ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mock 2/27/24 - Back to reality (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352521)

JPH83 02-27-2024 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17419229)
I disagree largely on any thought that we're fine at NT. I think Buggs could be a player there, and he should be a factor, but we rotate our NTs about 50/50 and, IIRC, they see around 40-45% of snaps each. So, you need 2 guys there. The remaining percentage are pass rushers kicking inside on passing downs.

Buggs though, has 1 year starting in his 5 seasons in the league. Farrell hasn't shown me anything that suggests he's 1b at the position. I think he's a retainable piece you continue to develop, but I think we need a guy who can play some serious snaps.

As for another 3-tech, I desperately wanted to add a 2nd DT in the draft. Maybe I would if I took DJ's take to the bank and traded Sneed.

Now, I can see a path where DJ's take has merit in that you can let it ride on Hardman, Smith, and Tranquill and just tag Sneed and find a partner. If you lose any of those 3 in the process then you're not out so much you can't make it up with another option. The only issue is there aren't many options outside of Smith at LT and if you do lose him that "other option" just might need to be a higher draft pick. I'd like to avoid that scenario. I don't think you let Chris Jones start chasing deals in FA, you have to lock him up ASAP. There are teams flush with cash that will give him more than KC can.

If you don't add Hurst in one of your mocks I'm going to start to take it personally kccrow! There's the cheap "do a bit of it all" guy. Sure it's for a out 300 snaps before he breaks but whatever

tyton75 02-27-2024 04:58 PM

I like it, just feel like Worthy is another Rice and I'd prefer a true X like Adonai Mitchell.. but again.. pretty solid

Couch-Potato 02-27-2024 05:30 PM

So say we trade sneed for a 2nd now, who you taking with the pick?

ntexascardfan 02-27-2024 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17419912)

I'd sign a WR via free agency, flip Sneed to a team like the Rams for their 52nd overall pick, and package 32 + 52 to try to move up into the late teens to grab someone like Byron Murphy or one of the OTs we like if they fell to in that range.

If we have confidence in our remaining corners without Sneed, then a trade for draft capital really frees us up to hunt BPA or move up for someone we really like.

spanky 52 02-27-2024 06:49 PM

Quote:

I'd take an IOL as of now we don't have a backup for Thuney, Alligretti isn't coming back and I don't think we can afford both Humphrey and Smith next year.

kccrow 02-27-2024 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanky 52 (Post 17420062)
I'd take an IOL as of now we don't have a backup for Thuney, Alligretti isn't coming back and I don't think we can afford both Humphrey and Smith next year.

Caliendo can play Center or Guard. I took Amegadjie to be the LTotF and moved Wanya down to LG, Caliendo to OC.

kccrow 02-27-2024 07:23 PM

Quote:

Either DT Ruke Orhorhoro or CB Kalen King. Those are my dudes in the 50 range.

kccrow 03-02-2024 01:59 AM

Little change to this one with added trade of Sneed... just something to play with and chew on for now.

ChiefsFanatic 03-02-2024 04:38 AM

Quote:

I would bundle the lesser of our two 2nd round picks with something and see if I can move up from 32 to somewhere around 20.

Or, I would pick another wide receiver.