ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Hollywood Brown unhappy with Baltimore offense (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=334771)

htismaqe 11-02-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 15293982)
Dude, they've lost to 3 different teams in two years. They suck!

They can't win the big games.

You can deny it all you want but they're really ****ing good at beating up hapless teams and losing the big games.

I guess that's expected from fans that thought the 1990's was as good as football could get.

WhiteWhale 11-02-2020 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15294011)
I slightly misspoke. I meant numbers, not hashes. Hashes would be a very small area.

I know what you meant, but let me explain.

All 3 are better between the numbers.

But theres levels to this. Brady is vastly better inside and out than both. The strength is stronger, the weakness far less.

With brady its relative. Dude dropped a 55 air yard rainbow just a few weeks ago. If it wasnt caught, it would have hit the pilon. One of the best passes of the season. Deep, outside, and with a big arc.

Megatron96 11-02-2020 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 15294019)
I know what you meant, but let me explain.

All 3 are better between the numbers.

But theres levels to this. Brady is vastly better inside and out than both.

I would agree that he once was. I don't believe Brady's that much better than either today.

I would also say that his decline outside the numbers has been measurable for at least a couple seasons now, but that's a discussion for another time.

BigBeauford 11-02-2020 09:06 PM

I watched the ending of that game as I am sure many of you did.. You can tell they don't have any faith in Lamar making a game saving play with his arm. That 4th down play was sniffed out so fast.

PAChiefsGuy 11-02-2020 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15294015)
They can't win the big games.

You can deny it all you want but they're really ****ing good at beating up hapless teams and losing the big games.

I guess that's expected from fans that thought the 1990's was as good as football could get.

You don't think Lamar Jackson can win in the playoffs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15294028)
I watched the ending of that game as I am sure many of you did.. You can tell they don't have any faith in Lamar making a game saving play with his arm. That 4th down play was sniffed out so fast.

True but game was still very close. You guys are acting like Ravens got blown out. They are a good team.

Lamar isn't a great passer but you combine his ability to throw to TEs, not throw INTs and of course his running ability I think overall he is a good QB

suzzer99 11-02-2020 09:07 PM

The last NFL player I remember calling himself a soldier was Kellen Winslow Jr. How did he end up anyway?

WhiteWhale 11-02-2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15294020)
I would agree that he once was. I don't believe Brady's that much better than either today.

I would also say that his decline outside the numbers has been measurable for at least a couple seasons now, but that's a discussion for another time.

I... think you're drinking the hatorade.

New england would obviously harm his outside passing stats. Their best WR is a slot guy. The rest are trash. QBs struggle outside the hashes when the guys who line up there suck ass. Their top guy couldnt land the 5th spot on our roster.

htismaqe 11-02-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15294032)

What evidence suggests to you that he can? I mean other than the fact that he's winless in the playoffs?

Quote:

Lamar isn't a great passer but you combine his ability to throw to TEs, not throw INTs and of course his running ability I think overall he is a good QB

Not throw INT's?

He threw TWO yesterday. :doh!:

staylor26 11-02-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

True but game was still very close. You guys are acting like Ravens got blown out. They are a good team.

I’m not even sure Lamar thinks he can win in the playoffs...

Megatron96 11-02-2020 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 15294037)
I... think you're drinking the hatorade.

New england would obviously harm his outside passing stats. Their best WR is a slot guy. The rest are trash. QBs struggle outside the hashes when the guys who line up there suck ass. Their top guy couldnt land the 5th spot on our roster.

No, I don't think I am. Have you noticed his sudden pick-6 rate when throwing the intermediate curls and outs over the last 2 years? Check it out. He had a streak where he threw a pick-6 in like three consecutive games. He also was having trouble with go-routes more than 30 yards downfield. Last season at some point some talking head mentioned that Tom was having some kind of elbow issue.

but he's still having the same problems from the two games I've seen now.

WhiteWhale 11-02-2020 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15294059)
No, I don't think I am. Have you noticed his sudden pick-6 rate when throwing the intermediate curls and outs over the last 2 years? Check it out. He had a streak where he threw a pick-6 in like three consecutive games. He also was having trouble with go-routes more than 30 yards downfield. Last season at some point some talking head mentioned that Tom was having some kind of elbow issue.

but he's still having the same problems from the two games I've seen now.

I'm not sure I'm being clear. I'm not arguing that he is great at it, nor am I arguing against some form of decline.

I'm saying he is WAY better at it than those guys you compared him to.

mr. tegu 11-02-2020 09:29 PM

Hollywood Brown unhappy with Baltimore offense

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15294055)
I’m not even sure Lamar thinks he can win in the playoffs...

He doesn’t handle adversity well. He gets way too upset and loses focus and that just highlights his negative attributes of ball security and decision making.

tyecopeland 11-02-2020 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15294050)
What evidence suggests to you that he can? I mean other than the fact that he's winless in the playoffs?

Not throw INT's?

He threw TWO yesterday. :doh!:

Mahomes int rate is 1.4%
Lamar rate is 1.7%.

His biggest issue is 21 fumbles.

The ravens can definitely win a playoff game. Super bowl, eh, probably not. Unless they just get the right teams to play.

Megatron96 11-02-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 15294095)
I'm not sure I'm being clear. I'm not arguing that he is great at it, nor am I arguing against some form of decline.

OOHHH. Now I get it. Sorry bout that. Yeah, I could agree with that.

tyecopeland 11-02-2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15294020)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 15294095)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15294135)
OOHHH. Now I get it. Sorry bout that. Yeah, I could agree with that.

That was a quick change of mind.