to do is walk in my backyard at night with that thing on and they can see that it lights up the entire backside of me house. It belongs in a parking lot. If it were half the size and\or half as bright it would actually be pretty cool.

What I am saying is... regardless of the straight line it has to your back yard? If it was as big of a nuisance as you seem to think it is...there is no way the people in front of you wouldn't feel the same way.

Saul Good 01-10-2009 09:24 PM

I just checked the thread you linked earlier. You've been bitching about this light for 5 months, and you finally built up the nerve to ask the guy to turn it off at night. You built up these scenarios in your mind about how it would go down. You referred to this type of "confrontation" as a death sentence. You started multiple threads on a FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD about it. You contacted the city about it. You spent $500 on a tree. You wrote a letter.

Finally, after 5 months, you took a healthy pull from your Zima, puffed out your little chest, marched over to that big, scary, black man's house and asked him if he would turn off that light at night...and he said okay and has made good on his word.

This is what makes the internet great.

petegz28 01-10-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5377536)
What I am saying is... regardless of the straight line it has to your back yard? If it was as big of a nuisance as you seem to think it is...there is no way the people in front of you wouldn't feel the same way.

Who says they don't? You are just assuming they aren't pissed but not saying anything. And frankly, what do I care about them? I paid to live here, I have a right to not be blinded by their BS light they put in. Can't help it if they never said anything. Then again for all we know they are thanking me under their breath.

Also the houses that face them have their dining room and decks and bedroom in the back where the light does not hit them.

petegz28 01-10-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5377549)
I just checked the thread you linked earlier. You've been bitching about this light for 5 months, and you finally built up the nerve to ask the guy to turn it off at night. You built up these scenarios in your mind about how it would go down. You referred to this type of "confrontation" as a death sentence. You started multiple threads on a FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD about it. You contacted the city about it. You spent $500 on a tree. You wrote a letter.

Finally, after 5 months, you took a healthy pull from your Zima, puffed out your little chest, marched over to that big, scary, black man's house and asked him if he would turn off that light at night...and he said okay and has made good on his word.

This is what makes the internet great.

No dumb ****, I never did send him a letter. I spent $500 as I said you ignorant ass, to try and block it so we could both have what we wanted. **** off dude, you don't live here, you have no clue of what you are talking about and you are just being a dick to be a dick.

Saul Good 01-10-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5377562)
No dumb ****, I never did send him a letter. I spent $500 as I said you ignorant ass, to try and block it so we could both have what we wanted. **** off dude, you don't live here, you have no clue of what you are talking about and you are just being a dick to be a dick.

I didn't say you sent a letter. I said you wrote a letter. The fact that you didn't send it makes it that much funnier. I would bet everything I own that you had the conversation with this guy in your mind a hundred times before you went over there, and you never said 99% of the things you planned to say because you made a mountain out of a molehill.

Some guys are just destined to go through life as beta males, I guess.

petegz28 01-10-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5377584)
I didn't say you sent a letter. I said you wrote a letter. The fact that you didn't send it makes it that much funnier. I would bet everything I own that you had the conversation with this guy in your mind a hundred times before you went over there, and you never said 99% of the things you planned to say because you made a mountain out of a molehill.

Some guys are just destined to go through life as beta males, I guess.

Dude I hate to steal one of Zach's lines but...it is real easy to sit there and talk all your shit from behind your keyboard. But seriously, you can say whatever you want and tell us all about what an "alpha male" you think you are but all I want to know in all honesty is one thing and then you can go back to playing Arnie...

When are you going to start charging for all that dick you suck?

Now, please continue with telling us what a bad ass, alpha male you are. ROFL

Saul Good 01-10-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5377602)
Dude I hate to steal one of Zach's lines but...it is real easy to sit there and talk all your shit from behind your keyboard. But seriously, you can say whatever you want and tell us all about what an "alpha make" you think you are but all I want to know in all honesty is one thing and then you can go back to playing Arnie...

When are you going to start charging for all that dick you suck?

