ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Cutting Cable. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319693)

Chief Pagan 08-24-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14406749)
I'm sure they will eventually raise prices up to the point that cable will start looking good to people again. Its one of the reasons I never got caught up in cable tv shows and just stick to network programming. OTA antenna and I'm good to go.

The only land based broadband I can get is Comcast. YTTV at $50 probably isn't any cheaper than a bundle.

The only thing I want that isn't OTA are the ESPN channels for Jayhawk BB.

If I have NBCSn I would watch some NHL.

Chief Pagan 08-24-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14406784)
I’m thinking Sling Blue and Disney+

You get NFLN on Sling and ESPN streaming from Disney. It’s only $38

If I understand correctly Disney is only including ESPN+.

All4chiefs 08-24-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 13971226)
I know there are already several threads but I’m adding to it.

Our DTV bill is about to go up $60 a month to $133. We’re looking at cutting cable. We’d like to add Hulu live TV, netflix, and MLB.TV. I know I can stream all three through my Xbox. It looks like I won’t have AMC, NFL Network or NBC. NFL Network I can stream the Thursday night games through my xbox.

How is the quality? We have to upgrade our internet to unlimited for an extra $20/month. Provider said we’d also get faster speeds.
Does anyone have MLB.Tv and use it through your Xbox?
What about DVR services?

It looks like I can get all three for around $64 a month.

I love my Chiefs. I now live in NC. Does anyone know what add on I need to watch Chiefs such as kctv 5? Thanks

All4chiefs 08-24-2019 06:38 PM

Kodi

I love my Chiefs. I now live in NC. Does anyone know what add on I need to watch Chiefs such as kctv 5? Thanks

DaFace 08-24-2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All4chiefs (Post 14407597)

I've read you can do it with CBS All Access and changing your browser's location. Google it for details.

Coogs 08-26-2019 04:23 AM

I have Dish Network, and have been searching around for ways to be able to cut ties with them. I was doing some research on Sling TV, and when I googled it I came across this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=slin...hrome&ie=UTF-8

They are owned by Dish Network.

jjchieffan 08-28-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 14407172)
If I understand correctly Disney is only including ESPN+.

Yeah, but ESPN plus allows you to stream Monday night football. I don't know what he was wanting it for, but, that's enough for me. Only time I watch ESPN any more is for MNF.

lewdog 08-28-2019 05:50 PM

How do I tell what game I’ll get regionally on Hulu Live, so I can figure out if I need to watch the Chiefs game at a bar on the 8th?

GloryDayz 08-28-2019 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14413360)
How do I tell what game I’ll get regionally on Hulu Live, so I can figure out if I need to watch the Chiefs game at a bar on the 8th?

There's a blackout link on this page, that might help:

https://help.hulu.com/s/article/nfl-...language=en_US

Chief Pagan 08-28-2019 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 14413341)
Yeah, but ESPN plus allows you to stream Monday night football. I don't know what he was wanting it for, but, that's enough for me. Only time I watch ESPN any more is for MNF.

Yeah. I can see that. I need all the channels for Jayhawk basketball.

You used to be able to watch the college BB free shortly after they finished on the rewind streaming but they got rid of that.

For streaming to a Windows desktop, is YTTV the cheapest option?

jjchieffan 08-31-2019 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 14413587)
Yeah. I can see that. I need all the channels for Jayhawk basketball.

You used to be able to watch the college BB free shortly after they finished on the rewind streaming but they got rid of that.

For streaming to a Windows desktop, is YTTV the cheapest option?

YouTube is about the same as the others. The cheapest is Sling if you can get by with just blue or just Orange. They are only $25 each or $40 for both. Most of the rest are around $50/ month now.

Coogs 10-05-2019 12:06 PM

I need some help.

I have a 65" Samsung TV. It has as app for Youtube TV. I wanted to try the 5 day free trial. When I clicked on the app and selected the free trial, it directed me to go to my computer, log in to my google account, go to the youtube tv site and create an account using the promo code that was on my TV. I did all of this, and now am on my free trial... on my computer. I want to be able to click on the app on my samsung tv and be able to watch it there. Can anyone help me with what I need to do to watch this on my TV?

DaFace 10-05-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 14500243)
I need some help.

