ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game: Week 2: KC 28 Faid 10 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325129)

Rasputin 09-15-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 14450740)
Well done George, as usual. :thumb:

A couple of my Bear fans friends were texting me during the game. Some interesting remarks:

"It's boring watching the Chiefs, they just roll!"

"Watching a future HOF QB is Fun"

" Our Biscuit (Trubisky) is stuggling again"

I always make sure to remind them of how glad I am that the Bears moved up and took Trubisky leaving Mahomes on the table. :D

Hey what's up HemiEd? Good seeing you post I haven't got on as much this year but was living in a van down by the river over half the summer but I'm in a good place now.

Rasputin 09-15-2019 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 14450740)
Well done George, as usual. :thumb:

A couple of my Bear fans friends were texting me during the game. Some interesting remarks:

"It's boring watching the Chiefs, they just roll!"

"Watching a future HOF QB is Fun"

" Our Biscuit (Trubisky) is stuggling again"

I always make sure to remind them of how glad I am that the Bears moved up and took Trubisky leaving Mahomes on the table. :D

Hey give Da Bears some love they stolen Killer Mack from the Raiders we don't face home twice a year anymore

cabletech94 09-15-2019 07:42 PM

great write up as usual, blowfish!!
i was actually nervous that first quarter. seems like wasted emotions now.

goooo chiefs!!!

HemiEd 09-15-2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 14450768)
Hey what's up HemiEd? Good seeing you post I haven't got on as much this year but was living in a van down by the river over half the summer but I'm in a good place now.

I am happy for you, that is great. Me? I don't have Haglunds but I am day to day. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 14450783)
Hey give Da Bears some love they stolen Killer Mack from the Raiders we don't face home twice a year anymore

No kidding, and they have ****ed off a couple of pretty good targets for Carr as well.

GloryDayz 09-15-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14450682)
Great job not passing out today. gg.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Hammock Parties 09-15-2019 07:56 PM

Lamar is Whiplash

Mahomes is Iron Man

farmerchief 09-15-2019 07:58 PM

Good job, GB

FloridaMan88 09-15-2019 08:02 PM

I thought Andy was pretty vanilla with the Chiefs rushing game.

Maybe it had to do with Fisher being out, but they didn’t do much to creatively try to manufacture a running game other than the delayed draw plays.

Of course I don’t know why the Chiefs were trying to run at all with Mahomes in superhuman mode after the first quarter.

IowaHawkeyeChief 09-15-2019 08:06 PM

Good write up... Rushing was tough because they were playing press coverage and had 9-10 guys within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. This is why Mahomes torched them as well. Defenses will have to pick their poison.

eDave 09-15-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14450927)
Good write up... Rushing was tough because they were playing press coverage and had 9-10 guys within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. This is why Mahomes torched them as well. Defenses will have to pick their poison.

This is becoming quite clear to me. That's what all that tape told everyone.

FAX 09-15-2019 08:09 PM

Best 10 things in the league ... by far. And speaking of our offensive problems, I noticed three.

One was the lack of precision in the routes. Wally's offense is based on route design and precision. Our guys cannot forget to detail those routes, close on defenders to force their decisions, then make your cuts on time and with decisiveness. They didn't do that. (That's shorthand for a lot of unmentioned stuff, but that's what stuck out to me.)

The second thing I observed was that Mahomes' accuracy was off on his intermediate throws. That could have been due to the sloppy-ass route running or it could be that Mahomes was just off. (Ankle?) I cannot and will not give credit to the Faiders since our receivers were open(ish) and those are normally pitch/catch plays.

The third thing was the most troubling; what the hell happened to our run game? Was the Faider defense that stout? Was our blocking that poor? Were we tired due to the travel schedule? I'd have to rewatch the game to try and figure it out, but damn ... that was not impressive ... and a little scary, to be honest.

FAX

InChiefsHeaven 09-15-2019 08:14 PM

Always a pleasure to read. I honestly don't think much of the Ravens...I mean, they beat the hapless Dolphins (who I'm pretty sure will pick 1st in the draft) and Arizona. They ain't seen shit like us in Arrowhead. Will it be like the Raiders? No, but I honestly think we beat two decent defenses on the road. We'll be fine.

Bwana 09-15-2019 08:17 PM

Thank you George, well done.

Tinker Dill 09-15-2019 08:22 PM

Thank you George. Very nice.

2bikemike 09-15-2019 08:51 PM

Good write up. After the first quarter I thought we were headed for a shootout. I was pretty certain our offensive struggles wouldn't hold. Man did they light up the scoreboard in the 2nd! I was kinda shocked we never scored again.

I really wish we would get our penalties under control.