Now, please continue with telling us what a bad ass, alpha male you are. ROFL

I'm such an alpha male that it doesn't take me 5 months of passive-aggressive behavior before I politely ask my neighbor to slightly modify their behavior if it's having a serious impact on my ability to enjoy my home.

It probably amazes you that some people can be that amazingly brave.

Some people have the guts to run into burning buildings in order to save strangers from harm. Some people have the stones to enlist in the military in order to protect their fellow countrymen from harm. Some people have the intestinal fortitude to knock on their neighbor's door and have a polite conversation without caterwauling about it for 5 months first.

Heroes come in all forms, I guess.

petegz28 01-10-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5377641)
I'm such an alpha male that it doesn't take me 5 months of passive-aggressive behavior before I politely ask my neighbor to slightly modify their behavior if it's having a serious impact on my ability to enjoy my home.

It probably amazes you that some people can be that amazingly brave.

Some people have the guts to run into burning buildings in order to save strangers from harm. Some people have the stones to enlist in the military in order to protect their fellow countrymen from harm. Some people have the intestinal fortitude to knock on their neighbor's door and have a polite conversation without caterwauling about it for 5 months first.

Heroes come in all forms, I guess.

And some people go out of their way , i.e. buy a $500 tree, to try and keep everyone happy before they go and complain. But that obviously is being an idiot or whatever you said. I should of just gone and complained from the start and focus soley on my own comfort and wants, heh? Nice to see you are selfish on top of being a bad ass. LMAO

Thank you for telling us what a bad ass you are. I know I am impressed for one. :rolleyes:

Saul Good 01-10-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5377665)
And some people go out of their way , i.e. buy a $500 tree, to try and keep everyone happy before they go and complain.

You didn't buy that tree to keep everyone happy, and you know it. You bought that tree because you didn't have the tiny little bit of courage that it takes to knock on a neighbor's door and ask them to turn off the light at night.

petegz28 01-10-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5377687)
You didn't buy that tree to keep everyone happy, and you know it. You bought that tree because you didn't have the tiny little bit of courage that it takes to knock on a neighbor's door and ask them to turn off the light at night.

Whatever dude. Yeah, I just bought it to buy it. Why should I go ask him to turn his light off if there was a way for both of us to have what we want?

Again, thanks for showing what a selfish, bad ass, prick you are.

Some people try to think of others. You are obviously worried about no one but you.

If this is the extent of your contribution to the thread, I thank you very little and wish you a good evening. I am sure you have some iron to pump or some other alpha male thing to do.

RJ 01-10-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5377665)
And some people go out of their way , i.e. buy a $500 tree, to try and keep everyone happy before they go and complain. But that obviously is being an idiot or whatever you said. I should of just gone and complained from the start and focus soley on my own comfort and wants, heh? Nice to see you are selfish on top of being a bad ass. LMAO

Thank you for telling us what a bad ass you are. I know I am impressed for one. :rolleyes:

Why didn't you just talk to the neighbors before you dropped $500 on a tree? I don't get that.

petegz28 01-10-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 5377716)
Why didn't you just talk to the neighbors before you dropped $500 on a tree? I don't get that.

Well as I said, if it cost me $500 to have the light blocked and he gets to keep his light then, ok fine. That is just how I am. I am not out for ruining everyone else's pleasure so I can have my own. He spent a lot of money on that thing I am sure and if there was a way around him having to turn it off I was willing to take that extra step. I did, it isn't working out so I finally had to ask him to turn it down or off. Now I have what i want and he doesn' thave what he wants. Did he bring it on himself? Yes. Does that make me feel better about it? Not really.

Saul Good 01-10-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5377702)
Some people try to think of others. You are obviously worried about no one but you.

Keep telling yourself that. Way to rationalize your shortcomings. If you were really interested in being cognizant of your neighbor's well-being, you wouldn't have gone to the city to have him cited.