I have a 65" Samsung TV. It has as app for Youtube TV. I wanted to try the 5 day free trial. When I clicked on the app and selected the free trial, it directed me to go to my computer, log in to my google account, go to the youtube tv site and create an account using the promo code that was on my TV. I did all of this, and now am on my free trial... on my computer. I want to be able to click on the app on my samsung tv and be able to watch it there. Can anyone help me with what I need to do to watch this on my TV?

Typically you either log in to your Google account on the TV, or it might give you a code to "activate" on your computer. Regardless, try the app on the TV again and see what options you have to sign in or activate.

Coogs 10-05-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14500252)
Typically you either log in to your Google account on the TV, or it might give you a code to "activate" on your computer. Regardless, try the app on the TV again and see what options you have to sign in or activate.

That worked. Thank you DaFace! :toast:

Coogs 10-14-2019 04:06 PM

After probably 20 years as a customer, I just kicked Dish Network to the curb.

BTW they are charging me $15 to ship them back their equipment. Pricks!!!

BryanBusby 10-14-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 14525750)

Lmao wow. Not even ATT were that shitty when I cancelled them.

Coogs 10-14-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14525770)
Lmao wow. Not even ATT were that shitty when I cancelled them.

Bastages! Probably averaged $100 a month for 20 years. At least. Probably close to $25 Grand over the years. Getting close to 2 grand a year lately.

displacedinMN 10-15-2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 14525750)

Too bad no one does postage due.

rabblerouser 10-18-2019 07:46 AM

I can get a jailbroke firestick with EVERYTHING on it. So I'm thinking of cutting the cord

warrior 10-29-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14536770)
I can get a jailbroke firestick with EVERYTHING on it. So I'm thinking of cutting the cord

Did you do this- I would like info on the jailbroken firestick from someone who's had one

Fish 10-29-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior (Post 14561009)
Did you do this- I would like info on the jailbroken firestick from someone who's had one

You don't jailbreak a Firestick. All you have to do is turn on Developer mode in the settings and install the app manually. No root access is required. I've posted the instructions somewhere here for how to do that. Seriously it's like 4-5 steps and you're done. Zero reason to pay somebody. Let me know specifically what you want, and I'll give you fresh instructions.

warrior 10-29-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14561029)
You don't jailbreak a Firestick. All you have to do is turn on Developer mode in the settings and install the app manually. No root access is required. I've posted the instructions somewhere here for how to do that. Seriously it's like 4-5 steps and you're done. Zero reason to pay somebody. Let me know specifically what you want, and I'll give you fresh instructions.

I was going to purchase a already jailbroken fire stick for for the latest kodi version and get a vpn access number to watch chiefs games from local tv in kc area.
New to streaming your help is appreciated.

Mecca 10-29-2019 09:29 AM

Its in the setting under my firestick.

Fish 10-29-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior (Post 14561064)
I was going to purchase a already jailbroken fire stick for for the latest kodi version and get a vpn access number to watch chiefs games from local tv in kc area.
New to streaming your help is appreciated.

I would not recommend that. You'll be disappointed. Stay away from any pre-loaded device with Kodi. You will not find a live sports option that works within Kodi. And if you did, you wouldn't want a VPN for it. You only want a VPN service when you want something to spoof geolocation for an app that checks for it. With pirate streams, you never have to spoof your location.

Just get a normal Firestick or FireTV, and use Firefox to access r/nflstreams or sportsurge.net. Then sideload the Cinema app for free movies/tv. If you want live TV, look into Sling/Hulu Live/Youtube TV/etc. If you get one of the live TV services, you could then use a geolocation spoofer to spoof your location for local KC sports. That's a much better solution than a VPN. Because a VPN will reduce your connection speed by more than half. The way a VPN works is that all your internet traffic is sent across the internet to that VPN server and back to you, which often reduces your throughput to shit depending on how much bandwidth the VPN server has. Like I said avoid VPN unless you absolutely have to and there aren't other ways to spoof location.

warrior 10-29-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14561103)
I would not recommend that. You'll be disappointed. Stay away from any pre-loaded device with Kodi. You will not find a live sports option that works within Kodi. And if you did, you wouldn't want a VPN for it. You only want a VPN service when you want something to spoof geolocation for an app that checks for it. With pirate streams, you never have to spoof your location.

