ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Pittbulls kill 2 year old and 5 month old (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345487)

seamonster 10-10-2022 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 16516769)
Pretty ignorant statement. So how do you feel about black men who are 6 percent of the population but account for 52 percent of murders? Kill em all?

Of course not. I've had two Greater Swiss Mountain dogs and a Rott. All three were the most gentle dogs I've ever had. My roommate in school had a Pitt and I'd wrestle around with that big baby all the time. Gentle as can be. You don't leave a toddler or infant with any dog. Your statement is ignorant. This tragedy is on mom and which ever kid was tormenting the dog.

Couldn't disagree more with this. I'd put a pure-bred Pit up against ANY other breed in a fight because they are bred to be apex dog fighters like a Doberman was bred to guard. And unlike Dobies, the Pit breeders have done a shit job of removing the gameness in Pits. Pit's represent the vast number of dog attack and it's not just the owners. this lady probably did everything in her power to care for these animals and they still mauled her and killed those kids when the switch went off.

htismaqe 10-10-2022 07:54 AM

Aggressive breeds are aggressive. There's only so much nurturing you can do to combat nature.

I have a new rescue that came out of the womb biting and growling. He's an aggressive breed and guess what? He's aggressive. Fortunately he only weighs 5 pounds.

Abba-Dabba 10-10-2022 07:59 AM

Quote:

Pretty ignorant statement. So how do you feel about black men who are 6 percent of the population but account for 52 percent of murders? Kill em all?

Of course not. I've had two Greater Swiss Mountain dogs and a Rott. All three were the most gentle dogs I've ever had. My roommate in school had a Pitt and I'd wrestle around with that big baby all the time. Gentle as can be. You don't leave a toddler or infant with any dog. Your statement is ignorant. This tragedy is on mom and which ever kid was tormenting the dog.

Silly. Dogs don't have the same rights as humans. Even not as many rights as humans that murder other humans.

Frazod 10-10-2022 08:10 AM

I've just never understood the need to have a dog like that as a pet. I get the protection issue, but there are better options available. As several people have mentioned, even the ones who are raised correctly by attentive, responsible owners can still snap for reasons known only to the them. You never think it will happen until it does. And while I'm not in the ban 'em all camp, I'm definitely in the wouldn't give a shit if they were banned camp.

MagicalFruit 10-10-2022 08:11 AM

Quote:

The tragedy is on mom and dad for ever having a pittbull within striking distance of their children. **** those dogs, FR.

Abba-Dabba 10-10-2022 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16516793)
Aggressive breeds are aggressive. There's only so much nurturing you can do to combat nature.

I have a new rescue that came out of the womb biting and growling. He's an aggressive breed and guess what? He's aggressive. Fortunately he only weighs 5 pounds.

There is a Armenian family that lives down the block from me. They have this ****ing chihuahua that they just let roam wherever in the neighborhood trying to terrorize anything it can. Chases cars, charges and chases people walking down the street. Gets pepper sprayed by the mailman and still comes back for more. Little ****er is relentless day in and day out. I'm surprised the little ****er hasn't been run over yet tbh.

Here comes me and through the years the little ****er has realized I'm not the one and wants no part of me. Saw him chasing the mailman the other day as I was pulling out of the driveway. I stopped, got out and simply told the mother****er to shut up and go the **** home. He stops in his tracks, looks at me and turns around and goes home.

I'm betting if it were a pit bull it wouldn't have taken my words to heed. It would have rather had some lead instead.

htismaqe 10-10-2022 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 16516823)
There is a Armenian family that lives down the block from me. They have this ****ing chihuahua that they just let roam wherever in the neighborhood trying to terrorize anything it can. Chases cars, charges and chases people walking down the street. Gets pepper sprayed by the mailman and still comes back for more. Little ****er is relentless day in and day out. I'm surprised the little ****er hasn't been run over yet tbh.

Here comes me and through the years the little ****er has realized I'm not the one and wants no part of me. Saw him chasing the mailman the other day as I was pulling out of the driveway. I stopped, got out and simply told the mother****er to shut up and go the **** home. He stops in his tracks, looks at me and turns around and goes home.

I'm betting if it were a pit bull it wouldn't have taken my words to heed. It would have rather had some lead instead.

Exactly. Our little shit listens when you raise your voice. He's testing dominance and if you show him verbally you mean business, he backs off. A bigger dog might just choose to test that boundary physically.