You would have rather had him fined than have to deal with the situation directly. If you really bought that tree so that everyone could be happy, then what about your neighbors? If the light is really as overwhelming as you made it out to be, why didn't you drop $500 on trees for each of them, too?

You were too much of a chickenshit to do something that takes about as much courage as it takes to ask a stranger if they know what time it is, and that tree is going to serve as a monument to your cowardice.

Braincase 01-10-2009 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The critical question all you m***** f*****s are failing to ask is pretty f*****g apparent to this m***** f*****.

Does your m***** f*****g neighbor look at all like this m***** f*****?

petegz28 01-10-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5377740)
Keep telling yourself that. Way to rationalize your shortcomings. If you were really interested in being cognizant of your neighbor's well-being, you wouldn't have gone to the city to have him cited.

You would have rather had him fined than have to deal with the situation directly. If you really bought that tree so that everyone could be happy, then what about your neighbors? If the light is really as overwhelming as you made it out to be, why didn't you drop $500 on trees for each of them, too?

You were too much of a chickenshit to do something that takes about as much courage as it takes to ask a stranger if they know what time it is, and that tree is going to serve as a monument to your cowardice.

Actually now, every time I look at that tree, I will remember what a selfish-prick Saul Good is and how I made an effort instead of just complaining cause I wasn't happy. Again, talk all the shit you want, tell us what a bad ass you are. You obviously have to take others down to build yourself off so have it, jack off.

But by all means, keep telling us how much of a man you are and what you think you know about everyone else, Arnold.

petegz28 01-10-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 5377753)
The critical question all you m***** f*****s are failing to ask is pretty f*****g apparent to this m***** f*****.

Does your m***** f*****g neighbor look at all like this m***** f*****?

My neighbor would whip Master Wundu's m*********ing ass all over the m***** ****ing placeass all over the place.

ROFL

That was a good one brain.....

RJ 01-10-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5377730)
Well as I said, if it cost me $500 to have the light blocked and he gets to keep his light then, ok fine. That is just how I am. I am not out for ruining everyone else's pleasure so I can have my own. He spent a lot of money on that thing I am sure and if there was a way around him having to turn it off I was willing to take that extra step. I did, it isn't working out so I finally had to ask him to turn it down or off. Now I have what i want and he doesn' thave what he wants. Did he bring it on himself? Yes. Does that make me feel better about it? Not really.

I have a dog that barks sometimes. When he does I bring him in right away. I used to let him out every night about 9:15 and invariably he would bark at something. One weekend my neighbor knocked on my door. He explained to me that he went to bed at 9:00 on weeknights as he left for work at 6AM and hearing the dog bark at 9:15 was bothering him.

The neighbor was very apologetic for having to bring it up. I told him that I much preferred being told of the problem rather than having a neighbor upset with me over a small issue.

That was two years ago. I still don't let the dog out after 8:30. And it's really not a big deal.

Saul Good 01-10-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 5377805)
I have a dog that barks sometimes. When he does I bring him in right away. I used to let him out every night about 9:15 and invariably he would bark at something. One weekend my neighbor knocked on my door. He explained to me that he went to bed at 9:00 on weeknights as he left for work at 6AM and hearing the dog bark at 9:15 was bothering him.

The neighbor was very apologetic for having to bring it up. I told him that I much preferred being told of the problem rather than having a neighbor upset with me over a small issue.

That was two years ago. I still don't let the dog out after 8:30. And it's really not a big deal.

That neighbor of yours must be some sort of badass.

petegz28 01-10-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

And I told him I tried to do what I could to block the light before coming over and complaining. Which is probably why he has done what he has done. I asked him to keep it off until 10:00 or get a dimmer bulb, after I made an effort that would of maybe allowed me to not have to complain to him at all.

To each their own. I really would of rather my tree actually worked then he could keep his light the way he wants it.

petegz28 01-10-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5377815)

Not as much of a bad ass as you are, obviously. :rolleyes:

Braincase 01-10-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5377815)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attac...1&d=1231646335

He knows how to shut a bitch up.

|Zach| 01-10-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

How tall was this guy.