Just get a normal Firestick or FireTV, and use Firefox to access r/nflstreams or sportsurge.net. Then sideload the Cinema app for free movies/tv. If you want live TV, look into Sling/Hulu Live/Youtube TV/etc. If you get one of the live TV services, you could then use a geolocation spoofer to spoof your location for local KC sports. That's a much better solution than a VPN. Because a VPN will reduce your connection speed by more than half. The way a VPN works is that all your internet traffic is sent across the internet to that VPN server and back to you, which often reduces your throughput to shit depending on how much bandwidth the VPN server has. Like I said avoid VPN unless you absolutely have to and there aren't other ways to spoof location.

Thanks Mr Fish

BryanBusby 10-29-2019 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14536770)

The problem with this is custom builds are dependent on a server that will probably go down in a month or two and every customer gets ****ed and gets angry at the developers who get tired of the shit and close down.

DrRyan 10-29-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14561103)

I had always planned on just using a VPN when I turn on YTTV to stream local KC sports. Do you have any specific geolocaiton spoofers that you recommend? Thanks in advance for the help Fish.

Fish 10-29-2019 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRyan (Post 14562278)
I had always planned on just using a VPN when I turn on YTTV to stream local KC sports. Do you have any specific geolocaiton spoofers that you recommend? Thanks in advance for the help Fish.

I use this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kegps&hl=en_US

Just drag the pointer to the location you want to use and hit the play button. The app will disappear. Reset the device. Go to YoutubeTV and update your location.

YoutubeTV makes you "Check in" to your home location every 3 months or so though. So if you continue spoofing a location it will eventually tell you it has to check in from the home location.

srvy 10-29-2019 10:12 PM

If you are using playstation vue to stream sony just announced they are shutting it down due to to much competition.

Scorp 10-30-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 14562890)
If you are using playstation vue to stream sony just announced they are shutting it down due to to much competition.

Pisses me off too! I have tried all the streaming services and settled on PS Vue. Now it is back to the drawing board. :banghead:

KCTitus 10-30-2019 07:40 PM

Just cut the cord and Vue was my choice...sonofabitch! Enjoyed the sports packages and NFL network and redzone. The NFL leaves me no choice but to VPN my viewing overseas. I'm not paying 150-200 a month for the luxury of getting NFL Red Zone 17 of 52 weeks of the year.

rabblerouser 10-30-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14562261)
The problem with this is custom builds are dependent on a server that will probably go down in a month or two and every customer gets ****ed and gets angry at the developers who get tired of the shit and close down.

I do not understand.

Fish 10-30-2019 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14564440)
I do not understand.

Some people try and sell these devices "Fully loaded" for more money than the device is actually work. In the majority of cases, "Fully loaded" means a custom Kodi build with preloaded add-ons and lots of empty promises. Preloaded Kodi builds will become unreliable in a matter of months. Support after purchase is nonexistent in most cases. It happens a lot.

BryanBusby 10-31-2019 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14564453)
Some people try and sell these devices "Fully loaded" for more money than the device is actually work. In the majority of cases, "Fully loaded" means a custom Kodi build with preloaded add-ons and lots of empty promises. Preloaded Kodi builds will become unreliable in a matter of months. Support after purchase is nonexistent in most cases. It happens a lot.

What he said. You'll have a useless, overpriced device in the matter of months.

Dunit35 10-31-2019 07:30 AM

It’s been eight months for us without cable. We have Prime, Netflix, and. Roku. We watch the KC games on Reddit. Whenever they decide to shut that down I’ll probably have to add cable again.

Haven’t really missed it. I miss watching American Pickers but that’s about it.

Fish 10-31-2019 08:33 AM

FYI, check out https://sportsurge.net for live football/basketball/MMA/Boxing. Been having really good luck with that.

DrRyan 10-31-2019 10:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14562840)
I use this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kegps&hl=en_US

Just drag the pointer to the location you want to use and hit the play button. The app will disappear. Reset the device. Go to YoutubeTV and update your location.

YoutubeTV makes you "Check in" to your home location every 3 months or so though. So if you continue spoofing a location it will eventually tell you it has to check in from the home location.

Thanks for the help. Having an issue on setup though. I attached a couple screenshots. It looks like in the version of android my phone is updated to the developer options menu isn't in the settings menu. Only developer options found when searching in settings shown in second screen shot. Has to be an easy fix but I'm not finding it. Thanks for any help in advance Fish.