If he were even 10 pounds heavier, he might be a bit dangerous. We wouldn't be keeping him at all if he were 30-40 pounds bigger. He would be dangerous.

FlaChief58 10-10-2022 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 16516791)
Pit breeders have done a shit job of removing the gameness in Pits.

That's because every slap dick that owns one of these killing machines thinks they can make a few bucks by breeding them even though they have no idea what they're doing. The shelters here are FULL of unwanted pit bulls because people don't realize what they're getting into when they get one.

My wife and I are dog lovers and own our own pet sitting business since 07. We used to take all breeds, but had to stop taking pitts and German shepherds do to their nature and at the advice of our insurance agent. They told us that we would not be covered if one of them attacked us or another dog.

tooge 10-10-2022 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 16516791)
Couldn't disagree more with this. I'd put a pure-bred Pit up against ANY other breed in a fight because they are bred to be apex dog fighters like a Doberman was bred to guard. And unlike Dobies, the Pit breeders have done a shit job of removing the gameness in Pits. Pit's represent the vast number of dog attack and it's not just the owners. this lady probably did everything in her power to care for these animals and they still mauled her and killed those kids when the switch went off.

Then don't have little kids around them. Do you own a gun? I do, I own several. They are in a gun safe. Point is, if something is or can be dangerous, then take the appropriate measures so that people aren't hurt or killed.

Frazod 10-10-2022 08:24 AM

I ****ing hate chihuahuas. My idiot BIL has one. Brings the nasty little ****er to the FIL's house for holidays. I was sitting on the couch one Christmas and it jumped up next to me so I started petting it. After a few minutes it nipped me for no reason. I wanted to punt it across the room.

htismaqe 10-10-2022 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16516840)
I ****ing hate chihuahuas. My idiot BIL has one. Brings the nasty little ****er to the FIL's house for holidays. I was sitting on the couch one Christmas and it jumped up next to me so I started petting it. After a few minutes it nipped me for no reason. I wanted to punt it across the room.

Ours had Parvo at 6 weeks. He's fortunate to be alive. That being said, I think the whole experience just strengthened his resolve. He's going to be hell to train but we'll get it done. I've only ever had to give up 2 dogs (we rescue a lot of animals) that we rescued for aggressiveness and they were both much larger.

Frazod 10-10-2022 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16516842)
Ours had Parvo at 6 weeks. He's fortunate to be alive. That being said, I think the whole experience just strengthened his resolve. He's going to be hell to train but we'll get it done. I've only ever had to give up 2 dogs (we rescue a lot of animals) that we rescued for aggressiveness and they were both much larger.

My dog days are long since over. I don't have to walk my cats on a leash when it's 95 degrees outside or there's two feet of snow on the ground. Plus they don't try to eat our houseguests.

htismaqe 10-10-2022 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16516847)
My dog days are long since over. I don't have to walk my cats on a leash when it's 95 degrees outside or there's two feet of snow on the ground. Plus they don't try to eat our houseguests.

We currently have 4 dogs and 13 cats (most of the cats are outdoors). I raised my kids wrong I guess because we will take in pretty much anything nobody else wants. :D

Frazod 10-10-2022 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16516850)
We currently have 4 dogs and 13 cats (most of the cats are outdoors). I raised my kids wrong I guess because we will take in pretty much anything nobody else wants. :D

Jesus, you're a glutton for punishment, aren't you? :D

tredadda 10-10-2022 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 16516836)
Then don't have little kids around them. Do you own a gun? I do, I own several. They are in a gun safe. Point is, if something is or can be dangerous, then take the appropriate measures so that people aren't hurt or killed.

I see what you mean, but comparing guns which are inanimate objects that are only harmful when mishandled to a dog like that is completely different.

FlaChief58 10-10-2022 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16516847)

That's where we are. Once our 2 dogs are gone, we're not getting any more pets. The way our business works, we never really know when we can get away. We want to be able to take off for a couple days when we have the chance without worrying about our dogs

mr. tegu 10-10-2022 08:49 AM

I’m still genuinely curious what the appeal of a pit bull is that you choose to get one over any of the other options out there less prone to violent aggression. And I mean appeal of the dog, not owners stubbornness or desire to say they have one of the good pit bulls.

notorious 10-10-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 16516823)

I submitted this into the "Are you Alpha" thread.

