ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Clark Hunt, Brett Veach & Andy Reid press conference (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308903)

Rasputin 07-24-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12971084)
No. Veach is his own guy. Yes Andy and Veach will work together on some things but Veach has the final say on the 53. The good about Veach is he used to be a scout. He knows college players. Our draft should decrease at all, in fact our drafts might even get better

I agree with all this. In fact I think he does have a better personality than John Dorsey. Really quick witted and smart I'd say still a kid but promising bright future that is going be good for the team makings.

I'm feeling this.

I didn't know what to expect.

penbrook 07-24-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12971091)
That's just not going to happen. If they remain as good we will be extremely fortunate.

I don't even think Dorsey himself could've improved upon his past couple drafts.

Keivarie Russell says hi

RunKC 07-24-2017 01:15 PM

Hard to be better than the best drafting GM in recent memory.

staylor26 07-24-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12971097)
Keivarie Russell says hi

Tyreek Hill and Chirs Jones do too.

I'm not saying mistakes weren't made, but when you're coming out with guys like Peters/Morse and Jones/Hill that's very hard to top.

There are going to be misses in every draft no matter who is making the picks.

penbrook 07-24-2017 01:18 PM

Let's hope Veach continues the Dorsey draft way. Even if they have issues they can change and be better ala Peters and Hill

Rasputin 07-24-2017 01:24 PM

At least we have a quarterback that can test the next 10 years or more for us so the guys we draft now will be developing right along with Patrick MahomesII and they will be doing some amazing things together. So we can build this thing and keep after it one draft at a time.

Boom Ch Ka I'm stoked I think Veach will do just fine drafting for us. He's not even old so he has fresh take for open ideas that even Andy Reid can take from imo.

penbrook 07-24-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12971115)
At least we have a quarterback that can test the next 10 years or more for us so the guys we draft now will be developing right along with Patrick MahomesII and they will be doing some amazing things together. So we can build this thing and keep after it one draft at a time.

Boom Ch Ka I'm stoked I think Veach will do just fine drafting for us. He's not even old so he has fresh take for open ideas that even Andy Reid can take from imo.

Honestly after Smith our offense is so young. Schwartz would be the oldest guy on the offense and he just turned 28. Our receivers are so young. Kelce is young. Hunt and Ware are young. Offense looks promising

RealSNR 07-24-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12971097)
Keivarie Russell says hi

EVERY GM has bad draft whiffs on their record. Even the Patriots do. It happens.

RealSNR 07-24-2017 01:40 PM

I do hope he deviates slightly from Dorsey's philosophy of top picks. It's one thing to occasionally draft for raw athletes. A number of them (Peters and Jones specifically) are okay because the shit that causes them to fall can be overlooked and examined with the excellent coaches and atmosphere on staff. The shit I'm talking about is continually over relying on athletes and potential over solid traits that produce immediate contributors.

No, I'm not saying draft for need. I'm saying maybe it's be better to find pass rushers or OTs that don't stop sucking hippo testicles until their third season. Maybe the less strong guy that doesn't require near the amount of transition time is better. Sometimes. I'm looking for more of a balance

Eleazar 07-24-2017 01:44 PM

So, does anyone believe Clark's story and not believe that Reid got Dorsey pushed out now?

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12971138)
No, I'm not saying draft for need. I'm saying maybe it's be better to find pass rushers or OTs that don't stop sucking hippo testicles until their third season. Maybe the less strong guy that doesn't require near the amount of transition time is better. Sometimes. I'm looking for more of a balance

Dorsey's best draft choices were generally guys with issues.

Kelce (suspended for weed), Hill (Domestic Violence), Peters (may or may not have punched a coach, dismissed from the team), Chris Jones (lack of motivation and motor, poor work ethic), etc.

I don't mind drafting for upside in the later rounds, like he did with Fulton, LDT, DJ Alexander, Ramik Wilson and others, but I'd prefer to see Veach draft guys in the early rounds that are closer to a "Finished Product".

The Eric Fisher and Dee Ford approach needs to be a thing of the past, IMO.

BryanBusby 07-24-2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12970909)
He's an excellent situational pass rusher.

Quit equating his worth to the pick given for him. That's over and done.

The problem isn't Ford's value it's his looming contract and the inevitability we'll have to pay more to keep him than he's worth....

Dee Ford has lived up to the first round choice. He doesn't have to be all-pro to be worth a late 1.

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12971152)
Dee Ford has lived up to the first round choice. He doesn't have to be all-pro to be worth a late 1.

The problem with the Ford selection is that he was invisible in 2014 and 2015.