Fish 10-31-2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRyan (Post 14565058)
Thanks for the help. Having an issue on setup though. I attached a couple screenshots. It looks like in the version of android my phone is updated to the developer options menu isn't in the settings menu. Only developer options found when searching in settings shown in second screen shot. Has to be an easy fix but I'm not finding it. Thanks for any help in advance Fish.

I'm guessing your phone is too old to have that setting. I have quite a few additional dev options on my Galaxy:

https://i.imgur.com/48TZg3C.jpg

Did you try and run it to see if it worked anyway?

DrRyan 10-31-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14565229)
I'm guessing your phone is too old to have that setting. I have quite a few additional dev options on my Galaxy:

https://i.imgur.com/48TZg3C.jpg

Did you try and run it to see if it worked anyway?

About a year and a half old, galaxy S8. That does make sense though and android is always slow rolling up OS updates on "older" phones. No luck running it yet. Just checked and there is an update available. Fingers crossed and again, I appreciate the help.

Fish 10-31-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRyan (Post 14565946)
About a year and a half old, galaxy S8. That does make sense though and android is always slow rolling up OS updates on "older" phones. No luck running it yet. Just checked and there is an update available. Fingers crossed and again, I appreciate the help.

Wait... my phone is a Galaxy S8 so you should be seeing the same thing in Developer options. There's like 10 pages of Dev options and settings. Do you know what version Android you're running? Go to About Phone\Software Information and see what Android version it says.

kcxiv 11-04-2019 11:39 AM

i was going to cut the cable then i did the math and it wasnt worth it! for me to cut cable and go full stream i would have to pay an extra 50 for unlimited Data, then sub to other services and i was right back in price to where i am right now. lol Sounded good, but it really wasnt for me.

sedated 11-04-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 14564350)
Just cut the cord and Vue was my choice...sonofabitch! Enjoyed the sports packages and NFL network and redzone. The NFL leaves me no choice but to VPN my viewing overseas. I'm not paying 150-200 a month for the luxury of getting NFL Red Zone 17 of 52 weeks of the year.

??

Sling has the RedZone (and NFLN) for $35 a month and can be cancelled when the season is over.

007 11-04-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRyan (Post 14565946)

It's not Android causing that issue. It's the phone carriers and manufacturer that cause those ridiculous delays. They have to bake in all their bullshit.

I can't stand iOS but at least you can get up to 5 years of updates on their phones .

MelGrif 11-12-2019 10:44 AM

I've also recently decided to cut the cord and bought Amazon Firestick. I should say, I'm pleased with it. There is a great amount of Kodi addons like EXODUS. So, now I can watch movies, TV shows, news, etc. without necessary of paying big bills.

rabblerouser 11-12-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 14574481)
i was going to cut the cable then i did the math and it wasnt worth it! for me to cut cable and go full stream i would have to pay an extra 50 for unlimited Data, then sub to other services and i was right back in price to where i am now. lol Sounded good, but it really wasnt for me.

Right. I did the math and with Internet + subscribing costs, it would be way more than what I'm paying for Dish. I've got free sports package for a year + DVR in two room and AT120+ for like $80/month. Plus free Showtime for 2 months.

Internet is like $70 a month by itself, just for service.

**** the Internet.

007 11-12-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14592684)
Right. I did the math and with Internet + subscribing costs, it would be way more than what I'm paying for Dish. I've got free sports package for a year + DVR in two room and AT120+ for like $80/month. Plus free Showtime for 2 months.

Internet is like $70 a month by itself, just for service.

**** the Internet.

Internet prices are only going to get worse as more people try to cut the cord

Lzen 11-13-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14592954)
Internet prices are only going to get worse as more people try to cut the cord

I just signed up with Cox again and they offered me 150mbps for 3 years at $45/month. I'm good with it. And for my streaming, I didn't need any more that 1000 GBs/mo. So I didn't even have to upgrade my internet plan when I went to streaming.

Mecca 11-13-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 14593593)
I just signed up with Cox again and they offered me 150mbps for 3 years at $45/month. I'm good with it. And for my streaming, I didn't need any more that 1000 GBs/mo. So I didn't even have to upgrade my internet plan when I went to streaming.

