ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Kodi Add Ons? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297271)

WilliamTheIrish 07-21-2016 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12323320)
I'm going to do this. Thanks for the info.

But before I make my purchase, will the FireTV Stick be sufficient or should I go with the box?

Get the box. After following Fish's instructions I'm watching everything on KODI in HD. The excess memory has been an incredible upgrade.

The Franchise 07-21-2016 04:10 PM

Secret Life of Pets and Finding Dory are just cams right now. ****ing boo.

Skyy God 07-21-2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 12326900)
Get the box. After following Fish's instructions I'm watching everything on KODI in HD. The excess memory has been an incredible upgrade.

X2

Fish 07-21-2016 10:11 PM

Quote:

Yeah, seriously. The price difference is bullshit for the difference in hardware you get. Just spend the tiny extra and not worry about it.

Mr. Plow 07-22-2016 06:59 AM

Quote:

X3

Shag 08-13-2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 12322951)
Thanks! I'm actually interested in it for NFL and NHL, but wanted to see the quality, so was trying baseball. Good to know that it might be more useful for sports I want to stream.

How is the stream quality typically? Hockey, especially, seems to suffer when the quality isn't great.

I may be moving later this year, and may not have access to directv when I do, and want to ensure I can still watch the Chiefs and the Wild in good quality.

Trying to use ProSport to catch the Chiefs game, and the NFL section errors out completely, and says to check the logs. Castaway doesn't work, either. Is this just a preseason thing, or do I need to be looking for alternatives?

thabear04 08-13-2016 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 12366324)
Trying to use ProSport to catch the Chiefs game, and the NFL section errors out completely, and says to check the logs. Castaway doesn't work, either. Is this just a preseason thing, or do I need to be looking for alternatives?

I was using sports devil yesterday it work fine for me.

Baby Lee 08-13-2016 03:44 PM

Looking at a fresh PC install after re-installing Win10 [see borked HD thread].

Anything cool I should be on the lookout for? awesome repos?

Go with Latest KODI, then install like Fish outlined above? Or FreeTelly like aturnis mentioned? Something easier or better. Any pitfalls to avoid?

My main KODI interests are good live sports feeds and decent sources for lesser known series. Nothing exotic or complicated, unless someone mentioned something that's a can't miss.

Jewish Rabbi 08-13-2016 03:47 PM

Quote:

I couldn't get anything either. I'd be willing to bet there will be plenty of streams once the regular season starts.

Baby Lee 08-13-2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 12366654)
I couldn't get anything either. I'd be willing to bet there will be plenty of streams once the regular season starts.

It's often a life saver.

Jewish Rabbi 08-13-2016 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12366679)

It's often a life saver.

Thanks, that's what I used today to watch the game, but I prefer using Kodi since my setup is on a FireTV and would rather watch it on my TV than my laptop.

Fish 08-14-2016 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12366679)

It's often a life saver.

The KODI addon ProSport pulls sources straight from there. And yes, it does much better with regular season games. I didn't have any luck with preseason games last year either.

Mr. Plow 08-15-2016 07:05 AM

I've enjoyed my FireTV setup so much (thanks a ton Fish & everyone) that I'm buying a second one to set up. I'm starting to scale back my cable & I'm hoping that I can force myself to officially pull the plug on having cable altogether soon.

Jewish Rabbi 08-15-2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 12368973)
I've enjoyed my FireTV setup so much (thanks a ton Fish & everyone) that I'm buying a second one to set up. I'm starting to scale back my cable & I'm hoping that I can force myself to officially pull the plug on having cable altogether soon.

Just do it. Seriously, you won't miss it. Most of the time it was just background noise for me anyway.

The Franchise 08-15-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

I'm going to give streaming football a test run this season and then hopefully cut the cord next year.

WilliamTheIrish 08-18-2016 08:33 PM

Quote:

10 months w/o cable = 2k in my pocket.

wutamess 08-23-2016 02:36 PM

K. I have a Zoomtak box that had KODI already pre-loaded on it and such. Can I watch TWD live? I've had this for almost a year and wouldn't mind getting rid of cable.

Jewish Rabbi 08-24-2016 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 12382814)
K. I have a Zoomtak box that had KODI already pre-loaded on it and such. Can I watch TWD live? I've had this for almost a year and wouldn't mind getting rid of cable.