He had a breakout 2016 but that's just not good value for a 1st rounder.

penbrook 07-24-2017 01:51 PM

Per Matt Derrick

Derrick Johnson just walked down the sidewalk. Looks like he's reporting with the injured players attending camp with rookies & QBs.

raybec 4 07-24-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 12971147)
So, does anyone believe Clark's story and not believe that Reid got Dorsey pushed out now?

Do you believe anything happened today to sway anyone's opinion?

RunKC 07-24-2017 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12971138)
I do hope he deviates slightly from Dorsey's philosophy of top picks. It's one thing to occasionally draft for raw athletes. A number of them (Peters and Jones specifically) are okay because the shit that causes them to fall can be overlooked and examined with the excellent coaches and atmosphere on staff. The shit I'm talking about is continually over relying on athletes and potential over solid traits that produce immediate contributors.

I think a lot of that is the coaching staff. They've taken these boom or bust players and mostly hit on them.

BryanBusby 07-24-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12971157)
The problem with the Ford selection is that he was invisible in 2014 and 2015.

He had a breakout 2016 but that's just not good value for a 1st rounder.

He had a decent season in 15.

RunKC 07-24-2017 02:01 PM

DJ will not start on PUP. Ehinger & Dadi will.

Damn DJ healed fast

RunKC 07-24-2017 02:08 PM

Chris Jones had knee surgery 2 weeks ago and is on the PUP.

Mother****er

C3HIEF3S 07-24-2017 02:09 PM

Reid looks like he has dropped a fair amount of weight during the offseason.

saphojunkie 07-24-2017 02:13 PM

Round 1 of this year is the only Dorsey draft I loved on the day. Now, I have loved several of the picks once we got to training camp and the season, but loving the draft? Child, please. There were way too many unknowns picked over highly projected, productive players to really "love" the actual draft.

Results were great, though, a few epic **** ups aside (Carr, the fullback, Russel). Letting David Irving go was also a major screw up, and I'd say not drafting La'el Collins is up there.

Rasputin 07-24-2017 02:14 PM

Same question different worded was annoying he answered it and move on.

RunKC 07-24-2017 02:18 PM

Why on Earth did we wait so long AGAIN for a knee surgery? This training staff sucks ass.

Buckweath 07-24-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12971091)
That's just not going to happen. If they remain as good we will be extremely fortunate.

I don't even think Dorsey himself could've improved upon his past couple drafts.

Yeah Dorsey was outstanding with his drafts yet some fans seem to think our drafts might improve. You can argue Dorsey was not alone in the drafting process and you can argue the coaching played a major part in developing the players drafted but you are clueless if you don't see how the Chiefs drafts in Dorsey's tenure were overall outstanding.

penbrook 07-24-2017 02:25 PM

Chris Jones had a scope just like Tamba did last year.

pugsnotdrugs19 07-24-2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12971203)
Why on Earth did we wait so long AGAIN for a knee surgery? This training staff sucks ass.

The problem just came up while Jones was working out on his own a few weeks back. Doesn't sound like it's gonna be a huge issue.

penbrook 07-24-2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12971216)
The problem just came up while Jones was working out on his own a few weeks back. Doesn't sound like it's gonna be a huge issue.

It's just a scope not an operation

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12971220)
It's just a scope not a surgery

:facepalm:

Arthroscopic surgery is surgery

penbrook 07-24-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12971223)
:facepalm:

Arthroscopic surgery is surgery

I meant operation. Should of been more clear

penbrook 07-24-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12971203)

Well his career is done. Thanks for the 1 year Jones. K Paw it's your turn now

Chiefshrink 07-24-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 12970922)
I agree 100%. Add to the cap mess Dorsey's tendency to go maverick and you have a good reason to can a GM.

All the reasons you all have mentioned in this thread are right on for sure about Dorsey's shortcomings. But IMHO as I have said before, Clark and Dorsey never liked each other from the get go with Clark feeling like he never had Dorsey's respect as Dorsey looked down over his glasses down his nose at Clark all the time. And over time Dorsey wore on AR as well becoming increasingly frustrated that Dorsey was no yes man to him either, with Dorsey pretty much calling the shots in all the previous drafts/FAs that have been very successful with Reid taking a quiet resentful back seat.

There was a gradual indirect coup overtime where you had personnel staff, players and coaches all going to Clark separately complaining about Dorsey and his "bully my way or the highway ways" and Clark had had enough but was smart enough to take advantage of Dorsey's strength before letting him go prior to the draft.

When you have the owner saying stuff like "needing to get the personnel staff up to the same grade as the coaching staff(my paraphrase of course) that is a HUGE TELL.