Lew will post results soon.

htismaqe 10-10-2022 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 16516871)
I’m still genuinely curious what the appeal of a pit bull is that you choose to get one over any of the other options out there less prone to violent aggression. And I mean appeal of the dog, not owners stubbornness or desire to say they have one of the good pit bulls.

I can only speak from personal experience but around here, people want pits for all of the traits normal people DON'T want.

In other words, they get a pit because they want an aggressive, alpha dog. Honesty, for most around here, pits are just like tattoos. It's a symbol of "street tough".

notorious 10-10-2022 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16516840)

I will admit I've kicked and smacked dogs before. I don't want to, and I take zero pleasure in it (well, that's a lie on a very few occasions).

I work in at least 150-200 houses every year. You run into every kind of animal owner, and their shitbag pets.

If they actively attack my hands or ankles, they get dealt with. It's better they catch one strong slap or kick early, find out I'm not to be ****ed with, and leave me alone.

It's happened very few times, but damn.

Discuss Thrower 10-10-2022 08:56 AM

Thoughts and prayers. Nothing can be done.

Mephistopheles Janx 10-10-2022 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 16516767)
Sure, many pits are dangerous but MINE isn't dangerous... Mine's a scaredy cat that wouldn't hurt a fly

Mine is 42lbs and is only 22% pitty. It is a logistics thing. He *literally* weighs as much as a 4 month old Pitty. While he wouldn't hurt a fly... he can barely jump high enough to bite the average person's knee much less maul anyone to death.

I say again... that cat would **** me up 10x worse than this particular pitty who cuddles with little baby chicks and protects them.

Quote:

This is a very familiar saying in threads where a dog did something "it's never done before" and tore apart somebody's kids
I'll ask you the same question I did Easy. Is it like the one-drop rule for you where *ANY* percentage of pitty makes the dog a murder monster?

RunKC 10-10-2022 09:01 AM

It’s the same risk as owning a Bear, tiger, lion or wolf as a pet.

They’re aggressive dangerous animals. You can’t ever think that they aren’t gonna have their nature come out at any time.

Just not worth it to me

Eleazar 10-10-2022 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 16516898)

They’re aggressive dangerous animals. You can’t ever think that they aren’t gonna have their nature come out at any time.

Just not worth it to me

They don’t even have to be aggressive day to day. Last year there was a woman in St Louis who was torn apart by a pair of them after a storm scared the dogs and they ran out of their yard, which had an invisible fence

Abba-Dabba 10-10-2022 09:15 AM

Quote:

Because it's not cool to have a breed of dog that can't kill your dog.

Then you have all the Darren's and Karen's of the pit world that come out of the woodwork when one of these shit breeds kills or maims someone about how their cuddly and cute fido that they just happened to name "didhebitecha" wouldn't ever harm a flea.

Pablo 10-10-2022 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 16516921)
They don’t even have to be aggressive day to day. Last year there was a woman in St Louis who was torn apart by a pair of them after a storm scared the dogs and they ran out of their yard, which had an invisible fence

The dogs feared for their lives. Were they not supposed to murder the first human they came across??

TinyEvel 10-10-2022 09:17 AM

This is why we only have a shih-tsu

RockChalk 10-10-2022 09:20 AM

Just checking in to see if BigDaddy has posted 10 narrative controlled articles about how pits are just misunderstood.

Mephistopheles Janx 10-10-2022 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 16516931)
This is why we only have a shih-tsu

My pitty mix may be related...

https://i.imgur.com/Vdhu9zo.jpg

PAChiefsGuy 10-10-2022 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 16516898)

Just not worth it to me

I'll agree that Pitbull isn't the right breed for a lot of ppl.

However, if you think owning a Pitbull is the same as owning a Bear, Tiger, Lion, or wolf as a pet I need to get some of that shit you smoking. Must be some good stuff.

MagicalFruit 10-10-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

As I read your first sentence I began immediately forming the answer in my head..which ended up being your second sentence. Other than that, I got nothing for you.

DJ's left nut 10-10-2022 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 16516581)
1. The person walking by has no knowledge of either the disposition of your dog or the presence of your invisible fence. Just rude at the very least. Maybe you live at the end of a long deserted street and no one ever walks by.