I've never had success with live, but you'd be amazed at how quick stuff is up right after. There's even been times when episodes have leaked and are up before they air.

Shag 09-08-2016 09:13 PM

Quote:

Okay, what am I missing for NFL streaming? ProSport seems to be useless, as the NFL section just errors out with a "ProSport error" when I try and enter the category. I added /r/NFLstreams, but that doesn't have anything, either.

Starting to wonder if I'm screwed for streaming Chiefs games once I move later this year. :/

thabear04 09-09-2016 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 12412483)
Okay, what am I missing for NFL streaming? ProSport seems to be useless, as the NFL section just errors out with a "ProSport error" when I try and enter the category. I added /r/NFLstreams, but that doesn't have anything, either.

Starting to wonder if I'm screwed for streaming Chiefs games once I move later this year. :/

I tried to watch packers vs Chiefs but got the same error but week 3 I could watch it.

I used sports devil when I stream not sure how will this work come Sunday.

aturnis 09-09-2016 07:21 AM

From my understanding, the preseason is pretty much a crap shoot. Apparently regular season is supposed to be more consistent.

PAChiefsGuy 09-09-2016 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 12412483)

best just to google "Chiefs vs whoever reddit stream" and it should take you to a reddit page w a bunch of streams for whatever game you want to watch.. Use an HDMI cord to hook your computer up to the TV and you should be good to go.

Quality won't be the best but it should be good enough.

Baby Lee 09-09-2016 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 12413592)
best just to google "Chiefs vs whoever reddit stream" and it should take you to a reddit page w a bunch of streams for whatever game you want to watch.. Use an HDMI cord to hook your computer up to the TV and you should be good to go.

Quality won't be the best but it should be good enough.

Better to go here - https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams - and look for the Chiefs game of the day. Usually gets populated 30-45 minutes before kickoff.

Other reddit pages, such as google results, often send you to spam sites and shit. They curate this forum pretty well.

Fish 09-10-2016 08:34 AM

FYI.... the ProSport addon scans reddit NFL pages for streams. That's where it gets them from.

PAChiefsGuy 09-10-2016 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12414456)
Better to go here - https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams - and look for the Chiefs game of the day. Usually gets populated 30-45 minutes before kickoff.

Other reddit pages, such as google results, often send you to spam sites and shit. They curate this forum pretty well.

I did not know that... Thanks man.. Appreciate it

Shag 09-10-2016 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12414829)
FYI.... the ProSport addon scans reddit NFL pages for streams. That's where it gets them from.

Any idea why pro sport errors for me when trying to enter the NFL section? No idea how to troubleshoot on a fire tv.

PAChiefsGuy 09-10-2016 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 12415566)
Any idea why pro sport errors for me when trying to enter the NFL section? No idea how to troubleshoot on a fire tv.

IMO Kodi is starting to get cracked down on now when it comes to the NFL.

Better off just using that reddit link and either watching it on your computer or getting an HDMI cable and hooking it up to your TV or go to a local sports bar/friends house with the NFL ticket and watching it there.

Jewish Rabbi 09-11-2016 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 12416107)
IMO Kodi is starting to get cracked down on now when it comes to the NFL.

Better off just using that reddit link

It's the exact same thing...

Fish 09-11-2016 11:21 AM

ProTip:

Castaway has a new Subbreddit feature. Launch Castaway, click on Subreddits, and add your own there. It will scrape that location and list games.

For instance, click Add subreddit, and type in: https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams

Do the same for whatever other subreddit you want.

Boise_Chief 09-11-2016 08:57 PM

That worked for me today, any idea on where to find replays?

Boise_Chief 09-11-2016 08:58 PM

Actually I just typed in nflstreams and it worked

Fish 09-20-2016 03:15 PM

FYI.... Pro Sport recently received a healthy update. It's current at the moment, and working great. If you navigate the Archive section in Pro Sport, you'll find HD links for the first two weeks of NFL games. It will work for this week's live NFL games as well.