This is VERY important information you left out.

And how tall are you.

Saul Good 01-10-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5377782)
Actually now, every time I look at that tree, I will remember what a selfish-prick Saul Good is and how I made an effort instead of just complaining cause I wasn't happy. Again, talk all the shit you want, tell us what a bad ass you are. You obviously have to take others down to build yourself off so have it, jack off.

But by all means, keep telling us how much of a man you are and what you think you know about everyone else, Arnold.

I'm not calling myself a badass, but your effeminate whining does make me look like one in comparison.

I find it interesting that you didn't buy trees for your entire neighborhood, though. If you really wanted to be such a swell guy and find a winning solution for everyone involved, you should have bought them trees too. I mean, that tree might have solved your problem, but the rest of your neighborhood was left to suffer under a light that burns with the intensity of an Olathe moon.

You're the guy that tried to have him cited without warning him first. That's a dick move.

You're the guy who's still calling him an asshole after he immediately agreed to your request.

You're the guy who started two threads about it and got all pissy when other posters pointed out the simple fact that you should have had the sack to go talk to the guy.

Saul Good 01-10-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5377848)
How tall was this guy.

And how tall are you.

That guy must be over 5'6. He was taking his life into his own hands.

RJ 01-10-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5377848)
How tall was this guy.

And how tall are you.

We're both about 6', but since he came to my door he had the element of surprise. Like a ****ing ninja neighbor.

petegz28 01-10-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5377873)
I'm not calling myself a badass, but your effeminate whining does make me look like one in comparison.

I find it interesting that you didn't buy trees for your entire neighborhood, though. If you really wanted to be such a swell guy and find a winning solution for everyone involved. I mean, that tree might have solved your problem, but the rest of your neighborhood to suffer under a light that burns with the intensity of an Olathe moon.

You're the guy that tried to have him cited without warning him first. That's a dick move.

You're the guy who's still calling him an asshole after he immediately agreed to your request.

You're the guy who started two threads about it and got all pissy when other posters pointed out the simple fact that you should have had the sack to go talk to the guy.

ROFL ok Arnold.....sure you aren't. You have had post after post telling me what a pussy I am, using terms as "beta male" and such.

You are insecure and obviously feel you need to prove what a bad ass you are on an message board. ;)

And I said it was a dick move to have him cited via the city. Sorry if Mr. Tough Guy missed that cause you were too worried about letting me know what a pussy I am and what a bad ass you are.

So keep up your sarcastic bullshit. The obvious fact is you are a selfish-prick that feels he needs to tear others down to make himself feel "manly".

Try getting a woman Tough Guy.....you might realize then what it is to be a man. I have actually been in situtations that would of had you in a corner crying I'll bet. But hey..you are the ARnold wanna-be and feel the need in every post to prove your manliness. LMAO

Saul Good 01-10-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 5377887)
We're both about 6', but since he came to my door he had the element of surprise. Like a ****ing ninja neighbor.

That really wasn't very neighborly of him. He should have spent $500 to soundproof his house first.

If he really wanted to be a good neighbor, he should have just tried to have the city fine you.

Saul Good 01-10-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5377906)
Try getting a woman Tough Guy.....you might realize then what it is to be a man. I have actually been in situtations that would of had you in a corner crying, I am sure. But hey..you are the ARnold wanna-be and feel the need in every post to prove your manliness. LMAO

I'm married, pillowbiter.

I'm sure you've been in plenty of terrible situations

Locked in lockers
Held upside down with your head in the toilet while it's flushed
Can't get on the adult rides at amusement parks

petegz28 01-10-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5377916)
That really wasn't very neighborly of him. He should have spent $500 to soundproof his house first.

If he really wanted to be a good neighbor, he should have just tried to have the city fine you.

Why do I get the feeling you were the guy in highschool that bragged about beating up the reeruned kids? :shrug:

petegz28 01-10-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5377935)
I'm married, pillowbiter.