2. Would an invisible fence stop you from protecting your children from a threat? Pretend all you want, but an intent dog isn’t going to be stopped by an invisible fence.

It's my dog in his front yard. He's not wandering the neighborhood - he's in his front yard with the family while we play basketball or ride bikes or whatever.

If he accosts them or sits there growling/barking at them, that's a problem. And yes, that's what I've spent literally thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours training him to prevent. But if they are scared of a dog standing in a driveway, they can simply cross to the other side of the street.

It's a dog outside with its family. I'm not going to apologize for it.

seamonster 10-10-2022 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 16516979)

However, if you think owning a Pitbull is the same as owning a Bear, Tiger, Lion, or wolf as a pet I need to get some of that shit you smoking. Must be some good stuff.

Pitbulls were designed from breeds that were bred to kill bears for gambling and lol's.

Eleazar 10-10-2022 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 16516979)

Is there much of a difference to a child in the neighborhood or a jogger going by? A human can’t chase down a motivated pit bull and an invisible fence won’t contain one if the switch flips.

tooge 10-10-2022 09:57 AM

Quote:

I don't have a problem with pitt's, although I've never personally owned one ( just my roommates). We were looking to adopt a dog last year when my Swissy died. Looking on the shelter websites, and most of the dogs for adoption are pitts or pitt mixes. That might be why.

Iowanian 10-10-2022 10:31 AM

I won't suggest that everyone who has a pitbull is a douchebag, but it is definitely the preferred breed of dog of the douchebag population.

I have a zero-tolerance policy for any asshole dog, regardless of breed. The difference is, my sister in law's dumb****, asshole weiner dog just growls and shits on the floor...it doesn't kill babies when it decides to do so. Come to think of it, I'd feed that dog to a pit.

A couple of years ago, some hobo skank had what I assume was a black poodle mix of some kind that grabbed me by the leg when I was walking down a sidewalk in Portland. That lady and a couple of bystanders were yelling at ME while I was kicking a dog that was actively biting me, growling and shaking its head. I wish I'd have had a hammer in my work bag.

kcbubb 10-10-2022 11:01 AM

Society loves animals too much. Flame away. I don’t care. Culture prioritizes animals over people and it drives me crazy. When you love a dog like a person, that needs to be a red flag for psychological problems. It’s a crutch.

Eleazar 10-10-2022 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 16517198)
Society loves animals too much. Flame away. I don’t care. Culture prioritizes animals over people and it drives me crazy. When you love a dog like a person, that needs to be a red flag for psychological problems. It’s a crutch.

Treating animals like people is indicative of some ways our society is messed up. True.

FlaChief58 10-10-2022 11:08 AM

Quote:

Along those lines, one of our clients has 7 chihuahuas that she brings over for us to watch. When we first met her, she kept calling one of them her "husband". We were both confused and asked her if that was his name. She told us that no, she was in fact married to him. They had a ceremony, she wore a wedding dress and had him in a tux. ****ing crazy town, but she pays well so whatever...

notorious 10-10-2022 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaChief58 (Post 16517207)
Along those lines, one of our clients has 7 chihuahuas that she brings over for us to watch. When we first met her, she kept calling one of them her "husband". We were both confused and asked her if that was his name. She told us that no, she was in fact married to him. They had a ceremony, she wore a wedding dress and had him in a tux. ****ing crazy town, but she pays well so whatever...

Florida things.

htismaqe 10-10-2022 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 16517038)
I don't have a problem with pitt's, although I've never personally owned one ( just my roommates). We were looking to adopt a dog last year when my Swissy died. Looking on the shelter websites, and most of the dogs for adoption are pitts or pitt mixes. That might be why.

The reason there's so many pits up for adoption is because they're THE popular breed amongst bad pet owners.

Other places might have other breeds that have high "give up" rates. In California, for example, there's a lot of toy breeds in shelters because people buy designer dogs as accessories and don't realize until after they get them that pets are a lot of ****ing work.

But around here, the shelters are full of pits. People get them thinking they're buying a samurai sword or Glock. "Hey, look at Mauler. My dog is tougher than your dog". Then the dog does something bad and they're not prepared for the fallout. And when I say "bad" I don't just mean attacking somebody. I knew somebody whose pit chewed the corner off a 75G acrylic aquarium while there was fish in it.