Sportsdevil was also updated recently. It seems that Castaway has been abandoned and Sportsdevil has been resuscitated. Newest version of Sportsdevil can be found in the first post here: https://forums.tvaddons.ag/sportsdev...o-librtmp.html

Sportsdevil is stand alone now, and will not auto update like Pro Sport, so you'll have to go to the above address, download the zip file(don't unzip it!), and add the zip file in KODI.

EDIT: Pro Sport current version is v0.55. If you are not at that version, launch Fusion Addon Installer, navigate repositories, and install PodGod repo. Install Pro Sport Video Addon from PodGod repo.

Fish 09-20-2016 08:20 PM

Free N#L GameP@ss here via Pro Sport Archive, just like last year. 720p every game. Get it while it lasts. Don't pass it on to your damn friends, so help me...

Boise_Chief 09-21-2016 11:54 AM

How long does it normally take them to post them after the games are over

Fish 09-21-2016 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 12440711)
I can't seem to find v0.55. I added the PodGod repo, but still only seeing v0.47. Can seem to figure out how to access the PodGod repo directly - in the PodGod repo (under addon installer -> repos), only a few apps are listed, and not ProSport.

System\Addons\Install from Repository\PodGod repo\Video add-ons\Pro Sport

If anything beneath the PodGod repo folder is missing or showing older version than 0.55, you'll have to right(context) click on PodGod repo, and select "Check for Updates" v0.55 is there, and I've tested it on 4 different platforms.

Fish 09-21-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boise_Chief (Post 12440673)
How long does it normally take them to post them after the games are over

Varies from a few hours to a day and a half. It's not always the same uploaders.

Fish 09-21-2016 07:49 PM

Pro Sport also streaming MLB games very well. Testing it out, and lots of games showing up with great streams. KC/CLE currently showing very nice close to HD stream....

Bob Dole 10-02-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12441368)
Pro Sport also streaming MLB games very well. Testing it out, and lots of games showing up with great streams. KC/CLE currently showing very nice close to HD stream....

Got the Firestick Thursday and a buddy jail broke it. Been watching Pro Sports all day. A few hiccups, but overall pretty solid.

Fish 10-03-2016 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 12460445)
Got the Firestick Thursday and a buddy jail broke it. Been watching Pro Sports all day. A few hiccups, but overall pretty solid.

Hey, that's good to hear. If you have any questions or problems, post them here or create a new thread. I'll fix you up as soon as I can get to it.

Pro Sport has been working flawlessly since the updates resumed. Both live streaming and watching the Archives has been really great quality. Working great tonight...

Pro Sport should be v0.65. Make sure that's the version you're using. If that's not the version you're using, then it's likely not autoupdating like it should.

FYI... here's the full instructions of getting Pro Sport to work at its latest version, because the version in Addon Installer isn't the most recent. That's why these instructions are necessary. Do this to ensure you're using the most recent version that will autoupdate:

Quote:

Pro Sport is a KODI addon that scrapes reddit for both live sports streams, and streamable HD options for watching any past NFL game. Live streams are the same list of streams you'd find from /nflstream, but in a handy list. The Archive section is a completely different source, as it provides 720p/360p versions of all past games from this season. These are not live streams, and as such will not buffer. ProSport requires routine updates from the developer to work properly, which hadn't been done until recently. But when it's updated, it gives you links for live NFL/NBA/NHL, as well as "Archive" versions of each. It organizes everything in a very simple menu, and streams from what you'd normally search through via reddit subs. The NFL Archive section is super reliable when the addon is working. Currently, all the games I've checked are working. Whether it lasts like this all season is yet to be seen, but the dev is killing it right now and I expect it to last. Here's complete instructions on how to make it work on any device:

Install KODI on your preferred device: https://www.tvaddons.ag/install-kodi/

Within KODI on preferred device....

Install Fusion Installer Source: https://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

Install Addon Installer: https://www.tvaddons.ag/addon-installer-kodi/

Launch Addon Installer. Install Repo. Install GodPod Repo. Exit.

Navigate to KODI main menu, then System. Then Addons.

Click on Install from Repository. Select PodGod Repo. Select Video Addons(if the menu doesn't load, right click on PodGod Repo and select Update). Within Video Addons, select Pro Sport. Install.