Speed isn't the issue I have 275 down for 70 a month, the problem is data caps, I'm way over that number every single month. Even if I went back to cable I'd have to keep the net so it wouldn't make my bill cheaper at all.

007 11-13-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 14593593)

I pay $60 per month for the exact same service. It normally would cost $85. You got a good deal. I have to call in every year to keep mine where is at. I wish att would offer something comparable to force Cox to lower rates. DSL just can't keep up with cable.

Fish 11-14-2019 08:05 AM

FYI.... Woot is selling an Amazon Fire Stick today for $19.99: https://www.woot.com/offers/amazon-f...f=w_cnt_wp_0_1

DaFace 11-15-2019 01:44 PM

Looks like Hulu is bumping their Live TV price by $10. Time to look into YouTube TV more seriously...

ScareCrowe 11-15-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14598123)
Looks like Hulu is bumping their Live TV price by $10. Time to look into YouTube TV more seriously...

Just got that email too. I did a quick look into YouTube TV, looks like most of the channels are the same, the ones that are missing I have on another service I use called Philo TV. (which is also a great value FWIW) So my channels would stay virtually the same. However due to my wife watching a few Hulu series we would have to at least maintain the non-live Hulu(we'd just keep the Disney+ bundle w/o live tv) after running the numbers my bill would change by $1 by switching.

lewdog 11-17-2019 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14598123)

Do most of you do the LIVE versions on the streaming services due to sports? That's the only thing keeping me on the live versions of anything.

jjchieffan 11-18-2019 04:24 PM

It's worth it to me. I put up an antenna, hooked it up to a USB tuner on my PC and bought the lifetime subscription of Plex, so my locals are free. I have Hulu and Spotify bundled for $10/ month. Philo is $20, Disney plus is free because I have Verizon, and I have CBS all access for $6. That's way cheaper than my Dish was. Internet is $50/ month, but I was paying for that anyway, so I don't really factor it in to the cost.

DaFace 11-18-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14602350)
Do most of you do the LIVE versions on the streaming services due to sports? That's the only thing keeping me on the live versions of anything.

Mostly. I still watch a handful of network shows as well, which I could probably live without but are nice to have.

jjchieffan 11-18-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14602350)

Live versions are fine for sports. I used them before I got my antenna. A few seconds delay, but that's the only issue.

Lzen 11-25-2019 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14593660)
I pay $60 per month for the exact same service. It normally would cost $85. You got a good deal. I have to call in every year to keep mine where is at. I wish att would offer something comparable to force Cox to lower rates. DSL just can't keep up with cable.

I don't know if I shared on here but I signed up with ATT Uverse internet after having Cox for years. After about 3 weeks when I saw my first bill and realized ATT was not giving me the price they promised, I went back to Cox. Well, I did call them and try to get them to give me the price they said but they wouldn't budge. So I told them to come and get their !@#$. Cox, when they heard my story were more than happy to give me this deal. So I guess it worked out in the end. Perhaps you should try that. :p

RustShack 11-26-2019 10:21 PM

I pay 49.99 a month for spectrum internet, my most recent speed test gave me download speed of 236mbps. I’d personally say it’s better than the google fiber and mediacom I’ve had in the past, and defiantly cheaper.

rocknrolla 11-30-2019 06:02 AM

I have been using hulu live for a year. With the price hike, I subscribed to youtube tv. I really like youtube better, yet it keeps getting stuck during commercials and have to restart the app. Anyone else have this problem?

BryanBusby 11-30-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 14624427)
I have been using hulu live for a year. With the price hike, I subscribed to youtube tv. I really like youtube better, yet it keeps getting stuck during commercials and have to restart the app. Anyone else have this problem?

You shouldn't be having that issue. Reinstall the app.

What device are you using?

rocknrolla 11-30-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14624618)
You shouldn't be having that issue. Reinstall the app.

What device are you using?

I am using Roku

DaFace 11-30-2019 07:52 PM

Quote:

I tried it out for a few days and had the same issue on Roku. Haven't decided if I'll try it again when my Hulu sub is up in a month.

rocknrolla 11-30-2019 08:16 PM

It only seems to be on VOD.

Fish 12-02-2019 08:46 AM

Quote:

I use YoutubeTV on every device except Roku, and have never seen that issue. Not a fan of the Roku.