Pablo 10-10-2022 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaChief58 (Post 16517207)

That lady needs to be put down. Back over her husband in your car and maybe she’ll take herself out.

mr. tegu 10-10-2022 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 16517038)

Availability might be interesting hypothesis for those with kids.

FlaChief58 10-10-2022 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 16517235)
That lady needs to be put down. Back over her husband in your car and maybe she’ll take herself out.

She pays my wife's car payment and our auto insurance every month. She gets to live

mr. tegu 10-10-2022 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16516876)
I can only speak from personal experience but around here, people want pits for all of the traits normal people DON'T want.

In other words, they get a pit because they want an aggressive, alpha dog. Honesty, for most around here, pits are just like tattoos. It's a symbol of "street tough".

That’s interesting and certainly at least makes logical sense for individuals or adults without kids or around kids. But for those with kids something like that reasoning would definitely fall into owner stubbornness and not actually worrying about what’s right for the dog or family.

Mecca 10-10-2022 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 16517240)
That’s interesting and certainly at least makes logical sense for individuals or adults without kids or around kids. But for those with kids something like that reasoning would definitely fall into owner stubbornness and not actually worrying about what’s right for the dog or family.

Lots of people make decisions based on nothing that matters. To many complete idiots that can't even take care of themselves have multiple kids and pets.

mr. tegu 10-10-2022 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 16517206)
Treating animals like people is indicative of some ways our society is messed up. True.

It’s the opposite. Treating animals bad as a child and otherwise abusing or harming them, ie not treating them with respect deserving of a person, is a pretty reasonable sign of future violence and behavior problems.

Bob Dole 10-10-2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

I ended up with mine because a young couple bought him and their landlord saw him and said he had to go. They knew I’d take care of him, so here we are.

seamonster 10-10-2022 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16517242)
Lots of people make decisions based on nothing that matters. To many complete idiots that can't even take care of themselves have multiple kids and pets.

You have no idea. I took a metro to Nats park with my kids. There was a loose pit on the metro car. The owner was "experiencing homelessness" and wigged out on drugs two seats in front of me and the dog tunneled it's way up to my kids seat. Train was packed. Idiots around me were treating it like it was a labradoodle which kept it's attention off my small child. Eventually the dog went back to the bum and he put the dog into a bear hug and laid down in the seat. Could hear growling and yipping. Wild situation.

Abba-Dabba 10-10-2022 11:45 AM

Quote:

Thankfully the legal system doesn't prioritize animals over humans.

htismaqe 10-10-2022 12:03 PM

Quote:

Exactly. Again, only speaking of my personal experience but the vast majority of bad pit owners are also shit parents. Their kids are constantly in harm's way, with or without a potentially vicious dog in the mix.

tooge 10-10-2022 12:05 PM

Quote:

I like most dogs much better than most people. People are selfish, idiotic, greedy, etc. Yeah, some dogs are assholes, but most are great. Yell at someone when you leave work today and see how they treat you tomorrow. Yell at your dog when you leave the house and see the difference when you get home.

Eleazar 10-10-2022 12:06 PM

Quote:

To many complete idiots

Teehee

louie aguiar 01-09-2023 09:18 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">7-year-old Louisiana girl mauled to death in yard by neighbor&#39;s pitbull <a href="https://t.co/qw27FcTzzg">https://t.co/qw27FcTzzg</a> <a href="https://t.co/0fb2fVWGSB">pic.twitter.com/0fb2fVWGSB</a></p>&mdash; New York Post (@nypost) <a href="https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1612549794987122712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

threebag 01-09-2023 10:26 PM

I have always been against this breed of dog, but I got a chance to know a great one. He was a rescue dog and prior to that he was a bait dog. His lips had been basically removed. He always looked like he was smiling. The more I was around him my feelings about pit bulls was challenged. He was such an awesome dog. He was white and weighed about 120lbs. He was the calmest most perfect pet/friend you could have. He would make such the perfect circle with his blanket when he slept under it (always). He was such a great dog. He was probably the greatest lap dog anyone could have. I am still not a fan of pit bulls, but Diesel was a great dog. I miss him a lot, he was my son-in-laws dog. Every time I was around Diesel, I always made sure he received most of my attention. I think the dog has to have a great owner for the chance to be a great pet. I hate pet owners that just chain them up or mistreat them in any way. If you can’t let the animal be part of your family, you really don’t need the pet. RIP Diesel I miss you tons.

