ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs announce news conference on planned Arrowhead renovations (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352532)

srvy 02-28-2024 10:44 AM

Kind of a letdown but OK.

Gravedigger 02-28-2024 10:44 AM

I'm not a fan of the endzone screens, they should be bigger, I get that they want it to be the football shapes but if we're renovating and putting money into it lets update it to modern standards. The side activation zone, seems like just a concert venue which I'm not sure why they need that. Watch parties? Concerts at Arrowhead, which they already have inside the stadium for big enough artists. That's what we're tearing down Kaufmann for? I like the upper concourse changes. Had to know that they'd create a more prestigious sideline club to rake in more money from the heavy hitters. Would've also liked that open roof that at least covered the 300 seats from above.

dirk digler 02-28-2024 10:46 AM

They needed to add a rolling roof IMHO.

BigRedChief 02-28-2024 10:57 AM

Why are the taxpayers on the hook for $500 million? Didn't the Royals offer up $1 Billion for their new stadium? Seems underwhelming and a lot of money to spend and not much return for the regular fans and who will pay the tax bill. No SB on KC either.

luv 02-28-2024 11:00 AM

I like the pedestrian crossings and the ride share zone. Much needed (even if I don't use them, I know people who do). Better cell reception is always good. As an upper level STM, I like the wrap around. Not a fan of all of the clubs, but I'm not the type who would waste money on them anyway. Let them appease the rich fans...lol. Wondering how the parking will ultimately be affected. We've been tailgating in the same spot for 25 years.

KCFalcon59 02-28-2024 11:00 AM

It's time for a new stadium.

Womble 02-28-2024 11:03 AM

That is going to cost $800m? I'll get it done for a few thousand if you give me some Walmart vouchers and a handyman from Craigslist.

Zap Rowsdower 02-28-2024 11:09 AM

It's kind of interesting that they didn't say "GEHA Field" during the presentation like they usually do during official press conferences. They're trying to sell this thing.

luv 02-28-2024 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zap Rowsdower (Post 17421064)
It's kind of interesting that they didn't say "GEHA Field" during the presentation like they usually do during official press conferences. They're trying to sell this thing.

They're not making changes to the field, are they? I always considered that separate. It's GEHA Field AT Arrowhead Stadium. The renos are being done to the stadium. :shrug:

Gary Cooper 02-28-2024 11:12 AM

Does "getting hotter cheerleaders" count as a renovation?

Mecca 02-28-2024 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17421020)
Why are the taxpayers on the hook for $500 million? Didn't the Royals offer up $1 Billion for their new stadium? Seems underwhelming and a lot of money to spend and not much return for the regular fans and who will pay the tax bill. No SB on KC either.

The Royals have really cut back on the amount of money they are putting in as the new location has far less of an entertainment district which is what the Royals were gonna pay for.

wachashi 02-28-2024 11:13 AM

$50 million per bullet point, I guess.

- New turf-covered Activation Zone with tailgate areas and covered entertainment space built over where The K was

- New Upper Concourse Connection Bridge creating 360 access and more concessions for the upper deck

- An Upper Concourse Canopy providing weather protection, including infrared heaters and overhead fans for the upper deck

- New VIP Stadium Entry Points will make it easier for all fans' traffic

- New Sideline Clubs at the lower level

- New Video Boards, likely to get in the ballpark of Dallas, LA and Las Vegas... keeping the oval shape

- Upgraded TVs and Wi-Fi throughout the stadium

- New End Zone Clubs and Suites (think that ground-floor party area in Las Vegas)

- New Concession Stands, Retail Spaces and Restrooms

- A New Field Access Tunnel will provide a new field access point for visiting teams

- Traditional Concession Stands will be converted to modern Grab-n-Go Markets
throughout general concourses, resulting in an anticipated increase in speed of service by 30-40%

- Three new Pedestrian Bridges will eliminate interruptions to vehicular traffic flow

- Better Rideshare experiences

- New Parking Deck on South side of the stadium and Expanded Parking on North side of the stadium at the current site of The K increases the total number of paved parking spots

- Lot O RV Parking Lot will be expanded, paved and permanently lit, with permanent restroom facilities added

Womble 02-28-2024 11:14 AM

You can't seriously tell me this is what $800m gets you today. A walkway over a road, a bit of turf out in the carpark with a cheap looking stage, some tables and chairs from IKEA in the end zone and a big LCD screen. That's $800m?? LMAO

Mecca 02-28-2024 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 17421082)
You can't seriously tell me this is what $800m gets you today. A walkway over a road, a bit of turf out in the carpark with a cheap looking stage, some tables and chairs from IKEA in the end zone and a big LCD screen. That's $800m?? LMAO

2 combos at Wendys is 35 dollars so...

DaFace 02-28-2024 11:15 AM

So it's mostly just stuff outside the stadium plus some field level suites? Or was there more not shown in the photos?