I'm sure you've been in plenty of terrible situations

Locked in lockers
Held upside down with your head in the toilet while it's flushed
Can't get on the adult rides at amusement parks

ROFL indeed you were the guy who bragged about beating up the reeruned kids at school.

Pretty ****ing sad, guy. Pretty sad.

Saul Good 01-10-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5377937)
Why do I get the feeling you were the guy in highschool that bragged about beating up the reeruned kids? :shrug:

Not every human interaction involves violence. What have you endured in your life that you cower in fear of the most mundane situations?

If you haven't noticed, I'm defending the guy who isn't here to defend himself and give his side of the story. I'm the guy who would have protected you in highschool.

petegz28 01-10-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5377963)
Not every human interaction involves violence. What have you endured in your life that you cower in fear of the most mundane situations?

If you haven't noticed, I'm defending the guy who isn't here to defend himself and give his side of the story. I'm the guy who would have protected you in highschool.

If I even half-thought you were even close to sincere in this post I might humor you. You are defending a situation you know little about and trying to prove how tough you are in the process.

You are the guy who found the smallest, weakest kid and picked on him to make yourself feel tough. Little late for "I was the good guy" role.

What is to defend? He put up a light that breaks the law, I turned the other cheek and forked over $500 to avoid having to have him take it down or whatever and then decided to go to the city in efforts admittedly to sort of be a dick. And I still say a dick move on his part was deserving of such. But when it got to the point that it would involve police and such I didn't do it. You just wanted to sit here and take shots at me so you can show us all what a manly-man you are.

And I have found in my experience, guys that do that are usually the biggest pussy around. And usually the guy who everyone says is the real pussy (not pointing to myself) is the one who is more man than most if not all of us.

It doesn't take a man to talk tough, espeically on a message board. And it is always real easy to tell someone else what to do when you are in no way involved.

Now go pump your iron or Zach or whatever manly thing it is you do.

RJ 01-10-2009 10:38 PM

When we first moved in, the neighbor directly behind us had a fountain that sprayed the block wall between our properties. One day a man who worked for the builder was at our house and mentioned that this persistent water would harm the blocks. Since I was at work my wife decided to walk around the corner and knock on their door and tell them about it.

Amazingly, my 5' tall wife, with no defense other than our then 2 y/o daughter, was able to convince the tall black man - a firefighter it turns out, and heckuva nice guy - to move his fountain.

We're crazy like that.

petegz28 01-10-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 5378026)
When we first moved in, the neighbor directly behind us had a fountain that sprayed the block wall between our properties. One day a man who worked for the builder was at our house and mentioned that this persistent water would harm the blocks. Since I was at work my wife decided to walk around the corner and knock on their door and tell them about it.

Amazingly, my 5' tall wife, with no defense other than our then 2 y/o daughter, was able to convince the tall black man - a firefighter it turns out, and heckuva nice guy - to move his fountain.

We're crazy like that.

Oh JFC, you guys are taking some comments I made in jest and sarcasm just a little bit far.

Good night.

RJ 01-10-2009 10:46 PM

Good night, pete.

Saul Good 01-10-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5378020)
If I even half-thought you were even close to sincere in this post I might humor you. You are defending a situation you know little about and trying to prove how tough you are in the process.

You are the guy who found the smallest, weakest kid and picked on him to make yourself feel tough. Little late for "I was the good guy" role.

What is to defend? He put up a light that breaks the law, I turned the other cheek and forked over $500 to avoid having to have him take it down or whatever and then decided to go to the city in efforts admittedly to sort of be a dick. And I still say a dick move on his part was deserving of such. But when it got to the point that it would involve police and such I didn't do it. You just wanted to sit here and take shots at me so you can show us all what a manly-man you are.

And I have found in my experience, guys that do that are usually the biggest pussy around. And usually the guy who everyone says is the real pussy (not pointing to myself) is the one who is more man than most if not all of us.