Chiefspants 01-09-2023 10:46 PM

Working dogs were bred to work
Herding dogs were bred to herd
Sporting dogs were bred to sport
Pit Bulls were bred to-

GloucesterChief 01-09-2023 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 16726274)
Working dogs were bred to work
Herding dogs were bred to herd
Sporting dogs were bred to sport
Pit Bulls were bred to-

exterminate vermin. That is what terriers were bred for.

Chiefspants 01-09-2023 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 16726286)
exterminate vermin. That is what terriers were bred for.

Especially effective at squaring up on vermin like this.

https://th-thumbnailer.cdn-si-edu.co...-584683068.jpg

comochiefsfan 01-09-2023 11:16 PM

Enough with these stupid dogs.

Take care of the ones that are already alive. But ban breeding them immediately.

Seriously, how many people are we going to let these things kill?

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-10-2023 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 16726290)

Take care of the ones that are already alive. But ban breeding them immediately.

SPchief 01-10-2023 05:56 AM

Quote:

Ban all dogs

https://nypost.com/2022/12/23/newbor...og-police-say/

https://www.city-data.com/forum/dogs...ily-dog-3.html

https://abc7ny.com/infant-killed-dog...agedy/2329545/

cabletech94 01-10-2023 06:36 AM

So many heartbreaking stories.

mr. tegu 01-10-2023 07:37 AM

Pittbulls kill 2 year old and 5 month old

My sister finally got rid of hers (it was a mix) after it started getting aggressive with their other dog and in general becoming erratic. Would have only taken one instance of that aggressive behavior on one of the little kids to have a bad outcome. Glad they didn’t shrug it off and say “its one of the good ones and just needs more attention!”

crayzkirk 01-10-2023 07:58 AM

There are no bad dogs, only bad dog owners.

One thing that many do not do is train themselves to know how to control their dogs. Without structure, dogs will assume they are the leader of the pack. They also humanize their animals thinking they understand language. Pit Bulls are seen as a status symbol by many owners, they are tough guys because they have the bad ass dog.

I had an 85lb Dalmation; he was pretty much uncontrollable. I took myself and him to dog school; it wasn't easy and sometimes wasn't fun however the dog and person that came out of that school had a new respect for each other and I had a dog that wouldn't run away if the door was left open.

No one ever believes their dog could do something like that; they need to remember that this is an animal and not a person, they can and will behave like animals.

Eleazar 01-10-2023 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayzkirk (Post 16726440)

Well, yeah but when a Yorkie gets pissed off it’s not a killing machine.

Chiefspants 01-10-2023 08:53 AM

Quote:

Cool. So what should we do to prevent bad dog owners from getting these dogs?

Because I gotta be honest, the bad encounters I've had with dogs in the last 5 years have both been pits with bad owners. In my wife and I's last place, the neighbor's pit bull bit off part of our wooden fence and attacked our roommate's shepherd mix in our own backyard. My roommate and I bear hugged the pit to keep it from killing her dog. We knew full well the pit bull could **** us up or kill one of us if it wanted to, but thankfully that dog was just a derp to humans.

Our neighbors insisted that the pit was less dangerous than their 3 German Shepherds (all that were just left outside in their backyard 24/7). But those German Shepherds never ate our ****ing wooden fence or tried to kill our roommates dogs. We installed metal wire fencing behind our wooden fence after that. The dog tried to get through another time, but never made it through the metal.

In our new house, a person down the street lets his pit run loose just whenever. The dog is nice enough, ran up to me as I was bagging groceries once wanting to play (after that my wife and I now carry bear mace whenever we go out on a walk). Unfortunately, my wife and I's Australian Shepherd is leash aggressive, and would try to attack that pit bull if we ever took it on a walk in our neighborhood. Talked to the guy down the street, who said that was a problem with our dog. 👍

Folks on our street have called the police/animal control on that pit when it's running loose, and yet, the dog still runs around free at least a couple of times a month. Hope it doesn't end in disaster for my children, wife, or any of the other kids who live in our area!

Titty Meat 01-10-2023 08:58 AM

**** pittbulls

FlaChief58 01-10-2023 09:05 AM

Quote:

That does play into it, but pitts are known for snapping and turning on their owners for no reason. Add that to the fact that they are powerful enough to kill their victim and it's no wonder that they have the stigma they do

notorious 01-10-2023 09:06 AM

If the breed disappeared tomorrow I wouldn't give two shits.

