ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Apparently Jordan Love sucks balls (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333227)

Wisconsin_Chief 08-28-2020 12:14 PM

The Love pick was never really about him or his talent. It was about Matt LaFleur showing Aaron Rodgers that he was no longer in charge.

The Packers organization is full of big egos and politicians. They are basically the exact opposite of what the Chiefs are. Winning comes secondary to people flexing their muscles and proving who’s the boss. They don’t care about winning. They are interested in raking in cash and building a miniature version of Vatican City around Lambeau Field. That’s been their main point of emphasis the last 10 years. Buying up all the property within 5 miles of Lambeau and putting up offices and condos to make even more money.

It’s sad, really. Watching them take what Wolf and Holmgren built and turning it into a giant shit show. They are a joke of an organization.

MahomesMagic 08-28-2020 12:19 PM

Rookie QB learning his 3rd scheme/offense in 3 years. He has plenty of time to get ready before he's seeing live bullets.

Peter Gibbons 08-28-2020 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15135974)
Heh.

Jordan Loves to suck balls.

I am now thinking Aaron Rodgers will come to like him.

Titty Meat 08-28-2020 12:27 PM

SNR you had me excited seeing that thread title

dj56dt58 08-28-2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 15135997)
if mahomes came in and dominated he would have started day one. Love will be fine, just got to give him a year or two.

Mahomes was causing jaw drops from day one

Sorry 08-28-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 15135947)
A QB from Utah State sucks against pros or rookies from big schools? Who woulda thunk it? Terrible pick and I’m a fan of a school in the same conference.

I always enjoy your Hawaiians when they face off against my bulldogs. No matter how terrible either team may be at the time it is always competitive.

Packers were absolutely dogshit insane drafting a QB and not a playmaker for aaron

Why Not? 08-28-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 15136136)
I always enjoy your Hawaiians when they face off against my bulldogs. No matter how terrible either team may be at the time it is always competitive.

Always! Unfortunately we won’t be able to see it this year😢

Shiver Me Timbers 08-28-2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15135971)
Who is the next Todd Blackledge?

I was thinking the same exact thing

htismaqe 08-28-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15136089)
SNR you had me excited seeing that thread title

ROFL

RealSNR 08-28-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15136062)
The Love pick was never really about him or his talent. It was about Matt LaFleur showing Aaron Rodgers that he was no longer in charge.

The Packers organization is full of big egos and politicians. They are basically the exact opposite of what the Chiefs are. Winning comes secondary to people flexing their muscles and proving who’s the boss. They don’t care about winning. They are interested in raking in cash and building a miniature version of Vatican City around Lambeau Field. That’s been their main point of emphasis the last 10 years. Buying up all the property within 5 miles of Lambeau and putting up offices and condos to make even more money.

It’s sad, really. Watching them take what Wolf and Holmgren built and turning it into a giant shit show. They are a joke of an organization.

Wow. Did Jerry Jones become the owner and I just missed the news headline?

wazu 08-28-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15136062)

The real irony is that if Jordan Love does, in fact, suck balls, that means Aaron Rodgers is more in charge than ever before.

PattyFlakes 08-28-2020 02:16 PM

I thought he was supposed to be the next Mahomes? What a brutal pick, and a terrible looking draft overall. That organization has set a fine example on how to waste the prime of a HoF QB.

MahomesMagic 08-28-2020 02:21 PM

Aaron Rodgers will turn 37 this year. QB is the most important position.

I like the Love pick. Their 2nd rounder was puzzling but that was the Packers trying to copy Tennessee.

Otter 08-28-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15135966)
I never understood the comparison of Love to Mahomes. I just don’t see it in Love’s college tape. Same thing with the Drew Lock comparisons to Mahomes.

I've only watched PM maybe a dozen times and said to myself 'that MF has the potential the be the next Elway." He even has that 1/2 walk 1/2 jog the same as Elway did if you watch two.

The look on my face when the Chiefs traded up and drafted him must have been similar to someone checking a lottery ticket and finding out it's worth a million bucks but still unable to comprehend what just happened.

Now if you'll excuse me I've developed a shoulder cramp from patting myself in the back this entire post while typing with one hand.

Gravedigger 08-28-2020 02:28 PM

LaFluer fell into the trap of everyone spreading the rumors "He could be the next Patrick Mahomes!" He fell for it, and fell for it hard. We'll see how it works out in the future but so far looks like the worst use of a 1st round pick since Tim Tebow. We'll see.... but yeah good job McDaniels 2.0 if it stays the same.