From main KODI menu, open Video Addons. Open Pro Sport.
Navigate Pro Sport menu accordingly.
Previously played games are in the Archive section.
:toast:

WilliamTheIrish 10-05-2016 08:20 PM

Fish,

Since that update to pro sport, the streams are so good my fire stick cannot handle them. They are HD streams and incredible. Have to watch everything on the Fire tv box.

WilliamTheIrish 10-07-2016 07:12 AM

Also, last night I used my live tv add on app "Mobdro". It was crystal clear and I watched both games in near HD. It had a half dozen short stalls, or refreshes, but it didn't really interrupt my viewing experience.

I'm starting to play around a lot with the add on apps. It's great fun.

SAGA45 10-12-2016 10:30 AM

Thank you guys for the info on Pro Sport...a complete game changer for me...especially these 720p archive game replays. God I love it!

Is therean equivalent to Pro Sport for streaming live Boxing Matches in HD? Been using SportsDevil for those and the quality has been horrid.

Boise_Chief 10-16-2016 05:04 PM

I missed the entire 4th quarter today. Had a super stable stream and everything was peachy. suddenly I get knocked off the stream and no streams would open.
Tried Castaway, pro sport, sports devil not one stream would open. Any Ideas I'm starting to lose my sense of humor ie. Kodi and addons.

Using a standard fire tv with Kodi and addon installer.

WhawhaWhat 10-16-2016 05:15 PM

Anyone use the Xfinity Go app on the Fire Stick? Any suggestions for a controller?

Shaid 10-17-2016 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boise_Chief (Post 12488450)
I missed the entire 4th quarter today. Had a super stable stream and everything was peachy. suddenly I get knocked off the stream and no streams would open.
Tried Castaway, pro sport, sports devil not one stream would open. Any Ideas I'm starting to lose my sense of humor ie. Kodi and addons.

Mine was the same but the stream was only down around 5 min for me.

Fish 10-17-2016 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boise_Chief (Post 12488450)

I was watching the stream for a while, when KCTV5's over the air broadcast went down for a while. It worked fine for me.

WhawhaWhat 10-17-2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 12488514)
Anyone use the Xfinity Go app on the Fire Stick? Any suggestions for a controller?

Figured it out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZFK5AKcOICw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now watching cable TV in HD through the Firestick.

Snica 10-18-2016 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 12479212)
Thank you guys for the info on Pro Sport...a complete game changer for me...especially these 720p archive game replays. God I love it!

Is therean equivalent to Pro Sport for streaming live Boxing Matches in HD? Been using SportsDevil for those and the quality has been horrid.

The live feeds worked decent for me but none of the archives would load at all on my Fire TV.

Skyy God 11-08-2016 01:53 PM

What's the best add on to watch individual live TV networks (e.g., CNN) these days?

frankotank 11-08-2016 02:07 PM

OK...so I NEVER have any luck with UFC PPV events....unless....you know....I pay for them. ROFL
Saturday night there's arguably the best one yet.
Anyone found a good app on Kodi that works for this?

(I am aware of xmeforums....and it doesn't work very well a lot of times either)

BWillie 11-08-2016 08:33 PM

So, could I use this Kodi thing to watch ALL major live sports? What about all KU basketball games?

WhawhaWhat 11-09-2016 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12539006)
OK...so I NEVER have any luck with UFC PPV events....unless....you know....I pay for them. ROFL
Saturday night there's arguably the best one yet.
Anyone found a good app on Kodi that works for this?

(I am aware of xmeforums....and it doesn't work very well a lot of times either)

I watched the Pacquiao fight on Saturday on Castaway so I assume UFC will be there too. It wasn't HD but it was certainly watchable.

WilliamTheIrish 11-10-2016 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12540089)
So, could I use this Kodi thing to watch ALL major live sports? What about all KU basketball games?

Yes.

Although I've tweaked my viewing of sports just a bit. I put together a set up for a friend. In return he gave me his parents log in for ESPN. So, rather than chase streams for sports I really want to watch, I log into the ESPN app and stream in HD.

Otherwise, it's everything from KODI

frankotank 11-11-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 12545556)
Yes.

Although I've tweaked my viewing of sports just a bit. I put together a set up for a friend. In return he gave me his parents log in for ESPN. So, rather than chase streams for sports I really want to watch, I log into the ESPN app and stream in HD.