This was very personal for Clark in firing Dorsey. And Clark enjoyed every bit of catching Dorsey off guard I assure you.;)

Just my opinion.

Chiefshrink 07-24-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12971107)
Let's hope Veach continues the Dorsey draft way. Even if they have issues they can change and be better ala Peters and Hill

It's finally Andy's show now. Veach has no power to override Andy I assure you.:shake:

Chiefshrink 07-24-2017 02:50 PM

And may also answer the question as to why IF Clark knew he wanted Dorsey out for a long time why would he let Ballard go, maybe because Ballard like Dorsey is no yes man and both Clark and Andy knew this about Ballard. But Veach on the other hand is a young kid "yes sir Mr. Reid". Just my theory.:hmmm:

Dayze 07-24-2017 02:51 PM

maybe they can sign Carl Petersen.

you know...show 'em the ropes and all.

DaWolf 07-24-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12971247)
And may also answer the question as to why IF Clark knew he wanted Dorsey out for a long time why would he let Ballard go, maybe because Ballard like Dorsey is no yes man and both Clark and Andy knew this about Ballard. But Veach on the other hand is a young kid "yes sir Mr. Reid". Just my theory.:hmmm:

Either Clark wasn't a big Ballard fan either, or Ballard leaving ended up unmasking a number of issues and exposing certain things about Dorsey, and Hunt started taking serious notice at that point. Same thing apparently happened in Carolina where Brandon Beane was the buffer in the organization for Gettleman. Once he left for Buffalo Gettleman became exposed...

raybec 4 07-24-2017 03:10 PM

I enjoy the wild speculation being stated as fact.

The Bad Guy 07-24-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 12971283)
Either Clark wasn't a big Ballard fan either, or Ballard leaving ended up unmasking a number of issues and exposing certain things about Dorsey, and Hunt started taking serious notice at that point. Same thing apparently happened in Carolina where Brandon Beane was the buffer in the organization for Gettleman. Once he left for Buffalo Gettleman became exposed...

I would say Ballard covered up a lot of Dorsey's deficiencies. Just my hunch.

Titty Meat 07-24-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 12971283)

Rumor was Clark didn't offer Dorsey what Indy offered Ballard.

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12971295)
Rumor was Clark didn't offer Dorsey what Indy offered Ballard.

According to Clark, there was never a negotiation with Dorsey

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2017 03:20 PM

There's more video of Clark discussing Veach's hiring but I can't seem to embed Vimeo

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...163331573.html

Eleazar 07-24-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12971165)
Do you believe anything happened today to sway anyone's opinion?

Probably not, other than Clark saying they were never negotiating an extension. Sounds in print as though Clark was pretty snide about it really.

Grim 07-24-2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12971300)
According to Clark, there was never a negotiation with Dorsey

So, the rumor is confirmed unless Hunt was lying.
🙂

RealSNR 07-24-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12971149)
Dorsey's best draft choices were generally guys with issues.

Kelce (suspended for weed), Hill (Domestic Violence), Peters (may or may not have punched a coach, dismissed from the team), Chris Jones (lack of motivation and motor, poor work ethic), etc.

I don't mind drafting for upside in the later rounds, like he did with Fulton, LDT, DJ Alexander, Ramik Wilson and others, but I'd prefer to see Veach draft guys in the early rounds that are closer to a "Finished Product".

The Eric Fisher and Dee Ford approach needs to be a thing of the past, IMO.

I hope we keep drafting guys with "issues" provided we do our homework on them.

To some extent, Kpassagnon is another high potential athlete pick who won't contribute much in year one that I wish we'd get away from. We already made a huge investment in "future" with Mahomes, and Dorsey continued to make picks that won't see much at all in immediate contribution.

I hope Brett Veach starts drafting with an eye for the "now" more so than later, even if he's drafting to replace guys in the future.

Kiimo 07-24-2017 03:39 PM

Kpassagnon has a chance to be really good. I can wait for it.

For me the biggest miss is not trading up a couple spots for Dalvin Cook. I hope Kareem Hunt makes me not care much but man. Would have been a pretty great replacement for Jamaal.

staylor26 07-24-2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12971339)
I hope we keep drafting guys with "issues" provided we do our homework on them.

To some extent, Kpassagnon is another high potential athlete pick who won't contribute much in year one that I wish we'd get away from. We already made a huge investment in "future" with Mahomes, and Dorsey continued to make picks that won't see much at all in immediate contribution.

I hope Brett Veach starts drafting with an eye for the "now" more so than later, even if he's drafting to replace guys in the future.

I dissagree about Kpassagnon.

He still has a chance to contribute early on and I'd much rather continue drafting for the future not next year.