It doesn't take a man to talk tough, espeically on a message board. And it is always real easy to tell someone else what to do when you are in no way involved.

Now go pump your iron or Zach or whatever manly thing it is you do.

This isn't about me at all, and I'm not the one trying to make it about me. You're trying to deflect it towards me because you were in the wrong.

You are a coward, and that is fine. Cowardice, in and of itself, doesn't really have much impact on others.

The problem is that you are also passive-aggressive. You are the type of person who makes life more difficult for the achievers of the world. The little temper-tantrums that you, and people like you, throw cause messes that the rest of us have to clean up.

This guy put a light in his yard that may or may not be brighter than the city allows. I am betting that it's not based on the fact that nobody complained in 5 months, and that the city has not cited him.

In your mind, you built this up into something that it wasn't. You made him out to be some inconsiderate prick who couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone but himself. You tried to have him cited by the city, but you stopped because you didn't have the balls to sign the complaint. You discussed destroying his property by shooting out the light. You even wasted $500 planting a stupid tree to block the light.

You did just about everything short of acting like a normal human being and asking him to turn it off at night.

As soon as this guy realized that his light was bothering someone else, he agreed to turn it off. You still rail on this guy and call him an asshole. If this guy had put up something truly over the top, that would be one thing. I've seen the pictures, though. It's borderline at worst. I'll take your word for it that it was a nuisance, but it's not like this guy is some crazy motherfucker for putting that thing up in a civilized society.

It's crap like this that ties up the courts and wastes the public's money. You're the type of guy who would sue Burger King because you got a regular Coke instead of a Diet Coke.

You are the smallest, weakest kid. There's no doubt about that. I'm not picking on you, though. I'm holding a mirror up in front of you because you are sorely lacking self-awareness.

I'm the kind of guy who would stick up for the weakling when he was getting his ass kicked, but I'd let him know that these things happen when you remind the teacher that she forgot to assign homework. Maybe the dork doesn't deserve everything he gets, but there's usually an element of bringing it upon himself.

If that guy would have told you to go F yourself, I would completely defend you, but he didn't. He immediately turned it off at night. Give him a break and get a life.

petegz28 01-10-2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5378094)
This isn't about me at all, and I'm not the one trying to make it about me. You're trying to deflect it towards me because you were in the wrong.

You are a coward, and that is fine. Cowardice, in and of itself, doesn't really have much impact on others.

The problem is that you are also passive-aggressive. You are the type of person who makes life more difficult for the achievers of the world. The little temper-tantrums that you, and people like you, throw cause messes that the rest of us have to clean up.

This guy put a light in his yard that may or may not be brighter than the city allows. I am betting that it's not based on the fact that nobody complained in 5 months, and that the city has not cited him.

In your mind, you built this up into something that it wasn't. You made him out to be some inconsiderate prick who couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone but himself. You tried to have him cited by the city, but you stopped because you didn't have the balls to sign the complaint. You discussed destroying his property by shooting out the light. You even wasted $500 planting a stupid tree to block the light.

You did just about everything short of acting like a normal human being and asking him to turn it off at night.

As soon as this guy realized that his light was bothering someone else, he agreed to turn it off. You still rail on this guy and call him an asshole. If this guy had put up something truly over the top, that would be one thing. I've seen the pictures, though. It's borderline at worst. I'll take your word for it that it was a nuisance, but it's not like this guy is some crazy motherfucker for putting that thing up in a civilized society.

It's crap like this that ties up the courts and wastes the public's money. You're the type of guy who would sue Burger King because you got a regular Coke instead of a Diet Coke.

You are the smallest, weakest kid. There's no doubt about that. I'm not picking on you, though. I'm holding a mirror up in front of you because you are sorely lacking self-awareness.

I'm the kind of guy who would stick up for the weakling when he was getting his ass kicked, but I'd let him know that these things happen when you remind the teacher that she forgot to assign homework. Maybe the dork doesn't deserve everything he gets, but there's usually an element of bringing it upon himself.