Otherwise, it's everything from KODI

my team plays at 8. unranked and unaired....not even on B1G network. ROFL

honestly I rarely use KODI for sports. but now I'm scrambling. the bball streams on SPORTSDEVIL don't work. I tried about 10 of them.

---I'm running KODI on a firestick.....

can anyone tell a brutha how to watch the lowly wolverines tonight?

frankotank 11-11-2016 08:19 PM

uninstalled Sportsdevil and reinstalled and it works much better.
I only found two streams of the michigan game and the first one in dimsports didn't work. I went thru every one...and finally...on the last one (starts with a Z) I found a good stream. it is amazing how many games are out there. teams I've never even heard of you can watch.

YAY KODI!

however....I won't be trusting it tomorrow night for the UFC PPV event....

KChiefs1 12-20-2016 11:22 PM

What's the best addon for porn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

siberian khatru 12-21-2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12632117)
What's the best addon for porn?

Ultimate Whitecream.

Or so I've heard.

KChiefs1 12-24-2016 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12632404)
Ultimate Whitecream.

Or so I've heard.

Thank you sir...I've enjoyed it immensely.

KChiefs1 12-24-2016 02:09 PM

What are these build addons? Should I download them?

WilliamTheIrish 12-24-2016 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12637377)

Which add ons are you talking about?

KChiefs1 12-25-2016 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 12637990)
Which add ons are you talking about?

https://youtu.be/dI2MpLeaqdE

SuperChief 12-27-2016 01:16 PM

Quote:

Also interested in this. Maybe Fish has some insight?

Fish 12-27-2016 04:28 PM

Quote:

No, don't bother. Those are simply user provided KODI versions with addons and sources pre-configured. They use shitty unreliable sources that never update correctly, and some of them come with adware and garbage installed that you don't want. They offer nothing you can't install yourself. They never work correctly. If you see a particular addon in those youtube videos, just install that addon yourself. But don't mess with custom pre-configured KODI versions. You'll be much better off installing via Addon Installer as outlined earlier in this thread, and installing your addons that way.

dmahurin 12-31-2016 01:48 PM

https://www.tvaddons.ag/tvmc-fire-tv/

Step by step instructions for installing kodi with the tvaddons setup. has worked perfectly for me. super easy, fast, and reliable. I recommend this to everyone.

WhawhaWhat 01-01-2017 02:29 AM

If you had the South Park add-on and noticed it wasn't working for a while, it's been updated now and is working again.

SuperChief 01-03-2017 11:23 AM

If anyone knows - is the newer Fire Stick capable of sideloading Kodi?

WilliamTheIrish 01-03-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 12658013)
If anyone knows - is the newer Fire Stick capable of sideloading Kodi?

Yes.

KChiefs1 01-06-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12082810)
Check out the new Exodus addon. It's essentially the next generation of Genesis. From the same developer. Not sure why he didn't just port this into Genesis instead of creating a new addon. But whatever, it works well.

GVideo sources are being resolved again, and that's a very good thing. GVideo is one of the best free sources with almost no buffering ever.

Instructions: https://www.tvaddons.ag/exodus/

Exodus is my favorite addon.

Just watched Hacksaw Ridge today. I think Kramer recorded it but it's a great movie.

frankotank 01-09-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12664255)
Exodus is my favorite addon.

Just watched Hacksaw Ridge today. I think Kramer recorded it but it's a great movie.

hahaha....Seinfeld rep! :D

frankotank 01-09-2017 03:09 PM

I turned on my firestick a while back and it acted like it was brand new. made me attach my amazon account all over again etc. once I got back in Kodi was gone....as was Netflix. (my kids use Netflix...so I keep it around)

very weird. I've had it for a couple years and never had anything like that happen. I reinstalled Kodi...no biggee. I also tweaked it for fixing buffering problems as I'd done before. mostly it's fine.....mostly. some times though the movie starts glitching.

now here's my question....before the reinstall...when it would glitch...I'd pause and go do something for 5 or 10, I'd come back and you could see at the top by the pause icon that some movie had...well...had buffered up...like it had downloaded some and was ahead of itself and I'd be fine. but NOW....that never happens. the gray bar never grows. I can't for the life-a-me figure out WHY. it doesn't happen all the time....but when it does....even if I wait 20 minutes, the grey never grows.

hope this makes sense to somebody...and better yet hoping someone has a suggestion. I'm wondering if, when this happens, that I've simply accessed a crappy link.

one last thing to note, this has happened before on a 1.5 hours into a 2 hour movie. was fine and thing pow...not fine.