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12971339)

I expect 2018 to be Veach's most challenging year.

The Chiefs are $2 million over the expected cap. Unless Eligwe, March, Wilson or Alexander make huge leaps this year, the Chiefs will need at least one starting ILBer.

They'll need depth at OLB, considering Nicolas is starting on the PUP and Hali is 200 years old and unless Conley, Chesson or Robinson make huge leaps, they'll need more talent at the WR position.

If Terrance Mitchell is actually a thing, he'll need an extension. If not, they'll be in the market for a #2 CB. If Logan sucks, they'll need a DT. If Logan kicks ass, they'll need to re-sign him, even though they don't have any cap space.

I'm sure he's up for the challenge but he's not in the most enviable position.

penbrook 07-24-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12971359)

The Chiefs are $2 million over the expected cap. Unless Eligwe, March, Wilson or Alexander make huge leaps this year, the Chiefs will need at least one starting ILBer.

They'll need depth at OLB, considering Nicolas is starting on the PUP and Hali is 200 years old and unless Conley, Chesson or Robinson make huge leaps, they'll need more talent at the WR position.

If Terrance Mitchell is actually a thing, he'll need an extension. If not, they'll be in the market for a #2 CB. If Logan sucks, they'll need a DT. If Logan kicks ass, they'll need to re-sign him, even though they don't have any cap space.

They can also release Smith to save 17 mil

RealSNR 07-24-2017 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12971355)
I dissagree about Kpassagnon.

He still has a chance to contribute early on and I'd much rather continue drafting for the future not next year.

Absolutely. I just don't like doing that in the 1st and 2nd round so goddamn often.

Love Marcus Peters. Love Chris Jones. And not just because they're draft hits, but because they were rookies poised to make immediate impacts with teams regardless of who drafted them. More of those, please. Fewer Dee Fords and Philip Gaines, please.

BryanBusby 07-24-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12971359)

Hali will be a guaranteed cut, so they will need to address OLB.

I think Logan is a one year rental that will be replaced by a rookie from a much better NT class in 2018. They don't have as much value, so I'm not too concerned about being able to find a quality one without a 1.

They should have enough cash to sign Mitchell if he plays well enough.

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12971373)
They should have enough cash to sign Mitchell if he plays well enough.

But how can they pay Mitchell without extending Peters first?

It's going to be an issue if Mitchell plays well.

penbrook 07-24-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12971374)

When does Peters become a Free agent?

loochy 07-24-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12971362)
They can also release Smith to save 17 mil

:hmmm:

staylor26 07-24-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12971367)
Absolutely. I just don't like doing that in the 1st and 2nd round so goddamn often.

Love Marcus Peters. Love Chris Jones. And not just because they're draft hits, but because they were rookies poised to make immediate impacts with teams regardless of who drafted them. More of those, please. Fewer Dee Fords and Philip Gaines, please.

Fair enough!

But Kpass and Jones are going to **** shit up together once Kpass is ready.

BryanBusby 07-24-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12971374)

It will largely depend on what Mitchell asks for.

penbrook 07-24-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12971386)

Mitchell won't be asking for top money. A contract maybe a little less than why we signed Sean Smith to

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12971392)
Mitchell won't be asking for top money. A contract maybe a little less than why we signed Sean Smith to

You have absolutely no idea what Mitchell will command

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12971386)

It'll depend on his play. If he's a shutdown corner, he's going to get $10+ million per.

If he's just "okay", he's probably looking at $5-$6 million.

Chief Roundup 07-24-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12971377)
When does Peters become a Free agent?

I doubt that Peters is going to wait until the end of his rookie contract to get a new deal, especially if he keeps playing very well.
IIRC after this year he will have accrued the required time before negotiating a new contract. Whether the Chiefs will want to do it in 2018 or wait longer is to be determined. One obvious thing is the longer we wait the more he is going to cost us barring some injury or bad off the field issues.

penbrook 07-24-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12971400)
You have absolutely no idea what Mitchell will command

It'll be his first full season. He needs to do more than be good for 1 year if wants big money

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12971405)
It'll be his first full season. He needs to do more than be good for 1 year if wants big money

If he plays like a solid #2 or even close to a #1, some team will give him a huge contract.

Coogs 07-24-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12970777)
Hunt felt like Dorsey wasn't making the Chiefs better. He believes Veach can take us to a super bowl in 3-4 years

:hmmm:

JakeF 07-24-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 12971404)
I doubt that Peters is going to wait until the end of his rookie contract to get a new deal, especially if he keeps playing very well.
IIRC after this year he will have accrued the required time before negotiating a new contract. Whether the Chiefs will want to do it in 2018 or wait longer is to be determined. One obvious thing is the longer we wait the more he is going to cost us barring some injury or bad off the field issues.