If that guy would have told you to go F yourself, I would completely defend you, but he didn't. He immediately turned it off at night. Give him a break and get a life.

ROFL Ok tough guy...if you say so

That was a pretty impressive temper tantrum you just threw yourself...

Keep telling us how much of a cool and tough guy you are......I know I am impressed

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2009 11:11 PM

Hope you've all enjoyed your evening.

petegz28 01-10-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5378132)
Hope you've all enjoyed your evening.

I think Saul is feeling guilty about taking it up the ass from someone so he decided to use me to show how much of a man he really is to deal with his own personal guilt.

Glad I could help. :D

Saul Good 01-10-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5378144)
I think Saul is feeling guilty about taking it up the ass from someone so he decided to use me to show how much of a man he really is to deal with his own personal guilt.

Way to make it about me again.

You started the thread, Braveheart. Have fun living out the rest of your cowardly little life, always plotting behind the scenes against those who have wronged you. You'll show them. They'll be sorry...someday.

Shouldn't you be somewhere shooting up a school?

|Zach| 01-10-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5378144)

Creepy post.

You are a strange guy.

petegz28 01-10-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5378170)
Way to make it about me again.

You started the thread, Braveheart. Have fun living out the rest of your cowardly little life, always plotting behind the scenes against those who have wronged you. You'll show them. They'll be sorry...someday.

Shouldn't you be somewhere shooting up a school?

ROFL you crack me up, I will say that. I admitted even in my OP I am a dick. But you my friend, you have some severe insecurity issues. Now isn't it time you put on your cape and go defend the defenseless there, Superman?

Thig Lyfe 01-10-2009 11:27 PM

Stab him to death with a giant icicle and melt the evidence.

petegz28 01-10-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5378179)
Creepy post.

You are a strange guy.

Touche, I should of worded that a little better, I must admit. :D

Mojo Rising 01-10-2009 11:29 PM

This happened to me a couple of years ago. The house next to me sold and a new neighbor moved in. He noticed an empty socket on his deck and put a bulb in it. Little did he know that the prior owner took the bulb out because it was faced at my bedroom.

When they turned it on for the 1st time I went next door and alerted them that it was not acceptable. They turned the light off. A couple weeks later they turned the switch on again which caused me to again go next door to let them know about the problem.

They again turned the light off and removed the bulb that faced my bedroom. They still switch their deck lights on and I haven't been there since because the lights dont face my window.

My guess is that you should have gone over and told them of the problem before contacting the authorities. They might not have known it bothered you and then when you didn't go over and tell them then they felt re-assured it was OK.

petegz28 01-10-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 5378190)
This happened to me a couple of years ago. The house next to me sold and a new neighbor moved in. He noticed an empty socket on his deck and put a bulb in it. Little did he know that the prior owner took the bulb out because it was faced at my bedroom.

When they turned it on for the 1st time I went next door and alerted them that it was not acceptable. They turned the light off. A couple weeks later they turned the switch on again which caused me to again go next door to let them know about the problem.

They again turned the light off and removed the bulb that faced my bedroom. They still switch their deck lights on and I haven't been there since because the lights dont face my window.

My guess is that you should have gone over and told them of the problem before contacting the authorities. They might not have known it bothered you and then when you didn't go over and tell them then they felt re-assured it was OK.

For the record, the guy was never once contacted by the city or police. No one has talked to him that I know of, other than myself. Although I have a feeling the people across the street from him are probably thanking me. Either way the light is off. And really I feel bad cause I just asked him to keep it off until 10:00.

patteeu 01-11-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 5378026)

We're crazy like that.

We all know why your wife approached that black man, and it wasn't because your wall was wet.

patteeu 01-11-2009 11:15 AM

This thread made me realize that I've got a super-nova-bright constellation of 5 lights in my front yard. I think I've got either 75 watt or 100 watt bulbs in each of them. It really lights up the place well. I wonder how many of my neighbors are living lives of secret agony.