Can't say that about many other animals/breeds.

BigBeauford 01-10-2023 09:07 AM

I was told by a poster here that vaccines kill, but pitbulls are as cuddly as a guinea pig.

Gravedigger 01-10-2023 09:08 AM

I do feel for the parents on that one, but your kids are both 2 years old or less so saying you haven't had incident for the past 8 years is kind of a mute point when animals have only been introduced to that environment for a quarter of that time.

She's not going to tell you if they mistreated the dogs, if they were abusive in any way to set off these animals, because that would make either of them liable in their childrens deaths. There are no bad dogs, but there are breeds that are extreme and take extra care and training to make sure these types of situations don't occur. People are generally absorbed into their own lives and don't provide that extra care or training on a consistent, if at all, basis. Everything in the pounds is a pit bull mix nowadays it seems, you go on Pet Finder that's pretty much all you see is some form of pit mix, so the lack of control over breeding is a concern if the breed is an extreme breed like malinois, akita, doberman, rottweiler, etc.

TheGuardian 01-10-2023 09:08 AM

Quote:

This blanket statement is absolutely untrue and is repeated far too often.

I have a friend who does drive training for dogs and he would tell you this statement is so beyond false and irresponsible and ignorant. He has said publicly that some dogs, regardless of breed cannot get to a high level of control by ANY owner. Period. And you're just some guy that's seen too many episodes of Caesar.

Dogs have a wide array of learning capabilities, behaviors, and individual traits that make them unique.

It is true that a good owner gives every dog a better chance, but there are literally dogs that have anxiety disorders, and mental disorders.

Yes, there are bad dogs. There are breeds that are way more prone to attacking and killing dogs and kids and people. And while a bad owner will make it worse there are lots of good owners that have had to put dogs down for attacking people.

Yes there are bad dogs. Period. And a bad owner just makes it worse. But all dogs aren't "good boys" by default.

notorious 01-10-2023 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 16726537)
This blanket statement is absolutely untrue and is repeated far too often.

I have a friend who does drive training for dogs and he would tell you this statement is so beyond false and irresponsible and ignorant. He has said publicly that some dogs, regardless of breed cannot get to a high level of control by ANY owner. Period. And you're just some guy that's seen too many episodes of Caesar.

Dogs have a wide array of learning capabilities, behaviors, and individual traits that make them unique.

It is true that a good owner gives every dog a better chance, but there are literally dogs that have anxiety disorders, and mental disorders.

Yes, there are bad dogs. There are breeds that are way more prone to attacking and killing dogs and kids and people. And while a bad owner will make it worse there are lots of good owners that have had to put dogs down for attacking people.

Yes there are bad dogs. Period. And a bad owner just makes it worse. But all dogs aren't "good boys" by default.

HOLY SHIT!

How have you been doing?!?!

tredadda 01-10-2023 09:12 AM

Quote:

Banning them will accomplish nothing. There will always be a market for it.

kcpasco 01-10-2023 09:18 AM

Get a lab or a retriever for a family dog instead. Im not saying all pits are bad but I wouldn’t allow one around my 2 year old granddaughter.

tredadda 01-10-2023 09:20 AM

My question would be why you would want to have a dog like that around children especially young ones? Also what is it about that breed that makes people who own them want to get them? Is it a status symbol or something? I have children and we have a Corgi. Never even considered a pit bull.

notorious 01-10-2023 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16726553)
My question would be why you would want to have a dog like that around children especially young ones? Also what is it about that breed that makes people who own them want to get them? Is it a status symbol or something? I have children and we have a Corgi. Never even considered a pit bull.

I have no idea why someone actively wants to buy the breed.

It's like a city boy buying the biggest, most jacked up pickup he can find.

Trying to compensate for something........

FlaChief58 01-10-2023 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16726553)

Those people typically live vicariously through their dog. They think owning one of them will make their penis grow 3 sizes

notorious 01-10-2023 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaChief58 (Post 16726566)
Those people typically live vicariously through their dog. They think owning one of them will make their penis grow 3 sizes

12" is more than enough. That's why I go with Labs.

J Diddy 01-10-2023 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 16726570)
12" is more than enough. That's why I go with Labs.

Are you saying Labs can't take 15 inches?