ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ESPN ranks the 10 best WRs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=332331)

Kman34 07-11-2020 01:50 PM

He's top three.. List fail...

RunKC 07-11-2020 01:56 PM

Julio Jones is so overrated.

ThaVirus 07-11-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15062118)

He's really not, though.

He's the all-time leader in receiving yards per game, if I'm not mistaken. He's big, he's strong, he's fast, and can jump through the roof. He also doesn't complain.

O.city 07-11-2020 02:53 PM

Nuke and Julio ahead of Tyreek I get, probably agree with

After that you can’t convince me Tyreek isn’t better. “But he plays for andy and catches balls from Mahomes”

Sure. He also did what he does with alex smith

So spare me

comochiefsfan 07-11-2020 02:56 PM

If you think this list was bad, you should see the one they released for Offensive Tackles. Mitch wasn’t on it.

Mitchell Schwartz, who literally did not allow a single sack all season long is not considered one of the 10 best tackles in the league.

Absolute insanity.

Mahomes_Is_God 07-11-2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15061510)
List is bullshit.

1. Hopkins
2. Tyreek Hill
3. Julio Jones
4. OBJ
5. Mike Evans
6. Michael Thomas

And i'm not sure that Amari Cooper and Devante Adams belong on that list over Diggs and Thielen.

And yes, i would still take Tyreek over Hopkins if i were building a team.

Hopkins sure did a lot of good in the divisional round this year, BWAHAHAHA

JakeF 07-11-2020 11:33 PM

It depends on how you are ranking them.

I bet most people consider Tyreek Hill one of the most dangerous players in the league. I imagine some of them are judging by route-running and completely rounded WR skills. Some of them also want bigger WR for jump ball skills, maybe even blocking.

Just look at it this way, even after all the productivity and impact Tyreek Hill has had he still has upside. Improving his routes, high-pointing the ball, catching with his hands, reading defenses ... Hill can still improve and become productive in other ways.

JakeF 07-11-2020 11:38 PM

I sure wish we could have traded for Hopkins to pair with Hill.

Trade Watkins for Hopkins would have been a better deal than the Texans got.

dlphg9 07-12-2020 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 15062801)
It depends on how you are ranking them.

I bet most people consider Tyreek Hill one of the most dangerous players in the league. I imagine some of them are judging by route-running and completely rounded WR skills. Some of them also want bigger WR for jump ball skills, maybe even blocking.

Just look at it this way, even after all the productivity and impact Tyreek Hill has had he still has upside. Improving his routes, high-pointing the ball, catching with his hands, reading defenses ... Hill can still improve and become productive in other ways.

Im not sure if you are insinuating that Hill is a bad route runner, but if you are then you are completely wrong. He wasn't great at first, but has become one of the better route runners in the league. I think this is one of his most underrated attributes.

Are you saying he can't go up and grab a jump ball? If so you need to watch more games because I have seen him jump and catch balls multiple times and he's always way higher than everyone else.

I think Tyreeks speed is why he isn't ranked higher and it's because these pundits don't actually watch these guys play. They think he's a one trick pony that is only good at running by guys, but Hill is great at route running. He's a speed guy, but can also be good in traffic and hardly drops a pass. He is athletic as **** and plays like he is alot taller than He is. He is going to be very productive for a long time and even when he loses some speed he's still going to be fast as ****.

DanT 07-12-2020 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Teicher's ESPN article on Hill last November
Hill is one of five players in NFL history with 20 or more 40-yard touchdowns at age 25 or younger, alongside Hall of Famers Bob Hayes, Randy Moss, Gale Sayers and Lance Alworth. Despite missing four games early in the season because of an injury, Hill has eight catches of at least 20 yards this season, including five in the past two games. And again, it's not all about speed. In his first game back from the injury, Hill made a leaping 46-yard catch on which NFL NextGen stats measured him with a 40.5-inch vertical.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ame-just-speed

Valiant 07-12-2020 01:32 PM

He is top 3. He is the most well rounded we with speed, acceleration, hands, vertical, awareness.

He was a returner playing 2wr with Smith. Mahomes amped up his true ability and Hill worked harder to achieve what he has attained.

Hopefully we get 5 to 7 more years at this level. Would love to see him in the hof.

staylor26 07-12-2020 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15062118)

:facepalm:

staylor26 07-12-2020 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15062212)
Nuke and Julio ahead of Tyreek I get, probably agree with

After that you can’t convince me Tyreek isn’t better. “But he plays for andy and catches balls from Mahomes”

Sure. He also did what he does with alex smith

So spare me

And Matt Moore...

Megatron96 07-12-2020 01:50 PM

If AB had played last season, probably (I say 'probably' because of course every season is different, and AB didn't actually play) Tyreek would've been 6th on this list.

Demonpenz 07-12-2020 01:56 PM

the reason Tyreek doesn't get many catches is because the catches he gets turn into touchdowns lol