Iowanian 01-11-2009 11:41 AM

Some of you could just invest in a shade or curtain and stop being douchebags to your neighbors.

I've got a douchebag for a neighbor, but at least I let him proove it before getting mad.

I'll really get even with his ass this spring after I finish landscaping after the remodel that irritates him so much. I'll probably even string some solar powered lighting around that will make him think he's looking into an arc welder without a mask.

Thanks for the idea.

Saul Good 01-11-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5378196)
I have a feeling the people across the street from him are probably thanking me.

So you're a hero in your own mind. Kudos.

They are probably trying to work up the courage to knock on your door and say thanks. Don't take it personally if they just send you a letter, though.

Sully 01-11-2009 02:34 PM

I agree with Pete, here. As a matter of fact, I've got a lawsuit pending against God himself for putting that damn sun up... Screwing up my deck time. The selfish prick even made it so that it reflects off the moon at night, meaning I can rarely get away from it!

wutamess 01-11-2009 09:23 PM

Why do I have this image:

Petegz28:
http://mymoviebanners.com/pics/napol...dynamite-5.jpg

against...

Big black neighbor:
http://blogs.bet.com/news/playahater...imbo_slice.jpg

petegz28 02-13-2009 07:51 PM

Ok, so after talking with the guy the light was shut off. Until tonight....now it is back on in all its brightness. So, now that I have tried the friendly neighbor request route....what would you do? Go back over? Call the city? Ignore and deal? Personally knowing that it has to involve the Police I am reluctant to do anything. But nonetheless I am curious to hear what others think?

Iowanian 02-13-2009 07:57 PM

Turning the light back on is his sexual Bat-light.

Does anyone in your house smell like your neighbor?

The police will tell you you're being a dbag.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-13-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5489334)
Ok, so after talking with the guy the light was shut off. Until tonight....now it is back on in all its brightness. So, now that I have tried the friendly neighbor request route....what would you do? Go back over? Call the city? Ignore and deal? Personally knowing that it has to involve the Police I am reluctant to do anything. But nonetheless I am curious to hear what others think?

Chill out and see what he does tomorrow.

petegz28 02-13-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 5489364)
Turning the light back on is his sexual Bat-light.

Does anyone in your house smell like your neighbor?

The police will tell you you're being a dbag.

Probably. Of course they don't have to live with it. It's just ****ing irritating as all hell.

Iowanian 02-13-2009 08:09 PM

Don't look over there? Pull the curtain/shades down?

You're lucky you don't have a neighbor with legitimate reasons to be pissed about.

Frazod 02-13-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5373379)
Pellet gun.

After you've shot the bulb out enough times, they'll get the message.

Bump.

petegz28 02-13-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 5489400)
Don't look over there? Pull the curtain/shades down?

You're lucky you don't have a neighbor with legitimate reasons to be pissed about.

Probably. Just pisses me off I have to pull the shades to enjoy a meal at my dining room table.

Iowanian 02-13-2009 08:22 PM

Sit in a chair facing away from the window....

Mr. Flopnuts 02-13-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 5489436)

Really? You are civilwanian.

petegz28 02-13-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 5489436)

Why? Then all I get to do is see it lighting up my front door.

The_Doctor10 02-14-2009 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5373402)
No and for a few reasons:

1. I do not know them
2. Anyone who would keep a light on so bright isn't going to care
3. Anyon who realizes the light is so bright they have to turn it off so their x-mas lights will eb visible, tne they turn it back on, isn't going to care
4. Since I do not know them you never know what sort of confrontation may occur.

be a man, talk to them. Any confrontation that arises is gonna be far less serious than the one that will arise after you haul his ass into court over a LIGHT!

Rausch 02-14-2009 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5489466)
Why? Then all I get to do is see it lighting up my front door.

Teenagers are such angry vandals.

They take their BB guns and shoot out car windows, street lights, and bay windows.

They do around here anyway...:evil:

Rausch 02-14-2009 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5489449)
Really? You are civilwanian.

Domesti-cated-wanian...