Fish 01-09-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12671124)
I turned on my firestick a while back and it acted like it was brand new. made me attach my amazon account all over again etc. once I got back in Kodi was gone....as was Netflix. (my kids use Netflix...so I keep it around)

very weird. I've had it for a couple years and never had anything like that happen. I reinstalled Kodi...no biggee. I also tweaked it for fixing buffering problems as I'd done before. mostly it's fine.....mostly. some times though the movie starts glitching.

now here's my question....before the reinstall...when it would glitch...I'd pause and go do something for 5 or 10, I'd come back and you could see at the top by the pause icon that some movie had...well...had buffered up...like it had downloaded some and was ahead of itself and I'd be fine. but NOW....that never happens. the gray bar never grows. I can't for the life-a-me figure out WHY. it doesn't happen all the time....but when it does....even if I wait 20 minutes, the grey never grows.

hope this makes sense to somebody...and better yet hoping someone has a suggestion. I'm wondering if, when this happens, that I've simply accessed a crappy link.

one last thing to note, this has happened before on a 1.5 hours into a 2 hour movie. was fine and thing pow...not fine.

The bolded is your answer. "Tweaking it for buffering" means that you edited the advancesettings.xml file or you used an addon to do so. That file provides custom settings for how much KODI can download ahead in the movie, where to save the cache, and how fast it can download. That's how you tweak for buffering, and that's what controls the amount it downloads ahead. Sounds like you screwed something up when doing that. You might have to either redo the advancesettings.xml settings, or delete the file completely. I really wouldn't recommend messing with the advancesettings.xml file unless you know exactly what you're doing. Especially on a Fire Stick. Because with the wrong settings, you could run the FireStick out of memory and storage both. The stick doesn't have the capable hardware to handle incorrect settings.

frankotank 01-10-2017 08:14 AM

THANKS FISH!

I tried to get it back to the way I thought I had it before....which included the xml change but also still allowed the buffering up. so I'll just ditch the xml changes and see how it goes.

RustShack 01-19-2017 06:59 PM

Anyone have an emulator on their fire?

DJJasonp 01-19-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 12697373)
Anyone have an emulator on their fire?

I did this through Kodi (rom collection browser).

Add Kodi to Fire....config rom collection browser - you're good to go.

RustShack 01-19-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 12697468)
I did this through Kodi (rom collection browser).

Add Kodi to Fire....config rom collection browser - you're good to go.

I have it but I'm not sure what to do when configuring it.

RustShack 01-19-2017 09:49 PM

I can see all the games, and their pictures... but none of them actually load.

Fish 01-19-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 12697636)
I have it but I'm not sure what to do when configuring it.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rom_Collection_Browser

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-h...-browser-kodi/

DJJasonp 01-20-2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 12697638)
I can see all the games, and their pictures... but none of them actually load.

Rom collection browser is pretty finicky.

You need to make sure your paths are perfect in the setup.

and include the *.rom (this took me forever to figure out, as I deleted the asterisk out the gate).

KChiefs1 01-23-2017 02:45 PM

I did a fresh start & something happened to Kodi that I couldn't get any addons to download. So I deleted Kodi off my Amazon Fire TV & going to start all over.

Has anyone tried the FireDL app where you put number codes in to download apps?

Fish 01-23-2017 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12705216)
I did a fresh start & something happened to Kodi that I couldn't get any addons to download. So I deleted Kodi off my Amazon Fire TV & going to start all over.

Has anyone tried the FireDL app where you put number codes in to download apps?

I'm not sure what you mean saying you couldn't get any addons to download. How were you downloading them? I'd recommend using tvaddon's Addon Installer.

No clue what the FireDL app is. Why would you use that instead of the normal app store or sideloading or using adbLink? Sounds unnecessary and shady.