Now that we've gotten rid of that bum Dorsey I'm sure we'll sign Peters early to a contract for 3 million per year for 6 years. We'll be able to keep all of our players and still have 30-40 million in cap space left with no problems. I can't wait until the Super Bowl Trophies start rolling in.

Chief Roundup 07-24-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 12971419)
Now that we've gotten rid of that bum Dorsey I'm sure we'll sign Peters early to a contract for 3 million per year for 6 years. We'll be able to keep all of our players and still have 30-40 million in cap space left with no problems. I can't wait until the Super Bowl Trophies start rolling in.

ROFLROFLROFL

Coogs 07-24-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 12971419)

Sounds like the big boss thinks you are going to have to wait at least 3 years just to get to the Super Bowl.

pugsnotdrugs19 07-24-2017 04:29 PM

Mitchell is a RFA and can be kept on a 1st, 2nd, or original round tender for very little $. He is under team control through 2018 in that sense, as he isn't a 'free' agent.

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12971440)
Mitchell is a RFA and can be kept on a 1st or 2nd round tender for very little $. He is under team control through 2018 in that sense, as he isn't a 'free' agent.

This is Mitchell's 4th year in the league.

He'll be an UFA in 2018.

penbrook 07-24-2017 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12971444)

He'll be an UFA in 2018.

According to spotrac he will be a RFA in 2018

pugsnotdrugs19 07-24-2017 04:34 PM

Quote:

He'll be an UFA in 2018.

Him being cut/re-signed so many times changed that, apparently. That's why guys like Ramik Wilson and RNR are also RFAs next offseason, even though they are only in their 3rd seasons. It stems from them being released last year and brought back on the practice squad.

staylor26 07-24-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

He'll be an UFA in 2018.

I think pugs is right Dane. That's what I remember hearing.

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12971464)
I think pugs is right Dane. That's what I remember hearing.

He may be but Mitchell was drafted in 2014, so it stands to reason that he'd be an RFA in 2018, but the rules may be cloudy.

staylor26 07-24-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12971470)
He may be but Mitchell was drafted in 2014, so it stands to reason that he'd be an RFA in 2018, but the rules may be cloudy.

Hopefully that's not just wishful thinking on my part, but I feel like I heard the same thing before.

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2017 04:39 PM

Over The Cap has him as a UFA in 2018:

https://overthecap.com/player/terrance-mitchell/3193/

Free Agency: 2018 (UFA)

pugsnotdrugs19 07-24-2017 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12971470)

If I am reading things correctly, it appears that if a player becomes a free agent with only three seasons of 6+ regular season games appeared in, they are a RFA.

Mitchell has only appeared in at least 6 games twice so far (2014 and 2016).

pugsnotdrugs19 07-24-2017 04:42 PM

Hopefully he is restricted, as that would at least buy us another year if he pans out.

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12971480)
If I am reading things correctly, it appears that if a player becomes a free agent with only three seasons of 6+ regular season games appeared in, they are a RFA.

Mitchell has only appeared in at least 6 games twice so far (2014 and 2016).

Barring injury, he'll hit that in 2017.

RunKC 07-24-2017 04:43 PM

Colquitt
Logan
Mitchell
Sherman
Santos

These are our 2018 FA's. Hopefully we can keep who we want to and knock out at least 1 of Dee Ford, Chris Conley, Mitch Morse by this time next year.

Veach is gonna have to be creative to fix this up.

penbrook 07-24-2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12971478)
Over The Cap has him as a UFA in 2018:

https://overthecap.com/player/terrance-mitchell/3193/

Free Agency: 2018 (UFA)

Spotrac has him as a RFA.

pugsnotdrugs19 07-24-2017 04:47 PM

He's a RFA, guys.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...tender-amounts

Quote:

A restricted free agent is any player with an expiring contract who has exactly three accrued NFL seasons. An accrued season is defined as a player being on a team for at least six regular season games, although practice squad designation doesn’t count.
Mitchell has only appeared in the required amount of games in '15 and '16. Possibly two more years of cost controlled starting CB play.

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12971506)
He's a RFA, guys.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...tender-amounts

Mitchell has only appeared in the required amount of games in '15 and '16. Possibly two more years of cost controlled starting CB play.

That's good news. They may not need to address him until 2019.

Easy 6 07-24-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12970793)
Hunt: "We needed a change in the personnel department if we wanted to match the quality on the coaching side."

Woah

I surely need to keep reading the thread, but my first impression of statements like this is... what in the blue **** are you talking about?